PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9.50 Final

Ostracized
12.06.08, 14:53
The new version of Opera is out, with a too big changelog to post it here, so i'll link it

Changelog Here (http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windows/950/)

Download Here (http://www.opera.com/download/)

anon
12.06.08, 15:56
lots of betas and RCs but now we have the final... :biggrin:

huge changelog indeed. i'll update when i get home, hope nothing breaks :top:

Pickle
12.06.08, 17:23
best acid 3 test result goes for Opera 9.5 even better than FF RC3.

zatoicchi
12.06.08, 19:38
woo all the good programs are coming out fast

anon
12.06.08, 20:23
i'm now a happy O 9.50 user :biggrin:

if you want to have a look at how the UI looks (at least using the native skin):

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8638/op950yt3.th.png

i have tweaked up my interface a little, for example removed the zoom % and show images toggler that's in the status bar in the original native ui :cool2:

the new version feels overall a notch more faster, i'd need some time to test it out... if you want the 1 and 2 keys to move back and forth between pages like in op 9.2 go to options -> advanced -> hotkeys and set your keyboard setup to "opera 9.2 compatible"

zatoicchi
12.06.08, 20:27
anon,thanks for the screenshot ..i must try the the new version..i use opera before but i had to go with firefox cause it was easy to manage..

anon
12.06.08, 20:35
i have used firefox in the past but i switched to opera after hearing it was faster (i have a relatively slow cpu so this was true ^^). for me opera handles better (because i have been using it for more time :tongue:), and is bit more faster when it comes to page rendering, cpu and ram usage.

but FF is open source and there's a lot of add-ons for it :biggrin:

czullo
12.06.08, 20:52
Opera is great but it is not supportet by many sites for example bet-at-home.com ( live score ) and many many more. Firefox is supported and working great on all sites i know.

Aurion
13.06.08, 16:12
Its Been a way long time since Ive last used such a nice Broweser but instead im a fancey Firefox User !! Thnx Ostracized for this nice tool :top:

anon
13.06.08, 17:25
reppy, you like the new opera? :smile: i can give you some tips to make it faster :top:

zatoicchi
13.06.08, 19:34
just tried opera 9.5 big difference from the old version..security is more secure but still i prefer FF

rufus0815
13.06.08, 20:12
wow the default skin is just great

faster, cooler, better and finally a stable amd64 version for Linux :)
Really nice

Perry
13.06.08, 22:05
I am still using Version 8.01 :shockkk!:
It seems to be time to try the new final, but I didn't like the 9er version so far.

Ostracized
26.06.08, 13:35
Opera 9.51 RC1 is already out.

Added option to toggle mouse flips, and decoupled them from the mouse gesture setting again
Fixed drag/drop of tabs - always drop the address
Fixed menus on deviantart.com
Fixed TinyMCE 2.1.x editor
Feeds now show the first time you subscribe
Fixed crash when printing chat
64-bit linux is back

Source and Download HERE (http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2008/06/25/opera-9-51-rc-1)

Im waiting for the final :wink:

anon
26.06.08, 15:39
Opera 9.51 RC1 is already out.

when 9.50 has practically just been released :biggrin:
i think i'd better wait for O 10 :wink2:

Ostracized
26.06.08, 15:44
I think they were in a hurry to release the version to come faster than FF3. Cause as we see in the changelog they are all fixes.

zatoicchi
26.06.08, 19:52
it's always a rat race, everyone wants to release their software first.that's how it is..would not be surprise if microsoft release a new internet explorer

anon
26.06.08, 21:23
would not be surprise if microsoft release a new internet explorer

ie8 is on the way... :tongue:

i tried the beta and it couldn't be slower (or maybe i just didn't get used to the UI too much ^^); plus it creates a new IEXPLORE.EXE instance for each tab you open. having 10-15 IEs running at the same time uses some ram :eek13:

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 04:44
IE 8 is out gee, have not used ie for so long i did not evenknoe its out already.. i guess im going to update my 1E7.

anon
27.06.08, 13:25
IE 8 is out gee,

it is in development as far as i know...

or has the final ver been released? :tongue:

anyway according microsoft it won't even pass the acid3 test (they said that themselves) xD

zatoicchi
28.06.08, 02:26
i guess its pointless for me to update it then(IE8), if desperate enough i will but not anytime soon..happy with opera 9.5 as backup

vDD+wR
29.06.08, 12:03
i'm using the new opera version too. very easy to use and, thank god, very customizable.
only thing i don't like is the new default theme. the windows native one looks far better i think :rolleyes2:

plus it creates a new IEXPLORE.EXE instance for each tab you open.

as it was said earlier it is still a BETA version, and so i'm very sure they are aware of this porblem to, so that it (hopefully) won't use much more memory than the IE7.

i tried the beta and it couldn't be slower

what was exactly so slow when you tried it? i haven't so far, but i thought the user interface is similar to the IE7!?

greetz

anon
29.06.08, 18:13
only thing i don't like is the new default theme. the windows native one looks far better i think :rolleyes2:

yes i like the native theme too, it's a bit less cluttered... and uses less memory :biggrin:

as it was said earlier it is still a BETA version, and so i'm very sure they are aware of this porblem to, so that it (hopefully) won't use much more memory than the IE7.

hopefully so it will be, because that huge memory usage is impossible to overlook ^^

what was exactly so slow when you tried it? i haven't so far, but i thought the user interface is similar to the IE7!?

well it takes like 5-10 seconds to open at full 100% cpu usage, unlike older versions of IE... and using the menus (with all window and menu animations disabled), opening new tabs and page rendering make the UI lag :/

zatoicchi
29.06.08, 21:15
opera made a lot a progress in the recents years at least they are improving the software and becoming more manageable..would not be surprise if the main appz is FF and Opera for the internet users

vDD+wR
30.06.08, 11:13
opening new tabs and page rendering make the UI lag :/

wanted to try it out for myself too, but after this, I think I wait for the rc1 at least before I mess up my lovely xp with it :wink:
I hope you uninstalled it right away, after that "nice" experience... :biggrin:

anon
30.06.08, 13:38
wanted to try it out for myself too, but after this, I think I wait for the rc1 at least before I mess up my lovely xp with it :wink:

that's right, you're better off at waiting :wink:

I hope you uninstalled it right away, after that "nice" experience... :biggrin:

installed it in my test windows setup... removing it would have been a waste of time :tongue: so i just made opera@usb my default browser for all protocols and filetypes :klatsch_3: