PDA

View Full Version : Google Overtakes Yahoo in Web Traffic

BrianBosworth
18.05.08, 10:21
The bad news just doesn't seem to end for Yahoo. As the Internet portal prepares to fend off a proxy fight by billionaire investor Carl Icahn, new research from comScore concludes that for the first time, Google has overtaken Yahoo as the most-visited Web site in the U.S. Google reached the pinnacle of the Top 50 U.S. Properties in April, with an audience of 141 million visitors, according to data from comScore's monthly analysis. Yahoo and its affiliated sites ranked second, with 140.6 million visitors, followed by Microsoft sites with 121.2 million visitors.

View: Google overtakes Yahoo as most-visited U.S. Web site | InfoWorld | News | 2008-05-16 | By Linda Rosencrance, Macworld (http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/05/16/Google-overtakes-Yahoo-as-most-visited-US-Web-site_1.html)

anon
18.05.08, 19:42
was expected :) plus google isn't just the search engine, they have a lot of other services too...

Manas
18.05.08, 21:38
It was just a matter of time. Actually, I'm quite surprised that Google needed so much time to overtake Yahoo.

Google becomes more powerful every minute...

anon
18.05.08, 21:57
Google becomes more powerful every minute...

and every time someone who has Google (http://www.google.com) as homepage opens his browser! (and a lot of custom XP rips do) :smile:

google is never down :cool2: but it will have to prepare for the every time bigger traffic.

Manas
18.05.08, 23:14
OK, I'm sorrY :biggrin:

I have to admit that I also have Google as my homepage :redface:
But anyway, I'm not that afraid of google. I know that some people are and see google as a real threat but I really don't care.

google is never down but it will have to prepare for the every time bigger traffic.

Of course. But I think that's their smallest problem. :wink:

anon
18.05.08, 23:59
But anyway, I'm not that afraid of google. I know that some people are and see google as a real threat but I really don't care.

well said :top: as long as they keep on giving us "teh bestest" search engine and google earth that shouldn't matter :biggrin:

Of course. But I think that's their smallest problem. :wink:

haha yes, it'll be probably just a matter of adding more servers to their pool for them :tongue: plus according smsniff they are using squid caching proxies...

HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 02:39:48 GMT
Content-Type: image/png
Expires: Sun, 17 Jan 2038 19:14:07 GMT
Last-Modified: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:38:58 GMT
X-Cache: HIT from .
Via: 1.0 .:80 (squid)
Connection: keep-alive

wonder how many GBs they'd save if they compressed the main page :biggrin: