PDA

View Full Version : Portugal Hands Jail Sentence to First Convicted File-Sharer

anon
28.06.08, 19:42
In the first conviction of a file-sharer in the country, Portuguese authorities have handed down a harsh sentence of 90 days imprisonment in order to “set an example”. The unnamed individual faced court after the Portuguese version of the RIAA issued a complaint about unauthorized uploading.

Portugal Hands Jail Sentence to First Convicted File-Sharer | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/portugal-hands-jail-sentence-to-first-convicted-file-sharer-080628/)

zatoicchi
29.06.08, 06:18
they should focus more on hardened criminals instead of internet users

Ostracized
29.06.08, 14:28
I guess its too difficult for them being lazy and all, and go for the easy ones, those that wont actually hurt anyone too.

The name of justice is being pissed on

anon
29.06.08, 17:58
you have a point there ostracized :top:

"set an example"!? sounds pretty much like an horrible warning of what you can become if given power to me...

zatoicchi
29.06.08, 21:05
they should go to jail, they are more corrupt than anyone else.maybe they arrest themselves..lol

anon
29.06.08, 21:15
maybe they arrest themselves..lol

that'd be cool. but guess who would judge them :tongue:

zatoicchi
29.06.08, 21:16
but guess who would judge them

of course US , we the people..guilty and life sentence:biggrin:

Aurion
01.07.08, 11:29
every time I see a news or a review like this,I wonder what is happening out there,I mean this is useless every country that imitates other countries to get the title of "Peace & Order Settled Down,Dont worry guys !!" :biggrin: