PDA

View Full Version : ForceBindIP

anon
06.07.08, 19:24
ForceBindIP is a freeware Windows application that will inject itself into another application and alter how certain Windows Sockets calls are made, allowing you to force the other application to use a specific network interface / IP address. This is useful if you are in an environment with multiple interfaces and your application has no such option for binding to a specific interface.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/)

the last sentence says everything... for example uT does have an option to bind to an specific NIC, but by ip, and you have to change it and restart everytime your ip changes. if for some reason you need to have multiple uTorrents bound to different interfaces, you can make a shortcut to this prog with your card's GUID (which will never change :biggrin:) and path to utorrent.exe as parameters (for more info on this see the download page).

handy :top:

if you download the .zip version, make sure you place BindIP.dll in the system32 folder, otherwise it won't work! ;)

zatoicchi
07.07.08, 03:48
sounds interesting thanks,anon..will have check this software out..never even heard about this one.. caught my eye when it mention utorrent

Aurion
07.07.08, 07:56
so in other words its an "IP ranger socket based tool" then it should be awesome if it really works along with uTorrent,anyway gonna give it a try,thanks buddy :wink:

anon
07.07.08, 18:12
should work with any network app... if you have problems add the -i command-line parameter, for example:

ForceBindIP.exe -i 123.123.123.123 C:\utorrent\utorrent.exe