PDA

View Full Version : Disk Trix Ultimate Defrag 1.72

zatoicchi
02.07.08, 11:31
http://i.d.com.com/i/dl/media/dlimage/10/32/89/103289_large.jpeg

UltimateDefrag is also a hard drive file placement optimizer that enables you to defrag and place your files in the areas on your hard drive where you achieve maximum performance. 80% of the time you only use 20% of the files on your hard drive. UltimateDefrag places your rarely used files out of the way and onto the slower performing areas of your hard drive making your drive perform like a new, almost-empty drive. Version 1.72 includes unspecified updates.

UltimateDefrag Freeware Edition - Free (http://www.download.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-10582157.html?cdlPid=10840833)

anon
02.07.08, 15:45
one of the best defraggers out there :biggrin:

its round slice of the hard drive is very cool, after all HDD plates are round and not rectangular like XP's defrag wants us to think :biggrin:

i didn't even know there was a free version of it... :top:

Aurion
02.07.08, 18:14
Well,never heard of it before !! Sounds Intersting to Judge a Free License Defrager since good ones are rare to find around !! Thanks for sharing it Buddy,gonna give it a try :top:

hitman
02.07.08, 19:14
one of the best defraggers out there :biggrin:

its round slice of the hard drive is very cool, after all HDD plates are round and not rectangular like XP's defrag wants us to think :biggrin:

i didn't even know there was a free version of it... :top:

:biggrin: you are right i looks way better like an hdd. the works quite good and is fast and you can see in which place of the hdd the fragments are placed

anon
02.07.08, 19:47
see in which place of the hdd the fragments are placed

you can even zoom and see exactly which files are fragmented :)

btw i have just ran UD and...:

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1343/dsast0.gif

Most Fragmented File EVER, and it's just a 700mb ISO :biggrin:

SealLion
03.07.08, 05:54
I agree. This is a good peice of software. I used it before. Its not too bad, actually.

zatoicchi
03.07.08, 08:15
very good piece of software indeed, i switch and am very well please that i did..ease of use, manageable and very fast...

anon
03.07.08, 14:12
i switch and am very well please that i did..

what defragger were you using before?

i can give you some UD tips :smile:

system28
02.03.09, 15:22
Hi anon!

Can you tell me wich defrag-method is the best for system-partition? How to setup Disktrix (i have the "pro" version)?

Thank you!

kazuya
02.03.09, 16:23
i am using PerfectDisk 10.witch is better then,this or PerfectDisk 10?

anon
02.03.09, 16:46
@system28: If you have enough time to leave UD running:
Go to Tools -> Options, and:
[X] Automatic = 30% | % Most Frequently Used Data
(•) Strict placement (sorted)

You may want to change the % - it controls how much of the files you've used recently you'll be able to access faster after the defragging is done.
With the strict placement, data and free space will be ideally (close all other apps) perfectly split in the disk, instead of bits of your files among the free space and reversed. :tongue:

@kazuya: you'd need to try them both and see which one is better for you. But let me give you a tip... never defrag all your disks at the same time with PerfectDisk...