PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United win Champions League Final

Drulo
22.05.08, 03:32
Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1 (Manchester United win 6-5 on penalties)

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/may2008/1/9/0D8675E6-B80F-E7C0-86F016CDEE44396B.jpg

The joy and the heartbreak, the agony and the ecstasy.

And having come within a single kick of the greatest prize, one nightmare instant when the ground went from under John Terry's feet to deny him the moment he has craved all his life summed up the brutal difference between winning and losing the one that matters most.

Last night, as the rain teemed down on the Luzhniki Stadium, Avram Grant looked set to show he was the Special One, Sir Alex Ferguson appeared on the verge of suffering a defeat which might have haunted all his days.

Terry had walked up like Michael Ballack, Juliano Belletti, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole before him, ready to make Cristiano Ronaldo pay for his own solitary weakness by planting the ball past Edwin Van Der Sar and claiming the Champions League.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

Maybe Terry would not have been taking it had Didier Drogba's stupidity not seen him pick up the most needless red card you will ever see.

We will never really know and still it would have been the fairytale finish, the perfect end, exultation for Terry and Grant, whose Blues future seems bleak.

in Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/05/21/manchester-united-win-champions-league-final-89520-20425085/)

Rebound
22.05.08, 11:50
Please post next time copied text with the "Quote" function.

back to topic: I think manchester have very luck that they have won the match. I was for chealsa, and very funny that ronaldo donīt shoot the ball in the goal. :biggrin:

Ostracized
22.05.08, 12:33
Didnt like the match at all, and yeah lol @ ronaldo

thereupemi
24.05.08, 20:47
damn i wanna Chelsea to win, i put money on them, damn lost 50 dollar

rotzbua
25.05.08, 13:47
lol it wasn't the greatest game but it was interesting an with a lot niveau and tactics

yoco
25.05.08, 18:22
Great game. Man Utd deservedly won.