PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft keeps up the pressure on Yahoo

BrianBosworth
09.07.08, 00:19
Software giant Microsoft is interested in reopening talks to buy all or part of Yahoo – but only if a new board is appointed to the internet search provider.

Industry figures now predict a full-scale assault from rogue Yahoo shareholder Carl Icahn to try to unseat Yahoo's chief executive Jerry Yang and his board.

Microsoft said it held talks with Icahn last week, apparently as a last resort after failing to reach any agreement through other channels.

Icahn has written to Yahoo's board confirming the talks.

Yahoo said a sale through Icahn of any part of the business was not in the best interests of the shareholder, but that it was still open to negotiations through the existing board.

Source: Microsoft keeps up the pressure on Yahoo - vnunet.com (http://www.vnunet.com/computing/news/2221012/microsoft-takes-gloves)

anon
09.07.08, 00:26
failed to do it the good way, now MS is getting serious! :tongue:

Aurion
09.07.08, 08:00
damn,MS is so fucking greedy to think that they can buy anything or own everything !! Yahoo & Google PWNed them in the a$$

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 10:16
MS is so fucking greedy to think that they can buy anything

yep, micrsoft probably wants to control evertyhing on the net,,Gates has already bought up some big hotel chain ,,he's getting richer and greedier by the day:mad2:

Aurion
09.07.08, 17:26
more money & power gets u more blind :rolling_eyes:

anon
09.07.08, 18:56
Gates has already bought up some big hotel cahing ,,he's getting richer and greedier by the day:mad2:

at least he knew when to stop making them and actually start using the $$$ :tongue:

zatoicchi
10.07.08, 12:18
at least he knew when to stop making them and actually start using the $$$

that's why he's a shrewd businesman, always thing in how to make money

Aurion
10.07.08, 20:01
making money is way easy for those people,the challenge for them is how to survive among different market competitions

anon
10.07.08, 20:13
like when opera adds "speed dial" in that update, one day later IE7 comes up with "quick tabs" which are the same :eek3:

Aurion
11.07.08, 11:33
told ya they are just trying to steal credits from each other (if found any) just to tell everyone "we something different Opera didnt ad to its Browser" while its the same silly add-on,maybe MS does that alot lately since it cant find anything worthy to set a project on

anon
11.07.08, 18:32
just to tell everyone "we something different Opera didnt ad to its Browser" while its the same silly add-on,maybe MS does that alot lately since it cant find anything worthy to set a project on

yet it took years for MS to implement tabbed browsing while opera has had that feature pratically ever since it was created :cool2:

remember shareware opera 3.0 that would display ads if a trial-user btw? good old times :biggrin:

Aurion
11.07.08, 18:50
yeah I used to use Opera & Netscape since my first time I knew something called Internet :biggrin: (its been like 17 years or so) damn now im a FF addict

anon
11.07.08, 19:54
yeah I used to use Opera & Netscape since my first time I knew something called Internet :biggrin: (its been like 17 years or so)

when i first started to browse the net @ a cafe i freaked out when attempted to open a page and this "netscape" thing pops up (Wtf!? :biggrin:) was always used to that the blue e = Internet... xD until some time ago i learned about "alternative browsers" :smile:

Aurion
11.07.08, 20:46
old days were way fun man,when you had to learn everything & anything to be able to be a member of that vast world :biggrin: