PDA

View Full Version : PSP will not die any time yet

zatoicchi
26.06.08, 11:52
THE DARK satanic rumour mill has been churning out a line which claims that Sony is about to drop its PlayStation Portable.

Last year the lack-lustre game gizmo had a renaissance when the PSP Slim hit the streets and that classics such as Daxter could be played alongside new titles such as Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

However this year it looks like Sony isn't keen on announcing many new PSP games, which many are seeing as a prelude to it been cut.

According to IGN, PlayStation Sony Director of Hardware Marketing John Koller denied that the PSP was toast.

PSP will not die any time yet - The INQUIRER (http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/26/psp-die)

anon
26.06.08, 15:42
weird, i kind of expected things like the iphone and ipod touch would leave it in the shadows :biggrin:

Aurion
30.06.08, 16:26
weird, i kind of expected things like the iphone and ipod touch would leave it in the shadows :biggrin:

Well, its already dropped down deep in the shadows since XBox 360 is burning the floor up recently :biggrin:

cruel.intentions
27.07.08, 07:55
I dont think PSP will go anytime soon check out Sony: PSP can last ten years | Gaming Industry | News by MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30975/Sony-PSP-can-last-ten-years)

anon
27.07.08, 17:42
We need to revitalise the developer community to get behind PSP. For example, it's easy to make a DS-type game for a PSP game in terms of cost and speed of development and we will be looking to do encourage that as we continue to develop the PSP.

That sounded so much like they're going to support homebrew developers instead of trying to counter their efforts :biggrin:

Aurion
28.07.08, 11:27
well,their contributions are already valuable regarding their achievements in the field of PSP which amazed millions of people for sure once released !! Anyway,look @ their Hardware Marketing Director announcing that it was a "failure" tho,just not available games for everyone :biggrin: