PDA

View Full Version : Update for firefox 2 is out

zatoicchi
03.07.08, 11:31
What's New in Firefox 2.0.0.15

Release Date:
July 1, 2008
Security and stability Update:
The following security issues were fixed.

MFSA 2008-33 Crash and remote code execution in block reflow
MFSA 2008-32 Remote site run as local file via Windows URL shortcut
MFSA 2008-31 Peer-trusted certs can use alt names to spoof
MFSA 2008-30 File location URL in directory listings not escaped properly
MFSA 2008-29 Faulty .properties file results in uninitialized memory being used
MFSA 2008-28 Arbitrary socket connections with Java LiveConnect on Mac OS X
MFSA 2008-27 Arbitrary file upload via originalTarget and DOM Range
MFSA 2008-25 Arbitrary code execution in mozIJSSubScriptLoader.loadSubScript()
MFSA 2008-24 Chrome script loading from fastload file
MFSA 2008-23 Signed JAR tampering
MFSA 2008-22 XSS through JavaScript same-origin violation
MFSA 2008-21 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8.1.15)

Mozilla Firefox 2 (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html)

hitman
03.07.08, 13:10
jup just updated yesterday i dont want to upgrade to ffv3

Nikki
03.07.08, 17:13
I think its better to upgrade to F3

anon
03.07.08, 18:08
v3 has problems with some sites that v2 doesn't have :/

hitman
03.07.08, 19:28
i will wait till it works stable and all my plugins works as i wish till now there is no need for me to update.

SealLion
04.07.08, 02:18
Has anyone ever had the following problem using FF version 2.*:

You leave your machine on for seeding/downloading, etc...etc,,...for an extended period of time.

You return to your computer and you find that you cant enter any text in either the URL box, or any dialogue box for that matter. This will only occur after you have left your computer on for an extended amount of time.

I find that when this happens to me and I'm using Firefox, I can't text anything at all. I find that I have to revert to using OPera browser in which I am not having any probs.

zatoicchi
04.07.08, 04:36
Has anyone ever had the following problem using FF version 2.*:

FF 2 is a very stable browser never had problem with it..all my extension and add-ons works perfectly there..very reliable and fast..not known issues when using ff2..

anon
04.07.08, 14:16
You leave your machine on for seeding/downloading, etc...etc,,...for an extended period of time.

You return to your computer and you find that you cant enter any text in either the URL box, or any dialogue box for that matter. This will only occur after you have left your computer on for an extended amount of time.

that can happen if you use any so called "memory defraggers" which use more aggresive methods to retrieve RAM, such as messing up with setprocessworkingsize (opera will lose its menu bar and have a transparent rectangle instead until it's restarted, for example). do you use any of those?

big torrent client diskcaches can cause this too, the maximum recommended setting is 32mb.

SealLion
04.07.08, 14:25
that can happen if you use any so called "memory defraggers" which use more aggresive methods to retrieve RAM, such as messing up with setprocessworkingsize (opera will lose its menu bar and have a transparent rectangle instead until it's restarted, for example). do you use any of those?

big torrent client diskcaches can cause this too, the maximum recommended setting is 32mb.

Hello Anon: the defraggers that I'm using are the following:

Auslogics defragger and PiriForm Defragger{ you know...the same company that makes CCleaner??}

I am unaware that either of these will defragg the memory.

anon
04.07.08, 15:32
Auslogics defragger and PiriForm Defragger{ you know...the same company that makes CCleaner??}

yep, i have heard about defraggler. tried the beta and it looks promising :smile:

what do you have config.trim_on_minimize set to? (check this going to the address about:config in FF) v3 may use a different "trimming" system, with those drawbacks after being minimized for a long time...

SealLion
05.07.08, 02:04
this is currently set to 'true', though I doubt that this will have an effect.

I say this b/c me, not being able to text any material in any boxes, may even occur after I start up FF from scratch.

For further clarification, here's what I mean. I will input some text into a dialogue box and when I do, no text will appear. Though what does happen is that 'KeyScrambler' will recognize my attempts to text and will display the encrypted keystrokes in its own scrambler box in the lower corner of the browser.

the browser behaves quite irrational when I seed, or even download for a great length of time. Its quite odd, isn't it??

anon
05.07.08, 19:30
this is currently set to 'true', though I doubt that this will have an effect.

try setting it to false in the meantime. FF won't use less memory when you minimize, but if it's the trimming system that's causing the problem, we can now be sure of that and locate a possible solution :smile:

also, yes, it's odd.... never heard of such a case before :confused2:

SealLion
06.07.08, 02:12
OK. Will give it a go, then.

Give me a day or so before I can emulate {or not emulate....hopefully} this same problem.

SealLion
08.07.08, 06:55
Well. So far, so good. I seed, leave FF minimized with your suggestion to have about:config altered and so far, no problems as I explained previously.

I am curious to know, Anon. What idea brought you to suggest to alter the about:config as obviously it seemed to have some positive effect??

Aurion
08.07.08, 08:27
v3 has problems with some sites that v2 doesn't have :/

well FF3 is still unstable in a word or another but I like the auto former search engine that completes missing words/auto complete while typing to help u if you forgot what the last part of the web site's name :biggrin:

Aurion
08.07.08, 08:29
Well. So far, so good. I seed, leave FF minimized with your suggestion to have about:config altered and so far, no problems as I explained previously.

I am curious to know, Anon. What idea brought you to suggest to alter the about:config as obviously it seemed to have some positive effect??

man always try to take a look @ my tut in the FAQ/Tutorials section for the topic "Tips & Tweaks 2 get FF way faster than ever" for other tweaks that provide more speed & buffering stability :top:

anon
08.07.08, 14:19

just thought Ff3's trimming system may have been the cause... instinct, we could say :smile:

SealLion
09.07.08, 01:29
@Anon: Thanks. Very much appreciated.

@ REppy:

man always try to take a look @ my tut in the FAQ/Tutorials section for the topic "Tips & Tweaks 2 get FF way faster than ever" for other tweaks that provide more speed & buffering stability :top:

My problem had to do with what I explained above a few posts before: Can't text in dialogue boxes.

It didn't have to do with speed or buffering, moreso with not being able to input text.

This was an unusual problem experienced.

Aurion
09.07.08, 05:21
Well,just wanted to offer some tweaking tips help here !! Anyway,take a look @ that TuT later if u want

SealLion
10.07.08, 03:38
I might do that later on, though I don't expect them to be any different than what I've come across on the internet before, Reppy.

Thanks anyways:)

Ostracized
16.07.08, 17:49
2.0.0.16 is out

Fixed in Firefox 2.0.0.16
MFSA 2008-35 Command-line URLs launch multiple tabs when Firefox not running
MFSA 2008-34 Remote code execution by overflowing CSS reference counter

Download HERE (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html)