PDA

View Full Version : iPhone to sell for €1 in Germany

zatoicchi
17.06.08, 10:55
T-Mobile has announced that it will sell the new 3G iPhone for as little as €1 in Germany when the device goes on sale next month.

Apple has allowed network operators to subsidise the cost of the device in the hope of boosting sales numbers and persuading customers to sign up to more lucrative monthly contracts.

German customers will be able to pick up the 8GB version of the 3G iPhone, capable of storing about 2,000 songs, for €1 if they sign up to the most expensive €89 per month price plan.

If they opt for any of the price plans in between, they can expect to pay up to €169.95 for the device.

A heavily-subsidised 16GB version of the handset is also available, with prices in Germany starting at €19.95 for those signing up to the €89 per month plan, and rising to €249.95 for those on the lowest rate €29 per month contract.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected...liphone116.xml

haxx
17.06.08, 11:56
Haha it is purely cheating, because when you buy your phone, you will have to committing to a contract that costs a lot of money per month. But good luck with your new phones:biggrin: ..

anon
17.06.08, 13:16
this is so mad man, the iphone is still so expensive here :frown:

@haxx: you can buy it and sign the contract under a fake identity, then unlock + flex and flee the country xD

haxx
17.06.08, 13:25
@haxx: you can buy it and sign the contract under a fake identity, then unlock + flex and flee the country xD

I mean, when you buy a new mobile phone and must create a new contract, you should show them passports. And I think soon it will be discovered if you make a false passport and use it.

anon
17.06.08, 13:38
of course so it is, i was just making a "funny" comment :top:

(could use a fake passport :ices_lol_large:)

haxx
17.06.08, 13:44
hehe, but just write if you were testing your method. So I will visit you in prison :>

anon
17.06.08, 13:52
i think you took my remark too seriously :biggrin:

is your avatar an upside-down "power" button btw? :smile:

haxx
17.06.08, 14:12
Heh, yes, I believe I did .. :>
No it is the logo of the famous concert, Q-Dance ..

Aurion
17.06.08, 21:56
WTF !! this is crazy dude,this phone might cost a fortune here :icon_angry[1]:

anon
17.06.08, 22:05
all technology gadgets are always very expensive when they first come out :frown:

let a few years pass and it may be even too costly to pay 1 €uro for the iphone :tongue: of course you may as well be wasting money on what will then be (proportionally) as flashy and useful as a motorola startac (one of those that don't have a lcd screen :eek13:) is now :biggrin: