PDA

View Full Version : Victims of WiFi Theft Not Responsible For Illegal Uploads

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 22:37
A German court has ruled that Internet users operating a WiFi router are not responsible if others use their equipment to infringe copyright on P2P networks. The news is likely to be seen as yet another blow for lawyers Davenport Lyons who have been insisting that German law decisions would be mirrored in the UK.

All around Europe there are instances of individuals receiving demands for compensation due to the fact that their open WiFi routers have been used by others to infringe copyright.

Now, a new judgment has come from the Frankfurt court of appeal. The judges have decided that the owner of an Internet connection is not responsible for copyright infringements carried out without their knowledge on their open WiFi. The same court already ruled that parents are not responsible for copyright infringements carried out by their children.

Victims of WiFi Theft Not Responsible For Illegal Uploads (http://torrentfreak.com/victims-of-wifi-theft-not-responsible-for-illegal-uploads-080709/)

anon
09.07.08, 22:47
up yours davenport lyons! who knows, people with high speed connections may "forget" to secure their WiFi now ^^

Aurion
10.07.08, 04:52
wow,I guess now leechers might use Wi-Fi for their seeds or just log on to any nearby opened network & do that ratio stabilizing thingy :tongue:

zatoicchi
10.07.08, 10:29
wow,I guess now leechers might use Wi-Fi for their seeds

i believe that wi fi has already been use from others people connections..to leech and seeds ..it;s just a matter of time that a laws should be written out for w9i fi usage

anon
10.07.08, 13:35
or just log on to any nearby opened network & do that ratio stabilizing thingy :tongue:

laptop + good neighbor with unprotected WiFi (· green dot!! :smile:) + easy wi-fi radar = good :tongue: