PDA

View Full Version : Mininova Faces Legal Action: Filter or Else

BrianBosworth
19.05.08, 14:18
No torrent site on earth is more popular than Mininova. Surprisingly, however, all the legal pressure seems to have been focused on sites such as The Pirate Bay. Mininova - against all the odds - appears to have stayed under the radar. All that changed today as Mininova is now facing legal action by Dutch anti-piracy agency, BREIN.

Source: Mininova Faces Legal Action: Filter or Else | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/mininova-faces-legal-action-filter-or-else-080519/)

anon
19.05.08, 20:06
they want to filter mininova's search results...

filter = censorship = bad :frown:

of course there are a lot of BT indexes around the net but not being able to count with mininova is a step back... :confused2:

Manas
19.05.08, 21:56
Well, first torrentspy now Mininova. Seems like those search engines are becoming a popular target of anti-piracy organizations.

But I think Mininova will win the case. They don't host any illegal staff or have an own tracker. But I'm really curious about this one. Let's see how it end :smile:

zatoicchi
19.05.08, 23:38
yeah me too im curious whats is going to be the verdict, been using mininova for a long time..hate to see them filter out contents, mininova is like a place where u can try find anything..
hope they win..

yoco
20.05.08, 12:26
They just can't shut it down, the site is too good.