PDA

View Full Version : SpywareBlaster 4.1

zatoicchi
08.07.08, 01:01
Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

# Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
# Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
# Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

Javacool Software - Downloads (http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/downloads.html)

anon
08.07.08, 01:08
this soft brings back good memories for me :) when i had WinME (a lot of time ago :biggrin:) i'd set this in the RunServices registry key so that it ran on start-up before any other programs. every time i entered windows i'd be greeted by that annoying login box where you just have to click OK (senseless really :tongue:) but by then spywareblaster was already executed, so: help -> about and IE would pop up to visit the author's homepage: i pressed stop, wrote C:\ in the address bar, pressed ENTER... and would start doing my work without anybody logged in :biggrin:

Aurion
08.07.08, 05:21
Respect zat for this nice share but you know there are lots of other Spyware Antis that are way better than that (Such as Ad-aware,Spy bot ..etc) I mean in the searching entries,more definitions are there & up2date

zatoicchi
08.07.08, 05:35
Respect zat for this nice share but you know there are lots of other Spyware Antis that are way better than that (Such as Ad-aware,Spy bot ..etc) I mean in the searching entries,more definitions are there & up2date

i know rep:wink:, but over the years it has been loyal to me all this time, cant really complain about it because it has been protecting me for awhile now..very easy and simple to use , doesnt really require any brain function to st up:biggrin:

Aurion
08.07.08, 08:39
yeah for sure its a decent tool but i was just recommending other super tools too that wont ever disappoint you :biggrin: (protection is a right to obtain)

anon
08.07.08, 14:22
@reppy: you just need to open this once a day and let it update its db, you can close it and it will keep on protecting you even when closed. that's a positive point for SB :top:

also i forgot to mention it i never had any problems back when i used it and WinME... nothing malicious ever got installed in my comp when using IE... good piece of software :)

Aurion
08.07.08, 17:09
also i forgot to mention it i never had any problems back when i used it and WinME... nothing malicious ever got installed in my comp when using IE... good piece of software :)

yeah try to use Spybot: search & destroy (Free app comes full & updating) this is a super fast scanning anti-spyware tool that will get ur attention

anon
08.07.08, 17:13
i know about spybot S&D :) just commenting my old experiences with SB; now i don't use it anymore because it protects you against activeX controls and tracking cookies, and opera doesn't run ActX and i have set it to delete cookies on exit ^^

Aurion
09.07.08, 05:19
LOOL then just use an external Scanning tool (unrelated to browser surfing) such as S&D or Ad-aware (that app is very decent)

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 11:38
anything that protect your computer from anything malicious is always a good software..it's better than no protection at all:wink:

Aurion
09.07.08, 14:00
yeah for sure its always useful to be protected all the time since u know we became very heavy Internet users browsing everything & anything :biggrin:

anon
09.07.08, 18:44
yeah for sure its always useful to be protected all the time

to be really safe you can do your browsing inside a sandbox... sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/) is an almost freeware (after 30 days have passed it just shows a dialog box once every windows startup) implementation of this security measure. reppy, you could post it in the software section :top:

Aurion
09.07.08, 19:16
LOL do it urself Lazzy :tongue: I got enough topic posting today :biggrin:

anon
09.07.08, 19:19
:smile: thought maybe you wanted to do it because it is a good security tool, and in this case didn't want to steal your thread. :wink:

but i'll post it if it's OK :top: