PDA

View Full Version : How-To: Use proxy apps for semi-anonymous torrenting!

anon
09.07.08, 22:41
OK, following the idea Aurion came out with at the Freegate thread, I thought it'd be cool if we could use this kind of proxy applications to announce to trackers through them, and attain a certain degree of anonymity :smile:
And it was possible:

Make a new folder somewhere.
Drop a copy of uTorrent's EXE inside it.
Note: if you're an Azureus user, you can skip to step 6, and guide yourself with the Azureus settings post (http://www.sb-innovation.de/31641-post19.html) instead. :smile:

Make an empty settings.dat file in that same folder: open Notepad, don't type anything, go to File -> Save as..., go to this new folder, and save the file with the name:

"settings.dat"

with the quotes!

Open uTorrent. You should be greeted by an unconfigurated client :smile: (don't worry, your original config at %appdata%\uTorrent is safe.)
Set it up more or less like you did with your main uT install. Don't worry too much about customizing the GUI or anything yet, network configuration is what we're looking for.
Download any of these two proxy applications:

Ultrasurf (http://www.ultrareach.com/)
Freegate (http://us.dongtaiwang.com/loc/download_en.php)

Note: I'd recommend Ultrasurf because it's the simplest and fastest, but Freegate works fine too. :wink:

Note and remember the following:

Ultrasurf uses port 9666
Freegate uses port 8580

Now:

If you chose to use Ultrasurf

Open it, and wait until it connects to a server. ("Successfully connected to server!" message)

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3124
(this screenshot is from version 8.9 - 9.1 is the latest, but the procedure is the same)

Open your BT client.
Go to its proxy settings, and set them up like this:
(note: this screenshot is from uTorrent, but it should be enough for you to know what to do with other clients. Here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/31641-post19.html) is the Azureus settings post if you need it.)
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3119
(i.e. HTTP - not HTTPS! -, host: localhost, port 9666 and no authentication)

Press OK.

If you chose to use Freegate

Open it, and wait until it connects to a server. ("Freegate is running in F3 Tunnel, Proxy mode. IE proxy..." message in the "Status" tab, and "Search completed. If slow..." message in the "Server" tab)

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3120
(these screenshots are from version 6.75 - 6.77 is the latest, but the procedure is the same)

Open your BT client.
Go to its proxy settings, and set them up like this:
(note: this screenshot is from uTorrent, but it should be enough for you to know what to do with other clients. Here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/31641-post19.html) is the Azureus settings post if you need it.)
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3123
(i.e. HTTP - not HTTPS! -, host: localhost, port 8580 and no authentication)

Press OK.

NOTE: don't close the proxy program after you finish doing the steps, you have to leave it open! :wink:

After you finish following the steps corresponding to the proxy app of your choice, and setting up your BitTorrent client's proxy settings accordingly, load a torrent.
If everything has been setup correctly, after a while the tracker's status should be "working" with the proxy enabled.

Done :smile:

FAQ

Q: How can this be used with Azureus?
A: Azureus settings post (http://www.sb-innovation.de/31641-post19.html)

Q: I'm getting a "proxy connect error..." error in the tracker's status message
A: Make sure the proxy application you chose to use is open, and you have setup the proxy settings in your BT client exactly as in the corresponding pic I posted for your chosen proxy program.

Q: I'm getting "connection timed out", or the announces are very slow
A: Choose another server.

For Ultrasurf:
This is accomplished ny clicking in an unchecked checkbox in the main window.
For Freegate:
Go to the "Server" tab, and choose the fastest server (lowest ms. value) from the list.

Q: I'm getting HTTP error 403, 407 or 503
A: Choose another server. If this persists, alternate proxy applications - Ultrasurf works wonders here :smile: - change your BT client's proxy configuration accordingly, and restart it.

Q: Why is this "semi-anonymous"?
A: Because your tracker announces will be tunneled through the proxy, but peer communication, and therefore the actual file sharing, won't. If you need to be really anonymous, buy a VPN service or a seedbox.

Q: What the...!? I got warned/banned for doing this!
A: Most trackers forbid using different IPs for announcing and downloading files. Please note that

NOBODY'S HELD RESPONSABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES YOU MAY ENCOUNTER WHEN USING THIS METHOD!!!

Q: This would make it hard for the government to track us, right?
A: We could say so. There's no way to know whether the government is behind these free proxies. Anyway, at least, should you get in trouble because of filesharing, you were going to get caught anyway :frown:
This makes you a little harder to track because they'd expect announces to be coming from your computer and not their proxies, if they own these servers. :smile:
When it comes to people/organizations that by law can't see the proxy's logs, I'd dare to say you're completely safe. Announces travel encrypted through the HTTPS protocol.

Q: Does this have anything to do with cheating?
A: No, it's just a way of anonymizing your tracker announces. It is not related to cheating in any way.

Q: I want to hide the big lock icon that appears when using Ultrasurf
A: Go to "Options", tick the "Hide golden lock..." checkbox, and restart the app.

Q: I don't want my browser to be launched along the proxy application
A:

For Ultrasurf: go to "Options", and uncheck "Start IE automatically".
For Freegate: go to the "Settings" tab and check "Do not auto open browser...".

Q: I found this really helpful! How can I contribute?
A: Hit the Thanks button :biggrin:
You can also post feedback/suggestions, and/or give anybody who has done so a positive rep. :wink:

Q: I have another question that isn't in this FAQ!
A: Post it in this thread, I'll answer it and add it here :wink:

Q: After starting the proxy application, some apps don't work correctly, or at all (MSN, etc.) How can I fix this?

A:

For Freegate:
Go to the "Settings" tab -> tick "do not automatically set IE proxy", then restart the app.

For Ultrasurf:
Go to "Options", untick "Set IE proxy automatically" and press OK. Restart the app.

List of trackers this method has been confirmed to work in

DigitalHive
RevolutionTT (some issues with Freegate, I recommend you use Ultrasurf there)
Blackcats Games
Turbowolke
TorrentBytes
Demonoid
Quorks
ILoveTorrents
BitGAMER
Underground Gamer (if your login type is "secure", you must login to the site using the proxy in your browser first)
SyncTheBits
PimpYourMobile
BitSoup

A big THX to vDD+wR for risking his accounts to try this in a lot of trackers. :biggrin:

This is a Beta thread/Project! Feel free to provide feedback! Please contribute if you have anything to say! :wink2:

Aurion
10.07.08, 04:48
Guys,plz do contribute if you feel you have extra backdoors to make this process more secure as we here in SB-I Do not held any responsibility to Whoever uses this Method.

vDD+wR
13.07.08, 12:14
great tutorial anon!

actually i didn't thought that you would come up with a solution that fast, wow!:top:
haven't tried it yet, but for sure i will give it a try! :wink:

i think a good idea would be if we could make a list, so that erverybody here could see on which private tracker it would work...

i'll report my results on it..

greetz vdd

Aurion
13.07.08, 13:45
i think a good idea would be if we could make a list, so that erverybody here could see on which private tracker it would work...

i'll report my results on it..

greetz vdd

Well,I like this part since it would be useful to know what works & what dont,anyway,sort of my Beta Testing was on Digital Hive & RevTT,both work without any glitches !!

So just add Trackers that you have applied this method on so we can Update out list regularly :top:

vDD+wR
13.07.08, 14:22
Well,I like this part since it would be useful to know what works & what dont

thanks for your approval on the idea.

i tried it so far on BCG and turbowolke ^^
and on both trackers it worked without any problems..:top:
keep you updated on the others i'm going to try.

Aurion
13.07.08, 19:22
yeah sure buddy,this would be awesome to feed us with up-to-date results so we can make sure the list wont go wrong if used on any trackers :top:

anon
13.07.08, 19:25
i'll add the working tracker list and some possible FAQs i came up with :top: but 48hrs have passed since i posted this and now only VIPs/mods can edit my first post. this is going to be edited a lot of times and i don't want to annoy the staff :/

vDD+wR
13.07.08, 21:11
i'll add the working tracker list and some possible FAQs i came up with

good work anon, we really appreciate your hard work:klatsch_3:

this is going to be edited a lot of times and i don't want to annoy the staff :/

maybe it can be done that way that only on the weekends the first post gets updated.
that way the work is reduced to a minimum on the weekends and if only a few people double post some trackers, it couldn't be that hard to sort them, i think.

edit:(another idea:rolleyes2:) maybe some single person could do this, so that the staff wouldn't be bothered with this any further..

hope i could bring in some uselful ideas and looking forward to your replies..:wink:

Aurion
13.07.08, 21:22
hey anon,its ok buddy,Mods/VIPs wont get annoyed by doing that as long as they are logged in (surfing the board),since we are already offering new ideas to our members :top:

anon
13.07.08, 21:28
@ vDD and reppy

just talked with Rebound and it seems the weekend thing won't be possible :frown:... so all i can do is making sure everything i'm going to add is perfectly written before i request an edit :smile:

and thx vDD for your ideas, hope more people do the same as you :top: we're all building this tut one by one you know, with everyone's additions... :biggrin:

hitman
13.07.08, 22:23
its really simple just make a new post in this thread what has to be edit. we read every new post its not a big deal to edit the first post. there is no annoying dont worry about this.

anon
13.07.08, 22:27
thanks hitman for your tip. :top: i'll do that from now on when needing to update my post... :)

vDD+wR
14.07.08, 20:56
and thx vDD for your ideas, hope more people do the same as you we're all building this tut one by one you know, with everyone's additions...
hey no prob, i try to help where i can! :top: and i'm glad i'm able to :wink:

its really simple just make a new post in this thread what has to be edit. we read every new post its not a big deal to edit the first post.
but did i understand hitman right when i assume that we can still post the working trackers and anon will edit his post (not the first one)?

if yes then: everthings just working fine on torrentbytes and demonoid too..:wink:

anon
14.07.08, 21:01
but did i understand hitman right when i assume that we can still post the working trackers and anon will edit his post (not the first one)?

mhm i think what he meant was that people post trackers this is working in, questions they have (which i'll add to the FAQ) and general feedback and suggestions, then i gather all of them in a post and tell the staff to add/modify this stuff ^^

if yes then: everthings just working fine on torrentbytes and demonoid too..:wink:

thx for reporting :top:

vDD+wR
14.07.08, 21:21
mhm i think what he meant was that people post trackers this is working in, questions they have (which i'll add to the FAQ) and general feedback and suggestions, then i gather all of them in a post and tell the staff to add/modify this stuff ^^

aaaaahhh, the enlightment arrived with your post! :rolleyes2::wink:

tomorrow i try to report a few other ones, i'm just sorry that i can't report any good trackers, cause i have no account on them unfortunately..:frown:
BCG and TB were my best.:biggrin:

good evening everybody

Options
15.07.08, 15:22
so it works only with uTorrent? how to get it works with Azureus?

And we use proxy so that our IP is shown as anonymous. so it will be hard for the Govern to track us. is it right. I know it is a silly question

anon
15.07.08, 17:25
so it works only with uTorrent? how to get it works with Azureus?

i'll make a pic in how to set-up azureus to use this method when i get home...

And we use proxy so that our IP is shown as anonymous. so it will be hard for the Govern to track us. is it right. I know it is a silly question

we could say so. there's no way to know whether the government is behind these free proxy services... anyway at least should you get in trouble because of filesharing, you were going to get caught anyway :\ this makes you a little harder to get caught because they'd expect announces to be coming from your computer and not their proxies :smile:

when it comes to people/organizations that by law can't view the proxy's logs, i'd dare to say you're completely safe :biggrin: and announces travel encrypted through the HTTPS protocol...

Options
15.07.08, 17:53
i see. so this means Proxy has nothing to do with cheating your upload/ratio right?
it just helps you to avoid being caught by some organization. isnt that right? like Peer Guardian do..

anon
15.07.08, 19:40
@Options: questions answered in the original post. :top:

Azureus Settings

For Ultrasurf:

Open it.
Open Azureus.
Go to Tools -> Options -> Connection (in the left panel) -> Proxy Options, and set up the "Tracker Communications" settings like this:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3189
(i.e. host: localhost, port 9666, no username, no password)
Press Save, and restart Azureus.

For Freegate:

Open it.
Open Azureus.
Go to Tools -> Options -> Connection (in the left panel) -> Proxy Options, and set up the "Tracker Communications" settings like this:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3190
(i.e. host: localhost, port 8580, no username, no password)
Press Save, and restart Azureus.

Note: don't touch anything in the "Peer Communications" section, leave it like this!

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3191

You may want to untick "Check proxy status on startup" if you're only going to use your client with this method, and don't want it to fallback to sending non-anonymous announces should you forget to run the proxy application before the client...

Options
16.07.08, 14:00
With Azureus, Do We have to Make another Folder and copy the .exe like we do with uT??

thanks man. great tut

CoreCore
16.07.08, 16:19
thanks for the info, that is very interesting and just what i was wondering that if you are connecting through a proxy that would slow your DL speed down. But if its only the tracker the gets it's data sent that way its very nice idea indeed.

This would be a good way to use a PUBLIC tracker (if you have to use it for any reason), I think it its a private one and your know the tracker you prob don't need to do this. But then again you can never have to much security hehe.

PS. Don't forget to use Peergaurdian or an other kind of P2P blocking app.

anon
16.07.08, 16:36
With Azureus, Do We have to Make another Folder and copy the .exe like we do with uT??

no, it's not necessary. you can use your normal azureus installation. uT has such a small footprint that i thought it would not harm to spend less than 300kb in making a separate "proxified" client, but if you don't want or need to do so, you can use your normal uTorrent installation too. :top:

@ corecore: thank you :wink:

Aurion
16.07.08, 17:16
Hey options,I see you got interested with this simple nice TuT,hope u can apply it good & NJoy being under the shadows !! Anyway,anon offered a great attitude in clearing out all ur doubts !! Now you should completely satisfied when using this method :top:

Options
16.07.08, 18:15
Indeed. well, I have had this program called Ultrasurf, but i just havent used because I did not know how to use and was lazy to google it. But then Anon came up with this TuT. So just thought i would make it clear here so i can play it :)

vDD+wR
20.07.08, 13:01
hey,

tried it now for a few days on 2 other trackers (quorks and revtt)
with freegate it worked on quorks but didn't on revtt (didn't get any notification/warning on the tracker though..huh:wink:)

anon
20.07.08, 17:49
thanks for the heads-up. :top:

but didn't on revtt (didn't get any notification/warning on the tracker though..huh:wink:)

did you get a timeout then, or what? please check if ultrasurf works on RevTT... :wink:

vDD+wR
21.07.08, 21:24
crazy things are happening here.... lol

as i tried to connect to revtt via utorrent 1.6.1 erverything went just fine...:confused2:
but i couldn't connect to torrentbytes anymore while the proxyserver settings are enabled...:stupid:

did you get a timeout then, or what?
on torrentbytes i gert an http error: Tracker status: http reply 404

please check if ultrasurf works on RevTT...:wink:
haven't tried it yet, but i don't know why it shouldn't work...:wink:
but i can give it a try with ultrasurf if you want.:top:

anon
21.07.08, 21:31
on torrentbytes i gert an http error: Tracker status: http reply 404

yep, sounds like an error with the proxy app... maybe the server you were connected to was having problems or blocked TB.

haven't tried it yet, but i don't know why it shouldn't work...:wink:
but i can give it a try with ultrasurf if you want.:top:

please :smile: then when updating the working tracker list i can specify it doesn't work with freegate and/or you can only use this method with the Ultrasurf program... :top:

(i think DNS resolution is done proxy-side, but just in case run ipconfig /flushdns ... :wink:)

vDD+wR
23.07.08, 12:55
please check if ultrasurf works on RevTT...:wink:

not that you think i forgot you.. :wink:
hope you understand that i just hadn't the time for checking, but today (in the evening, i think) i will post the go or no-go. :smile:

greetz vdd

anon
23.07.08, 18:34
not that you think i forgot you.. :wink:
hope you understand that i just hadn't the time for checking, but today (in the evening, i think) i will post the go or no-go. :smile:

it's ok, no pressure :biggrin:

vDD+wR
23.07.08, 22:03
as i promised i'm giving my sum towards ultrasurf+ possible trackers

as far as i can say it works as well as freegate which i used first.
the only unusual thing, i experienced, was, that after a file reached the seeding status, i got an error..
tracker status: unable to connect... (to torrentbytes, i forgot to mention:rolleyes2:)
but after a few seconds the error disappeared and everything was ok again.
so here my sum up:

seeding:
quorks :top:
torrentbytes :top:
revtt :top:

leeching:

couldn't be better i think... :wink:

if you need more information, dont hesitate to ask :smile:

anon
23.07.08, 22:09
the only unusual thing, i experienced, was, that after a file reached the seeding status, i got an error..
tracker status: unable to connect... (to torrentbytes, i forgot to mention:rolleyes2:)
but after a few seconds the error disappeared and everything was ok again.

mhm a one-time error ^^ the proxy servers are under constant load, and your request got kinda "lost" i think :tongue:

seeding:

leeching:

couldn't be better i think... :wink:

that's right :biggrin: thanks for your report :wink:

if you need more information, dont hesitate to ask :smile:

:top:

vDD+wR
24.07.08, 15:34
hey,

tried the proxy issue with theplace.bz and with freegate i got an
HTTP error 503 (can't even check in on the page when the proxy is turned on in opera...)
and with ultrasurf i have some problems with connecting...(it doesn't find any servers. don't know why...:confused2:)
i will check it later, and edit my post.
:wink:

anon
24.07.08, 19:57
thanks for reporting. :top:

i don't know what may be going on... are you trying it in the same computer from the other tests? freegate not letting you browse in opera and Ultrasurf not being able to locate servers at all suggest some kind of issue with your connection/ISP :confused2: HTTP 503 is Service Unavailable btw

vDD+wR
25.07.08, 15:53
hey there on nice friday, :cool2:

i think i have to sort my last post, cause you mixed it up a bit... :wink:
when the proxyserver was enabled the only site i couldn't reach was theplace, neither via webrowser nor via utorrent (thats where i got the 503 errror btw)
but why i couldnt connect to any proxys via usurf i can't say, because today it works first class. :top:

computer magic a friend used to say... :biggrin:

tried it a few mintes ago again, and everything's fine: i can connect to tp via opera, and seeding/leeching is working too... so maybe laptop had a bad day yesterday... :rolleyes2:

vDD+wR
25.07.08, 15:54
hmm.. one error and now two posts... :confused2: :frown:
i'm sry for that.

anon
25.07.08, 15:59
so everything's alright now? :smile:

computer magic a friend used to say... :biggrin:

tried it a few mintes ago again, and everything's fine: i can connect to tp via opera, and seeding/leeching is working too... so maybe laptop had a bad day yesterday... :rolleyes2:

every computer is a world, i'd say... :biggrin:

vDD+wR
03.08.08, 11:04
ah damn,
if i could have catched the sign-up period of bitme.tv, i could have tested another one, since my last testing was a bout a week ago or so.. :wink:

anon
03.08.08, 18:14
Too bad :frown: I didn't get a bitmetv account either... :/

Maybe someone who did or has one can test this method for us? :biggrin:

vDD+wR
03.08.08, 20:21
Maybe someone who did or has one can test this method for us? :biggrin:
yeah would be cool :cool2:
but we would still need one where could use this information.. :wink:

anon
08.08.08, 00:15
UltraSurf v9 is out! Only change I have seen is a new checkbox in "Options", but I'm sure there's more under the hood, remember we're switching from v8 to v9 :biggrin:

The tutorial has been updated to reflect this and some other changes. Thank you all :top:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:02
i ran out of good trackers :wink:
or else i would still post from time to time... :rolleyes2:

anon
23.08.08, 19:08
It's OK ^^
And time for me to try it in more of the trackers I'm in :top:
Thanks for all your help vDD :top:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:31
if you get any other great ideas on improving or securing things in the bit-

torrent world just let me know, and i will try to help you in working out the

tuts. :wink::wink:

anon
23.09.08, 00:52
A completely new version of the tutorial is up. You'll notice its layout is much cleaner and easier to follow. I also acknowledge the existance of newer proxy app versions :biggrin:, and have also removed all GTunnel info from the main post - after testing it in some other trackers, it just didn't seem to work at any of them anymore. :frown:
But a "dump" of all the GT info is here, just in case you want to see it... so we could say I have just soft-deleted it. :smile:

GTUNNEL INFO POST

* GTunnel (http://gardennetworks.com/download/GTunnel.zip)

gtunnel uses port 8081

---> if you chose to use gtunnel:

* open it and wait until it connects to a server ("Connection State | Connected" message on the Status tab). you may need to

go to Options -> IE Launching, click Set global proxy, open IE and load a page before seeing the "Connected" message.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/hitman-albums-forum-bilder-picture205-gtunnelcd6.gif

* open the uTorrent copy you made in steps 2 & 3
* go to Options -> Preferences -> Network and set up the Proxy Server configuration like this:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/hitman-albums-forum-bilder-picture209-utututnq6.gif
(i.e. HTTP -not HTTPS!- type, host = localhost, port 8081 -see step 7- and no authentication)

* press OK

FAQ

Q: After starting the proxy application, some apps don't work correctly, or at all (MSN, etc.) How can I fix this?

A:
For GTunnel:
Go to "Options" -> "IE Launching" and click "Clear".

Q: i don't want my browser to be launched along the proxy application
A:
for gtunnel: gT should only launch your browser if you have told it to do so... options -> misc. -> "open default......."

Q: I'm getting "connection timed out", or the announces are very slow
A: choose another server. ...for gtunnel click the server 2 or server 3 buttons.

AZUREUS SETTINGS

if you chose to use gtunnel:

* open it, etc...
* open azureus
* go to Tools -> Options -> Connection (left panel) -> Proxy Options and set up the Tracker Communications configuration like this:
http://i38.tinypic.com/28vvjwp.gif
(i.e. host = localhost, port 8081 -see step 7-, no username, no password)
* press Save and restart azureus

anon
23.09.08, 23:16
Let's continue here...

okay i did everything as it says, and the proxy was: localhost 8580 on HTTP in utorrent.. in the utorrent it seems to work but when i put the settings on RM [same thing, localhost, 8580, HTTP] i get this in the log:

Failed connection attempt: 1
[12:08:58] Exception: Once the socket has been disconnected, you can only reconnect again asynchronously, and only to a different EndPoint. BeginConnect must be called on a thread that won't exit until the operation has been completed.; Type: System.InvalidOperationException
[12:08:58] Failed connection attempt: 2
[12:08:58] Exception: Once the socket has been disconnected, you can only reconnect again asynchronously, and only to a different EndPoint. BeginConnect must be called on a thread that won't exit until the operation has been completed.; Type: System.InvalidOperationException
[12:08:58] Failed connection attempt: 3
[12:08:58] Failed connection attempt: 4

any idea about what to do?

Try using Ultrasurf instead. If that doesn't work, reinstall the .NET Framework.

TheOneDen
23.09.08, 23:20
ok i will try and soon return with result's =]

edit: okay tried with UltraSurf, same result, tried reinstalling .NET, still the same thing. i tried UltraSurf with FF and i can surf iPlay website nicely and quickly i tried UltraSurf with Utorrent and i can download torrents from iPlay like im not even banned, but when i use it with RM i cant get it to work =-= anymore ideas anon? maybe even spoofing ratio with a different program which can use proxy?

anon
24.09.08, 00:11
Sorry for the delay :(

Yes, you could try the RatioFaker or RatioBlaster, then. I've just checked this and I get the same error with both Ultrasurf and Freegate :redface:
If you have enough resources, using the Azureus Hack along this tutorial could also be a viable option, but it can't fake download.

TheOneDen
24.09.08, 00:46
well.. both ratio blaster and ratio faker does not seem to work, same error i believe.. about the Azureus hack, mind explaining me how to use it? im kinda clueless about it :P

anon
24.09.08, 00:53
Too bad. :frown:

Here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/tutorial-about-shu-mod-all-settings-explained-452/)'s how to set-up the Azureus hack to fake upload, and here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/31641-post19.html)'s how to use this proxy method along it.

TheOneDen
24.09.08, 01:55
thank you so much anon =] works perfectly! the program is still a bit confusing but i think that im starting to get the hang of it :D once again, thank you for your help anon :D

edit: just one last question, do you know how can i tell the program to stop spoofing after a chosen amount of upload? i mean if i downloaded 500 MB and i wanna tell it to stop spoofing after i uploaded 700 MB how do i do that? :P i didn't really get all of this up:dn thingy :S

anon
24.09.08, 15:39
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3134

Notice the "Stop faking when the..." checkbox, and the values you can set below. It'll stop faking upload when the ratio reaches an amount between those two numbers, in the pic, 0.8 and 1.0.

TheOneDen
24.09.08, 16:22
thanks anon!!! you've helped me greatly! now i can spoof some ratio on iPlay :biggrin: again, thank you =]

kfir
09.10.08, 19:57
hello guys,im a new here :smile:

i just follow that thread :

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=4279

but im still getting the same error when im trying signup to Torrentbytes:

You are either behind proxy or using ISP which is not qualified to use TorrentBytes.

any idea to solve that prob?
TY.

anon
09.10.08, 20:08
I have moved your post, since if you followed this thread, you should post at this thread. :wink:

What proxy app are you using? (Ultrasurf or Freegate)

kfir
09.10.08, 20:11
ok :smile:

i use Ultrasurf..

anon
09.10.08, 20:48
I see, have the same issue too. While you're not able to signup at TB using the proxy apps, you can still announce through them correctly, which is the point of this tutorial.

Any of the 100+ web proxies Aurion has posted (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f71/0day-proxies-260-new-proxies-updated-regularly-3850/) should work for registering.

CoreCore
15.10.08, 18:35
Hey anon, just wondering if its possible to get TOR to work with Vuze? Been trying to set it up but getting invalid response 514 from tracker.

Thanks bud

anon
15.10.08, 21:49
Hey CoreCore! How are you doing? :smile:

Yes, it's possible. Here (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/doc/AnonBT/Tor/howto_0.5.htm)'s the official procedure to do it.

What tracker(s) have you been having that problem with? A lot block Tor IPs, and it's relatively easy to check if an address belongs to the network.

Remember not to tunnel peer-to-peer traffic through Tor (just tracker announces), as it's severely frowned upon, and will be banned in the future if such usage continues. :wink:

CoreCore
15.10.08, 22:57
i'm doing good, thing have been crazy with the move and my job with the defense department fell through. They did not get the funding they needed for it. Oh well, got to find an other job...

and thanks for the link very help full

Renk
05.11.08, 00:50
Thank you Anon for your very usefull tutorial. I have a question about an alternative way to achieve "semi anonymity" with vuze: In proxy setting, I tick "enable proxying communication with the tracker", "I have a sock proxy", with localhost and port 9050. Then, I close vuze, run Tor (e.g. with vidalia) , and run vuze. So, I think benefit of a "tor powered semi anonymity" (without hurting tor net, because the communications with the tracker are small). I use this method when I am on some private tracker with passkey. What do you think about ?

anon
05.11.08, 18:18
It should be OK, just make sure the announces are really going through Tor by using the same settings in your browser and visiting CMyIP (http://www.cmyip.com/).

But bear in mind it's easy to detect if an IP belongs to Tor (https://www.dan.me.uk/torcheck?ip=)!

Se7Ven
08.11.08, 18:01
Hey anon ,

do you think the tool ultrasurf is better then Hide IP .....whats your opinion about it???

anon
08.11.08, 18:03
I'd say so, since the last time I tried Hide IP it wouldn't hide my IP at all. Ultrasurf, in turn, works really fast and also encrypts your HTTP traffic.

Grambo
17.11.08, 15:21
I tried to use Utorrent with Ultrasurf.
I get an error msg stating that the trackers don't accept the connection.

I'll switch to Freegate to see if that helps.

anon
17.11.08, 16:00
I tried to use Utorrent with Ultrasurf.
I get an error msg stating that the trackers don't accept the connection.

What error message, more specifically? If it's HTTP 403, it can mean the proxy app's IP address is banned at the tracker, or that you picked HTTPS type instead of HTTP, for example.

Grambo
17.11.08, 22:27
What error message, more specifically? If it's HTTP 403, it can mean the proxy app's IP address is banned at the tracker, or that you picked HTTPS type instead of HTTP, for example.

The msg is: proxy connect error. Can't connect because target refused connection.

It says something like that. The msg is not in english.

Freegate give same msg.

anon
17.11.08, 23:26
The msg is: proxy connect error. Can't connect because target refused connection.

Looks a bit like "can not connect to host: no connection could be made because the target machine actively denied it" to me. Have you made sure the proxy settings (host, port, type) in your torrent client are the correct ones?

Grambo
18.11.08, 01:11
Looks a bit like "can not connect to host: no connection could be made because the target machine actively denied it" to me. Have you made sure the proxy settings (host, port, type) in your torrent client are the correct ones?

Yes, they should be: HTTP, localhost, 9666 for US
HTTP, localhost, 8580, for FG

anon
18.11.08, 13:45
Which tracker(s) have you tried it on? Also, make sure you're allowing the application network access in your firewall.

Renk
18.11.08, 16:49
A question for paranoiacs::eek13:

What about if I use ultrasurf and a VPN at the same time ? Does ultrasurf proxy (or server) see my real IP, or my VPN IP ? And is my VPN provider able to read the data flow from Ultrasurf's proxy (in other terms, is dataflow from ultrasur's server "ultrasurf encrypted" and unreadable for my VPN provider ?)

Perhaps will I try a combo Utraitor (stealth mode) + VPN + ultrasurf :cool:

anon
18.11.08, 17:08
A question for paranoiacs::eek13:

What about if I use ultrasurf and a VPN at the same time ? Does ultrasurf proxy (or server) see my real IP, or my VPN IP ? And is my VPN provider able to read the data flow from Ultrasurf's proxy (in other terms, is dataflow from ultrasur's server "ultrasurf(encrypted" and unreadable for my VPN provider ?)

Ultrasurf will see your VPN IP. And yes, all traffic between the Ultrasurf server and you travels encrypted and is unreadable for your VPN provider.

Perhaps will I try a combo Utraitor (stealth mode) + VPN + ultrasurf :cool:

Make sure the stealth mod works at the tracker you're trying it on :wink:

Also, don't you want to also tunnel Ultrasurf behind Freegate, and FG behind Tor, to be even more anonymous? :biggrin: (it's possible :tongue:)

Renk
18.11.08, 18:15
Ultrasurf will see your VPN IP. And yes, all traffic between the Ultrasurf server and you travels encrypted and is unreadable for your VPN provider.

Seems really promising... :smile:

And my ISP only see an "onion encrypted" (VPN + Ultrasurf) traffic between me and my VPN provider, right ?

Also, don't you want to also tunel Ultrasurf behind Freegate, and FG behind Tor, to be even more anonymous? :biggrin: (it's possible :tongue:)

Yes, but only on https tracker :tongue:

When I will have time enough, I will try what you suggest here (but perhaps have I to buy some aspirin before :rolleyes: ).

anon
18.11.08, 18:21
Seems really promising... :smile:

And my ISP only see an "onion encrypted" (VPN + Ultrasurf) traffic between me and my VPN provider, right ?

Correct - since Ultrasurf encrypts everything that goes to its server, and the VPN service all your network traffic in general, that's all your ISP will see.

Yes, but only on https tracker :tongue:

When I will have time enough, I will try what you suggest here (but perhaps have I to buy some aspirin before :rolleyes: ).

I like your attitude :top:

Grambo
19.11.08, 02:29
Sorry about the delay, but I had big problems logging in tonight and yday evening.

Which tracker(s) have you tried it on? Also, make sure you're allowing the application network access in your firewall.

The trackers are all public. I have problems finding s private with anything i want.
Ut works fine otherwise. Both LPD and DHT works just fine with proxys.
The trackers work without proxy.

Ultrasurf is working with Ut.:klatsch_3:

I had to do something a little different than your tut: replacing Localhost with 127.0.0.1.

Anon: thanks for all your answers Both here and elsewhere. :top: I know I have asked a lot of questions.

anon
19.11.08, 16:14
The trackers are all public. I have problems finding s private with anything i want.
Ut works fine otherwise. Both LPD and DHT works just fine with proxys.
The trackers work without proxy.

Ultrasurf is working with Ut.:klatsch_3:

I had to do something a little different than your tut: replacing Localhost with 127.0.0.1.

Yes, I can't believe how I didn't mention this in my original post... When you have more than one network protocol installed (for example, IPv4 and IPv6), localhost can resolve to something different depending on which protocol "catches" the request first, I've heard. Setting the proxy's IP to 127.0.0.1 you make sure it's always the IPv4 protocol that does so.

I'll add this detail to the next tutorial update, thank you. :top:

Grambo
20.11.08, 14:17
Glad I could be any help.:smile:

Emule does not work with any of the two.
The replacement don't work. When trying HTTTP I get "Internet connection down".
SOCkS give the msg "could not connect".

anon
20.11.08, 15:03
These proxy apps only work for HTTP stuff, like tracker announces or eMule server.met downloads. You can't tunnel your P2P traffic through them.

Grambo
21.11.08, 05:02
Then Emule servers should work.

anon
21.11.08, 11:24
I said server.met downloads, not server connections. :wink:

Anyway, can you post your eMule's current proxy settings?

Grambo
21.11.08, 12:54
Sorry, my bad:redface:

Normally I don't use proxy with Emule.
I do get it to somewhat work. But then i get FWed
That's when using socks.

anon
21.11.08, 13:41
I do get it to somewhat work. But then i get FWed
That's when using socks.

Yes, that's why when using a SOCKS proxy, other peers won't see but the proxy server's IP, and not yours. And since the proxy isn't running eMule it won't receive any incoming connections for you and you'll be NATed...

Renk
22.11.08, 22:14
Yes, that's why when using a SOCKS proxy, other peers won't see but the proxy server's IP, and not yours. And since the proxy isn't running eMule it won't receive any incoming connections for you and you'll be NATed...

Hi anon,

I understand only an half of your explanation. Because when I use a vpn, I always get highID with emule, although vpn server isn't running emule too. So why what's possible with vpn seems not possible with socks proxies ??

anon
23.11.08, 23:38
So why what's possible with vpn seems not possible with socks proxies ??

SOCKS proxies don't forward ports for you, VPN gives you an IP that does.

Renji-Kun
30.12.08, 12:24
i'm having some troubles with the proxy i'm using azureus and freegate
i set everything fine just as u said but i got a message
connection error(IOexeption:server returned HTTP response code 403 ...)

also i note that sometimes i got disconnected from freegate servers with no reason
thanks in advance

anon
30.12.08, 16:39
Moved to the semi-anonymous torrenting tutorial thread. :wink:

What FG version are you using? 6.75 or 6.77? Also, have you tried Ultrasurf? Because of the issues that have been reported with these two tools, I'm planning to add instructions on how to use JAP, and possibly Tor, to the tutorial...

Renji-Kun
30.12.08, 19:35
no prob u just doing the best for the site to keep the house clean
thanks for that i just post there because someone behind me post about proxy

i've tried US as well as FG but i note that both get the same server in palo alto and after read all your answers to another guys here i assume that maybe they block those IPS
i don't know i'm trying to do everything but i can't report my ratio properly to the tracker

btw the version is 6.7.9

could u please help me, i'm almost crazy right now hehehehe
BIG thanks anon for your time

anon
30.12.08, 19:40
i've tried US as well as FG but i note that both get the same server in palo alto and after read all your answers to another guys here i assume that maybe they block those IPS
i don't know i'm trying to do everything but i can't report my ratio properly to the tracker

Have you tried switching servers (i.e. ServerB, C, D... F)? Some of FG's servers are also in Canada.
If that doesn't work, I'll get on writing a way to make this method work with JAP soon...

Renji-Kun
30.12.08, 19:48
yeah i tried, also i tried switch between servers in US
what is JAP could u explain?(sorry i don't know what it means)

anon
30.12.08, 19:52
what is JAP could u explain?(sorry i don't know what it means)

JAP is a Java application that also works as a local proxy (like US and FG), but puts you behind a server chain, and seems to be much more stable than the proxy apps I've documented here (i.e. no disconnections or 403 errors). This is why I want to get on writing the procedure to announce behind it as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

This (http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html) is its homepage.

Renji-Kun
30.12.08, 19:57
thanks anon i guess i will have to wait because my energys are empity for the FG and US
but i'm very grateful for your help

thanks for your time i really appreciate and i'm waiting for your JAP tut anxiously :tongue:
take care dude have a great new year if we don't talk till there

spamalot
04.01.09, 01:40
@ronrar: if these proxies' IPs aren't also banned, you can use this method (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-use-proxy-apps-semi-anonymous-torrenting-eta-4279/) to browse and download from trackers. But connection to them is often not stable, and is lost after some time - this is why I intend to add JAP to that tutorial soon, a proxy chain program that seems to work fine.

@Großmutter: they don't have scripts against mRatio itself - I have been constantly using it since their WTF Leech started, and I'm not banned.

Thanks for the help anon

I tried it but there was a problem

I downloaded ultrasurf and followed all the instructions for that.

The problem is i can access the homepage of the site i was banned from but when i enter my username and password, I get the page saying "Internet exporer cannot display the webpage"

I tried it on some other sites and i could log in fine. Just not on the one i was banned from :frown:

I have checked using a proxy site and there is no problem with the site and my account and password still work fine.

I dont know what i can do :confused:

anon
04.01.09, 17:14

The problem is i can access the homepage of the site i was banned from but when i enter my username and password, I get the page saying "Internet exporer cannot display the webpage"

I tried it on some other sites and i could log in fine. Just not on the one i was banned from :frown:

Try using Freegate instead. The problem you mention sounds a lot like the way some TBdev trackers "ban" IPs - only by preventing them from logging in, but not from accessing the site.

spamalot
05.01.09, 22:09

Try using Freegate instead. The problem you mention sounds a lot like the way some TBdev trackers "ban" IPs - only by preventing them from logging in, but not from accessing the site.

I tried Freegate but that didnt work either.

I followed the instructions but the proxy would not connect using the F3 tunnel.
It connected through the F2 tunnel but i was redirected to this page

Shareware version Freegate | Dynamic Internet Technology (http://www.dit-inc.us/swprompt.php)

Shareware version Freegate
Thank you for using DynaWeb, the gateway to uncensored Internet.

"Starting from Januarary 1, 2009, we only provide fee based or limit services to users not from China. Users fron China will still be able to use DynaWeb free of charge. For non-China users, we will release shareware version of Freegate soon. There are also free softwares that help users to gain anonomity like Tor. These softwares may help to achieve your purpose as well. Various entities expressed their interests in paying for group license for certain countries. You may check back for opportunities like this. Wish you a wonderful and uncensored day"

This basically says that the free program no longer works for people outside China :frown:

Bad luck it seems. I don`t know what else i can do :confused:

anon
05.01.09, 23:45
I tried Freegate but that didnt work either.

I followed the instructions but the proxy would not connect using the F3 tunnel.
It connected through the F2 tunnel but i was redirected to this page

Shareware version Freegate | Dynamic Internet Technology (http://www.dit-inc.us/swprompt.php)

Shareware version Freegate
Thank you for using DynaWeb, the gateway to uncensored Internet.

"Starting from Januarary 1, 2009, we only provide fee based or limit services to users not from China. <removed>..."

This basically says that the free program no longer works for people outside China :frown:

Thanks for your post! Had no idea about Freegate going shareware for users outside China... which renders it mostly useless for the purposes of this tutorial. Will have to dump all FG info from the main post to an info one, like I did with GT.

Bad luck it seems. I don`t know what else i can do :confused:

I have just started the process of adding JAP to the tutorial. :top:

hackvish
12.01.09, 18:14
The guide looks so simple.I wonder whether it is completely anonymous???

anon
12.01.09, 18:16
It isn't, that's why it's called semi-anonymous torrenting. Only tracker communication is proxified.

spamalot
16.01.09, 21:27
I downloaded Jap and configured it so now it is working :biggrin:

Although there is something else

I usually use Greedytorrent but now with utorrent this way i am unable

Im not sure if it is possible to still use greedytorrent this way. I tried but have not been able to get it to work by changing the listening port.

Is it possible to configure things so that Greedytorrent can still work with the current setup?

If not i can still use Utraitor pack anyway

anon
16.01.09, 21:41
I downloaded Jap and configured it so now it is working :biggrin:

Good to hear :wink: Just make sure you have automatic Mix cascade changing (Config -> Anonymity -> Services -> Advanced settings) disabled, or else the tracker staff may ask you why your IP changes all the time.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, so had to delay the JAP tutorial...

Although there is something else

I usually use Greedytorrent but now with utorrent this way i am unable

Im not sure if it is possible to still use greedytorrent this way. I tried but have not been able to get it to work by changing the listening port.

Is it possible to configure things so that Greedytorrent can still work with the current setup?

If not i can still use Utraitor pack anyway

Not normally. But you could use Proxifier (http://www.proxifier.com/) to set-up a whitelist rule for GT, and therefore tunnel the latter's traffic through JAP. Things would be like this:

uTorrent <------> GreedyTorrent <---(Proxifier)---> JAP <------> Tracker(s)

GSP
17.01.09, 04:38
wow! this is an excellent thread for freegate and ultrasurf. But i have a question to anon, why is it everytime i restart my pc (after using freegate or ultrasurf) it freezes my IE. (I cannot surf the internet)?

The only solution is to system restore my pc on a earlier time (before freegate was installed).

thanks in advance.

anon
17.01.09, 17:50
Yes, it's growing every time more thanks to user feedback. :quote3:

Regarding your IE problem, check if it persists after running the registry file inside the attached ZIP before restarting. These are its contents:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionInternet Settings]
"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000000
"ProxyHttp1.1"=dword:00000001
"ProxyOverride"="<local>"
"ProxyServer"=-

thedude
28.01.09, 23:37
hI /// would like to ask if we could route trhoug the Lan others pcs or macs with utorrent or any torrent soft to the ultraSurf proxy // if so... how could i call the proxy from the others comps..

thks in advance . C A

anon
28.01.09, 23:40
would like to ask if we could route trhoug the Lan others pcs or macs with utorrent or any torrent soft to the ultraSurf proxy // if so... how could i call the proxy from the others comps..

If Ultrasurf doesn't restrict access to non-localhost addresses, telling other PCs to tunnel traffic through <your LAN ip>:9666 should be enough. For example:

Proxy type: HTTP
Host: 192.168.1.101 (replace with yours)
Port: 9666

thedude
29.01.09, 00:38
WOW thanks 4 ur fast answer

//but

got this when i open azureus in the other pc //

Warning

HTTP proxy http=192.1xx.xxx:9666
https=192.xxx.xxx.xxx:9666 check failed: Connect failed,
Connection refused: no further information

/// nd also from utorrent doesnt work

any help its really apreciated../// much thks

anon
29.01.09, 00:42
got this when i open azureus in the other pc //

Warning

HTTP proxy http=192.1xx.xxx:9666
https=192.xxx.xxx.xxx:9666 check failed: Connect failed,
Connection refused: no further information

If a software firewall is running on the 192.1xx.xxx.xxx machine, tell it to allow incoming connections to port 9666.

Also, make sure you've chosen the HTTP proxy type and not HTTPS.

thedude
29.01.09, 01:15
nope// firewall in all pcs its deactivated // i just tried with proxy from analogx and it worked but just after closing ultrasurf and deactivating proxies in IEs option ..// when i call proxy=analogx from the other pcs with Ultrasurf open // proxy says it doesnt support loopback.

i guess that if i use proxy it wont give me any anonymus connection // ill be trying with freegate and tell u my results/ nd could you tell me if there's any way to acomplish this with maybe other tools

thks much

anon
29.01.09, 01:19
nope// firewall in all pcs its deactivated // i just tried with proxy from analogx and it worked but just after closing ultrasurf and deactivating proxies in IEs option ..// when i call proxy=analogx from the other pcs with Ultrasurf open // proxy says it doesnt support loopback.

Then I guess Ultrasurf rejects non-localhost connections for security reasons. There's nothing you can do about this...

i guess that if i use proxy it wont give me any anonymus connection // ill be trying with freegate and tell u my results/ nd could you tell me if there's any way to acomplish this with maybe other tools

Freegate has become shareware, and therefore non-functional for users outside of China.

You can try JAP (http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html) - it requires installation and the Java Runtime Environment, but its server connection is more stable and you can choose if you want to "block non-local connections" - disable that. :smile:

dongwonlee
02.02.09, 10:20
is ultrasurf v. 9.2 infected with a virus?
is this a false positive or what? Ahnlab v3 virus caught it Win-Trojan/Xema.variant
greatly appreciated if this can be cleared.

anon
02.02.09, 15:46
It's a false positive - its EXE is packed to reduce the filesize, allowing for a faster download. I didn't do this - that's how it comes from the official site.

dongwonlee
02.02.09, 17:12
works on
All4Nothin (http://all4nothin.net/)

anon
03.02.09, 23:09
@Everyone: I have been using Ultrasurf 9.2 all day today due to an ISP issue, and haven't had any disconnections/errors at all.

Has its server connection improved for you, too? It'd be interesting to know this.

spamalot
05.02.09, 22:01
@Everyone: I have been using Ultrasurf 9.2 all day today due to an ISP issue, and haven't had any disconnections/errors at all.

Has its server connection improved for you, too? It'd be interesting to know this.

I tried it out again and it is working fine for me. When i tried it before i believe it didnt work very well. They seem to have improved the connection.

Good alternative when the Jap server i was using is down, like for the last few days.

Thanks anon

anon
05.02.09, 22:05
Thanks for your test. :top:

I tried it out again and it is working fine for me. When i tried it before i believe it didnt work very well. They seem to have improved the connection.

I thought so. The ISP "issue" that had been preventing me from browsing SB-I (perhaps my provider saw that 1TB of international bandwidth was being leaked every month because of me and blocked the board lol :biggrin:) was solved today, but up to yesterday I had to use Ultrasurf, and its connectivity was a lot better than in the past - where it'd lose it every 15-20 minutes.

ANANTHAKUDIL
28.02.09, 11:54
Dear sir,

Thanx for the guidance provided.Ihad followed the steps mentioned to setup ultrasurf with utorrent.But still i cannot download.DHT : waiting for login??

I am using a proxy setting in ultrasurf to bypass my office forced proxy server.

Pls suggest me how to setup my utorrent to work with ultrasurf.

Thanks in advance.

anon
28.02.09, 16:41
Ihad followed the steps mentioned to setup ultrasurf with utorrent.But still i cannot download.DHT : waiting for login??

So you directly can't download anything? Or it's just that the DHT status is stuck on "waiting to log in" forever?

I am using a proxy setting in ultrasurf to bypass my office forced proxy server.

Like this?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2503/officeproxy.gif

ANANTHAKUDIL
02.03.09, 10:08
Dear sir,
u r correct.I am getting thru the same settings as u given .

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0615/UTORRENT.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0615/UTORRENT)

This is how the u torrent responds.

Terminator
02.03.09, 15:10
certain countries are banned by some trackers..like scc, sct etc
can through ultasurf, its safe to browse these sites or any other safe programme.?
and are there any setting necessary as far ad utorrent is concerned.?

anon
02.03.09, 16:11
Dear sir,
u r correct.I am getting thru the same settings as u given .

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0615/UTORRENT.jpg

Yes, your settings are fine. You could try replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1... now, if your office's proxy is only letting you access certain hosts or ports, there's nothing you can do, since this method only anonymizes tracker announces. :frown:

certain countries are banned by some trackers..like scc, sct etc
can through ultasurf, its safe to browse these sites or any other safe programme.?

It depends. If the tracker doesn't allow proxies (check their FAQ and Rules), and you're caught using one, your account could be instantly banned. You should always check, or ask, whether the tracker you want to use this method on allows using proxies - since, with good reasons, admins have to care about their security, and using a proxy means you have something to hide. (In this case, your real country, I presume)

and are there any setting necessary as far ad utorrent is concerned.?

Only the ones mentioned in the first post.

Terminator
02.03.09, 18:51
if ips are not banned only country is banned, what that mean,? and in that scenario what you suggest, will it be safe to browse the site with original ip.

anon
02.03.09, 18:53
if ips are not banned only country is banned, what that mean,?

It means that nobody whose IP belongs to that country can access, signup, or be invited to the tracker.

and in that scenario what you suggest, will it be safe to browse the site with original ip.

You won't be able to do that, since the original IP can be traced to the banned country.

Terminator
02.03.09, 19:43
Anyway out..at least you re genius.

anon
02.03.09, 19:46
Anyway out..

As I said before, you can use a proxy to browse and announce to the tracker, but if the tracker doesn't allow them, you'll be taking a risk - for example, BitMeTV instantly bans any account that uses proxies/anonymizer services.

spamalot
09.03.09, 21:44
I have a minor issue

I finally managed to get connectable today at last. But if i use the proxy app i then go back to being not connectable.

So, Is it possible to use the proxy app and still be connectable? If so what would i need to do to make it this way?

thanks for any help

anon
09.03.09, 21:47
Yes, that happens sometimes, because the tracker will return the proxy's IP, and not yours, to others. While as long as you're really connectable the proxy app will not prevent "real" connections from being made to you, there's nothing you can do about this (without blowing your cover, that is).

cilalex
26.03.09, 17:23
First of all thank you for the tutorial. It's great.

Second: i'm using Ultrasurf (+IE to login to trackers) with SB-I Vuze Extreme Mode and set my proxy options to localhost:9666 and it seems to work fine.

But my question is: When i login to the tracker and my ip is 67.45.*.* will this ip be reported to the announce or not?

anon
26.03.09, 17:29
Edited!

Second: i'm using Ultrasurf (+IE to login to trackers) with SB-I Vuze Extreme Mode and set my proxy options to localhost:9666 and it seems to work fine.

But my question is: When i login to the tracker and my ip is 67.45.*.* will this ip be reported to the announce or not?

The tracker will see Ultrasurf's IP.

spamalot
26.03.09, 20:24
Seems like they have blocked Ultrasurf and Jap on the torrent site i was using.

I can't access it and my account got banned too. :stupid:

anon
26.03.09, 20:26
Sorry to hear that :frown:

It's one of the risks you take when using this method... trackers don't like proxies, specially if used to bypass bans or country restrictions, as in your case.

What tracker were you banned from?

spamalot
27.03.09, 12:23
Sorry to hear that :frown:

It's one of the risks you take when using this method... trackers don't like proxies, specially if used to bypass bans or country restrictions, as in your case.

What tracker were you banned from?

WBVA

It could have been worse, at least i got to download around 200gb before i got banned. :smile:

anon
27.03.09, 12:42
WBVA

If you mean World Boxing Video Archive, it's open (http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com/signup.php) right now. Perhaps you can reregister using a different, not banned mix chain in JAP.

cilalex
29.03.09, 18:12
The tracker will see Ultrasurf's IP.

And what about peers from wich i'm downloading using extreme mode + ultrasurf + no report? They will see my real ip, right?

anon
29.03.09, 22:03
Yes, they'll see your real IP.

leeter
31.03.09, 21:12
I'm using a SOCKS-5 proxy to connect out. Is this any safer because I can take all of my traffic through the proxy network? I have to box in utorrent checked to "use proxy for p2p connections." Should I continue to download like this, or use the HTTP method?

*edit* Also, is there any way to test and see if the proxy is completely hiding my IP from peers?

anon
31.03.09, 22:14
I'm using a SOCKS-5 proxy to connect out. Is this any safer because I can take all of my traffic through the proxy network? I have to box in utorrent checked to "use proxy for p2p connections." Should I continue to download like this, or use the HTTP method?

Using a SOCKS5 proxy to tunnel tracker and peer connections is even better than this method, because your real IP won't be shown at all.

*edit* Also, is there any way to test and see if the proxy is completely hiding my IP from peers?

You could have a friend attempt to leech a torrent with the tracker URLs removed and DHT and PEX disabled. Then start uTorrent, seed that same torrent, and go to the Peers tab -> right-click -> Add Peer, and add him (IP:port format). Your friend should see the proxy's IP uploading to him.

spamalot
02.04.09, 20:50
If you mean World Boxing Video Archive, it's open (http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com/signup.php) right now. Perhaps you can reregister using a different, not banned mix chain in JAP.

I tried and it didn't work unfortunately.

Tinkle
08.04.09, 20:10
hey anon i use proxy at scenehd
so in rder to boost my ratio if i use mratio will the peerlist show my proxy ip as my ip or will it show my actual ip which is banned
also if i seed using mratio more than 2 torrents at one site i use a real ip and at other proxy ip
hehhe will they both be shown as proxy if they do i will be in trouble since at some sites i dont wanna use proxy due to my good ratio and avoid chances of getting banned

anon
08.04.09, 20:13
hey anon i use proxy at scenehd
so in rder to boost my ratio if i use mratio will the peerlist show my proxy ip as my ip or will it show my actual ip which is banned

Your real IP will appear in others' peerlists.

also if i seed using mratio more than 2 torrents at one site i use a real ip and at other proxy ip
hehhe will they both be shown as proxy

The tracker will see your real IP, since mRatio can't announce from behind a proxy.

Mihai
09.05.09, 12:28
Seems to be working on torrentleech but i wanna test it on filelist.ro.Unfortunately they are down now ,don't know why but i'll try it later.

anon
09.05.09, 19:54
Seems to be working on torrentleech

With Ultrasurf? I thought TL was blocking its IPs...

Mihai
09.05.09, 20:04
Well it worked for me.I used it at a torrents for 10 minutes 'cause i can't use ratio faker and this proxy at the same time.

Unregistered
15.05.09, 00:42
Hi I am new hear and have a problem and wondering if someone could please help, I downloaded UltraSurf and followed all the instructions to set it up with bittorrent and also used my original connection settings. In bittorrent it says not connectable and is only downloading on average 17 kb/s and my download speed on things such as megaupload, rapidshare etc have decreased dramaticly (sorry for my spelling lol) from about 700 kb/s to 60 kb/s. Any reason why to this could be happening.

anon
15.05.09, 00:44
Remember you should only use it as an HTTP proxy in your BitTorrent client, i.e. not HTTPS or SOCKS.

If you use IE, Ultrasurf setting itself as a proxy server by default explains the OCH slow down. Go to Options, tick the "do not use IE" checkbox, close both, and restart Ultrasurf.

Unregistered
15.05.09, 01:00
Thanks !! I checked that box and my general download speed started to increase back up to what it was, but with bittorrent I have it as HTTP localhost 9666 and its still slow with the orange circle ( Not connectable you have to open up a port ) everything else like Max download rate, Global connections etc... are set accordinly. The reason I downloaded UltraSurf was because I could never get the connection to stay green, I port forwarded the ports correctly, created static ip tried numerous ports and a few times I got it green then it would turn orange again or tell me to use another listen port, turned my firewall off and I was told that most isp block ports. I am with Talktalk and they do it so I figured that this method would prevent this, do I still have to port forward my router, apply any other settings or am I completley wrong that this would fix my original problem.

anon
15.05.09, 01:02
No, this method won't help you bypass your ISP's port-blocking. :frown:

Only a VPN will. This is only to anonymize and encrypt tracker announces.

Unregistered
15.05.09, 01:08
Oh my god I am such an idiot !! lol I really should read up more on things. Allthough for some strange reason I closed ultrasurf and bittorrent opened them back up and now its downloading at 295 kb/s its never been that high oh well thanks for your help anyway Anon.

anon
15.05.09, 01:10
Heh, no problem. :smile:

Something I didn't mention in my other post: you could try the Original mod from my uTorrent 1.9 leecher pack, which supports UDP torrenting.

UDP is a connectionless protocol and can't be easily shaped, so this could alleviate your issue. :top:

Pingu
30.10.09, 06:40
Thanks for this really useful info anon, I have a quesiton tough. I have accounts at some trackers and i use them in my computer, i want to try to cheat in some sites but i don't want my ip to be involved in case i get banned, so the question is, can i surf the site and download the torrents using one of this programs? and then can i set up RM in the same way you used for utorrent so that it fakes through the proxy?

If not, is ther a way to do this?

anon
30.10.09, 13:31
can i surf the site and download the torrents using one of this programs?

Sure! That's what they were meant for. Announcing through them comes for free. :biggrin:

If you want to browse via Ultrasurf, set your browser's proxy to 127.0.0.1, port 9666. You can then go to CMyIP.com to check if everything went correctly - the proxy's US IP should be shown.

Pingu
30.10.09, 19:58
thx, great info! I think you may have missed a part of my question, do I have to use the same config to announce through RM instead of using uTorrent?

anon
30.10.09, 19:59
In the RM you'd set the proxy type to HTTP (not HTTP CONNECT), host 127.0.0.1, port 9666.

Pingu
30.10.09, 20:07
great! cheating in my computer, without comprimising ip or accounts, just too great xD

anon: you rock!

anon
30.10.09, 20:08
You'll still lose your account if you're caught cheating :tongue: Unless you were talking about "global" bans.

Pingu
30.10.09, 20:20
I would lose the cheating account, but not the other account at the site and not all my other accounts bacause of an IP ban

anon
30.10.09, 20:22
Global bans then :biggrin: Not all sites share info, but it's better to be safe. :smile:

Some block proxies, though.

kruk
31.10.09, 20:34
proxy works,

but speed sux as hell :D

ULTRASURF
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3030/spts.jpg

anon
31.10.09, 20:35
If you only use it for HTTP connections in uTorrent, you should still get full speed.

kruk
31.10.09, 20:56
If you only use it for HTTP connections in uTorrent, you should still get full speed.

i set it for HTTP like this:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3119

is it that what you talking about?

anon
31.10.09, 20:58
Yes. (Although it may be better if you change "localhost" to 127.0.0.1)

This way your transfer speeds won't be affected by the proxy's slowness.

spamalot
17.12.09, 01:41
These two proxies no longer work on the site I was using them for.

Are there any new or different proxies that I can use for the same purpose?

anon
17.12.09, 18:46
Well, Freegate is only freeware for Chinese users, and GTunnel doesn't work for announcing... did you try changing the mix chain in JAP?

spamalot
18.12.09, 03:43
Well, Freegate is only freeware for Chinese users, and GTunnel doesn't work for announcing... did you try changing the mix chain in JAP?

