PDA

View Full Version : Turn XP Home Into XP Pro With Just a Click !!

Aurion
13.06.08, 13:50
Well,first of all Hi There Guys !! Just wanted to blow this Tip Up coz im sure you will all like it !! Dont Worry anymore about what XP Home or Pro do just try Both of them.....!!!! :biggrin:

Step By Step Tutorial :

Note: If your Windows XP CD does not contain Service Pack 2, you might want to Slipstream Your Windows XP CD first as you will not be able to upgrade an installation after using the CD.

1. Copy the root directory and the i386 directory of the WindowsXP CD to your hard drive.
2. Extract the Bootsector of your Windows XP CD. You can use :

BBIE - Bart's Boot Image Extractor (http://www.nu2.nu/bbie/)

to do this.
3. Click START-->RUN-->REGEDIT
4. Highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
5. Click FILE-->LOAD HIVE and select the Setupreg.hiv file
This file is located in the i386 folder. Use the one you extracted to your hard drive from your Windows XP CD.
6. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Homekey\ControlSet001\Services\ setupdd
7. Edit the DEFAULT key and change the following values:
01 to 00
02 to 00
8. Change the name to the value HOMEKEY to anything.
9. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Homekey\ControlSet001\Services\ setupdd
Edit the DEFAULT key and change the following values:
01 to 00
02 to 00
10. Highlight HOMEKEY and select FILE-->UNLOAD HIVE
You can now burn the data on your hard drive to a CD to make a new Windows XP CD. Then use the CD to install Windows XP. Be sure to make the CD bootable.

The weird thing is your Windows XP Home serial will still be valid. :shockkk!:

Just NJoy XP BugZ !!! :top:

anon
13.06.08, 15:40
just change a few bytes and xp home goes pro... probably winxp professional is the same thing with these bytes changed :biggrin:

also then what are pro *.??_ files doing in the xp cd then? :tongue: they were probably expecting someone to come up with this...

Aurion
13.06.08, 16:07
just change a few bytes and xp home goes pro... probably winxp professional is the same thing with these bytes changed :biggrin:

also then what are pro *.??_ files doing in the xp cd then? :tongue: they were probably expecting someone to come up with this...

LOOOL yeah you bet on that,lets see if I can make the same happens in Vista CD :tongue:

anon
13.06.08, 17:28
vista will surely be little more difficult so good luck :top:
please post here if you were able to hack it! :wink:

Aurion
13.06.08, 19:24
vista will surely be little more difficult so good luck :top:
please post here if you were able to hack it! :wink:

Well,yeah for sure it would take some time to get inside !! but let me tell you a Vista quote "Vista is like the Pretty Girl in School,she is Hot but got no Personality" :tongue:

zatoicchi
13.06.08, 19:39
is there any known issues when you do this..will try it out on my laptop..Hopefully all goes well:biggrin:

anon
13.06.08, 19:42
but let me tell you a Vista quote "Vista is like the Pretty Girl in School,she is Hot but got no Personality" :tongue:

i know another one:

the box said "needs windows vista or better." so i installed linux

:klatsch_3:

Aurion
13.06.08, 20:07
is there any known issues when you do this..will try it out on my laptop..Hopefully all goes well:biggrin:

Notthing would harm you OS,you are as if installing a new OS :biggrin:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 05:35
works real well , easy as 1,2,3 ..the changes went without a glitch..thanks reppy..all programs and settings stayed the same..

Aurion
14.06.08, 12:40
works real well , easy as 1,2,3 ..the changes went without a glitch..thanks reppy..all programs and settings stayed the same..

nice to hear that my friend !! :top: inform me if help needed :smile: