PDA

View Full Version : Wo finde ich die standard windows sounds?

Bluebite
26.05.08, 19:40
Mein Problem ist folgendes:
Ich habe mir ein neues Betriebssystem Installiert.

Windows XP Professional
Diese ist nich ganz "normal" da es sich um eine etwas modifizierte version handelt, mit einigen extras usw handelt ^^

allerdings habe ich ein problem, weil sämtliche windows sounds die standardmäßig im klangprofil von windows sind auch entfernt wurden.

kann ich diese sounds irgendwo im internet oder sonstwo finden???

mfg
Bluebite

anon
26.05.08, 21:10
hope i understood well. online translator ftw :smile:

basically he'd need someone to export his HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents registry key to a .reg file for him, and the "windows xp <insert event here>.wav" sounds you can find at C:\windows\media.

therefore he'd place the sounds in that same folder, merge the REG, go to control panel -> audio and sound devices -> "sounds" tab, pick the "windows default" scheme, press OK and done... :tongue:

i'd give you my media files and reg, but the WAV filenames are localized (= trouble with chars like á é ó etc...) and for some reason paths wouldn't be saved in the REG file, but blank stuff... :frown:

sorry for posting in english in the german forum... wanted to give a hand :smile:

Rebound
26.05.08, 21:18
sorry for posting in english in the german forum... wanted to give a hand :smile:

English in german forum is allowed (because english is the world language :cool2:), german in english forum not. :wink:

best regards

Rebound

Bluebite
26.05.08, 21:36

No problem ^^

My problem is: i dont have the sounds they are needed for the "windows default" scheme ...

I already changed it to default, but nothing changes ... thats why i need the sounds ^^

okay this is not a terrible problem ... it works without sounds too, but i would find it not bad if i could get the sounds back :wink:

shoulder
26.05.08, 21:39
Schau mal in dein Postfach. :wink:

anon
26.05.08, 22:45
No problem ^^

My problem is: i dont have the sounds they are needed for the "windows default" scheme ...

I already changed it to default, but nothing changes ... thats why i need the sounds ^^

so you already have the soundscheme recorded in your registry :smile:

what windows lang are you using? if it's german windows, you'd need someone with german win too to pass you the files from his C:\windows\media folder; if you have english windows i have uploaded the english-named WAVs for you (http://rapidshare.com/files/117842935/xp_sounds.zip.html) :biggrin:

edit: seems shoulder has already e-mailed them to you :biggrin: well, the link will work for everyone who doesn't have winxp's soundfiles and wants them :tongue:

Bluebite
26.05.08, 23:00
I Love This Forum!!!

Grat support Thanx ^^

EDIT: I have another question: where can I activate the Auto-Run for CD's?

shoulder
26.05.08, 23:09
Rechtsklick auf das Laufwerk und dann Eigenschaften.
Dann unter dem Reiter Auto-Run/ Play.

Versuchs mal damit. :wink:

anon
26.05.08, 23:20
if that doesn't work for you, autorun/play may be disabled through policies\explorer. use this small app (http://rapidshare.com/files/117850237/EnableAutoPlay.exe.html) to re-enable it :smile:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1516/autoplaysz2.gif

sets the famous NoDriveTypeAutorun value :tongue:

Bluebite
27.05.08, 16:14
Thank you very much anon ^^ the tool works perfectly!

Thank you too, shoulder ^^