PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media: ‘Absolutely No Possibility’ of Disconnecting File-Sharers

anon
03.07.08, 19:26
Virgin Media, plagued by a recent flurry of bad publicity thanks to its policy of working with the music industry to warn file-sharers, has announced today that there is “absolutely no possibility” that it will disconnect its users from the Internet or hand over their details to the music industry.

Virgin Media: ‘Absolutely No Possibility’ of Disconnecting File-Sharers | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/virgin-media-absolutely-no-possibility-of-disconnecting-file-sharers-080703/)

hope this ends up being true :smile:

Aurion
03.07.08, 22:26
at last good news that could calm down internet users,sharers go rock the place :biggrin:

zatoicchi
04.07.08, 04:52
they probably that it's better to join us than go against us..about time they realize they:biggrin: can't win

anon
04.07.08, 14:17
they probably that it's better to join us than go against us..

by giving us internet access they are already with us :wink2:

and not disconnecting users because of p2p is another favor :biggrin:

shoulder
04.07.08, 23:22
I hope other providers will behave in the sameway. :smile:
Somehow I think P2P is getting safer and safer the last days instead of more and more unsafe. :biggrin:

Aurion
05.07.08, 11:21
p2p is already safe from day 1 its just that some countries are not that safe so the alternative was to move to another place if you are a p2p addict freak :biggrin:

anon
05.07.08, 19:32
p2p is already safe from day 1 its just that some countries are not that safe

conclussion: it depends on where you are and what you do :biggrin:

glad the government doesn't care too much about filesharing here :wink2:

zatoicchi
06.07.08, 06:23
glad the government doesn't care too much about filesharing here

at least your pretty safe where your from :wink: but here where i live they prosecute you to the extent of the law if you get caught sharing files and somtimes they dont even care if you did it or not

Aurion
06.07.08, 07:50
at least your pretty safe where your from :wink: but here where i live they prosecute you to the extent of the law if you get caught sharing files and somtimes they dont even care if you did it or not

well,I guess this kinda harsh zat since there is no sense in prosecuting internet users for sharing stuff that they already dont own or not being the source for seeding them up to the web :biggrin: anyway,I think its clear now that some countries are just imitating each other to get enough credits in the scene of protecting human beings civilian rights :tongue:

anon
06.07.08, 18:03
and somtimes they dont even care if you did it or not

it's most of the time they don't care about whether you did it.

if you have power and money justice's in your pocket :shy:

Aurion
07.07.08, 18:27
LOL yeah you bet,justice & money are soul mates :biggrin: since stone age (back then tribe master & meat were soul mates :tongue:)