PDA

View Full Version : Next round of Microsoft 'Patch Tuesday' addresses Bluetooth problem

zatoicchi
07.06.08, 12:10
On its next "Patch Tuesday," slated for June 10, Microsoft plans to release seven security fixes, including three critical updates."

According to Microsoft's Security Bulletin Advance Notification for June, the fixes will also include three important updates and one classified by Microsoft as moderate. The three critical updates are aimed at vulnerabilities in Windows -- as well as one in the Internet Explorer (IE) browser -- that permit code execution with the use of DirectX, IE, and Bluetooth.

The browser fix is for IE 5.01 through IE 7 running on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. The Bluetooth fix is aimed at vulnerabilities associated with the way the wireless protocol works with various components of Windows XP, Vista, and Server 2003 operating systems.

Aside from those critical updates, the four other updates are also concerned with remote code execution on Windows. And of course, there's the monthly edition of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Users can register now on Microsoft TechNet to take part in a Webcast that will be held on June 11 to answer questions about the new security fixes. After that date, the Webcast will be available on demand

BetaNews | Next round of Microsoft 'Patch Tuesday' addresses Bluetooth problem (http://www.betanews.com/article/Next...lem/1212789963)

Aurion
14.06.08, 17:51
lol !! Microsoft always do Fixes all the times but none of them was able to get Xp to be nearly 90% stable !! on the other hand,vista was a big mess tho,they are just cutting their loses !! :cool2:

anon
14.06.08, 19:46
hey, my xp is pretty much stable :smile: just be careful with what you install and don't give too many SYS files a lot of control, had nasty "random" crashes with that :tongue:

Aurion
14.06.08, 22:12
hey, my xp is pretty much stable :smile: just be careful with what you install and don't give too many SYS files a lot of control, had nasty "random" crashes with that :tongue:

LOL !! nah dont worry about me Buddy,I know how to keep my OS Way Much Stable !! :biggrin: Its Just that I Think the Truely Microsoft's Masterpiece was Win 98 (IMO),was a decent OS with almost no Bugs (except the Third Party Ones which were sort of easy to handle). :wink:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 22:22
mine xp is pretty stable also, been using this modified version for almost 3yrs now without a glitch..anyway if somthing happen i could always to system restore

anon
14.06.08, 22:32
i don't use a modified version but have most likely applied every stability and speed tweak and trick out there :biggrin: and removed a lot of stuff; i use ERUNT instead of sys restore which is disabled because it's the same but takes less HDD space, and makes a registry backup daily so that i don't forget :tongue:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 22:35
hey anon how good is erunt?is it a free software?

anon
15.06.08, 00:38
it is completely free and an extremely valuable piece of software... you can find its homepage here (http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/)

during setup it will ask you whether to place an erunt autobackup shortcut in the startup folder so that every day, on first windows start-up a registry copy is made. i recommend you tell it to do so so that you're fully protected :wink:
backups are placed in the C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT (yes, erDnt). you can delete them manually as you go or add for example the /days:7 command-line parameter to the shortcut so that only the last seven autobackups are kept :smile:

zatoicchi
15.06.08, 11:12
a very small file, only 772KB just downloaded it and will test .will be very usefull for my laptop,always wanted another option for system backup..

Aurion
15.06.08, 11:25
@ anon :

Nice Move Buddy,Grabbing Backups is always usefull,they seem to be handy in times of crisis !! :tongue: