╔═══════════════════════════╗
Features / How to use:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

· See 22032.

Changelog:

February 12th, 2024
· Fixed build number being reported incorrectly to some trackers (credits to xorg)

March 21st, 2023
· Included fix for minidumps being generated when exiting the mod (credits to Rinat8411)

October 19th, 2021
· Updated mod to uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302
· Included NEW5 fix for crashes with announce URLs longer than 512 bytes
· Included mod that emulates uTorrent 3.5.5 Build 46074 (ideal for using alongside 34487)
· Removed debug version
· Removed all autoupdating and call-homes
· Removed invalid digital signature from the executable
· Included original uTorrent icons
· Included official language pack and help file
· Included DevonHess WebUI (credits to https://github.com/DevonHess/uTorrent-WebUI)
· Included preconfigured settings.dat file to disable "featured content" and improve security

June 5th, 2012
· Fixed fakeupload incorrect behavior when chaning label to empty one while torrent is active.

March 31st, 2012
· Now Fakeuploading stops and pauses along with pressing according buttons on a torrent.
· Added support for ipv6 announces.

March 24th, 2011
· remade whole fakeupload and multi system to be more fail-safe and flexible
· now you can safely change labels from and to "fake" & "multi" while torrent is active

Known issues:

· Large torrents (> 1 TB) are not supported.
This is a limitation of the base client and has no fix.

· Large torrent piece sizes (> 16 MB) are not supported.
This is a limitation of the base client and has no fix.

· The uSerenity process may remain active or crash after exiting.
Workarounds: use File -> Exit to close the program and/or toggle bt.graceful_shutdown in the Advanced settings.

· The mod may not start under Windows 10.
Workarounds: run as administrator and/or set Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for the executable.

· Download speeds may be very slow, even with good client settings.
The cause of and solution to this problem are unknown.

· The fake upload feature has a limit of 999.9 KB/s per torrent.
Workaround: edit serenity_settings.cfg with a text editor to set higher values.

· Mod features are non-functional if uSerenity.exe is renamed.
This behavior is intentional.

Password:

uSerenity2024

anon
20.10.21, 07:49
Since Serenity has a small but dedicated following to this day, I took the liberty of making this. Consider it a rerelease of sorts :sbi:

Sazzy
20.10.21, 07:59
Waaaiit whaaat? That's amazing! Also neat to see another webui. Though I still have to try this one out, I've been using https://github.com/psychowood/ng-torrent-ui which is also very nice.

anon
20.10.21, 08:33
I've been using https://github.com/psychowood/ng-torrent-ui which is also very nice.

I tried that one, but it's too simplistic and wasteful of screen space for me; obviously meant for mobile devices. The DevonHess interface is almost like having the client inside your browser, nearly all features and settings are available.

yoco
20.10.21, 09:34
wow! thank you anon! :top:

Lucius
20.10.21, 13:26
Waaaiit whaaat? That's amazing! Also neat to see another webui. Though I still have to try this one out, I've been using https://github.com/psychowood/ng-torrent-ui which is also very nice.

you remember UGovernor :biggrin: It was a great project

@anon Thanks for the great efforts you make those days

yoco
20.10.21, 18:49
The fake upload feature has a limit of 999.9 KB/s per torrent.
Workaround: edit serenity_settings.cfg with a text editor to set higher values.
What exactly do I need to do here? I forgot! :frown:

Sazzy
20.10.21, 19:17
Tried searching for it with little result :(

anon
20.10.21, 22:16
you remember UGovernor :biggrin: It was a great project

As was uRemote :gsmile: The API is very powerful and not limited to Web applications. I'd love to see better TLS support, however. They evidently wrote that 15 years ago and never touched it since.

@anon Thanks for the great efforts you make those days

You're welcome, and I'm hoping I can now focus on testing the new RM+ as soon as possible :gredface: This was done over the course of a month and partly because someone had requested the Emu 46074 mod. Now that it's clear we won't be getting a uSerenity 3.5.5, I suppose this is as good as it gets.

What exactly do I need to do here? I forgot! :frown:

Tried searching for it with little result :(

The .cfg file is in the same directory as settings.dat. That is, %AppData%\uTorrent for regular installs, and the same one as the executable for portable mode. Note it does not exist by default: you're expected to run the settings manager, create profiles and save your changes before starting to use the mod. All of this is explained at 22032, if you need a refresher.

yoco
20.10.21, 22:43
So I don't need to type anything special? If I open the file with notepad I do see my labels/profiles.

anon
20.10.21, 22:58
Then just edit the fakeupload_min and fakeupload_max values for the profile(s) you want to bypass the 999.9 KB/s limit on, and save the file. Note you shouldn't do this while the mod is open.

For what it's worth, I looked into "cracking" the settings manager to remove or increase this cap, but despite being a simple change, it was taking more time than I was willing to spend. I think 1 MB/s per torrent is still a lot, and for those who disagree, this workaround works perfectly.

yoco
21.10.21, 09:13
Don't know if it's just bad luck. I downloaded a 18gb files from TL, and now I'm seeding back, and I'm only uploading with 100 kB/s with 10 peers connected! :frown:

anon
21.10.21, 09:54
TL has a huge userbase. This means there's a lot of people you can upload to. Unfortunately, it also means overseeding is rampant and seedbox abuse is extremely powerful (some guy on Reddit made 30 TB in two weeks), which plays against you when it comes to building ratio. But just leave all torrents seeding and you'll get upload and bonus points from them in the long run.

anon
21.10.21, 09:54
Also, some technical details for those who want to know how and why.

First of all, the changelog entry about updating the mod to build 25302 is a white lie :gredface: The only changes between 25130 and that are some promotional torrents, and I didn't want to have two emulation versions with no clue as to which is the "right" one or why either should be preferred over the original, so I went for this. Everything in the binary was rewritten accordingly.

Secondly, 25302 isn't the last build in the 2.2.1 branch, 25534 is. However, for some reason (only being offered via autoupdates?) it is fairly unknown, and most people aren't using it. If we add the facts its changes go beyond inconsequential advertisements and users of a cheating mod will want to blend with the crowd, the decision of which one to emulate was clear.

Anyway, a binary comparison against the last official files should make the extent and specifics of my changes obvious, but here are the parts of uSerenity.exe you may not immediately understand.

0x110: PE timestamp. I changed this to 0x00000000 just because. Read https://0xc0decafe.com/malware-analyst-guide-to-pe-timestamps/ if you want to know more.
0x160: PE checksum. Was originally 0x00000000, I changed it to the correct value.
0x10E47: peer_id build prefix (the two bytes following -UT2210-).
0x219C5: build number in User-Agent strings.
0x2501D: build number in User-Agent strings, but only for HTTPS trackers?
0x70D5C: build number in the About window.
0xD1844: executable FileVersion.
0xD184C: executable ProductVersion.
0xDBE00: digital signature. Was already invalid, so I truncated it completely.

The NEW5 uSerenity.dll comes from Owyn himself and was posted as a prerelease fix for a new version that ultimately never arrived. The debug DLL was removed because 1. there is no NEW5 equivalent of it, 2. this is an unofficial release, 3. official development work on the mod has stopped anyway. Reason no. 2 is the same one why I rewrote links to Owyn's blog (utorrentleechermodserenity.wordpress.com) in the About window and settings manager to point to this forum.

Some people reported they couldn't open the ZIP archive for the last official release; that's because it was encrypted using AES-256 instead of ZipCrypto. For this upload, I ultimately went with RAR4 for its widespread support and good compression and deduplication capabilities: having two mods only increased the archive's size by 9 KB instead of doubling it!

I also slightly updated 22032 and perhaps should have added something about bypassing the fake upload speed limit there, but 999.9 KB/s ought to be enough for anyone =]

I won't be able to supply updates or new emulation mods in the future, but hopefully this explains everything you need to know to make your own.

yoco
21.10.21, 22:47
@anon, if I create "fake upload" label in settings manager, should that be visible in serenity_settings.cfg?
What's in the files is

uSerenity Settings file
<
setting_name=Default
leecher=1
nodownload=1
noupload=1
nocorrupt=1
nocomplete=1
>

<
setting_name=Normal
>

EDIT: nvm, I found the issue. I had to use the old settings manager. The one included in this version doesn't update serenity_settings.cfg file!

anon
22.10.21, 02:06
@anon, if I create "fake upload" label in settings manager, should that be visible in serenity_settings.cfg?

Of course.

What's in the files is

This is what the .cfg file looks like when you open the settings manager for the first time and save without touching anything.

EDIT: nvm, I found the issue. I had to use the old settings manager. The one included in this version doesn't update serenity_settings.cfg file!

Can't reproduce this here; all changes apply as expected. Since this version includes a settings.dat file, it is portable and therefore the settings manager will only read and write serenity_settings.cfg from its own directory. Any chances you have two installs with two configuration files after upgrading, and are looking at the wrong one?

By the way, the only modifications I made to the manager are editing the URL in the About window and fixing the PE checksum. The latter isn't even checked for executables, but I thought correcting it was good practice and might possibly help somewhat with issues under Windows 10.

yoco
22.10.21, 07:59
It doesn't work for me, don't know why. If I open settings manager (your release) and create new label/profile, it's not visible in CFG file. But if I create new label/profile in relase uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.1_25130_NEW4 it works.
It doesn't even bother me, I don't even use "fake" cheats anymore, was just curious as to why it's doing this! :smile:

anon
22.10.21, 08:13
It doesn't work for me, don't know why. If I open settings manager (your release) and create new label/profile, it's not visible in CFG file. But if I create new label/profile in relase uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.1_25130_NEW4 it works.

Did you check this?

Any chances you have two installs with two configuration files after upgrading, and are looking at the wrong one?

I would open %AppData%\uTorrent and your install directories for NEW4 and this version. Run each settings manager, save without changing anything, and see which .cfg file had its modification time changed.

It doesn't even bother me, I don't even use "fake" cheats anymore, was just curious as to why it's doing this! :smile:

The settings you posted will make all torrents without a label always report 0% done with no traffic, so I'd try to clarify this first...

yoco
22.10.21, 08:48
The settings you posted will make all torrents without a label always report 0% done with no traffic, so I'd try to clarify this first...
I choose Normal label when adding new torrent :D

yoco
23.10.21, 07:19
I love my upload speed :D
In 24h I can upload over 200gb!
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21138&d=1634966261

anon
02.11.21, 04:12
Uploading a lot is good, but long-term seeding is also important. Will you be seeding Dune next month? Next year? How about 2034?

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21144

I left a comment on Owyn's blog saying hello and linking to this thread, but it was either deleted or (most likely) never approved. Not sure if he's even still around, but anyway, I hope you all are finding some use for this.

yoco
02.11.21, 12:24
Are you saying you're still seeding this torrent?

bingo2k
03.11.21, 02:02
Sorry for going off topic. Is there any dark theme for uTorrent-Serenity-2-2-1-Build-25302?

anon
06.11.21, 08:53
Are you saying you're still seeding this torrent?

The screenshot isn't mine, it's just a good example :richter: My oldest torrent is from May 2018 and has been seeding since then.

Sorry for going off topic. Is there any dark theme for uTorrent-Serenity-2-2-1-Build-25302?

uTorrent's interface can be themed with .btskin files. A quick Google search should give you more details.

yoco
06.11.21, 09:56
Good guy anon :top:
I personally stop seeding when I'm "satisfied" with my seed/leech ratio :D

Renk
08.11.21, 21:25
I'm using an older uSerenity mod (in a directory named uS). So with this one, what have I to do (in order to not loose my seeds and downloads)? Just copy uSerenity.exe and uSerenity.dll (and maybe uSerenity Settings.exe) in uS over the old version of these files?

NB: I have no files such as dht.dat settings.dat, resume.dat etc in my uS directory. These files are in %AppData%\utorrent. I presume that copying the containt of %AppData%\utorrent in uS will make make portable the uSerenity instance in uS?

anon
14.11.21, 15:27
I'm using an older uSerenity mod (in a directory named uS). So with this one, what have I to do (in order to not loose my seeds and downloads)? Just copy uSerenity.exe and uSerenity.dll (and maybe uSerenity Settings.exe) in uS over the old version of these files?

Overwrite executables and DLL, then extract everything else to %APPDATA%\uTorrent but skip settings.dat to avoid wiping your configuration (you should apply its contents manually instead).

I recommend always using portable mode so that there is no ambiguity regarding which files are used by which install.

qik5l
04.12.21, 22:46
Working perfectly as a portable, you seem to have fixed the crash when deleting multiple files too

anon
04.12.21, 22:52
you seem to have fixed the crash when deleting multiple files too

Must be a side effect of either portable mode or the NEW5 fix, as I didn't touch anything directly related to this.

slawas
29.12.21, 12:29
Sorry for going off topic - I`m a new member. How can I get the mod? I don`t see any link...

:top:

anon
29.12.21, 21:22
See right below "Attached Files" in the first post. You also need to click on the Thanks button to see the password, but it looks like you figured that one out already.

ForgotMyOtherLogin
06.01.22, 18:09
Hello, long time user of uSerenity. Great to see that it was updated recently.

Are there any crossplatform clients/tools that do what this mod does (specifically not reporting ul/dl)? Open source ideally too. Cheers.

Lucius
06.01.22, 20:51
Hello, long time user of uSerenity. Great to see that it was updated recently.

Are there any crossplatform clients/tools that do what this mod does (specifically not reporting ul/dl)? Open source ideally too. Cheers.

Bigly Extreme Mod

anon
09.01.22, 08:19
(specifically not reporting ul/dl)

If that's the only feature you need, any open source client can be modded to have it with relative ease. Just find the part of the code that builds the announce, and edit it so that the uploaded, downloaded and corrupt values are always 0. For extra plausibility, also change "left" so that it's either 0 (100% done) or the torrent's full size (0% done), and see that event=completed is never sent. Compile the mod and you're done. Obviously, such a hack will apply to all active torrents with no ability to control it in any way, but making something like Extreme Mod takes time :wwink:

ForgotMyOtherLogin
13.01.22, 03:21
Thanks for the replies. So I ended up using this updated version (25302) and it seems that the default profile is not working and my dl is being reported to the tracker.

Steps I took:

Unzip `uTorrent Serenity 2.2.1_25302`
Run `uSerenity Settings.exe`
File -> Save
File -> Load
File -> Exit
Run `uSerenity.exe`
Options -> Preferences
- Uncheck apply rate limit to uTP connections
- Uncheck DHT, Local Peer Discovery, Bandwidth Management, Ask tracker to scrape, peer exchange
- Enable outgoing protocol encryption
Load and start torrent

After realizing it wasn't working I went back to 25130 and did the same steps and the settings worked.

* Also every time I closed the client (File->Exit or via sys tray) it was creating a memory dump. I tried toggling bt.graceful_shutdown but that didn't make a difference.

anon
13.01.22, 07:58
I'll look into it. What's your OS?

anon
17.01.22, 14:06
OK, I can't reproduce this under Windows 7 x64. I did everything you mentioned, then started a torrent using the default settings (no label) and let it run. Download speed was deliberately limited to 5 KB/s to make the test last as long as possible. Serenity always reported zero traffic and 0% completion, verified via packet capture. No crash dumps upon exiting either.

I suggest the following potential solutions, listed from most to least likely to work based on the details you've given so far.

Do a clean install. Delete the %AppData%\uTorrent directory if it exists, then (re)create it and move all mod files besides the EXEs and DLL inside.
Run the mod and settings manager as administrator, set Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for them, or combine both.
Apply the following registry values and reboot.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager]
"CWDIllegalInDllSearch"=dword:00000000
"SafeDLLSearchMode"=dword:00000000
"ProtectionMode"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\uSerenity.exe]
"MitigationOptions"=hex(b):00,22,22,02,22,22,22,22

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\uSerenity Settings.exe]

; Do not delete this comment

aflamtk
12.02.22, 19:22
Really good version, currently using with no issues

matta
15.02.22, 18:24
Which sites you're using? What is your setting?

fakeup
16.02.22, 21:52
Is there a chance userenity will not show files I grabbed ? I've noticed on some low lvl tracker (they have this grabbed list) that it actually shows what I grabbed. It doesnt show in snatch list but it sure does become visible to everyone what i grabbed. I was using win7.

anon
16.02.22, 22:23
Can you elaborate on how a "grab" differs from a "snatch" in that tracker?

fakeup
17.02.22, 18:49
Can you elaborate on how a "grab" differs from a "snatch" in that tracker? As i understand a grabbed means its metadata files have been downloaded vs snatched when its data files have been (probably fully) downloaded. I've read it somewhere, not something I've came up with.