Yes

-------------

anon
18.12.09, 22:51
Then I guess your only hope is using an open HTTP proxy. You can find a list here:
Proxy Lists. Sorted by country. List #1 (http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-01.htm)

hoodevil
07.02.10, 20:30
ultrasurf isn`t working in scenepalace.org

SECURITY NOTICE
Somebody (probably you!) tried to login to you account but failed!.
Their IP ADDRESS was : xxxxxx (Dynamic-IP-xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx.xx)
If this wasn't you please report this event to a staff
- Thank you.

anon
07.02.10, 20:31
1. use the QUOTE tag,
2. try something else:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=18139

ciccio
22.02.10, 21:03
Can someone tell me if these two programs works with Torrents.ru, What.cd and BitMeTV?

I've been banned there more than 1 once. (Especially on Torrents.ru).

anon
22.02.10, 21:04
Well, I wouldn't use Ultrasurf on What and BitMeTV. Paperbus is newer and thus less known so far.

ciccio
22.02.10, 21:30
Therefore anon it's better don't use old programs like Ultrasurf and Freegate? Better use PaperBus?

anon
22.02.10, 21:30
Better use PaperBus?

Yes. Paperbus opens an ad page in your browser every now and then, but it's not a big deal.

ciccio
25.02.10, 14:19
Anon i've installed PaperBus but i've a problem, what's the port that use Paper Bus?

anon
25.02.10, 16:42

CoreCore
25.02.10, 19:19
very interesting news on Paperbus, I will have to check it out. But I think i'm good. I have a paid for VPN that I use for all my BT Traffic.

ciccio
26.02.10, 11:21

Thanks, where do you have found it?

anon
26.02.10, 17:12
Inside IE's proxy settings. By default it sets itself as the default proxy for IE and Chrome, you may want to disable that.

ciccio
15.03.10, 19:31
Anon i've installed PaperBus the there's always the write "Connecting To Servers".......

In my Firewall (NOD32) Paperbus is ok, i've unloacked also the port 3998 in my router but nothing.......

I've seen in the paper bus forum and other persons have the same problems too. (With the difference at that time there was the old version and these persons belong to Nations like Taiwan, China but not europe....)

Work with you?

anon
15.03.10, 19:32
Sometimes it takes a while for it to connect, but it works fine here. Make sure you're using 1.1.0b, that's the latest version at the time of this post.

ciccio
26.03.10, 19:43
Nothing anon, 8 Hours. Always "Connecting to the Server" :confused2:

At you anon, it's all right?

anon
26.03.10, 19:44
You let it run for 8 hours? :huh:

v1.1.1 is out, why don't you install that over what you're using now?

Edit: the new version connected right after installation, so I really recommend you try it out :tongue:

ciccio
29.03.10, 02:20
Anon i've installed the last version, infact now is ok, the program don't show always "connecting to the server" anymore. Therefore now it works.

The problem through the proxy the torrent from Rutracker.org (torrents.ru) don't work. It doesn't start. :(

Any ideas about it?

EDIT: I've seen if some Azureus versions were banned but nothing, the problem is just the proxy.

anon
29.03.10, 15:12
The problem through the proxy the torrent from Rutracker.org (torrents.ru) don't work. It doesn't start. :(

Any ideas about it?

This one will have to wait until 2PM, since apparently my school's new connection blocks the PaperBus servers as well.

ciccio
29.03.10, 18:08
This one will have to wait until 2PM, since apparently my school's new connection blocks the PaperBus servers as well.

Therefore now PapeBus doesn't work? :stupid:

When is possible to use PaperBus?

anon
29.03.10, 18:58
Dude, calm down, that's not what I said.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

RuTracker's homepage loads just fine here. Can't check their actual tracker, though. Are you getting HTTP 403 in uTorrent?

ciccio
29.03.10, 22:57
Dude, calm down, that's not what I said.

Sorry anon but what i've said of bad?

RuTracker's homepage loads just fine here. Can't check their actual tracker, though. Are you getting HTTP 403 in uTorrent?

No, i'm usin' Azureus Shu Mod, no HTTP problem, nothing, just the torrent don't start. That's all.

anon
29.03.10, 22:58
No, i'm usin' Azureus Shu Mod, no HTTP problem, nothing, just the torrent don't start. That's all.

So the "tracker status" is working? I really need to know this. If it is, check whether you've followed all steps correctly:

"enable proxying of tracker communications" must be ticked.
"I have a SOCKS proxy" must be unticked.
"enable proxying of peer communications" must be unticked.

ciccio
31.03.10, 21:30
So anon, the tracker status is ok.

"enable proxying of tracker communications" must be ticked.

Done.

"I have a SOCKS proxy" must be unticked.

Done.

"enable proxying of peer communications" must be unticked.

Done.

Then in the tab "host" i put localhost and in the tab "port", the port 3998 (already unlocked in the antivirus [nod32] and in the router seeting.

I've re-cheked and the torrents is ok, it has 12 seeders and 3 leechers therefore the problem is the proxy but i don't know what's the problem :(

Any ideas anon?

anon
31.03.10, 21:31
Then in the tab "host" i put localhost and in the tab "port", the port 3998 (already unlocked in the antivirus [nod32] and in the router seeting.

Use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

I'm sure it's a problem in your side because announcing to Rutracker through PaperBus works fine here. I can connect to peers and everything.

ciccio
03.04.10, 00:06
OK Kamie!!! Thanks! I've setted again NOD32 and now is ok.

But is normal at Paperbus that "Download" and "Uplaod" are always at 0.0 Kb/s?

Another question: Azureus shows me this error:

HTTP Proxy http=localhost:3998, https=localhost:3998 check failed: connect timeout

What's this??? :biggrin: (However also with this error, azureus works)

anon
03.04.10, 00:08
But is normal at Paperbus that "Download" and "Uplaod" are always at 0.0 Kb/s?

Activity only takes place during announcing, with an interval of typically 30-45 minutes.

Another question: Azureus shows me this error:

HTTP Proxy http=localhost:3998, https=localhost:3998 check failed: connect timeout

What's this??? :biggrin:

I think it should speak for itself. Azureus tried to connect to the proxy and it timed out. If you have "check proxy status on startup" ticked, it could very well have ignored the proxy settings. :dabs:

But if you can now download from RuTracker with your real IP being banned...

ciccio
03.04.10, 00:18
Activity only takes place during announcing, with an interval of typically 30-45 minutes.

I think it should speak for itself. Azureus tried to connect to the proxy and it timed out. If you have "check proxy status on startup" ticked, it could very well have ignored the proxy settings. :dabs:

Therefore i've to unticked "check proxy status on startup"?

But i'm behind a proxy now? Therefore my IP is changed?

P.S. Anon is possible start 2 or more Azureus? I want the 1st Azureus with the proxy (just RuTracker) and the 2nd Azureus with the other torrents.

anon
03.04.10, 00:20
Therefore i've to unticked "check proxy status on startup"?

You can do it if you want.

But i'm behind a proxy now? Therefore my IP is changed?

I couldn't really tell you, but I'd assume yes.

P.S. Anon is possible start 2 or more Azureus?

Yes. Search if you want to know how :rolleyes:

ciccio
03.04.10, 00:47
Yes. Search if you want to know how :rolleyes:

But in this forum?

anon
03.04.10, 00:48
Yes! :eek:

seldom
19.08.10, 01:10
Hey guys! I used to be a big fan of ultrasurf for some time until I read this (http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=237184&page=5) (pay attention to post #106) and other stuff. That made me think... Anyways, I believe there are people on this forum who understand security issues more than me. Just wanted to share this info, so, you could make your own decision.

anon
19.08.10, 01:13
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=10332 :gsmile:

seldom
19.08.10, 01:33
oh man! i missed that thread (should have done more search on the subject), and apologize for that! some much info on this site, it looks like one needs to do a lot of reading here before posting anything)

anon
19.08.10, 15:47
some much info on this site, it looks like one needs to do a lot of reading here before posting anything)

Well, searching before you post is never a bad idea. :gtongue:

kabster
06.04.11, 10:38
Hello everyone...anon :eek13:

Hehe it's been awhile, you sure thougt i left for good eh ... And sure enough , i got a pm regarding my absent hehe.. But you couldnt be further from the truth :wink2:

Now, me & myself like the idea to tighten some privacy settings especially in the p2p world.

So anon..ymity :tongue: i have setup and are using US1008 through vuze, but i still have a couple questions like:

1. Is there a easy way to check if the proxy adress iam using infact also will be seen as such by other user/peers/trackers ?
I know of the ip checking sites like jondo etc... but is that number you see there the only thing others (peers/trackers/users) will see ?
Is it possible to double check the proxy ip through vuze or cmd ?

2. Also, it seems when i close/exit Us vuze still up/dl at full speed ! That makes me question the functionality of us!? Is it realy doing wot it is suppose to do = anonymize app's?

Anon as usuall thanks & :top:

cheers

seldom
06.04.11, 13:52
1. Is there a easy way to check if the proxy adress iam using infact also will be seen as such by other user/peers/trackers ?
Have you tried this? Check VPN & Proxy Torrent Ip Address Bittorrent Service (http://checkmytorrentip.com/)

anon
06.04.11, 17:52

Check VPN & Proxy Torrent Ip Address Bittorrent Service (http://www.checkmytorrentip.com/)

2. Also, it seems when i close/exit Us vuze still up/dl at full speed !

Oh, that's because you didn't read the FAQ at the end of the first post. :gtongue:

kabster
06.04.11, 20:46
Have you tried this? Check VPN & Proxy Torrent Ip Address Bittorrent Service (http://checkmytorrentip.com/)

Now i have thank you :)... But err... i have done some read work and uhm.. i followed the instructions to the letter i.e generated torrent and all that but despite the many refreshments and it still doesnt detect my torrent !?

Does that mean that woud b even better ?

Now based upon wot i have read.. i have disabled some UpnP/nat/DHT features through both my vuze client and router using telnet !
Vuze now complains about beeing firewalled yet... i have nearly my full upload speed while using proxy none theless...

Oh, that's because you didn't read the FAQ at the end of the first post. :gtongue:

I dont get it anon .. sorry ! I have read the faq but... i havent read anything related to my faq regarding the full speed !

I guess, once connected using proxy it doesnt matter wot happends to the app US as long the torrent its connection doesnt drop/disconnects and reconnect i asume (in light of security/privacy measures i mean)... right?

Take care
cheerYouUp
in the pinnup club

anon
06.04.11, 22:11
Now i have thank you :)... But err... i have done some read work and uhm.. i followed the instructions to the letter i.e generated torrent and all that but despite the many refreshments and it still doesnt detect my torrent !?

Does that mean that woud b even better ?

It means something's wrong :gtongue:

Although if your client has managed to hit the CMTI tracker, refreshing the page should show the IP it (and every other tracker) sees.

I dont get it anon .. sorry ! I have read the faq but... i havent read anything related to my faq regarding the full speed !

This is the part you're looking for:

Q: Why is this "semi-anonymous"?
A: Because your tracker announces will be tunneled through the proxy, but peer communication, and therefore the actual file sharing, won't. If you need to be really anonymous, buy a VPN service or a seedbox.

kabster
07.04.11, 01:52
Well anon, at first the everything owrked alright detection ip worked but...

Ive read its wise to disable UpNp / udp protocols / DHT .. etc .. so i did that.. and since then it couldnt detect my torrent... Now isnt that a good thing realy, inst that the main goal ?

In any rate, i thought now it couldnt detect anything i wos on the right track one step closer to anonymize vuze !!

Now you say, free proxy = semi anonymous = true ip will ONLY stay hidden for tracker announces but not for peers / other downloaders!!

You actually absolutely sure of that?
That despite of using Elite proxy + disabling/unticking other potential leaks throug vuze & router other peers/downloaders (anyone that is connected to me through vuze) will and can SEE me just as simple as checking the peerlist in the torrent client to spot me !?!

THAT EASY , despite of all the efforts ?

Any other tips / links to fine tune vuze for maximum security yet maintain close as full speed please ?

As usuall thanks anon .

Iam glad you are still around :thumbsup:

Instab
07.04.11, 01:56
Now you say, free proxy = semi anonymous = trü ip will ONLY stay hidden for tracker announces but not for peers / other downloaders!!

You actually absolutely sure of that?

it depends on the proxy type. a http proxy will of course only be used for the announce but not for the actual torrenting. socks proxies are different so it depends on the type.

anon
07.04.11, 02:03
That despite of using Elite proxy + disabling/unticking other potential leaks throug vuze & router other peers/downloaders (anyone that is connected to me through vuze) will and can SEE me just as simple as checking the peerlist in the torrent client to spot me !?!

:yup:

If you need security so much, then once again, use a VPN or a seedbox. As long as you leech with your real IP, you can still get caught regardless of if no upload is enabled, you use separate IPs for the tracker, or disable DHT. Not that the "solutions" are flawless either, but they should provide good protection.

Instab: HTTP proxies can be used to connect to peers if they support the CONNECT method.

kabster
07.04.11, 02:18
hmmm... so either way payed or free ... you screwed if they realy want you !!

Is it still worth all this effort you think iam wondering !?

Also, does it help "MUCH" when i download or upload torrents to and from torrentsite from behind proxy actually in addition to the already proxyfied vuze ?

cheers,

anon
07.04.11, 02:22
Is it still worth all this effort you think iam wondering !?

That's up to you.

Also, does it help "MUCH" when i download or upload torrents to and from torrentsite from behind proxy actually in addition to the already proxyfied vuze ?

If the site's database ever gets seized, I suppose it can help.

kabster
07.04.11, 02:57
If the site's database ever gets seized, I suppose it can help.

Well yeah ofcourse its eventually up to me... but wot i like to know is your opinion about all this anonymizing theory..

Lets put it this way, on a scale from 1 to 10 using different methods (smurf & 3rd party apps included), 1 being useless and 10 being a GHOST a shadow from the past... lol wot woud your score be from your point of view ?

About the site's database note... is it possible to totally anonymize you using Free proxy then , i mean Elite woud be sufficient right?

And on top of that not forwarding references and beside that blocking cookies (not that cookies woud reveal true ip is it now ?!) through browser using addons and so on ?

Java scripts on the otherhand woud comprimise all this i asume , hence the use of Noscript !

cheers

Instab
07.04.11, 03:00
HTTP proxies can be used to connect to peers if they support the CONNECT method.

interesting, didn't know. so all the traffic would go through the proxy then?
would make the bt protocol useless to a certain extend :unsure:

hmmm... so either way payed or free ... you screwed if they realy want you !!

no, a working vpn (paid or not) should do the trick

kabster
07.04.11, 03:33
no, a working vpn (paid or not) should do the trick

Interesting indeed...

Instab, wot do you mean exactly by working vpn?

Didnt Anon just explained, free proxies are less secure and might still reveal yourself to the outside ?
Also, despite vpn dont you run the risk of using an transparant or semi anon proxy ?

cheers,

Instab
07.04.11, 04:40
Interesting indeed...

Instab, wot do you mean exactly by working vpn?

unreliable vpns tend to die at times and if you don't notice ...

Didnt Anon just explained, free proxies are less secure and might still reveal yourself to the outside ?

proxy is proxy. free or not. if working fine your ip is hidden.

Also, despite vpn dont you run the risk of using an transparant or semi anon proxy ?

sure, that dösn't hurt. dösn't provide real security either :P

anon
07.04.11, 19:34
Lets put it this way, on a scale from 1 to 10 using different methods (smurf & 3rd party apps included), 1 being useless and 10 being a GHOST a shadow from the past... lol wot woud your score be from your point of view ?

Using the method in the first post? Not more than a 6, probably.

About the site's database note... is it possible to totally anonymize you using Free proxy then , i mean Elite woud be sufficient right?

Yes, but then you risk getting banned. Trackers don't like proxies.

And on top of that not forwarding references and beside that blocking cookies (not that cookies woud reveal true ip is it now ?!)

Blocking cookies won't hide your IP and it will also prevent you from being able to log in.

so all the traffic would go through the proxy then?
would make the bt protocol useless to a certain extend :unsure:

Why would it become useless?

proxy is proxy. free or not. if working fine your ip is hidden.

Not all proxies conceal your IP, check it with IP.cc or a ProxyJudge first.

Instab
08.04.11, 16:52
Not all proxies conceal your IP, check it with IP.cc or a ProxyJudge first.

of course, transparent proxies don't count :P

anon
08.04.11, 18:27
Of course not, same stuff with CoDeeN proxies, those won't work either. I repeat my other question :gtongue:

Why would it become useless?

kabster
09.04.11, 03:19
Thank you anon and istab for your thoughts about this method and wot not.

Well yeap, thats wot i actually meant by "the risk of usin vpn" anon!

Allot of vpn methods (even paid) seems to lack the possibility to choose your own proxy manually and pose an anonymity risk !!

Thats why i like to disable especialy -----> Codeen, transperant and semi anon proxy's !

P.s: solve the detction problem anon (u remember ?),.. have allot to do with portforwarding settings so it seem heh!

Cheers,

anon
09.04.11, 03:57
Allot of vpn methods (even paid) seems to lack the possibility to choose your own proxy manually

You lost me there.

kabster
10.04.11, 17:03
You lost me there.

Yeap, i tend to confuse myself sometimes unintentionaly ofcourse !!

Well anon, take Usmurf for example... sure you are using a proxy but its the one ultrasmurf decide you get to use and not one proxy server you have chosen is it noti?

And i like to ask you something different..

you sure know of those anonmous testing sites dont you , and sometimes i get as "ip detected" unkown or i get a entirely differente ip (probebly behind more proxy servers at once) yet accordingly to the site iam not anonymous !!

Even though i couldnt find any link to my true wanip in the data i received from those test sites !!

i dont get that !!

references and cookies and all sort of vital data are not send forward however..; so they cant possible have seen my true ip because of that either yet allot of testing sites claim iam not anonymous !!

do you mind to clearify that please ?

Are those anonymous sites right , or is my logic right and am i realy anonymous since nothing is linked or shown to my true ip !!

Ofcourse, maybe those test sites might get fooled by the fact true elite proxy dont give away true ip nor do they give away that you infact are using a proxy and therefor those test sites might think that the proxy ip is infact my ip isnt it ?

cheers pal,

anon
10.04.11, 18:42
Well anon, take Usmurf for example... sure you are using a proxy but its the one ultrasmurf decide you get to use and not one proxy server you have chosen is it noti?

Yes, of course. It grabs a random proxy from its pool.

you sure know of those anonmous testing sites dont you , and sometimes i get as "ip detected" unkown or i get a entirely differente ip (probebly behind more proxy servers at once) yet accordingly to the site iam not anonymous !!

It all boils down to what the site considers being anonymous. If you put yourself behind seven proxies but didn't clear the cookies you received with your real IP, for example, then the chain is only as good as its weakest link.

Any chances you can post the site you're checking with?

therefor those test sites might think that the proxy ip is infact my ip isnt it ?

That's the idea of using an elite proxy :gtongue:

kabster
10.04.11, 19:34
Any chances you can post the site you're checking with?

Sure anon..

I have an list of sites, here are a few of them :smile:

here your are ;)

PROXY checker results (http://checker.samair.ru/)
Anonymity test - Free Anonymity Check. Showing Users Privacy Information Variables - www.ip.cc (http://www.ip.cc/anonymity-test.php)
IP check (http://ip-check.info/?lang=en)

and so on..

Wot do you think about the credibility of those test sites anon ?

cheers, :top:

anon
10.04.11, 19:37
The last one will only say you're anonymous if you're using Tor or JAP IPs, so it's useless as far as you're concerned. The other two are OK. Been using IP.cc for years.