PDA

View Full Version : regarding PTN

SealLion
02.07.08, 01:07
does anyone have an idea about the tracker ' PTN'?

I keep getting an error message inside uT: HTTP Reply 401.

Each time that I try to access it through my browser, it states that it cannot find the server.

If anyone else has also an account there, would you know any info about it??

EDIT: The browser is able to access it; however, password and username ineffective.

Shit!!! I hope that I didn't get banned.

However, is anyone else recieveing the 'access denied ' page after inserting username and password into the dialog box as this is a reletaivly new feature??

anon
02.07.08, 01:13
i can access www.piratethe.net [resolves to 85.17.238.162, i use opendns] in my browser, it opens an authentication popup asking for an username and password (not the usual login box, it's the user&pass dialog you get when accessing some routers for example)

and http 401 is unauthorized... wonder what's going on :confused2:

SealLion
02.07.08, 02:33
Yes, in using openDNS, I get the same thing, even without opendns, I get the same result.

However, are you able to actually login to the site {if you have an account, that is}??

or....do you continually get the same pop up dialogue box, even after repeatedly placing in the required info??

zatoicchi
02.07.08, 03:56
they was expected to open this monday but they are still having problems..all i know it that everyone was saying they are having a ddos atack ..jud have to wait and see

SealLion
02.07.08, 04:49
ah. I see. So what I am experiencing is the result of your explanation. OK. Thanks.

I have cheated on PTN several times and I was afraid that they had finally caught me using GreedyTorrent and were now denying me entry to the site. And even then, in my own experience, having been caught would have been something of a rarity.

It just seemed unlikely though as I make attempts to cheat 'smart '. You know what I mean??

Anyways....thanks for the further info. HOpefully, that site will be up soon.

zatoicchi
02.07.08, 06:59
this the latest news on ptn.

PtN is changing servers and distros. It will be back up soon. Do not try to log in right now as you wont get in anyway.

maniak
03.07.08, 00:27
aFTERMATh (syop) said:

Don't try to log in and I don't know how you tried to recover pass when you can't get on the site. When the site is back up, I will notify everyone.

SealLion
03.07.08, 05:37
oK. Well thanks for the info Maniak. ....appreciate it. :)

Aurion
04.07.08, 00:12
Just tested it right now & it said "Under Construction" so just give it some time

SealLion
04.07.08, 02:33
and to think that I actually got caught cheating!!!

I 've been caught only a minimal 2 or 3 times at various trackers. And even then, that was when I realized that they were'nt all that great, afterall.

but PTN....well, thats the exception.

I like the fact that they don't have a ratio system there.

zatoicchi
04.07.08, 04:30
Ptn is still down .it will be back soon enough and cheating is pratically easy as a pie

maniak
04.07.08, 05:24
Ptn is still down .it will be back soon enough and cheating is pratically easy as a pie

yep, but you dont need to cheat, cuz is freelech, only seed the torrent :biggrin:

zatoicchi
06.07.08, 06:32
just got back today after a 4th of july vacation and Ptn is still down ..very sad situation i hope they are still alive.. Is there any recent news regarding PTN?:frown:

SealLion
06.07.08, 14:12
nope. The malayasian goverment is still hammering down on them. They're looking for a new server in some other country atm.

zatoicchi
07.07.08, 04:05
Yeah its back online ..torrent are not that many though..

Aurion
07.07.08, 07:59
Yeah its back online ..torrent are not that many though..

Well,I thought they would open some new sign ups for new members since I guess they lost some fame since they got down for a while now,anyway hope someday I can sneak in :biggrin:

zatoicchi
07.07.08, 10:12
anyway hope someday I can sneak in

i believe the only to get invited is for you to hooked with a site recruiter or know someone whose rank is a carpenter or above...:wink:

From PTN

Hey guys, hope you read my News, gotta get this place filled with torrents again and get the site busy like before, i know its a pain after all the work we did before but to help entice you, i have changed the Gold system to give 3x the gold per hour seeded, AFR's and Packs still give 5x so get seeding!

When we hit 1000 torrents again, I will be issuing all an invite.

Options
02.08.08, 12:14
anyone ever cheated here? do they have anti-cheat script like hdbits.org which ban you instantly when you are using RM

Logitech
02.08.08, 12:16
I don't know what kind of anti-cheat script they have, but why would you even use RM?
You are taking unnecessary risk when you're using RM because there are so many other good tools on this site to keep your ratio good/high.

CindyVer
02.08.08, 17:22
I don't know what kind of anti-cheat script they have, but why would you even use RM?
You are taking unnecessary risk when you're using RM because there are so many other good tools on this site to keep your ratio good/high.

My thoughts exactly. Why using anything that is detectable, when there are other undetectable options.

Options
02.08.08, 18:01
you are right. just thought that i would ask that..since RM does not require you to d/l real files
anyway, i always cheat on trackers using shu mod or faze mod..

CindyVer
02.08.08, 18:25
you are right. just thought that i would ask that..since RM does not require you to d/l real files
anyway, i always cheat on trackers using shu mod or faze mod..

Shu Mod does that too :wink:

anon
02.08.08, 18:37
Shu Mod does that too :wink:

You mean not requiring to have real files in your HDD to fake upload? How?

CindyVer
02.08.08, 18:42
You have files, but they are 0 bytes on your HDD. It's like when you start a torrent and the directory is created. You see the files and how big they are but their actual size on the disc is 0.

That's what I mean.

anon
02.08.08, 18:47
Mmm, but won't those files "fill up" as you download the torrent?

Or do you mean completing it, then moving the good files somewhere else and "zero-lenghting" what's on your Azureus download folder?

CindyVer
02.08.08, 18:55
When you 'show yourself as a seeder' you don't dload anything ... you only fake upload. But in the trackers stats they can see you didn't dload anything and just joined the swarm as a seeder.

anon
02.08.08, 19:09
Yes, you'll be shown as seeder to the tracker, but won't the Azureus client in your side still attempt to download the torrent? (it just won't report this to the tracker)

CindyVer
02.08.08, 19:26
No it won't.

anon
02.08.08, 19:34
It still tries to download with these settings (tried it in a Ubuntu torrent):

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4605/wwwwwot1.gif

Same with "No reporting (0 UP & 0 DL)" with "show you as a seed" enabled...

CindyVer
02.08.08, 19:53
It still tries to download with these settings (tried it in a Ubuntu torrent):

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4605/wwwwwot1.gif

Same with "No reporting (0 UP & 0 DL)" with "show you as a seed" enabled...

I guess you have the auto-save feature enabled. If you don't he'll ask you any time you fire up a torrent where you want to save it ... if you deselect all the files you see in that window you won't dload a single byte :biggrin:

anon
02.08.08, 19:59
You were right, I unticked the ISO from the window and Ubuntu went straight to my seeding torrents panel and started "uploading" without any files at all in my DL folder :biggrin:

CindyVer
02.08.08, 20:13
Glad I could help. :wink:

Options
03.08.08, 03:11
what you could also do is that. limit the download speed to low speed like 100b/s..if you dont want to download the files..this way, you are downloading the file but with very low speed. and you are still shown as a seeder...

i wanna ask here:
if i am using Fake upload "upload multiplier"...and my upload speed is 6kb/s and my fake upload speed is 46kb/s...which one is shown in the swarm? is it my upload speed or my fake upload speed?

SealLion
03.08.08, 05:52
@ 'Options': yes. Its very cheatable. Hell. I use GT pretty much there all the time. Haven't been caught yet.
Works like a charm.

also: .....

@Zatoicci: man. I am really sorry. I didn't think of checking here on this forum to see if anyone was interested in joining that tracker. I was given an invite. Didn't use it. Basically let it rot. Sorry. If I knew that someone here was interested in having an account, I would have given you one.

Options
03.08.08, 09:41
what is GreedyTorrent?
i have seen it in Mod and tool section and never use it.
since some people say it's detectable on some trackers..

Logitech
03.08.08, 10:15
GreedyTorrent is a great tool but if you set it too report my upload as 1.05 times my download.
GreedyTorrent will send this
downloaded: 100
real upload(for example): 10
edited upload: 105

but the problem with greedy torrent is when you got it running the hole time when you're downloading a torrent it will just multiplies it with 1.05 so.
downloaded: 100mb
edited upload: 105mb
a few minutes later
downloaded: 200mb
edited upload: 210mb

If a tracker got a cheat script that will compare 3 updates and then check if the upload can be divided every time by the same number and if that number is equal to your download.
They will see that you using some kind of multiplier, so if you really want to be safe use Vuze sb-i 3.1.1.1 mod.

zatoicchi
03.08.08, 10:32
@Zatoicci: man. I am really sorry. I didn't think of checking here on this forum to see if anyone was interested in joining that tracker. I was given an invite. Didn't use it. Basically let it rot. Sorry. If I knew that someone here was interested in having an account, I would have given you one.

@sealion, greatly appreciate the thought of given me an invite, thank you but im already In PtN..your generosity is commendable...:top:

Options
03.08.08, 15:05
i see.. that means if i set it to multiply my download 1.05 times.
then at times i download 200. my upload will be automatically be 210mb?...
i think anon has mentioned it that it would be safer to multiply my real upload..rather than my real download..isnt it right?

anon
03.08.08, 18:20
i think anon has mentioned it that it would be safer to multiply my real upload..rather than my real download..isnt it right?

Yes, because that way you won't report upload if you haven't uploaded anything, and as GT's multiplicator lets you multiply by any number with up to 3 decimals (like 2.342) the cheating is very much less detectable that with for example a Uploadx10 uTorrent mod.

But be careful: some trackers can still detect you're using GT. I don't know how they do it; maybe looking at what remote port the announce is coming from you, or something like that.

SealLion
03.08.08, 18:30
I will add this much with respect to my success of using GT:

I've had success using it on What, Waffles, pretty much all the other music sites like LIbble, Stmusic, and whatever else is there.

Before I deleted my transbooster account, I used it there too with no problems.

I''ve also had success in using it on bithq, ptn, kg, co, and a host of other specialty sites like bitme.org, docs. torrents.ro...thats just to list a few.

Logitech
03.08.08, 18:49
SealLion I also used GreedyTorrent on private servers that are hard to get into and didn't been banned.
But it is very easy to write a script that will detect GreedyTorrent.

Note: Not that I can code(Just know the basic of c++), but if you see how GreedyTorrent works It wouldn't be hard to code a script against it.
If I had abit more coding skill(in php I mean) I could easy write a script to ban users that use GreedyTorrent.

SealLion
03.08.08, 18:55
SealLion I also used GreedyTorrent on private servers that are hard to get into and didn't been banned
But it is very easy to write a script that will detect GreedyTorrent.

Note: Not that I can code(Just know the basic of c++), but if you see how GreedyTorrent works It wouldn't be hard to code a script against it.
If I had abit more coding skill(in php I mean) I could easy write a script to ban users that use GreedyTorrent.

I believe you, logitech.

I guess one could write a script for most things now to detect cheat mods.

Personnally, I am under the opinion that most admins dont' have the necessary skills to implement such coding detection. In my opinion, they're just at the basic level. But thats just my opionion.....I don't know much, if anything at all about coding. :)

anon
03.08.08, 18:58
if you see how GreedyTorrent works It wouldn't be hard to code a script against it. ... I could easy write a script to ban users that use GreedyTorrent.

Indeed it can be detected, Logitech :top:
That'd make the Faze Mod and the Azureus Hack as the only 100% safe ways of multiplying your upload IMO.

Logitech
03.08.08, 19:21
Indeed it can be detected, Logitech :top:
That'd make the Faze Mod and the Azureus Hack as the only 100% safe ways of multiplying your upload IMO.

Couldn't agree more with you although I never used Faze I hear good things about it.

anon
03.08.08, 19:31
although I never used Faze I hear good things about it.

Because it is a good client :top: You can download and give it a try, atm the public beta has an undetectable upload multiplier, perfect BitTornado and LH-ABC spoofs, some No Report features and other settings :smile: It also works very good for normal downloads (no cheating).

SealLion
05.08.08, 03:23
Well, since PTN has been back online for quite some time now....just wondering if you guys think the selection of movies is really as good as it was since before the time it went down??

I dunno what to think. Personnally, I think its changed just somewhat. Being of lesser quality material. IDK....thats just what I think, thats all

Thats only being said in consideration of some of the stuff that I see on KG.

YOu see. When I first joined PTN, I thought that it was 'OK', then as I went there a little more often, I noticed that it was actually pretty good. It seemed to have some films there that I really didn't expect to be elsewhere.

But, now I just get the vibe that its changed. Thats just my opinion.

Just trying to make conversation. Thats all.

zatoicchi
05.08.08, 05:08
well have to just give them time to recuperate..and see what the future holds for them..they are still new..there contents are the same as everyone else..but i do like there no ratio system though.

regards

CindyVer
05.08.08, 07:33
Just trying to make conversation. Thats all.

Spam ? :wink:

No seriously ... I believe what you say is true, but remember ... before the downtime there were 1800+ torrents, as we speak there are just 1150+.

That's what happens when there is such a long downtime. People that are motivated to upload see their work has been for nothing. Do you know how much time it costs to upload, let's say 50 torrents to a tracker. You have to make the '.torrent'-files, select what category it should be in, make a description, add the NFO only to notice afterwards there are hardly people thanking you for the upload, noticing people up at redicoulously slow speeds, etc ...

The system at PTN sucks big time. In essence it is maybe good but most people just try to get as much Gold as possible and hardly seed (like 0.5 kb/s), because they can earn a lot more GB's just appearing on the seeders list than to actually seed at high speeds.

But you also remember there are only about 1400 members (yet). That is not much at all compared with some other trackers that have far more members.

One example: tehconnection, they have about 12000 members and only 1400 torrents :rolling_eyes:

Anyway ... PTN has potential but it hasn't been up long enough to see where it actually goes to.

SealLion
06.08.08, 02:50
Spam ? :wink:

No. I wouldn't spam my own thread that I authored....well, I could if I wanted to, but not at the moment. :wink:

Anyways, ... I do agree about their no-ration system being a positive thing. I do like that a lot too.
and yes... I am aware of how much time it takes to upload. Well...it doesn't take that much time.
While uT creates your new torrent, you can fill in the blanks on the upload form.

something else that I do see eye2eye with you on is the fact that very few pple with say 'thank you' for the upload. ...kind of rude isn't it???

And about the gold. Honestly. I could care less for that. Really.
I'd just as soon as sell it IRL. HAHAHAHA. Man, we could all be fairly rich if we could do that, yes??

I do agree with you CindyVer about PTN having potential based on the fact that when one visits some of these torrent invite forums, lots of pple, or at least, some, are asking for a PTN invite. So yes.... I do agree with you about it haveing potential.

Maybe it will.

xarda
06.08.08, 15:44
PTN has a lot of potential but the problem is most seeders with seedboxes are too busy using it to chase FTN/Sct packs. There is no real loyalty to PTN as there is to FTN/ScT when it comes to uploading and "seeding till you bleed".

Aurion
06.08.08, 21:08
@SeaLion: u know the need & desire for rare trackers always chase collectors even in their dreams so its a matter of taste tho,just dont get into a tracker if u know u cant keep up (IMO)

SealLion
07.08.08, 01:11
@SeaLion: u know the need & desire for rare trackers always chase collectors even in their dreams so its a matter of taste tho,just dont get into a tracker if u know u cant keep up (IMO)

Ah, yes. I totally agree with you on this. Completely Reppy.

An invite to SCT I was offered and declined. I don't have a seedbox,.... can't afford one either. So to 'hell with it', I thought.

besides, you see.... For me, I am not greatly concerned for 'scene material'. I 'd just as soon as download 'regular' stuff that one can find on TD or wherever, You know what I mean??

Options
07.08.08, 15:34
agree with you.. I dont download files as soon as they are out. i will download them the next day. i will wait and see the comment first about the quality

CindyVer
07.08.08, 17:21
Ah, yes. I totally agree with you on this. Completely Reppy.

An invite to SCT I was offered and declined. I don't have a seedbox,.... can't afford one either. So to 'hell with it', I thought.

besides, you see.... For me, I am not greatly concerned for 'scene material'. I 'd just as soon as download 'regular' stuff that one can find on TD or wherever, You know what I mean??

Hmmm ... you declined ScT ... don't you know they have freeleech on their packs. And they have a lot of awsome packs. Furthermore, why would you want to have a seedbox if you have all the mods on this site???

As I said before ... you can fake up to 2MB/S upspeed on the new sct-packs without any problems.

anon
07.08.08, 18:51
Hmmm ... you declined ScT ... don't you know they have freeleech on their packs. And they have a lot of awsome packs. Furthermore, ... you have all the mods on this site...

... you can fake up to 2MB/S upspeed on the new sct-packs without any problems.

Maybe he didn't think he'd be able to keep it up despite that. Or plain wasn't interested in ScT's content, as he downloads "normal" stuff.

Manas
07.08.08, 18:59
I respect you for your determination, SealLion. Many people would just have taken it because of its rarity. It requires a wise and determined man to decline an offer like that :wink:

btw. I also once declined a Uk-T account :cool2:

CindyVer
07.08.08, 19:35
Maybe he didn't think he'd be able to keep it up despite that. Or plain wasn't interested in ScT's content, as he downloads "normal" stuff.

Hmmm ...define "normal"? :biggrin:

btw. I also once declined a Uk-T account :cool2:

If it would have been an account you'd already have to be with the same ISP as the one owning the account before you. They ban every, not seriously motivated IP-change. If it was an invite (handed out by the staff) I think you are a brave man and I don't believe many would do the same.

Honestly, I would've taken it. But the main raison I wanted to get into these higher level trackers is because they are a whole lot safer to use than semi-private trackers like Revtt and TL and the likes.

anon
07.08.08, 19:48
Hmmm ...define "normal"? :biggrin:

A scene release of an app has a file_id.diz, NFO, and the application and crack themselves are RARed up in solid volumes (if the program is of a certain size).
A "normal" release has the install program uncompressed, the crack in a "crack here" folder and (sometimes) a readme.txt.

A scene release of a movie has the movie itself RARed up in solid volumes of exactly the same size (except for the last one of course), an NFO, and (sometimes) screens of the movie and a sample to see the quality.
A "normal" release is plain an (unarchived) AVI file, and with a lot of luck, its subtitles (if needed).

But being a bit less "tidy" and organized than the scene ones doesn't make "normal" releases any bad. :tongue: Just my opinion :wink:

CindyVer
07.08.08, 20:02
Scene releases or not ... I don't really care if it's rarred or not.

Most just use it because they can 'race' it faster. BMTV, TvT.ro aren't using them scene-releases either and they are doing fine also.

It's an endless discussion on a lot of trackers with people in favour and the ones against it.

SealLion
08.08.08, 01:05
HEllo everyone:

Here's the reasoning behind my refusal to accept an SCT invitation,

A whole bunch of these private torrent sites are not cut out to be all they say they are.
From my own personal experience, they are not so 'big'. There's a tonne of torrent sites, that may be of lesser 'value', that I have found {as per my own experience}, are much better than some of these other bigger, more higher level sites.

Take for example TT: Lots of pple want TT.

I had an account there before. There's a tonne of trance related trackers that are as equal if not better than TT. Like Tribal Mixes.com, Satclubbing.info and some others. Satclubbing has got scene related trance music on it...thats good. TribalMixes has got lots of DJ related stuff.

Here's another example: What and Waffles

they are higher level sites and thats all good and beautiful...all the power to them, ok

Now take other sites like Stmusic, libble, and IndieTorrents...In my own personal opinion, those sites are waaaay under-rated. They have great stuff.

There is material that is on one site, that you wouldn't find on 'What.CD. Did you know that???

I am willing to bet that there is stuff on some of these sites that you wouldn't ever find on TT or some of these other higher level sites...vise versa too of course, But who cares????

Sure, I do have some accounts at unique sites like KG and CO and others..thats ok. Cuz there is interesting stuff there that you wouldn't find elsewhere.
But with SCT.....I don't care for general 'scene' related stuff. From what I understand, SCT is just a tracker that has got general stuff...like TD has, just newer.

All that scene stuff does trickle down to other places, you know.

Is it really that important for me to have the most shiny, brand-new software or movie or whatever...not really. I don't care for the scene related stuff.

Remember...each to his own, yes???

Amright??

One other thing: The guy who offered me the SCT invite is a non-cheater....he's my friend, but I don't want to cheat on a site that he's invited me to.......

....what would happen if I made some stupid mistake and got caught cheating??....

How would he react???

Do you finally see the reasonings behind my choices, Cindy??

i

CindyVer
08.08.08, 09:15
Do you finally see the reasonings behind my choices, Cindy??
i

I don't question your motives or reasons why to decline an ScT or other higher level invite SealLion. There are some very high level trackers I would and already refused invites too. Why? Because they have specialised content I'm not interested in.

There are only two things I really care about. One is getting the things I want. And it's a fact there are some things you can't find on tracker X and you find on tracker Y and vice versa. That has noting to do with level. Levels are created for Traders and are based only on difficulty to get in. They are not about content.

The second thing I care about is security. And I can't help thinking using a tracker like TL is a lot unsafer than using a tracker like F*C.

I never said ScT is a must to have. I'm not someone who diggs the higher levels, TL and RevTT have been two of my favourite Trackers for a long time and they are not hard to get into. I like them because they have basically everything, there lot's of seeders and leechers, and cheating can be done without really giving it much thought.
But I have to admit that ScT has some great packs and retention you don't see on other trackers much. But on the other hand, I haven't even been using ScT a lot lately because I have other options (read 'other' trackers).

About ratio, I never worry, I believe it is all talk and happens to people with really crappy connections or people that have little experience in torrenting and jump on the wrong torrents.

One other thing: The guy who offered me the SCT invite is a non-cheater....he's my friend, but I don't want to cheat on a site that he's invited me to.......

....what would happen if I made some stupid mistake and got caught cheating??....
How would he react???

That is one point that is very true. Friends giving you invites is indeed a pain in the *rse. That's what I explained here before. I just couldn't cheat when getting an invite from a real friend. So I just don't accept them.

SealLion
08.08.08, 23:52
ok.

I see that it was just a matter of misunderstanding, then.

Aurion
09.08.08, 19:29
Take for example TT: Lots of pple want TT.

I had an account there before. There's a tonne of trance related trackers that are as equal if not better than TT. Like Tribal Mixes.com, Satclubbing.info and some others. Satclubbing has got scene related trance music on it...thats good. TribalMixes has got lots of DJ related stuff.

hey SeaLion,u know u got a BIG point out there yeah,im completely with ya,when you just dont need a thing then dont stick to it,since u might lose it somewhere !! about TT (IMO you might have underestiated that Tracker),you have mentioned that you was a member once up there,well now its way different,u knew before that TT used to recording Live ASOT,GDJB,TATW ...etc eposides directly from DI sets,so that was a damn good privilege that other sites cant ever dream of.Moreover,about that scene thingy,yeah other sites might have overrided TT in releasing scene packs,but wait a moment,TT still got the lead of releasing 0day Trance,House,Techno ..etc packs on the spot !! so those factors and others gave TT credits over 4 years now,and still its the BEST EDM Tracker ever made (the staff are depending on dedication of new uploaders who just LOVE to work there in TT as scene releases suppliers) :top:

SealLion
10.08.08, 01:07
@Reppy:

I suppose so, reppy.

In some ways, I guess it may be better to have just one tracker vs. 2 or more for the same thing after all.

And yes. Your probably correct when one tracker such as TT have built for themselves a name based on content or even aspects of thier uploaded content.

o