PDA

View Full Version : Government “Holds a Gun to the Head” of ISPs Over P2P

anon
23.06.08, 20:03
The British government appears to be running out of patience with ISPs as they struggle to come to an agreement with the music industry on P2P music piracy. One ‘top-level’ ISP executive says “The British government just put a gun to our head.” Major ISPs are now in “serious” talks with the music industry.

Government “Holds a Gun to the Head” of ISPs Over P2P | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/government-holds-a-gun-to-the-head-of-isps-over-p2p-080623/)

zatoicchi
24.06.08, 09:47
For their part, ISPs are only too aware of the profit they make from file-sharers. If the latest reports are to be believed, around 6 million Brits use their internet connection for file-sharing. Alienating them could be a huge strategic error.

don't they know that they are just hurting themselves by doing so, the customers users are the one who's putting money in their pockets, imagine 6 million british decided to cancel their subscription big problem

anon
24.06.08, 15:50
don't they know that they are just hurting themselves by doing so, the customers users are the one who's putting money in their pockets, imagine 6 million british decided to cancel their subscription big problem

hope they don't start slowing down p2p traffic like it happens around here... for isps it's a kind of solution: some people may simply choose not to download stuff at slow speeds and they save bandwidth :mad2:

Aurion
24.06.08, 19:13
LOL what the hell has happened to those crazy governments :biggrin: I think Digital War is about to begin :shockkk!:

anon
24.06.08, 20:02
I think Digital War is about to begin :shockkk!:

a cyberwar caused by filesharing? :SniperHeadShot2: i'd better take cover ^^

zatoicchi
25.06.08, 04:19
a cyberwar caused by filesharing? i'd better take cover

yep, and guess who win ...its the customer, we the people ..we all should sto using the internet for 1 whole week and see what happens

anon
25.06.08, 18:30
we all should sto using the internet for 1 whole week

i couldn't do that :biggrin:

zatoicchi
25.06.08, 20:20
i couldn't do that

yea, i guess we all have an addition to the internet but can you imagine the outcome though..they will be in a panic and so are we not to use it for i week.. we will get the shakes and sleeplessness...:biggrin:

anon
25.06.08, 20:23
we will get the shakes and sleeplessness...:biggrin:

but won't give them what they want! :tongue: makes me remember when it was "turn off your mobile day" here... :smile:

zatoicchi
25.06.08, 20:28
you see your getting restless..and weak to the knee:biggrin:

but the tactics with the government and big corporation to that it's just unheard of...