PDA

View Full Version : Past experiences/good moments/memories you have of P2P

anon
08.06.08, 18:56

Aurion
09.06.08, 18:53
Well,it all began when I listened first time in my life to Electronic Music (including old school techno,electro house & for sure Trance) that this is my life time music that I will listen to foreva !! didnt know what to download,where to download from nor what to exactly listen to !!! :stupid: anyway,as I always said to myself "Google Is Your Friend" :biggrin: and it was a real good friend,the first forum that I visited ever was called "tranceaddict" which was & still a famous community for good new talents so I started from there listening to random personal mixes & shitty home-made music but it was like "WTF am I doing ??" :icon_angry[1]: so I started searching deeper & spending more & more time catching good sites & sourced for downloading fine electronic music using p2ps (used ares for a while too :biggrin:),torrents & direct links & so on.....Then untill I found a nice forum where a large number of people are sharing new DVD movies which were hard to get by then !! Anyway,it was a long long journey of searching & jumping through multiple web pages till I got the skill to find what I want now (not all especially in PC stuff/errors/bugs/mods) !! :top:

Love This Spot !! :rolling_eyes:
Reppy

Gapo
26.12.10, 22:25
Haha bump. Look at all the smilies! Failz.

anon
26.12.10, 22:26
Yeah, things were different back then.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Looks like you have nothing useful to say, by the way. :unsure:

Gapo
26.12.10, 22:49
It's off topic. What is constructive here? :huh:

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Got no answer? :top: Mwuaha

caballero
26.12.10, 22:57
Looks like you have nothing useful to say, by the way. :unsure:

It's off topic. What is constructive here? :huh:

The bold words are not similar, at least according to anon's dictionary.

I gave up on ed2k network in 2003 because the speed was so low (I had a 300sthng kbps modem) and I was mainly looking for games. At that time I didn't know what to do with the cue/bin files! so I just forgot about the whole thing. I bought some of the stuff I need and kept looking for direct links to get them. I moved to bittorrent after a few years, used public ones and then moved to private ones after seeing a screenshot of mratio which landed me here. And here I am, writing my short useless story in the best forum ever!

Extraterrestrial
26.12.10, 23:25
Haha bump. Look at all the smilies! Failz.

hahaha
I counted them.
19 FREAKING smiles :10:

anon
26.12.10, 23:26
Stuff

Thanks.

Apparently Gapo and ET have nothing to tell us. :unsure:

C3PO
26.12.10, 23:49
Well, I was born in a pirate country, so I was aware since I was a little kid that u can get stuff for free on the Inet. And there it goes: the first pirated cd bought form the store, the first downloaded mp3 with 8KB/s off the FTP of my ISP, and there comes BitTorrent, somewhere in the early 2000s with arenabg.com and torrent.linkos.bg (the old name of zamunda). I hated them at the beginning, the whole bittorrent system was too obscure to me, but with the time I started to like it...I still prefer FTPs though :)

Gapo
26.12.10, 23:52
Thanks.
Use the thanks button!

Apparently Gapo and ET have nothing to tell us. :unsure:

That isn't constructive either :schaemdich:

anon
26.12.10, 23:54
Use the thanks button!

:SC12:

Extraterrestrial
26.12.10, 23:56
A smile isn't a valid response either.

Instab
27.12.10, 00:31
A smile isn't a valid response either.

hehe, one of a few privileges of a mod :D

caballero
27.12.10, 01:17
hehe, one of a few privileges of a mod :D

Talking about privileges, do advanced users+ have the ability to hide the edit post message?

anon
27.12.10, 01:23
Talking about privileges, do advanced users+ have the ability to hide the edit post message?

You mean the "last edited by caballero, ..." edit note at the bottom?

If so, no.

Instab
27.12.10, 01:46
do advanced users+ have the ability to hide the edit post message?

that's a very important feature because that message dös also indiciate an editing history which is very useful if there is any kind of problem with a member. that gös for all userclasses except two which i can't tell :P
anyway unless you're staff you can't avoid it.

desodorante
28.12.10, 13:44
I also remember the good old dial up times. I remember when we had free dial up ISPs (the 0-610 kind which was like a "cheaper" phone rate), I used Starmedia until it just disappeared. Then I used a regular free ISP (Alternativa gratis!) and then switched to another little known, fast free ISP: FreedomNet (sponsored by a national technology TV show which had a somewhat decent hacker). Later I opened a paid 0-610 account with a random credit card number in an ISP that simply forgot to add a verification process for credit cards.
I also remember Napster and Audiogalaxy, EasyWarez...sniff
And probably the best P2P related memory I have was the time that I found some guy in DC++ that had hundreds of weapons' and planes' user manuals...I downloaded my favorite: the SR-71 Blackbird Pilot guide!!

anon
28.12.10, 17:45
I used Starmedia until it just disappeared.

Gratis1, right? Had it for a short while, also. Even got a T-shirt from them. :wsmile:

piratemeister
28.12.10, 20:30
Very interesting off topic post !

desodorante
03.01.11, 13:44
Gratis1, right? Had it for a short while, also. Even got a T-shirt from them. :wsmile:

LOL Yes I believe that was the user/pass...oh the memories! You just can't imagine the things I did to have internet! :P With the help of a friend we even tried to hack his building's phone lines (that is to cut the cables and plug them to a modem) and then we realized we were just f-ing up with the entrance intercom!! XD
Oh and I had an "extension cord" for the phone so I could connect with my PC at my room...that is if by extension cord you understand "a handful of pieces of cable taped together with scotch tape and a soldered phone jack taken from an old modem". Man we were so fucking poor back then...

anon
03.01.11, 17:59
LOL Yes I believe that was the user/pass...oh the memories! You just can't imagine the things I did to have internet! :P With the help of a friend we even tried to hack his building's phone lines (that is to cut the cables and plug them to a modem) and then we realized we were just f-ing up with the entrance intercom!! XD

:lol:

Oh and I had an "extension cord" for the phone so I could connect with my PC at my room...that is if by extension cord you understand "a handful of pieces of cable taped together with scotch tape and a soldered phone jack taken from an old modem". Man we were so fucking poor back then...

Necessity puts wit to work. Apparently, you did well.

anon
21.07.16, 06:54
First song I downloaded from Kazaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjuAYCnIgeM

First song I downloaded from eMule:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPon8lr48U

First song I downloaded from Ares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

anon
21.07.16, 07:09
desodorante, if you still read this forum...

1. check this out: Cuántos ańos vive una página web? (http://n3ri.com.ar/2012/02/cuantos-anos-vive-una-pagina-web/). I was a member at El Sitio and visited them regularly. That place simply disappeared; I would guess they couldn't stay afloat after 2001, but I have zero idea of what actually happened.

2. do we still have any free dial-up providers? I have a USB 56K modem I want to test... :unsure: Back in the day, even Boca Juniors and Yahoo had their own, and toll-free access (as seen in the following screenshot) was my dream.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16726

SomeGuy
21.07.16, 15:28
I met one of my most memorable ex-GFs while this song was playing in a small bar when I visited South America a few years ago. This song has a special place in my heart now. Good memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic