PDA

View Full Version : Police close Spanish torrent sites

Snakedoctor
29.07.07, 18:12
Police close Spanish torrent sites
http://www.p2pnet.net/images/pirate.jpg
p2pnet news | p2p:- In a renewed effort to put a halt to piracy, Spanish police have shut down two BitTorrent sites.

Todotorrente.com and trackertdt.com were both taken offline and three administrators were arrested and accused of facilitating ‘copyright infringement’.

The main target, todotorrente.com, was one of the largest Spanish BitTorrent sites in Spain with tens of thousands active users. On the site we now read the following message (translated):

According to the police, todotorrente.com was responsible for more than 500,000 € in losses to copyright holders, while the site itself made more than 30,000 € in profits. Numbers that can’t be backed up by any evidence of course, but we’re used to that.

Todotorrente.com wasn’t the only site affected by the raids.

In addition, the police took down trackertdt.com, a sister site of todotorrente.com. Gamesfive.net, another sister site, now redirects to blackdivx.org.

This isn’t the first time that Spanish authorities take action against BitTorrent sites.

Last year, 15 administrators of BitTorrent and eDonkey sites were arrested, in the largest P2P raid in Spanish history.

Most of the sites that were shut down last year (17 in total) remain unavailable. However, pctorrent.com now redirects to newpct.com, one of the largest BitTorrent sites in Spain.

A bittersweet week for Spanish pirates.
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/12925

whatswrong
30.07.07, 08:26
i feel sorry for this because i'm a member in a spanish torrent site and i'm worried if they closed it to

SBgooo
03.08.07, 17:42
bad news. but p2p is sort of strong force. no one can stop us:baeh:

Pablo23
03.10.07, 20:00
very bad news... i have an user in ANimersion (very popular in spain) and a few days ago the government wanted to close the tracker.
Fortunately they can't closed it.

NO ONE CAN STOP P2P!!

djmoldx
13.01.08, 13:52
Yes. These are very bad news.They will not close P2P

holycow510
19.01.08, 09:56
Its always a sad news when torrent sites get closed down. But when they close down one, five more will be created :-)

Pirates don't die!