PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief Faces High Court Anti-Piracy Action

anon
12.06.08, 19:55
After the police arrest citizens for minor copyright infringements that allegedly took place on OiNK, they now face their own anti-piracy woes. Chief Constable Steve Finnigan is accused by the music industry of copyright infringement and now faces High Court action. Police pirates - who would have imagined it?

Police Chief Faces High Court Anti-Piracy Action | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/police-chief-faces-high-court-anti-piracy-action-120608/)

funny isn't it? :tongue:

zatoicchi
12.06.08, 20:30
thats funnee ,the official are probably all the mastermind behind all this trackers

Aurion
13.06.08, 13:56
LOL They Busted his a$$ finally :biggrin: I guess Justice is Sharp as Blade !!

Next Time maybe they will find Copywrite Positions @ The Head Court's Place :tongue:

P.S @ zatoicchi: Nice Quote Buddy :top:

Pickle
13.06.08, 14:06
he was there because he was investigating it. lol

CoreCore
13.06.08, 14:08
Ha, interesting to see a officer in court for this same bull that the little guys gets pulled into at times. I really don't get why the IRAA think that us DL music is bad for them. If they really look at there sales it's gone up b/c ppl can listen to the music b4 buying it and make sure they like it and see if it's worth paying 20 bucks for. Hell, i don't buy full albums b/c most of the time i only like a few tracks on an album anyway.

Also, what about all the legal pay music sites out there, that is how music should be made for sell now a-days anyway. I rather pay a buck or so for a few of my song i like than 20 for over half i don't.

Aurion
13.06.08, 16:05
he was there because he was investigating it. lol

let him investigate how Boring is a Boxed Cell Room is !! :biggrin:

Manas
13.06.08, 20:11
Indeed very funny.... :klatsch_3:

Anyway, I think we shouldn't be too hostile towards the police chief. He didn't choose to arrest filesharers on his own. It's just his job. Maybe he even found himself in a very uncomfortable position when he had to arrest filesharers.

I also remember to have read an article where police officers told a newspaper that they don't reckon filesharers to be criminals and that they will only arrest them reluctantly....

So what my main point is: I would really feel happy if an important RIAA member had been sued :eek13:
since I think that these people are the real bad guys :biggrin:

zatoicchi
13.06.08, 20:30
So what my main point is: I would really feel happy if an important RIAA member had been sued
since I think that these people are the real bad guys

i would like to see that happen, can you imagine the media it will be all over the world. the publicity along will kill them, if they found out that one of their Ceo is distributing illegal copies..that would be a big headlines.

anon
13.06.08, 20:39
"so let's see... you had some tracks in your shared folder, so that's gonna be $10^19, let's also add a few million dollars because i feel like it... i couldn't spend all this money before i died even if i wanted. err you have 10 seconds to decide how to pay and do so *gun cocking sound*" :mad2:

what'd be cool = filesharers receiving the money the riaa has more than once managed to get from them after suing if what zatoicchi said happened :cool2:

Aurion
14.06.08, 12:29
If a Major trading group like RIAA that represents the U.S. recording industry has to overcome its members weaknesses in sharing Legitimate Recordings/Productions that RIAA known for protecting & supporting all over the world then I guess a Partner Group in the BIG alliance would cause a drawback in the Market since Legal Piracy Sharing became a Vital headline in all news around the world !! They just have to leave a thin clue to Book them a Case Date in the U.S federal court :biggrin: