PDA

View Full Version : K-Lite Codec Pack - Full, Standard and Basic

zatoicchi
08.07.08, 03:05
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.

There are three versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: Basic, Standard and Full.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the most popular and widespread formats. It is small enough to fit on a single floppy. Also great for including on your movie CDs.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Full contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for the various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings.

Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.0.0 FULL (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm)

Aurion
08.07.08, 05:28
wooow,this is a very handy plug in for video/audio streaming :klatsch_3:

anon
08.07.08, 14:13
ffdshow all the way :D

anyway this is easier to install if you just want to watch a movie and don't have the codecs, just open, next next next and done :top:

savior
21.08.08, 12:22
New version K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.7 Full, Standard and Basic (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm)

itzicbitzic
24.08.08, 19:12
I was using K-Lite until I found a codec pack witch makes me happy now than before: it is called "Pure Codec" - a lot of options , settings etc. You should try it!

anon
24.08.08, 23:22
I was using K-Lite until I found a codec pack witch makes me happy now than before: it is called "Pure Codec"

Does it have a homepage? I googled it but only found torrent links...

vannelli87
28.12.08, 16:04
K-Lite is the best codec pack

SealLion
28.12.08, 19:18
Can ffdshow and this 'k-lite codec' pack be used side by side??

that is, are there elements that ffdshow does not have that k-lite codec pack would have??

I try playing some FLAC files in BSPlayer along with the installed ffdshow and it don't seem to recognize them for some odd reason.

VLC will play them naturally, though again, BSPlayer will not.

Hence the question brought up: ARe there codec elements within k-lite codec pack that ffdshow does not have??

anon
28.12.08, 19:25
Can ffdshow and this 'k-lite codec' pack be used side by side??

I recommend you don't, because this pack also installs ffdshow. In my experiences it installed an old version of it, which caused problems, and this is why now I only use ffdshow+MPC to play video files, which works perfectly.

that is, are there elements that ffdshow does not have that k-lite codec pack would have??

Hence the question brought up: ARe there codec elements within k-lite codec pack that ffdshow does not have??

According a quick Google search: this codec pack can also include the following programs/tools (apart from ffdshow, and depending on the edition you choose):

MPC
Codec Tweak Tool
MediaInfo
GSpot
VobSubStrip
GraphStudio
Haali Muxer
FourCC Changer
Bitrate Calculator

pi_1st
28.12.08, 19:27
i don't use k-lite codec pack anymore, or other codec packs for that matter. all that codecs just messed up my system.

right now i just used gom player to play media files. very nice and small player which i think better than media player classic.

SealLion
28.12.08, 22:35
@Anon: ah, I see. I also see from what you've listed, i.e. Haali Muxer, I think is already installed inside ffdshow.

anon
29.12.08, 00:25
Haali Muxer, I think is already installed inside ffdshow.

Isn't it a separate tool? According the Pack's website:

Tools:

Codec Tweak Tool [version 2.3.0]
GSpot Codec Information Appliance [version 2.70a]
MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.8]
VobSubStrip [version 0.11]
GraphStudio [version 0.3.1.0]
Haali Muxer
FourCC Changer
Bitrate Calculator

Or maybe you meant "Mixer", which is indeed a part of ffdshow's audio decoder..? :smile:

SealLion
29.12.08, 03:01
Maybe.
I can't remember, though I recall seeing something about 'Haali' during the install.

Actually, now that I've looked inside the configurations again, there isn't anything there re: Haali. Maybe I"ve got something wrong. ......IDK.

Tekrader
29.12.08, 09:32
Hi,
the best codec pack in my opinion is CCCP. It has FFDSHOW, Haali, VSfilter ect. (basically everything you need).

Homepage is here:

Combined Community Codec Pack (http://www.cccp-project.net/)

The site has a great FAQ/Wiki as well as Forums and a Chat.

Regards

SealLion
29.12.08, 19:13
Ya, I came across that too at one point and I was thinking about it, though once I saw ffdshow as being an integral part of CCCP, I figured that its not really necessary for me.

Though it did look like a pretty good codec pack to me when I did run across it.

I think that I came across CCCP by chance at that point.

Overall, from what I remember reading, CCCP looked like a very well put together codec pack.

jerri
02.01.09, 13:54
K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4.4.5

ˇ Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.939.0
ˇ Updated ffdshow to revision 2555
ˇ Updated MPEG splitter (Gabest) to version 1.2.940.0
ˇ Changed default AVI splitter from Gabest to system default (Microsoft)
ˇ Updated x264VFW to revision 1063
ˇ Improved detection of broken 64-bit codecs/filters

link (http://download.softpedia.com/dl/d624af69e5c7bb9fa2d5dc1f1004cfcb/495e0e6c/100016475/software/multimedia/video/divx/klcp64v162.exe)

aaaaab
02.01.09, 15:18
was splitter von Gabest?
was soll denn an denen gut bzw. besser sein als die von windows?
der haali-media-splitter (http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/) hat da mehr zu bieten,
z.B. auswahl der kapietelmarken/tonspuren/untertietel...

ich sags ehrlich,
ich bin kein freund von codecpacks
alle programme kann man sich selbstzusammen suchen
und sind daduch aktueller als ein codecpack je sein könnte...

Aurion
19.01.09, 19:27
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:

* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
* For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
* The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.

Changelog 4.4.5 -> 4.5.3 | (2009-01-16)

* Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.972.0
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2624
* Added option to use experimental MT version of ffdshow. That has betterH.264 decoding performance on multi-core processors.
* Updated Haali Media Splitter to version 1.9.42.1
* Updated Ogg splitter (Gabest) to version 1.2.972.0
* Updated MPEG splitter (Gabest) to version 1.2.972.0
* The "Auto-load VSFilter" setting for Haali Media Splitter is now enabled by default.

HomePage (http://codecguide.com/)

Download (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/KLite_Mega_Codec_Pack/1080441198/1)

NJoy :biggrin:

anon
19.01.09, 19:32
Title changed because this no longer a version-specific thread. You can post pack updates here.