PDA

View Full Version : Heroes’ Producer Recognizes Benefits of BitTorrent

zatoicchi
03.07.08, 09:41
Half of the people who use BitTorrent do so to download TV-shows. Some episodes of popular shows such as ‘Heroes’ and ‘Lost’ get up to 10 million downloads. We had a chat with Jesse Alexander, the co-producer of both ‘Heroes’ and ‘Lost’, and asked him what his thoughts are on BitTorrent, piracy and the future of TV.

Jesse Alexander has co-produced and written for both ‘Heroes’ and ‘Lost’, two of the most successful TV-series today. In addition to millions of viewers on TV, both shows are are also extremely popular on BitTorrent. In fact, millions of people share a single episode and this can go on to 10 million downloads per episode.

One could argue that their availability on BitTorrent actually helped ‘Lost’ and ‘Heroes’ to build a stronger fanbase. With torrents, no-one has to miss an episode anymore which keeps the fans more engaged. So called “pirates” advertise the shows to their friends, or write about it on their blogs.
Accordingly, when we asked Jesse Alexander whether he thinks that BitTorrent might have helped to reach a broader audience, he answered with a clear cut “Yes”.

‘Heroes’ Producer Recognizes Benefits of BitTorrent | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/heroes-producer-recognizes-benefits-of-bittorrent-080702/)

Aurion
03.07.08, 13:19
he did as that Artist did 2 weeks ago,man Torrent Sharing can teleport anything within seconds to the other parts of the World :biggrin: he appreciates it I guess thats why he answered with a clear cutting "Yes"

anon
03.07.08, 15:21
man Torrent Sharing can teleport anything within seconds to the other parts of the World :biggrin:

two factors can speed that up even further:

* superseeding
* antip2p organizations not wanting it to be done :wink2:

Aurion
03.07.08, 21:12
antip2p organizations would kill that for damn sure,but as you know l33chers/seeders wont ever vanish all together in one second (unless WW III has begun) so you should expect torrenting to last forever I guess :biggrin:

anon
03.07.08, 21:24
"bomb all bittorrent users" "affirmative!" *70+% of all internet ips go offline*

i don't want to think "enjoy this, because it may not last" every time i see my torrent client :frown:

Aurion
05.07.08, 12:37
i don't want to think "enjoy this, because it may not last" every time i see my torrent client :frown:

hey take it easy little anon,its not that what you think dude,this is just silly propaganda to sell their cheap ideas about how to stop what they call "Illegal Privacy" BUT we will stand up & say "Fucking NOOOOOOOOO" :klatsch_3: