PDA

View Full Version : [IP Filter] P2PFire 1.4 Beta (English version)

anon
22.05.08, 02:10
SB-Innovation Presents

>>>>>> P2PFire 1.4 Beta (English version) <<<<<<

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=18871

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Coded by:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> ModMa (http://p2pfire.sourceforge.net/) <<<<<<

Modded by:

>>>>>> anon <<<<<<

Changelog / Features:

(Quoted from the official English site)

The Idea:
- The driver is a super firewall, so that you understand it, it is similar to P2PHazard or Peerguadian, but working as a firewall, it does not consume excessive resources of memory, and it does not consume CPU hardly (usually 0%)
- Its main function resides in protecting as much to the system, of entrance incoming or outoding packets affected in blocklist, blocking totally in all the protocols
- Also it allows total protection (optionally) against NetBios
- Allows to choose that protocols are not desired to be filtered (does not affect NetBios)
- the protection that offers against these equipment is at level of Stealth - Now it supports a format I specify (expanded Guarding.P2P) to filter protocols and ports selectively (TCP and UDP)
- Full written in C/C++ (Visual C .Net 2003) no uses MFC (firewall driver in C, application in C++)
- Designed por Windows 2000, XP, 2003 & XP 2003 x64 edition

How works P2PFire?
- Its engine that filter by indexes, based in a firewall driver 32/64 bits plataforms does of this application is powerful and trustworthy
- The engine searches all the packets of the adapters finding mathes, between ranks of ips, ports and protocols
- The filters of white & black lists are in format of: ipfilter of emule and guarding of peerguardian
- Uses too a expanded format that alow ports & protocols
- The capacity is 0.1% CPU (over 100.000 filters by 20 packets per second) in a AMD 64 3000+
- Don't busy the system and does not consume excessive memory
- It works at API-HOOK level (kernel driver)
- It does not require installation, does not contaminate the system, easy execution, it does not contain spyware or similars
- The difference of its competitors is the full statistic of blocking, controls in real time all the activity of the communications

Why use P2PFire?
At last times, Internet was not as aggressive as before, now what it is in the network, they are worms, virus, attacks of hackers, vulnerabilities of the operating system...
The program this oriented to be used in programs of type P2P: emule, bitorrent, etc.
But too it is very useful for servers/network administrators, who need an amplie range of IP filters, or to protect the system, to block the access on different attacks from Internet.
At the moment this guaranteeing by numerous forums and webs dedicated to the security.

Why join now this project in sourceforge?
It already does just 1 year from the birth of the project that was closed the P2PHazard community.
My intention is that everybody participates (all world) in addition to the P2PHazard community, that people can integrate the filter API at programs P2P or security systems (very easy), besides to make portable to other operating systems (this demanding for the platform linux)
Another reason is the continuation of the project that also uses this engine: P2PHazard 2.0 helping the developers to access to sources in real time.
In addition in the future it will be multilanguage (at the moment in Spanish)

Present Funcionability 1.3:
- Easy Installation/Desinstalacion (it does not need to reset PC)
- Configurable (connections Web, logs, NetBios)
- Summarized Log of all the blokeos and approximate consumption of memory
- Shutdown and restarting
- It is possible to be closed without problems (it does not need to reinitiate the PC)
- Information of the state with a system of intelligent refreshment
- Blockade Optional of NetBios and allows to open the way by means of WhiteList
- Consumption of rondante CPU to 0%! (in addition it informs into the consumption)
- Capacity to diminish to the bar of tasks, always showing the TrayIcon
- The BlockLists (BlackLists) and WhiteLists can be used but popular, with an algorithm that founds them and it optimizes them against repeated errors and
- Support of expanded Guarding.P2P
- And many other things but!

Limitations:
- It lacks automatic update, at the moment
- Basing on NT does not work in any operating system that not this (nonW9x)
- It does not work without adaptations in nonadministrative accounts
- Rarely it can fail the registry of driver giving code - 6, you can visit the forum to fix this seeing the FAQ (or other related problems) in the P2PHazard comunity (spanish dedicated)

Installation and Use:
- Installation: to put p2pfire.exe and p2pfire.sys in some place where this guarding.p2p, block.p2p or ipfilter.dat and to execute p2pfire.exe in surroundings based on NT (2000/XP)

Responsibility:
- The author (ModMa) does not become person in charge of the damages who can carry out this program, everyone is responsible when executing it if it harms the operating system.
I do not become person in charge of the use to which she is done to him to this program, everyone is responsible of which it makes with its equipment or the intention to which it is dedicated to him.

Mod Features

· English translation (about 70% done)
· included x64 driver for the 64-bit editions of Windows XP and Server 2003
· see 4623 for a tutorial and more information

One-step tutorial / How to get a lot of thanks / © 2013, The248

Hide some text pretending to be the password for the archive.

If you clicked Thanks hoping to see a password in here then the tutorial works, otherwise your support is welcome.

Rebound
22.05.08, 09:28
Please reupload your tool in the attachment. We will remove the rapidshare link in 24 hours.

Edit:// I´ve uploaded the tool in the attachment. If you wish that we add a credit-free link to your tool, let us know that. :wink:

Great work. :top:

best regards

Rebound

anon
22.05.08, 15:16
Edit:// I´ve uploaded the tool in the attachment. If you wish that we add a credit-free link to your tool, let us know that. :wink:

please do that, it's not like this is a mod or anything, doesn't deserve to take your credits away :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great work. :top:

hehe, glad to know you like it :smile: please try it and if you see anything wrong send me feedback :wink: will translate other stuff this weekend and i'll surely up the 100% done ver next week :smile:

edit: for some reason the stats will show up screwed (if at all) if i attempt to translate them, so i'll leave them in spanish :frown:. but the other stuff works fine and is mostly done :smile:

caspita
22.05.08, 15:17
Thx a lot :) , a question I must uninstall p2p guardian ?

anon
22.05.08, 15:21
Thx a lot :) , a question I must uninstall p2p guardian ?

if you don't want to use it anymore :biggrin:

as long as you don't run both at the same time (both progs' blocking drivers would collide) it should be OK :smile:

caspita
22.05.08, 15:27
if you don't want to use it anymore :biggrin:

as long as you don't run both at the same time (both progs' blocking drivers would collide) it should be OK :smile:

ok thx ... another question .... where i can find : guarding.p2p & block.p2p
ip filter i have it :)

CoreCore
22.05.08, 16:30
ok thx ... another question .... where i can find : guarding.p2p & block.p2p
ip filter i have it :)

I would suggest you use, Blocklist Manager. It will DL all the IP ranges you want and can convert them into any formate needed.

------------

and thanks Anon, for english Translation

caspita
22.05.08, 16:33
I would suggest you use, Blocklist Manager. It will DL all the IP ranges you want and can convert them into any formate needed.

------------

and thanks Anon, for english Translation

Okkk thx a lot for information :)

anon
22.05.08, 16:37
you only need at least one of them for the filtering to become active. i.e. as you have stated that you have ipfilter.dat you can use that :smile:

also to get PG's guarding.p2p go http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/ (http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/), download the p2p.php file, which is really a 7-zip compressed file (you'll need 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/) or winrar (http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm) to do so). inside it you can find a level1.txt file. extract it to p2pfire's folder, then rename it to "guarding.p2p" and you're good to go :smile:

you can also use multiple filter files at the same time (i.e. g.p2p + IPF.dat) but that isn't recommended

Dagon
23.05.08, 14:40
Config sent to driver: OK
Error while getting lines from guarding.p2p
Error while getting lines from ipfilter.dat
Error while getting lines from block.p2p
Fatal error: couldn't get lines from any filter.
A fatal error occured: line 278, file .FireObj.cpp
- Filtering engine stopped -Stop filtering: OK

weiß einer was das soll? danke

Mfg Dagon

anon
23.05.08, 15:05
you need to have a guarding.p2p file (PG format, i have already posted where you can get peerguardian's official blocklist above) or an ipfilter.dat (these are easy to get but make sure you have a trusted, up-to-date one) in the same folder where p2pfire is...

anon
23.05.08, 23:19
sorry for dual post...

i have finished with everything but the stats... attempting to translate them results in weird output when you access them through the program so i'll leave them as is :frown:

i have upped this "beta" version (http://rapidshare.com/files/117100975/P2PFire-for-SB-I-BETA2.zip.html) to RS

can someone test it for me and tell me how things went? of course i have tested it myself, but i want some feedback before i release the "final" ver :smile:

also if you really want to know what the stats say use these images to guide yourself :smile::

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6714/p2pfire1xi8.gif

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5116/p2pfire2jb2.gif

i could also release the G.p2p i use... i have taken IPs with these desciptions from Peerguardian's official list:

* antip2p
* baytsp
* cogent
* fakes
* globix
* macrovision
* mediadefender
* mediaforce
* mpaa & riaa
* mediasentry
* safenet
* xeex

drzoos
23.05.08, 23:41
do I need this stuff if I don't want block any ip-range, but don't have firewall except cfosspeed's build-in firewall function (bad-pockets filter)?

anon
24.05.08, 00:17
no, you need a real firewall. the "fire" in p2pfire is because call it "practically a firewall" because it supports a format called "extended guarding.p2p", which allows you to block hosts and/or specific ports, but if you don't set it to block any IP range it won't do anything at all ("couldn't get lines from any filter, filtering engine stopped").

in short this is not a real firewall and won't protect you from outside attacks. for that purpose there are many personal firewalls out there ( a lot are even free :smile:). i also doubt CFS's "bad packet filter" can do too much for you... your best bet is to get a real FW :wink: if you're using windows xp, disable its integrated firewall, sometimes it can even do more harm than good as it only protects inbound connections :top:

CoreCore
24.05.08, 06:42
i will test it for you np... i will get back to you with info

abackos
16.07.08, 11:44
Personally, I prefere private trackers...but if somebody likes it try this also:

Torrent Search :: Torrent Finder :: Torrent Search Engine (http://torrent-finder.com)

very useful :D

hitman
16.07.08, 15:20
Personally, I prefere private trackers...but if somebody likes it try this also:

Torrent Search :: Torrent Finder :: Torrent Search Engine (http://torrent-finder.com)

i cant see how your post and this thread are related to each other

anon
16.07.08, 17:12

wrong thread? :tongue:

pepepepe
01.11.08, 17:04
Thanks anon,

I had stopped working the Spanish version. Daba mistake and crashed.

With your version in English and I have a working 3 hours without problems.

Cross your fingers and hope.

Thanks again

anon
01.11.08, 18:07
Thanks anon,

I had stopped working the Spanish version. Daba mistake and crashed.

With your version in English and I have a working 3 hours without problems.

Cross your fingers and hope.

Thanks again

That's strange, since P2PF is very well coded. What OS do yo use?

And the fact that my translation does work is more strange indeed, since all I did to the EXE was hex-editing its strings. :biggrin:

I hope my version works good for you. :smile:

EL REY
28.02.09, 23:49
How powerful is this firewall compare to the brand name ones?

anon
28.02.09, 23:50
This isn't really a firewall - it's an IP range blocker like PeerGuardian.

EL REY
05.03.09, 06:53
it's an IP range blocker like PeerGuardian.Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue what that even means.

Does it block your IP or blocks other IPs from getting in?

anon
05.03.09, 16:26
blocks other IPs from getting in?

Correct. :wink:

pillow
03.04.09, 17:46
i could also release the G.p2p i use... i have taken IPs with these desciptions from Peerguardian's official list:

* antip2p
* baytsp
* cogent
* fakes
* globix
* macrovision
* mediadefender
* mediaforce
* mpaa & riaa
* mediasentry
* safenet
* xeex
i would gladly accept your kind offer :wink2:..

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

hm, is there a way to disable http blocking?
i thought when connects to port 80 are ok, http is not filtered.

also when i tick "others" to not filtered some internet pages are still blocked, including this one ;)..

also the systray flashing is really annoying..

anon
03.04.09, 18:47
i would gladly accept your kind offer :wink2:..

Attached. :top: But remember that as time passes this list will go out of date.

hm, is there a way to disable http blocking?
i thought when connects to port 80 are ok, http is not filtered.

Enable "allow connections to ports 80 and 443".

also when i tick "others" to not filtered some internet pages are still blocked, including this one ;)..

That's to filter other protocols, not ports. Untick it!

also the systray flashing is really annoying..

Untick "flash traybar on event".

pillow
05.04.09, 20:47
thanks for the list!

connects to 80 & 443 is ticked.
it says "protocols you DONT want to filter" ergo i ticked it, when i untick this as you said i cannot use http..

still i does not seem to work here, http IS still filtered, i cannot connect to e.g.
tallemu com (home of online armor) because it seems to be on the 1level list i use.
and sb-innovation i also cant connect to when i use p2pfire??

anon
05.04.09, 20:50
it says "protocols you DONT want to filter" ergo i ticked it, when i untick this as you said i cannot use http..

It means Transport Layer protocols such as TCP, UDP, etc., not Application Layer ones like HTTP, FTP, ...

still i does not seem to work here, http IS still filtered, i cannot connect to e.g.
tallemu com (home of online armor) because it seems to be on the 1level list i use.
and sb-innovation i also cant connect to when i use p2pfire??

Even though configuration changes should take effect instantly, try restarting the program.

pillow
06.04.09, 05:36
no matter which config i try, i cannot visit tallemu's website unless p2pfire stops filtering.

anon
06.04.09, 16:55
Close P2PFire, ping Tallemu's site and write down the IP. Open guarding.p2p in Notepad, look for the line that's blocking it, and delete it.

Open P2PFire and you should now hopefully be able to access the site.

pillow
06.04.09, 21:32
hm no, then i stick to peerguardian for now.
tallemu was an example, dont want to whitelist sites everytime i cannot access a page.
seems a nice little app though, i'll try a next update..

anon
06.04.09, 21:33
seems a nice little app though, i'll try a next update..

It's been years it isn't developed :frown:

But PG's coders plan to add connection-blocking in the future...

slickd
13.05.09, 19:37
how to get other list of block ips?

anon
13.05.09, 19:39
Check the P2PFire tutorial in my signature. There are links to updated blocklists there.

Bronwater
01.07.09, 03:12
Since there is overwhelming information on this subject. I'd like to narrow it down

What do you guys use/suggest for hiding your tracks from bittorrent as much as possible ?

anon
01.07.09, 15:18
Google "protect yourself when using BitTorrent" and you'll find a bunch of guides. But general tips would be:

use an IP blocker or IPFilter, and the latest version of your BitTorrent client whenever possible
avoid public trackers, download from private ones whenever possible
a VPN or "torrent proxy" service would be the best, but it's an extra cost

saebrtooth
12.07.09, 08:54
p2pFire is a great app for well p2p :)

I have found for XP systems protowall and peerguardian to also be effective

However for my Vista system I have yet to find a stable or effective comparative solution.

Currently trying out p2pHazard for Vista

anon
12.07.09, 18:46
Currently trying out p2pHazard for Vista

Is that a new version, or is P2PHazard dead as I thought..? :frown:

I have found an old build through Ares, and it looks like a good app - plus as far as I know, P2PFire shares some of its IP-blocking code.

Unregistered
14.07.09, 15:15
Is that a new version, or is P2PHazard dead as I thought..? :frown:

I think ur right anon, p2pHarzard doesnt seem to be well updated and, for me anyway, doesnt seem to be working for vista 64

The only way I have for blocking IPs atm is to use the inbuilt blocking "ipfilter.dat" with emule

Everything works for XP but the Vista 64 ip blocking lol is giving me a head ache

anon
14.07.09, 22:10
The only way I have for blocking IPs atm is to use the inbuilt blocking "ipfilter.dat" with emule

uTorrent has built-in IPFilter support too. If you're not a heavy P2Per, this may be the best system, due to annoyances like global IP blockers preventing you from accessing a Web page hosted on a blocked range, for example.

zakazak
14.11.09, 19:15
wouldnt it be the same effect if i block ip ranges with my kaspersky internet security firewall? if yes do u know how to extract the ip´s only from the already made .dats ?

anon
14.11.09, 19:16
wouldnt it be the same effect if i block ip ranges with my kaspersky internet security firewall?

Well, this blocks connections, using less resources. I don't know how KIS does IP blocking since I've never tried it.

if yes do u know how to extract the ip´s only from the already made .dats ?

You could use the B.I.S.S. online blocklist converter.

Mr.unknown
21.11.09, 15:49
is this working on Win 7 ultimate... ???

anon
21.11.09, 18:11
I don't know, but it didn't work on Vista, so I don't think so. :frown:

21.12.09, 08:46
Why would someone write an app for win xp while its on the edge of extinction? Why not try out something with win7. That could be handy. especially 4 me. Just a tip bro

anon
21.12.09, 18:29
I don't code P2PFire, ModMa does. I only translated it. And there haven't been any official updates since 2006...

Renk
17.04.10, 20:18
Hi anon,

P2PFire seems doing a good job, in consumming a very small amount of ressources.

But the logs window is filled by lines I don't understand (reduced log is ticked):

Suceso: 17023 Cadena: Source: 1DDFF955 - Destination: 0A01A8C0 - Protocol: 17
Suceso: 18135 Cadena: Source: 6B740201 - Destination: 6F232175 - Protocol: 6
Suceso: 19226 Cadena: Source: 1DDFF955 - Destination: 0A01A8C0 - Protocol: 17
Suceso: 20280 Cadena: Source: 1DDFF955 - Destination: 0A01A8C0 - Protocol: 17
Suceso: 21280 Cadena: Source: 0A01A8C0 - Destination: 1DDFF955 - Protocol: 17
Suceso: 22344 Cadena: Source: 6B740201 - Destination: 09A797D5 - Protocol: 6
Suceso: 23408 Cadena: Source: 1DDFF955 - Destination: 0A01A8C0 - Protocol: 17

Moreover, I would like to know everything about every blocked IP trying to connect to me. So I would have to untick reduce logs, but then, how to easily access to this information, with hundreds and hundred of lines like that ??

anon
17.04.10, 20:19
But the logs window is filled by lines I don't understand (reduced log is ticked):

You've probably enabled the internal driver log. :happy:

Renk
17.04.10, 21:02
You've probably enabled the internal driver log. :happy:

It was indeed the case....:beten_2:

silencer1980
02.06.10, 23:20
my problem is with peer block
i am using Cfosspeed and
it has ip ranges to calibrate with ICMP protocol.

your application can be easier to do it?

cause everytime with peer block , even if i allow cfosspeed's DFN
it can come with another ip

can anybody help about this?
or recommend p2pfire?
i can block a billion of ip's with peer block

anon
02.06.10, 23:21
Never used CFosSpeed so I couldn't tell you.

P2PFire doesn't even need you to install it, so you'd lose nothing trying.

anon
01.06.18, 04:30
I think this was my first big contribution to this forum. When I made this, I knew very little about modding programs, not to mention I was less proficient at English than I am now... yet it still works!

I cleaned up the first post a bit. Make sure you don't miss 4623 either.

caracola2394
02.01.20, 04:24
Thanks a lot, i can not dowload but anyway

anon
02.01.20, 20:39
i can not dowload

Why not? This program is available to everyone.