PDA

View Full Version : [July,10] Vista Compatibility Center still MIA

Aurion
10.07.08, 07:56
Apparently 20 months wasn't quite long enough to wait to introduce an online "Vista Compatibility Center."

The Web site, which was due to launch on Tuesday morning, still hasn't launched as of 2 p.m. PDT Wednesday.

The idea was to offer a Web site where consumers and small businesses could easily check whether their hardware and software are Vista-ready. Since yesterday afternoon, however, the site has greeted visitors with the message "The Windows Vista Compatibility Center will be launching soon, please check back!"

Well, I have been and it hasn't. No word from Redmond on what's behind the hold-up, but it's certainly not helping the company's efforts to put a better face on the oft-maligned operating system.

I'll keep checking back and let you know when it's up. In the meantime, here's a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like.

Source :

Vista Compatibility Center still MIA | Beyond Binary - A blog by Ina Fried - CNET News.com (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-9986796-56.html?hhTest=1&tag=nefd.top)

zatoicchi
10.07.08, 10:37
the weird thing about this situation is that vista was a flop and that they are already implementing a new windows..i cant really grasp why they should even bother with it

Aurion
10.07.08, 20:05
they are just trying to cover their failure & cut their loses :tongue: