PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft To Ship SP3 Of Windows XP Via Windows Update

BrianBosworth
09.07.08, 00:24
Microsoft on Monday sent out a reminder that it would distribute a new version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP through its Automatic Update service “shortly.”

Nick MacKechnie, senior technical account manager at Microsoft New Zealand, said in a company blog post that if IT administrators wanted to prevent the automatic installation then they should download and deploy the Windows Service Pack Blocker Kit from the company’s online download center, or deploy update management software that provides full control over updates deployed to computers on a network.

Source: Microsoft To Ship SP3 Of Windows XP Via Windows Update - Aviran’s Place (http://www.aviransplace.com/2008/07/08/microsoft-to-ship-sp3-of-windows-xp-via-windows-update/)

anon
09.07.08, 00:29
trying to enter MS update here tells you to download SP3 already, at least here :smile: but i won't install it, there aren't too many important or significant fixes/additions; just isn't worth the time IMO, plus more stuff = slower windows :/

Aurion
09.07.08, 08:06
LOL that was ages ago dude,I remember installing this version as a normal Update 2 months ago,it didnt change anything slightly but more bug fixes & same sh%t :redface:

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 10:05
updating your computer sometimes will make things worse , had issues where i did an update and poof some other problems comes out..that's why nowadays if computer is ok i leave it alone

Aurion
09.07.08, 10:09
updating your computer sometimes will make things worse , had issues where i did an update and poof some other problems comes out..that's why nowadays if computer is ok i leave it alone

well,yeah I believe some updates included some Bug fixes for some previous bugs in XP that did bad things in users PC since it conflicted with other appz & system stability handling

anon
09.07.08, 18:23
that's why nowadays if computer is ok i leave it alone

yea, you're meant to work with it, not to make it work. who knows, maybe SP3 adds some stuff that for example makes one of your security programs crash or exit sliently every start-up and you won't know WHAT is wrong :confused2: