PDA

View Full Version : How to make Azureus portable/change between predefined settings

shoulder
27.06.08, 15:54
German (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f20/tut-azureus-portable-zwischen-verschieden-vordefinierten-einstellungen-w-hlen-4066/)

Hi,

as you know Azureus saves his settings under %appdata%\... .
So, if you want to use it on different PC's you always have to copy the settings and paste them by hand.
But there's a way to change this by telling Azureus to save the settings in the program folder using a parameter.

You have to start Azureus with this parameter:

-J-Dazureus.config.path="Destination folder of the settings"

Now Azureus would save all settings in a folder called config which is located in the Azureus program folder.

You can start a program with parameters either using cmd or using a shortcut.
But to make everything working perfect, also the "Restart" option (which doesn't use the parameters and so doesn't save the settings in our defined folder) you have to create a EXE.

Therfor you have to rename the Azureus.exe to something like "s_azureus.exe".
Then create a new txt file.
Now open it a and write

start "" "name of your renamed Azureus.exe" -J-Dazureus.config.path="Destination folder of the settings"
in it.

For me it would be:

start "" "s_azureus.exe" -J-Dazureus.config.path=config
Save the txt file as Azureus.bat.
Now start the attached software, select the Azureus.bat and choose "Ghost application", then click "Compile".

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3092

The new Exe should be called Azureus.exe, otherwise the "Restart" option doesn't work with the predefined folder.
Now copy the "new" Azureus.exe into your Azureus program folder.
Done! :wink:

To use different predefined settings make different exe files with different defined settings folders.

Attention:
Azureus is only working on PC's on which Java is installed!
This HowTo is only for Windows!

anon
27.06.08, 18:23
i didn't think azureus could be made portable without using thinstall (by traditional means that is! :tongue:) now i can carry the Az SB-I hack in my pocket, that's cool :cool2:

thanks again :top:

hitman
27.06.08, 19:36
i use this method nearly 2 years with a few other parameters but at the end its not really portable because the need of java but atleast you dont need the config folder on your OS partition

german traslation would be nice:biggrin:

shoulder
27.06.08, 19:48
Yes, of course Java needs to be installed and it's also only working on Windows.

A german translation will come today or tomorrow.

Edit:// German version (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f20/tut-azureus-portable-zwischen-verschieden-vordefinierten-einstellungen-w-hlen-4066/) online.

anon
27.06.08, 19:51
its not really portable because the need of java but atleast you dont need the config folder on your OS partition

you can always carry sun's JRE setup with you, it's just 15mb :biggrin: but i don't know whether it will install under limited user accounts...

ironace
18.09.10, 14:37
Is it possible to have the Vuze Extreme Mod and a real version of vuze installed? When I tried it took all the torrents from the Extreme mod and transferred it to the real one. Do I install in different folders, different drives? I want to keep them separate too.
Thanks.

Gapo
18.09.10, 14:55
Is it possible to have the Vuze Extreme Mod and a real version of vuze installed? When I tried it took all the torrents from the Extreme mod and transferred it to the real one. Do I install in different folders, different drives? I want to keep them separate too.
Thanks.

Wrong thread to ask. You may want to try the VEM thread next time.

anon
18.09.10, 17:49
Firstly, what does that have to do with the RM? Moved. :unsure:

Secondly, look at the first post of this thread.

(I saved this as an MHT file in my flashdrive when I had ~4000 posts and still have that file :wsmile:)

ironace
18.09.10, 19:30
So my post was moved from the Memory Reader tutorial. I was talking about Ratiomaster memory reader because I had the extreme mod installed and I know you cant search for extreme mod in the memory reader, you need a real client.

I wanted to have Vuze just for memory reading with RM, I probably dont need extreme mod and RM but with extreme mod you can get the 0% leech option. Plus I get everything with Extreme mod emulation Vuze 4.5.0.2 so I want to be consistent with RatioMaster.

As far as I can tell this thread is supposed to be to make Vuze portable all I need to know is how to make Extreme Mod and Vuze coexist on my computer.

Sorry for the loss of time.

anon
18.09.10, 19:31
When it comes to memory reading, Extreme Mod = Vuze. Which means both have the same issue.

As far as I can tell this thread is supposed to be to make Vuze portable all I need to know is how to make Extreme Mod and Vuze coexist on my computer.

The method in the first post :gsmile:

ironace
18.09.10, 19:38
When it comes to memory reading, Extreme Mod = Vuze. Which means both have the same issue.

So you cannot memory read with vuze and extreme mod?

anon
18.09.10, 19:38
Not easily, that's why I've always suggested sniffing instead.

ironace
18.09.10, 19:45
Well firstly thank you. Then I am just going to use uTorrent seems easier.