PDA

View Full Version : Replying To Members Topics !!

Aurion
14.06.08, 14:15
Hey There SB-Citizens !! Since I got addicted to this place recently Ive noticed something that Really made me wonder about being in a big community with no sense of Contributing to it !! The thing is that when I roam around the forum I see lots of Old/New topics that are really intersting to Read/Reply to but the Strange thing is that you can notice the major Gap between both Replies/Views counters !! I guess this is due to being a Good Community with Lots of Infos Sharing Engines which is quite awesome !! but this reminds me with the famous word "Double Edged Weapon" !! Because being active in a Forum is not like just checking Topics out without even contributing to them with Simple Words as a Reply to the Topic's Owner who already started that Topic at the first place to either Provide Help or Discuss Something Valuable !! Though I guess we need to be more Professional Guys in a Priceless Place like this since Community means "to Communicate & Show Up" LOL not to take a Sneak !!:biggrin:

Hope you can Understand me guys & sorry if Im offensive,its just I noticed something that existed Long time ago in all Forums known around the Web & became a Habit so Lets be a bit Different from others !! :tongue:

Have a Nice Day & NJoy the Weekend !! :top:

Ostracized
14.06.08, 14:41
You have to consider the bad side of it too....the massive SPAM that this might get us. Better for someone to not reply if has nothing valueable, worthy or constructive to say, than useless posts starting to flood the forum ;)

shoulder
14.06.08, 14:52
And there are topics in which it's not easy to answer.

For example threads containing a tutorial. There you can only reply if you know how to improve something or something isn't working, because we don't want posts only containing "Thank you", therefor is the THX-Button or the Renommee System. So it's clear such a thread will have a lot more views then replies

Aurion
14.06.08, 15:21
Guys plz try to understand what I mean exactly with this Topic,I meant to advert members with very Low Posts Counter who just joined this Forum coz they came across it by coinsidence & not being active again Or members who just look for tools,tip & tweaks then just read the Topic & apply the tweak without even saying "Thank You Topic Writer" or even discussing other ways to apply this Tweak !! Just Snatch & Run away !! Just meant that members should be more active in ways or Discussing/Replying/Sharing Usefull Infos !!

@ Ostracized :

Because being active in a Forum is not like just checking Topics out without even contributing to them with Simple Words as a Reply to the Topic's Owner who already started that Topic at the first place to either Provide Help or Discuss Something Valuable !!

Read Carefully Guys !! :top:

shoulder
14.06.08, 15:25
just read the Topic & apply the tweak without even saying "Thank You Topic Writer"

Like I already said:
For this there's the THX-Button. :wink:
We don't want posts only containing THX.

But in general you're right, here are a lot of "dead members".

Aurion
14.06.08, 15:29
Like I already said:
For this there's the THX-Button. :wink:
We don't want posts only containing THX.

But in general you're right, here are a lot of "dead members".

For Sure Shoulder I didnt mean the ONLY "Thank You" reply which is Sick to see Flooding Replies,instead I meant the Communication & Discussion of Useful Topics & Realistic Ones (Chit Chat in Chill & Fun Section) to make the expression "Community" happens !! Anyway,Hope to see more active people around here,it would be awesome !! :top:

hitman
14.06.08, 16:03
Guys plz try to understand what I mean exactly with this Topic,I meant to advert members with very Low Posts Counter who just joined this Forum coz they came across it by coinsidence & not being active again Or members who just look for tools,tip & tweaks then just read the Topic & apply the tweak without even saying "Thank You Topic Writer" or even discussing other ways to apply this Tweak !! Just Snatch & Run away !! Just meant that members should be more active in ways or Discussing/Replying/Sharing Usefull Infos !!

i think that user with 0 posts have on the main page an advert that they have written nothing i have to look i remember that we had something like this.

but it is quite difficult you cant force someone to be active. i know that other forums just delete let us say after 30 days inactive user would this be a good solution? would they come back after we banned them?

it would be great if most of our registred member would write something but actually on every forum that i know only a little percent is active. the intension of the credit system is that a user give the forum a contribution in form of at least 2 posts and in exchange they get credits to download mods but like everything there are positiv and negative aspects:biggrin:

anyway we are still collecting suggestions on how to enhance the forum:top:

Aurion
14.06.08, 17:27
but it is quite difficult you cant force someone to be active. i know that other forums just delete let us say after 30 days inactive user would this be a good solution? would they come back after we banned them?

LOL hitman !! Im not offending inactive members nor suggesting to Prune them for their inactivity !! I was just try to Enhance the activity of this Community by talking to members & encourage them to speak out !! :rolleyes2:

I could use a little Help & Support here you know :biggrin:

hitman
14.06.08, 17:37
maybe i understood the whole topic wrong lol

i think it is a good idea to clean my posts that are wrong in place :D

anon
14.06.08, 18:11
it would be great if most of our registred member would write something but actually on every forum that i know only a little percent is active. the intension of the credit system is that a user give the forum a contribution in form of at least 2 posts and in exchange they get credits to download mods but like everything there are positiv and negative aspects:biggrin:

i think the CS does work, i could count the amount of spam posts i have seen with my fingers :top:

or maybe people don't even think about spamming with the mod team we have :klatsch_3:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 20:23
think the CS does work, i could count the amount of spam posts i have seen with my fingers

Cs is a great idea regarding hit and run. people would just come here and download the files and leave if we dont a sytem like this in this community.everyone should participate , thats what make a great sites so thats everyone could post their opinion of the matter. their are to much forums out their nowadays with large users that does not even post or even they do, they only post single words just to have a post ..
at least here is spam post is moderated