PDA

View Full Version : LG claims title of 'world's greenest monitor'

zatoicchi
15.06.08, 12:06
LG Electronics has launched what it claims is the most eco-friendly and energy efficient monitor in the world – the Flatron W2252TE.

Available in the UK from August, the 22 inch wide-screen monitor will offer a 45 per cent reduction on power consumption from a 40 watt monitor (such as the older LG W2252TQ), so consuming only 22 watts.

“With the ever increasing time spent by consumers on computers these days, there is a need for products which are more energy efficient,” said Fiona Landsberg, marketing manager at LG Electronics.

She claimed that anybody using the computers would be safe in the knowledge that they were doing something to help the environment, and that future monitors would progressively improve or equal the energy saving provided by the W2252TE.

LG claims title of 'world's greenest monitor' | IT PRO (http://www.itpro.co.uk/603672/lg-cla...eenest-monitor)

Aurion
15.06.08, 12:15
LOL !!! im still happy with my Wide SyncMaster 920NW LCD :tongue:

hitman
15.06.08, 14:02
not bad at all electricity price are in germany quite high to bad i have just a one year old tft for my pc i would surely buy one with less energy consumption