I thought it would look weird/suspicious to have say 20 torrents grabbed and only 1 snatched.

anon
18.02.22, 05:20
As i understand a grabbed means its metadata files have been downloaded

Since this is logged before adding the torrent to any client (if at all), there's nothing Serenity or any other program can do about it.

I thought it would look weird/suspicious to have say 20 torrents grabbed and only 1 snatched.

Indeed.

fakeup
18.02.22, 09:35
Since this is logged before adding the torrent to any client (if at all), there's nothing Serenity or any other program can do about it.

Indeed. So I'm guessing using default setting (leecher) on trackers with visible to eveyone "grabbed list" is simply idiotic.

What about places where you do not see that grabbed info I guess then it still should be safe right?
Is uSerenity still as undetected as it used to be in the past? I really love it.

anon
19.02.22, 00:11
So I'm guessing using default setting (leecher) on trackers with visible to eveyone "grabbed list" is simply idiotic.

You may get away with it once or a few times, but it's not a sustainable tactic.

What about places where you do not see that grabbed info I guess then it still should be safe right?

Don't believe everything you don't see, nya.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21036

I found this alleged staff toolbox screenshot some years ago. The third column is supposed to show the ratio of torrents that were merely started vs. those actually finished. While I have no means of validating the authenticity of the image, the fact is such a feature is easy to code, and the stock NexusPHP source already includes something similar.

Is uSerenity still as undetected as it used to be in the past?

Owyn took a existing client, added cheating features, and never implemented any sort of ID spoofing. That's as safe as a cheating program can be, since you don't need to evaluate how client X does thing Y under scenario Z, then carefully and completely replicate that behavior. Of course, immediate detectability is only one half of the equation... the other half is using those features in a way your tracker(s) also can't detect, but you already know that.

fakeup
19.02.22, 14:56
Don't believe everything you don't see, nya.

[SPOILER=" "]image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21036)
These snatched/downloaded stats sure look interesting :biggrin: 5%, 21% completion, pretty crazy. Probably user chose the wrong settings. In my (took uS for a test drive to check if it's still OK) snatched was clean it just showed I grabbed something LOL.

anon
19.02.22, 20:26
Make sure your activity looks neat and tidy and you'll be fine. There are legitimate reasons for grabbing .torrent files you don't download (I have stuff from years ago in my client which I do plan to snatch... one day) but you need to think like a staff member on this one.

dannyx3321
24.03.22, 19:29
I'm newbie here , still can't figure it out how I can fake upload If I haven't (downloaded) torrent file? I've used GT from long time ago but it won't working recently, so
could someone make a simple explain please ! I in win 10 ATM, Thank you.

anon
31.03.22, 15:43
how I can fake upload If I haven't (downloaded) torrent file?

See the first post under "Features / How to use". Note that cheating features do not affect regular client operation and vice versa. If you aren't interested on a torrent's actual files, deselect them all and apply the right label before starting it.

ffp
01.06.22, 09:03
how does the emulation (mod 3.5.5) works on the uSerenity 2.2.1 client?.
Is it strictly necessary to also have the 3.5.5 client (Clean uTorrent 3.5.5) installed?

Thanks and congrats for the project. Sorry for my bad english.

xinhao98
01.06.22, 13:34
hey,i cannot see password it tips me to click thanks to download

anon
01.06.22, 14:43
how does the emulation (mod 3.5.5) works on the uSerenity 2.2.1 client?

It applies transparently to all torrents as long as you use that executable. Opening the "About uTorrent" window will tell you if the emulation is active.

Is it strictly necessary to also have the 3.5.5 client (Clean uTorrent 3.5.5) installed?

Not at all; it's just a bonus for those who were already using Clean uTorrent, or whose trackers don't allow 2.2.1.

i cannot see password it tips me to click thanks to download

Well, then you should do as much. The Thanks button is at the bottom of the first post.

Nokki
16.10.22, 14:05
Hi everyone

Been using this successfully for at least 8 yrs. I've now moved to Ubuntu and sadly can't find a way to make it work there. Is there a Linux version?

anon
16.10.22, 16:12
I've now moved to Ubuntu and sadly can't find a way to make it work there.

uTorrent 2.2.1 is rated platinum at WineHQ, meaning it's been reported to run out of the box and without problems under Wine. Others have got the mod to work in this manner. Turning sys.enable_wine_hacks off may help; hacks meant to improve compatibility on 2010 may have the opposite effect now.

ForgotMyOtherLogin
26.10.22, 22:22
OK, I can't reproduce this under Windows 7 x64. I did everything you mentioned, then started a torrent using the default settings (no label) and let it run. Download speed was deliberately limited to 5 KB/s to make the test last as long as possible. Serenity always reported zero traffic and 0% completion, verified via packet capture. No crash dumps upon exiting either.

I suggest the following potential solutions, listed from most to least likely to work based on the details you've given so far.

Do a clean install. Delete the %AppData%\uTorrent directory if it exists, then (re)create it and move all mod files besides the EXEs and DLL inside.
Run the mod and settings manager as administrator, set Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for them, or combine both.
Apply the following registry values and reboot.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager]
"CWDIllegalInDllSearch"=dword:00000000
"SafeDLLSearchMode"=dword:00000000
"ProtectionMode"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\uSerenity.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\uSerenity Settings.exe]

; Do not delete this comment

Fwiw I am now using the latest version on win11 and it seems to be working out-of-the-box.

Still get DMP files in the install folder any time I quit/exit the application, regardless of compatibility or run-as-admin mode.

anon
27.10.22, 07:05
Still get DMP files in the install folder any time I quit/exit the application, regardless of compatibility or run-as-admin mode.

Unfortunately and since I've never faced this problem myself, I don't have any other suggestions. Furthermore, uTorrent has its own crash handler, so it's unaffected by WER settings (which could otherwise be used to work around this by preventing dump files from being written).

innovator70
13.11.22, 19:00
BitDefender blocks it as PUP. Is it a false positive?

anon
13.11.22, 19:20
Well, I'm not sure a program qualifies as "potentially unwanted" when you're going out of your way to download and install it... in any case, there isn't anything malicious in the mod.

astarta
16.12.22, 08:17
I don't know if anyone can help me but i'm going to try :)
I got a problem with autostarting userenity in windows 10 and here's what i've tried already:

1. I put a shortcut to exe file in my shell:startup and shell:common startup - doesn't work
2. I changed registry in Hkey_current_user and HKEY_Local_Machine under windows current ver and run - doesn't work
3. I downloaded "autoruns application" and checked what's there for userenity and path is fine but it's marked red as "not verified" publisher - i disabled UAC and still userenity doesn't autostart (i don't even know if publisher as Owyn can affect autostart).
4. I downloaded core utorrent 2.2.1 installed and turned autostart on and it does work fine and autostarts core utorrent then i tried to change path in registry and replace it with path to userenity exe file - and ofc serenity not starting with win10 startup
5. In properites i turned option to start serenity with admin rights and still no go.
6. I tried to make a full uninstall utorrent 2.2.1 and just go with userenity and still no luck
7. I tried the simpliest solution aka turn start with windows startup in userenity - there doesn't work either.

Also i see serenity enabled in my task manager to autostart but as described above it doesn't work.

So i'm running out of ideas so here i'm to ask if there's anyone that got any ideas what else i could try? :)

Thank you

anon
16.12.22, 08:45
So i'm running out of ideas so here i'm to ask if there's anyone that got any ideas what else i could try? :)

The only ones I have are the following.

Try the stuff in post #37
Do everything you did again, but with a batch file that adds a delay before starting Serenity

astarta
16.12.22, 09:19
The only ones I have are the following.

Try the stuff in post #37
Do everything you did again, but with a batch file that adds a delay before starting Serenity

i tried post #37 stuff and it didn't solve the problem
What did was batch file (no clue i never tought about it before) - i made delay by 3 seconds and add path to file then i put it in shell:startup and serenity starts just fine :) thank you

anon
04.03.23, 16:21

Unfortunately and since I've never faced this problem myself, I don't have any other suggestions. Furthermore, uTorrent has its own crash handler, so it's unaffected by WER settings (which could otherwise be used to work around this by preventing dump files from being written).

Alright, I was finally able to reproduce this bug. It seems whenever the mod is closed, GDI32.dll inevitably has an unhandled exception. WER receives and archives that event, but is not directly responsible for generating the .dmp files, which uTorrent does on its own by calling MiniDumpWriteDump. How the program is closed makes no difference on this regard, and neither do any of the workarounds I've posted before. Unfortunately I have no time to debug mystery issues that don't affect functionality, but you can prevent the minidumps from being created by doing the following.

create an empty file called DBGHELP.DLL in the same directory as the executable.
open uSerenity.exe in a hex editor and make the following changes (left is the offset, right is the bytes to write).

00000160 : 9EE70D
00099CA8 : 5C6E756C0000000000000000000000000000000000

Note this will prevent all crashes from being logged and generating a dump file, but since uTorrent 2.2.1 is both very stable and no longer supported, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Rinat8411
12.03.23, 20:09
Unfortunately I have no time to debug mystery issues that don't affect functionality, but you can prevent the minidumps from being created by doing the following.

Correction to attachment

anon
12.03.23, 21:02
Tried that, but it complained the patch couldn't be applied even after renaming uSerenity.exe. Considering the patcher's timestamp predates my above post and it looks for "uTorrent.exe", what does it change and which executable is it meant for?

Rinat8411
13.03.23, 18:24
Then it's worth trying x64dbg or OllyDbg

anon
13.03.23, 19:06
Wow, that looks good =] Let me try it on the system where I managed to reproduce this bug. If it works fine I'll update the attachment and credit you for the fix!

anon
22.03.23, 01:21
I ported the patch to uSerenity and it works as expected. The first post has been updated!

astarta
16.05.23, 16:01
That mod works under Windows 11 ? Can anyone confirm ?

anon
16.05.23, 17:34
It did for me.

qik5l
01.06.23, 02:38
That mod works under Windows 11 ? Can anyone confirm ?

works here too

Billy Wilder
07.06.23, 16:17
Hi.I am in a tracker that has two strict rules.
that has this rules:
All torrents require a minimum of 7 days (168 hours) seed time, regardless of ratio.
There is a 10% buffer before the minimum seeding requirements kick in. This means that torrents will not be considered a HnR if the amount you have downloaded is less than 10%.

I can finally seed for one or two days, not 7 days.I just want to download and watch my favorite movies, that is, only the files I need, not to raise the user rank or collect bonuses.Because of my super awful upload speed.
I don't want to get hit and run (because if I download only 10% of a torrent, I have to seed for 7 days or else I will get hit and run). That's why in order to reduce the risk a lot, I have to use a method that in That amount of my downloads should not be recorded in the tracker.
Is there a way that no information from me is recorded in the completed section of the torrents I have received in tracker? Even the download amount is zero.

thanks

yoco
14.06.23, 22:28
Not sure what is going on, I can barely connect to any seeds or peers!
I tried same torrent using clean uTorrent 3.5.5. and it seems to be working just fine!

demo2k
12.09.23, 14:44
Correction to attachment

Hello, I've tried this patch for the clean utorrent 2.2.1.25302 but I think it's not meant for that since it fails.
What do I have to change to fix the clean version? :(
Thank you!

nageshnarian
12.09.23, 15:39
Hi.I am in a tracker that has two strict rules.
that has this rules:
All torrents require a minimum of 7 days (168 hours) seed time, regardless of ratio.
There is a 10% buffer before the minimum seeding requirements kick in. This means that torrents will not be considered a HnR if the amount you have downloaded is less than 10%.

I can finally seed for one or two days, not 7 days.I just want to download and watch my favorite movies, that is, only the files I need, not to raise the user rank or collect bonuses.Because of my super awful upload speed.
I don't want to get hit and run (because if I download only 10% of a torrent, I have to seed for 7 days or else I will get hit and run). That's why in order to reduce the risk a lot, I have to use a method that in That amount of my downloads should not be recorded in the tracker.
Is there a way that no information from me is recorded in the completed section of the torrents I have received in tracker? Even the download amount is zero.

thanks

Download the torrent as usual, remove the torrents from utorrent/bittorrent client add the file to the mratio and start seeding. when the leechers go less, put 0 speed on the mratio and finish of 7 days.

anon
12.09.23, 21:26
Hello, I've tried this patch for the clean utorrent 2.2.1.25302 but I think it's not meant for that since it fails.

What clean uTorrent 2.2.1? The attachment in the first post already has this patch preapplied.

add the file to the mratio and start seeding. when the leechers go less, put 0 speed on the mratio and finish of 7 days.

Funny you should recommend that on this particular thread...

demo2k
13.09.23, 10:14
What clean uTorrent 2.2.1? The attachment in the first post already has this patch preapplied.
[...]

I was talking about the unmodified uTorrent 2.2.1, but after I realized that the original exe is packed, I've managed to edit it after unpacking. Even though I don't know what those changes actually do, it no longer creates those dump files at exit, I'm happy.

@Rinat8411: Thank you! :)

Rinat8411
30.11.23, 10:20
What do I have to change to fix the clean version? :(
Thank you!

The source file is usually compressed in UPX format, you need to unpack

xorg
13.01.24, 13:52
From user details page on one of my trackers:

BT Client uTorrent/2210(25130)
Shouldn't it be
BT Client uTorrent/2210(25302)

anon
13.01.24, 18:52
Indeed. Please message me which tracker that is and a screenshot of where you see this data. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

alpacino
16.01.24, 07:55
I'm also using this client and can confirm that 2 chinese and 2 gazelle trackers say it's 25130, but IPT and TD says 25302.

anon
17.01.24, 04:38
xorg sent me a detailed report (and will be credited in the first post after this is fixed). It seems to be a fairly situational bug.

xorg
17.01.24, 13:17
Hex editor quick fix:
2501D 2A -> D6

or download the attached file ;)

anon
18.01.24, 01:08
Well, that was fast :weirdo: Testing, repackaging and updating the first (and fourteenth) post soon.

anon
12.02.24, 06:03
Took me longer than I expected, but the attachment and aforementioned posts have been updated. Thanks for the fix!

Note that when making changes to an executable, it's best to update the PE checksum afterwards to make it less likely to generate security warnings (on the basis that most malware doesn't do that after infecting a binary).

killmebabyx1
15.02.24, 12:18
Is it safe?

anon
15.02.24, 23:42
Is it safe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avNraWT8CSI

ForgotMyOtherLogin
17.04.24, 03:46
I'm getting an issue where if I don't put a copy of serenity_settings.cfg into %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent then no profiles are loaded. It seems that the exe is looking for the cfg file in AppData rather than in its current directory.

Other info:
Windows 11
uTorrent Serenity 2.2.1_25302 (Emu 3.5.5_46074)
Previously I was using uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.1_25130, which did use AppData.

edit: My assumption is that uTorrent Serenity 2.2.1_25302 (Emu 3.5.5_46074) should be portable and moving the cfg isn't intended (?). Also I tested this on multiple trackers by adding/removing from AppData to verify that profiles were being loaded or not.

anon
20.04.24, 23:25
My assumption is that uTorrent Serenity 2.2.1_25302 (Emu 3.5.5_46074) should be portable and moving the cfg isn't intended (?).

Your assumption is correct and confirmed by Owyn himself in the FAQ/tutorial thread. If the CFG file exists in the same directory as the executable and is readable, AppData should not be used for anything. Others have also reported your problem, but I couldn't reproduce it myself (tested under Windows 11 too), so unfortunately I can't offer any suggestions.