PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent Tracker Hosting Illegal Says Dutch Court

anon
05.07.08, 20:09
Leaseweb, the former ISP of BitTorrent trackers such as Demonoid, What.cd and Waffles.fm lost the appeal against the Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN. The Amsterdam court concluded that Leaseweb has to permanently shut down the BitTorrent tracker everlasting.nu, and hand over the admin’s personal information.

BitTorrent Tracker Hosting Illegal Says Dutch Court | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-tracker-hosting-illegal-says-dutch-court-080704/)

:mad2:

Rebound
05.07.08, 20:16
Bad news. But i know for a long time, that the netherlands are not secure now. The secure continent is asia now i think. Butīs a bit difficult to find servers with enough power.

I think all other sites/trackers which are hosted in other countries of europe, will get the same problems after a while. Bad times come... :frown:

best regards

Rebound

anon
05.07.08, 20:32
they could host the trackers here, there are practically few or no laws against p2p, quite cheap and powerful connections and our p2p community would receive them all with open arms, nothing too much filesharing-important has its grounds here :biggrin:

zatoicchi
06.07.08, 06:29
the sad thing about this whole situation is that most of the people or government thats allowing this to happen is the one who has been paid a lump some of money. very sad that even the counties we think is safe is not dafe anymore..

Aurion
06.07.08, 07:44
well,didnt heard about Everlasting.nu before but I guess if one of the Huge trackers around the web lately got closed down (such as TT,waffles.fm,RevTT,what.cd .. etc) then I guess it would be the end for p2p world for a while :mad2:

anon
06.07.08, 17:58
then I guess it would be the end for p2p world for a while :mad2:

sometimes it seems so but when you try to bash filesharing it just lays low for a while then it comes back stronger like the phoenix :klatsch_3:

zatoicchi
06.07.08, 21:54
it comes back stronger like the phoenix
\
it's alwaysbeen like that, you make a software to make something unplayable and someone comeback make it playable..it's always been a battle .they restric filesharing and someone come along and makes a software to unrestrict it..

anon
06.07.08, 22:02
it's alwaysbeen like that, you make a software to make something unplayable and someone comeback make it playable..

and that's good, because it proves that big corporations that claim "this can't be done, because we made sure so it is" are mostly wrong... and it's people with much less power than them who do it. ;)

zatoicchi
06.07.08, 22:11
big corporations that claim "this can't be done,

yep,for years now the big corporation has been big headed about it , they will never realize it,that they are just causing a domino effect

Aurion
07.07.08, 18:25
its not about battle anymore lately anon,they are shutting down all huge trackers including their servers (better scenarios trackers rise from the ashes & move servers to other countries to save its fame) which already contain file sharers who started the world of p2p long time ago,so its not about anti & de-anti anymore,without connections those trackers are ruined totally :icon_angry[1]: