PDA

View Full Version : Arrested OiNK Uploaders Bail to be Extended

anon
26.06.08, 18:26
The six individuals who are arrested for allegedly sharing music on the OiNK BitTorrent tracker, are due to report to police at the start of July. The five men and one woman, who are suspected of conspiring to defraud the music industry, will have their bail extended. Unsurprisingly, the police need more time to make their case.

Arrested OiNK Uploaders Bail to be Extended | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/arrested-oink-uploaders-will-see-bail-extended-080626/)

Aurion
26.06.08, 18:31
what a waste,that tracker was the strongest tracker ever built on the WEB :rolleyes2:

zatoicchi
26.06.08, 19:34
they wanna extend because they cant find any evidence, no files were hosted there....

Aurion
27.06.08, 15:09
yeah but how come they had an unbelievable users base sharing almost everything & anything anyone can ever dream about !! I mean havent they had any servers at least for the tracker ??

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 19:28
they had servers but they never kept any files their as far as i know.but you know the government will try anything to shut down trackers because when the music or movies industry complains they are afraid they won't get by paid...

anon
27.06.08, 19:41
the cops have now returned oink's servers........ having wiped the HDDs first :mad2:

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 20:18
oink probaly has a back up hidden someplace safe..:wink:

CindyVer
27.06.08, 20:58
the cops have now returned oink's servers........ having wiped the HDDs first :mad2:

I don't know where you got that info, but that would seem higly improbable because they aren't allowed to do that. Moreover it would be pointless. You can't stop a tracker by erasing some HDD.

anon
27.06.08, 21:04
I don't know where you got that info

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1371/dasxg9.gif

Cleveland police initially stated that the charges against Alan would be announced December 2007, but this was soon postponed for two months, only to be postponed again this May. The police did return OiNK’s servers however, but not before they had erased the hard drives.

:smile:

and you're right, i doubt it will have deleted oink forever... as zatoicchi said there must be surely a backup around