http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=20828

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Coded by:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> anon <<<<<<
>>>>>> mitmproxy Project (https://mitmproxy.org/) <<<<<<
>>>>>> Iain Patterson (https://nssm.cc/) <<<<<<
>>>>>> Alireza Dabiri Nejad (https://github.com/alirdn/windows-kill) <<<<<<
>>>>>> Mark Russinovich (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/handle) <<<<<<
>>>>>> Ron Yorston (https://frippery.org/busybox/) <<<<<<

Credits:

>>>>>> ar_avishek <<<<<<
>>>>>> AxiomaticDirection <<<<<<
>>>>>> banjje <<<<<<
>>>>>> H265 <<<<<<
>>>>>> JohnareyouOK <<<<<<
>>>>>> sashiagustina <<<<<<
>>>>>> sigduwksnsksis9283 <<<<<<
>>>>>> snowfox373 <<<<<<
>>>>>> weixin <<<<<<

Features:

· Fixes the "received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream" error (caused by lack of TLS 1.2 support)
· Fixes the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error (caused by response compression)
· Fixes the "a call to SSPI failed" error (exact cause unknown)
· Fixes the "input string was not in a correct format" and "bencode data is incorrect" errors (caused by chunked responses)
· Can run interactively or as a service
· Includes mRatio multiple instance unlocker and patcher

How to use:

1. Download the attachment and extract it somewhere
2. Run start.bat as administrator; wait until it's fully initialized and leave it open
3. Run install_cert.bat as administrator
4. Open mRatio and configure this proxy in the preferences: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 8080
5. Use mRatio normally

Note that the "mRatio Fixer" terminal window must remain open at all times. You can use install_service.bat to install it as a system service instead. This will make it run invisibly and automatically on Windows startup.

Changelog:

mRatio Fixer v7
· The correct destination port is now autodetected for all trackers
· Switched from mitmweb to mitmdump to greatly reduce memory usage
· Fixed the "input string was not in a correct format" and "bencode data is incorrect" errors
· Tracker responses are now always fully decoded and normalized before they are passed to mRatio. This slightly increases CPU usage but should future-proof against other errors (e.g. "unknown HTTP response")
· Upgraded TLS cipher list to Windows 10 emulation mode
· Added administrator privilege check to all scripts
· The uninstaller now deletes leftover files from old versions, all the way back to TLS Fix v1
· Left beta stage as development has been active for over a year now

[B]mRatio Fixer v6 [BETA]
· Downgraded mitmproxy and its configuration file to version 4.0.4 (should fix the memory leaks and "specified module could not be found"/"failed to execute script mitmweb" errors)
· Renamed redirect.py to fixer.py
· Added mRatio multiple instance unlocker and patcher
· Several code fixes; notably, yes/no prompts can no longer be bypassed by pressing Ctrl+C
· Reviewed Schannel registry entries

mRatio Fixer v5 [BETA]
· Renamed project from "mRatio TLS Fix" to "mRatio Fixer"
· Updated mitmproxy to version 5.1.1
· Renamed scripts (runme is now start, install is now install_cert, service is now install_service)
· Fixed the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
· Fixed the "a call to SSPI failed" error
· Added uninstall.bat script to do a complete uninstall and remove all traces
· Added stop.bat script for those who can't press Ctrl+Break

mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA]
· Updated mitmproxy to v5.0.1
· Added the ability to run as a Windows service

mRatio TLS Fix v3 [BETA]
· Preliminary fix for the "specified module could not be found"/"failed to execute script mitmweb" error

mRatio TLS Fix v2 [BETA]
· Updated mitmproxy and its configuration file to v5.0.0
· Added a repair function to runme.bat: you can now delete the file "firstrun" to uninstall and delete the root certificate, then generate and install a new one

mRatio TLS Fix v1 [BETA]
· Initial release

Known issues:

· Changes to mRatio's proxy settings do not apply retroactively, so existing torrents will not be affected.
Workaround: remove and readd torrents, or use the procedure detailed at 359303.

· If installed as a service, startup may fail with error code 1053. The cause of this is unknown.
Workaround: extract to a different path outside your profile directory and without spaces, e.g. "C:\mRatioFixer".

· stop.bat may fail if msvcp140.dll cannot be found.
Solution: install the x86 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/.

· Only Windows 7 x86 and above are supported.
Workarounds involving running inside a virtual machine or separate computer, then modifying the configuration file and proxy settings accordingly may be possible, but I am not able to assist with or debug such setups.

Technical information:

· This is basically a neatly packaged and scripted version of mitmproxy, plus some executables that perform certain other tasks.
· All of them are unmodified from the originals, only renamed to avoid accidental execution.

· mitmdump.---: version 4.0.4 of mitmdump
· nssm.---: version 2.24.0.74 (32-bit) of nssm
· windows-kill.---: version 1.1.4 (32-bit) of windows-kill
· handle.---: version 4.22.0.0 (32-bit) of Sysinternals Handle
· busybox.---: version 1.33.0-FRP-3578-g359211429 (32-bit) of busybox-w32

· start.bat: starts Fixer, ensures a consistent status beforehand
· install_cert.bat: installs mitmproxy's certificate
· install_service.bat: installs Fixer as a service
· stop.bat: stops Fixer cleanly if you can't press Ctrl+Break (only for interactive mode!)
· uninstall.bat: stops Fixer cleanly and removes all traces of it
· inst_patch.bat: patches mRatio's executable to allow running multiple instances
· inst_unlock.bat: closes mRatio's BaseNamedObjects handles to allow running multiple instances

· config.yaml: configuration file for mitmdump
· fixer.py: Python script used by mitmdump to process requests and responses
· registry.---: registry file, sets Schannel settings to certain values that fix the "a call to SSPI failed" error
· registry_u.---: registry file, resets the Schannel changes to Windows defaults

weixin
20.11.19, 02:42
hllo anon I am a novice and I don't know how to program. Thank you for releasing the new mRatio, but I don't know if this is different from the previous version.

anon
20.11.19, 13:45
hllo anon I am a novice and I don't know how to program.

Don't worry, you don't need to. Just follow the instructions in the first post carefully.

Also, note that this is an addition to mRatio, not a new version or a replacement. You'll need to have and run both programs.

snowfox373
29.11.19, 13:52
works for me properly.
but the cmd window can not be close by ctrl + break
becuse my laptop has no "Break" key.

what shortcut can take instead?

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 ---------- Previous Post was at 12:28 ----------

autohide this cmd window function maybe helpful for all users when config success.

anon
29.11.19, 22:50
works for me properly.
but the cmd window can not be close by ctrl + break
becuse my laptop has no "Break" key.

what shortcut can take instead?

Thanks for testing! As for the Break key, press Ctrl+ScrlLock or Ctrl+NumLock or try your luck with one of these:

These may use the following substitutes for Break:

Ctrl+Fn+F11 or Fn+B or Fn+Ctrl+B on certain Lenovo laptops.
Ctrl+Fn+B or Fn+B on certain Dell laptops.
Fn+Esc on Samsung.
Ctrl+Fn+⇧ Shift on certain HP laptops.
Fn+R on certain HP laptops.

Substitutes for Pause:

Fn+P or Fn+Ctrl+P or Fn+Alt+P on certain Lenovo laptops.
Fn+B on certain Dell laptops.
Fn+⇧ Shift on certain HP laptops.
Fn+W on certain HP laptops.

autohide this cmd window function maybe helpful for all users when config success.

I'll look into improving the user interface if this goes out of beta, but right now I need the terminal window to be visible because 1. errors are logged there, 2. there would be no other way to close the program correctly.

weixin
02.12.19, 05:04
Don't worry, you don't need to. Just follow the instructions in the first post carefully.

Also, note that this is an addition to mRatio, not a new version or a replacement. You'll need to have and run both programs.

Hello moderator, thank you for your answer, I have studied for a long time and did not understand how this is used. I have been driving UT and then mRatio.

anon
09.12.19, 04:16
Please tell me which part you're having trouble with.

snowfox373
10.12.19, 15:01
----------------------------------------
Error in processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 50503)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 621, in serve_forever
File "threading.py", line 846, in start
RuntimeError: can't start new thread

----------------------------------------

anon
11.12.19, 02:58
Error in processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 50503)
File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 621, in serve_forever
File "threading.py", line 846, in start
RuntimeError: can't start new thread

Thanks for the report. Apparently this is a resource leak in mitmproxy for which there is no solution yet, besides restarting the program whenever it occurs. While tracker announces are tiny requests and I supplied conservative default settings (disabling unnecessary features), it would still eventually happen, especially if you have hundreds of active torrents.

https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/1148
https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3161
https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3399
https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3515
https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3520

I'll look into uploading a second beta with an updated Python runtime and the latest sources from Git, instead of the self-contained executable they provide for Windows. That may improve things.

weixin
12.12.19, 03:16
After using TSL, there is still a website prompting such results

---------- Post Merged at 02:16 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:58 ----------

I ran 127.0.0.1 after running runme.bat and now my network is unstable. I would like to ask how to delete this? And how do I remove the install certificate from the root of the system?

snowfox373
14.12.19, 08:12
thanks for your effort.
i will report ASAP if other error occurs.

anon
15.12.19, 06:41
After using TSL, there is still a website prompting such results

Alright, I finally had the time to check this today.

tracker.keepfrds.com is reachable inside and outside China, and resolves to the same addresses in both circumstances, so there's a reasonable chance the two of us are dealing with the same server. Also, there is cipher overlap between it and this fix (6 out of 7 available ciphers are supported by both). In fact, I just built a "fake" .torrent file, added it to mRatio with the fix open, and there is no EOF/0 bytes error; it does say the passkey is invalid, but that means connection to the tracker is working.

Therefore, the most likely chance is that the local proxy is not configured correctly or at all. mRatio's proxy settings do not apply retroactively and cannot be changed on an individual basis at all from the interface.

I ran 127.0.0.1 after running runme.bat and now my network is unstable. I would like to ask how to delete this? And how do I remove the install certificate from the root of the system?

You can remove the certificate by running this command as administrator.

certutil -delstore "Root" "mitmproxy"

The fix makes no other changes to your system, so doing that and then deleting its files is enough for a complete uninstall.

weixin
15.12.19, 13:07
So what should I do to run keepfrds .torrent on mRatio? I don't use a separate proxy on mRario, all websites will change if I use it. TLS1.2 is installed, an ipv6 website has been resolved, but keepfrds still does not work.

anon
19.12.19, 20:00
Version 2 is out!

I gave up on trying to build mitmproxy from source because it was too complicated (have to install a ton of dependencies plus Microsoft Visual Studio Tools) and I don't have time for it. If that would have fixed the "can't start new thread" error, then so will this new official build anyway.

weixin
20.12.19, 02:50
Need to remove previous certificates and configurations? Or this update comes with this delete previous version

---------- Post Merged at 00:56 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:41 ----------

Even if the certificate is deleted successfully? Do I need to implement the new TLS Fix V2 version now?

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:56 ----------

I deleted the certificate as you said, then deleted the entire directory of mRatio TLS Fix and replaced it with mRatio TLS Fix v2 [BETA]. Then rerun runme.bat and install.bat. After the execution was completed, I restarted the computer and opened uTorrent2. After the 0.4 (22967) client started the task, I opened mRatio and put keepfrds torrent into mRatio. Then, I set the keepfrds proxy to socks5 127.0.0.1:8080, but then the error in the screenshot is still displayed. prompt. I replaced the mRatio separate program you provided into my folder. The result is the same.

anon
20.12.19, 10:49
Need to remove previous certificates and configurations? Or this update comes with this delete previous version

I recommend simply deleting the old version, then using v2 as usual. The new repair feature will take care of the certificate, so you don't have to worry about that.

Even if the certificate is deleted successfully? Do I need to implement the new TLS Fix V2 version now?

See above.

I deleted the certificate as you said, then deleted the entire directory of mRatio TLS Fix and replaced it with mRatio TLS Fix v2 [BETA]. Then rerun runme.bat and install.bat. After the execution was completed, I restarted the computer and opened uTorrent2. After the 0.4 (22967) client started the task, I opened mRatio and put keepfrds torrent into mRatio. Then, I set the keepfrds proxy to socks5 127.0.0.1:8080, but then the error in the screenshot is still displayed. prompt. I replaced the mRatio separate program you provided into my folder. The result is the same.

You need to set the proxy before adding torrents (any changes you make to that setting in the preferences dialog do not apply to torrents that have already been added), and you have to keep the fix running at all times.

I see a connection error on 127.0.0.1:8080 in your screenshot, which means the proxy is configured correctly, but not responding. Make sure to keep runme.bat (the window with green text) open when mRatio is active.

weixin
20.12.19, 13:01
If you add a proxy to mR first. So aren't all the torrents going through this agent? Then the tracker shows that my client IP is different from my actual IP. When mRatio is running, should the runme.bat window keep running and not close?

snowfox373
22.12.19, 06:32
simpley delete old version,decompress the new version,run install.bat,the cmd window shows:

One or more certificate files are missing. Press any key to exit...

run runme.bat,

One or more certificate files are missing.
Continuing, but make sure to run install.bat after mitmproxy is done
initializing (i.e. you see the "Proxy server listening at..." line).

Note: the proper way to close this is pressing Ctrl+Break.
Do not close the window with the "X" button in the top right corner.

press any key continue. . .
File "mitmweb", line 2, in <module>
File "d:\a\mitmproxy\mitmproxy\.tox\cibuild\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\load
er\pyimod03_importers.py", line 627, in exec_module
File "mitmproxy\tools\main.py", line 22, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\tools\_main.py", line 14, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\master.py", line 7, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\addonmanager.py", line 8, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\eventsequence.py", line 5, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\http.py", line 7, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\request.py", line 11, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\message.py", line 5, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\encoding.py", line 11, in <module>
File "site-packages\brotli.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
[6468] Failed to execute script mitmweb

anon
22.12.19, 13:59
If you add a proxy to mR first. So aren't all the torrents going through this agent? Then the tracker shows that my client IP is different from my actual IP.

The proxy runs on your computer (and can only be accessed from it), so it's going to show your real address.

When mRatio is running, should the runme.bat window keep running and not close?

Yes, you have to keep it open. If you see clientconnect/clientdisconnect lines scrolling by, it means mRatio is using the fix correctly.

anon
22.12.19, 14:00

Thanks for reporting, I think I know the cause and will release a v3 very soon. Note that as per the first post, you should open runme.bat first and then install.bat, not the other way around.

weixin
23.12.19, 01:18
The proxy runs on your computer (and can only be accessed from it), so it's going to show your real address.

Yes, you have to keep it open. If you see clientconnect/clientdisconnect lines scrolling by, it means mRatio is using the fix correctly.

Can I minimize this runme.bat window to the system tray? This is the lower right corner of the screen. The window minimize is now directly on the taskbar. This is very inconvenient. If someone else is using a computer, it's easy for me to close this window, the X in the upper right corner.

anon
23.12.19, 12:11
Can I minimize this runme.bat window to the system tray? This is the lower right corner of the screen.

Not at the moment, but it may be possible if you use a third party program like "Magic Window Hider". A better interface is among my plans for future versions, although I can't make any promises.

Is the fix working for you now?

weixin
24.12.19, 01:46
You said that the method of keeping the runme.bat window open has been very useful to me, and now keeps the runme.bat window keepfrds torrent running perfectly.
The only thing is that the window cannot be minimized to the system tray. It would be perfect if this problem could be solved. Currently I am only adding a torrent on keepfrds to set a proxy. No proxy is set in the entire MR. I am afraid that after reading the UT memory, my IP displayed on the tracker does not match my real one.

anon
24.12.19, 18:16
You said that the method of keeping the runme.bat window open has been very useful to me, and now keeps the runme.bat window keepfrds torrent running perfectly.

That's great. Thanks for testing!

The only thing is that the window cannot be minimized to the system tray. It would be perfect if this problem could be solved.

I can't make any promises since mitmproxy is a pure console application, but I will try to add the abilities to minimize to tray and disable the close button, or maybe to run as a service with no visible interface.

Currently I am only adding a torrent on keepfrds to set a proxy. No proxy is set in the entire MR. I am afraid that after reading the UT memory, my IP displayed on the tracker does not match my real one.

This fix has no effect on your reported IP address or the memory reader feature. However, since it's a beta version, it's not a bad idea to not use the proxy on trackers where mRatio works without it nonetheless.

anon
30.12.19, 17:03

Thanks for reporting, I think I know the cause and will release a v3 very soon. Note that as per the first post, you should open runme.bat first and then install.bat, not the other way around.

Version 3 is out! However, the cause of this problem wasn't what I thought, so I can't guarantee it will work. If you still get the "DLL load failed" error, you'll have to report it at https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues.

weixin
31.12.19, 12:09
Can V3 be used directly? Do you need to delete the root certificate of V2 and install V3 again?

anon
02.01.20, 20:22
No, deleting the certificate is not required. With that said, if v2 is working fine for you, there is no need to upgrade to v3.

weixin
03.01.20, 03:53
Thanks to the host for the answer.

Can I ask the Moderator other questions?

Does the tracker only have one account for this lifetime?
On Pronbay.org, I contact the administrator via IRC. They said I cheated because I registered multiple accounts, but I explained to them that my first account was disabled because torrent publishing did not follow the rules, and after I registered a second account, it turned out to be disabled again Already. I registered one again, but it is still disabled.
How should I handle this situation?
Will I no longer have an account from now on?

anon
03.01.20, 04:12
Does the tracker only have one account for this lifetime?

Most of them do.

On Pronbay.org, I contact the administrator via IRC. They said I cheated because I registered multiple accounts, but I explained to them that my first account was disabled because torrent publishing did not follow the rules, and after I registered a second account, it turned out to be disabled again Already. I registered one again, but it is still disabled.
How should I handle this situation?
Will I no longer have an account from now on?

You can't obtain a new account "legally" at this point, but it's possible to evade detection and prevent them from knowing you have been banned in the past. Just read the following tutorial.

weixin
04.01.20, 12:59
I looked at the connection you gave, this is really too complicated. For me this method is simply impossible. I don't know these at all.

Crying

anon
04.01.20, 22:48
this is really too complicated. For me this method is simply impossible. I don't know these at all.

A quick summary:

Change your IP
Delete browser cookies, cache and history
Change your torrent client's listen port, remove all Pornbits torrents from it, and restart it
Make sure your new account details are completely different from previous accounts'

anon
09.01.20, 07:06
Version 4 is out!

ZeroX319
09.01.20, 11:13
@anon
Hello anon. I have a question. I want to use a proxy of "ShadowsocksR-dotnet4.0.exe" which local port is 1080 to hide my local ip in private tracker. I use your "mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA]". But it still shows my local ip in tracker website. What can I do?
Sorry for my poor English.
Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 ---------- Previous Post was at 08:40 ----------

@anon
After I set: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 1080 in mratio. The connection failed:"The proxy destination requires a username and password for authentication." Which is the username and password mentioned before? Is that the password of my proxy?
Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 ---------- Previous Post was at 09:03 ----------

I have tried some username and passwords. But it get stucked when I start torrents.

weixin
10.01.20, 09:35
Am I updating V4 with deleting V2's certificate? Or should I just delete the entire folder of V2?

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 ----------

I read your change log and wrote service.bat to install the service. This service runs in the background of the computer. There is no previous dialog window when using MR. But I operate according to your log, I tried frds after opening MR, it shows error, I still need to open the runme.bat window all the time

snowfox373
10.01.20, 10:56
any one have v1? mRatio TLS Fix v1 is the only release works proper for me .

v2~v4 have runme.bat error:

One or more certificate files are missing.
Continuing, but make sure to run install.bat after mitmproxy is done
initializing (i.e. you see the "Proxy server listening at..." line).

Note: the proper way to close this is pressing Ctrl+Break.
Do not close the window with the "X" button in the top right corner.

Press any key to exit...
File "mitmweb", line 2, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\tools\main.py", line 22, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\tools\_main.py", line 14, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\master.py", line 7, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\addonmanager.py", line 8, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\eventsequence.py", line 5, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\http.py", line 7, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\request.py", line 11, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\message.py", line 5, in <module>
File "mitmproxy\net\http\encoding.py", line 11, in <module>
File "site-packages\brotli.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found
[7084] Failed to execute script mitmweb
i don't know how to deal with this error,so if u guys have mRatio TLS Fix v1,can you upload here for me?

anon
11.01.20, 07:12
Hello anon. I have a question. I want to use a proxy of "ShadowsocksR-dotnet4.0.exe" which local port is 1080 to hide my local ip in private tracker. I use your "mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA]". But it still shows my local ip in tracker website. What can I do?

mitmproxy does not support using another SOCKS proxy as an upstream one. But if you use SocksCap, Proxifier or Proxycap and create a rule for the mitmweb.--- process, you should be able to "chain" it with ShadowsocksR.

After I set: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 1080 in mratio. The connection failed:"The proxy destination requires a username and password for authentication." Which is the username and password mentioned before? Is that the password of my proxy?

I have tried some username and passwords. But it get stucked when I start torrents.

This uses port 8080, not 1080. As for the username and password, that comes from the proxy you're trying to use and not this program, so I can't know what they are.

Am I updating V4 with deleting V2's certificate? Or should I just delete the entire folder of V2?

Always delete the old version before using a new one.

I read your change log and wrote service.bat to install the service. This service runs in the background of the computer. There is no previous dialog window when using MR. But I operate according to your log, I tried frds after opening MR, it shows error, I still need to open the runme.bat window all the time

Please post both the contents of mitmproxy.log and mRatio's error log for any of the torrents that's not working.

anon
11.01.20, 07:14
any one have v1? mRatio TLS Fix v1 is the only release works proper for me .

v2~v4 have runme.bat error:

i don't know how to deal with this error,so if u guys have mRatio TLS Fix v1,can you upload here for me?

*link removed*

I'll keep in mind the fact this version works where newer ones don't for future releases.

weixin
11.01.20, 08:35
Always delete the old version before using a new one.

Please post both the contents of mitmproxy.log and mRatio's error log for any of the torrents that's not working.
After using V4, I still need to keep the runme.bat window running. And mitmproxy.log is not generated under the mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA] folder

anon
12.01.20, 05:39
mitmproxy.log is not generated under the mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA] folder

Then the service isn't starting at all. I'll write a script to troubleshoot this in a few days.

ZeroX319
16.01.20, 11:35
mitmproxy does not support using another SOCKS proxy as an upstream one. But if you use SocksCap, Proxifier or Proxycap and create a rule for the mitmweb.--- process, you should be able to "chain" it with ShadowsocksR.

This uses port 8080, not 1080. As for the username and password, that comes from the proxy you're trying to use and not this program, so I can't know what they are.

Thanks for your answer!
I successfully use SocksCap to chain mratio with ShadowsocksR. But I want to ask that do you mean if I use mitmproxy as an upstream one, I can use it directly without chaining?
And I have another question. How to multiboxing mratio? I mean open two mratio at the same time. I use sandbox to achieve it now, do you have better solution?

ZeroX319
17.01.20, 11:27
Another question. Can you tell me briefly that what's memory reader and what's the difference after I use it on utorrent? Thank you.

anon
20.01.20, 09:02
I successfully use SocksCap to chain mratio with ShadowsocksR. But I want to ask that do you mean if I use mitmproxy as an upstream one, I can use it directly without chaining?

"Upstream" means a proxy for mitmproxy. You want to have a chain that looks like this (from first to last and left to right):

mRatio <----------> mitmproxy <----------> ShadowsocksR client <----------> ShadowsocksR server <----------> The Internet

Other combinations won't work.

How to multiboxing mratio? I mean open two mratio at the same time. I use sandbox to achieve it now, do you have better solution?

No, Sandboxie is the only method I'm aware of. What's the reason you want to run two instances?

Another question. Can you tell me briefly that what's memory reader and what's the difference after I use it on utorrent? Thank you.

See 33301.

ZeroX319
23.01.20, 04:23
Thanks for your answer. That really solve my problems.
At last, I want to say that you are warmhearted. And I am really grateful to your selfless contribution to maintainance the ratio tools for many years.
Anyway, thank you.

anon
23.01.20, 05:19
I appreciate the appreciation :sbi:

weixin
03.03.20, 03:14
Haven't updated to V5?

anon
03.03.20, 14:55
Haven't updated to V5?

While I did promise a v5 some time ago, this project is currently paused because I have very little free time right now.

weixin
07.03.20, 03:45
That ?s right. Okay thank you. I hope to have a version that can hide the runnme window. I can use this version as a last resort. Thank you again for providing such a great tool

ZeroX319
24.03.20, 20:46
Hello anon

I would like to ask that, is it risk to use mratio to cheat in gazelle trackers such as ggn,ptp and redacted? Is it safe enough? And are there something should keep in mind to stay safe? Please share your experience with me. Thank you.

---------- Post Merged at 19:46 ---------- Previous Post was at 13:36 ----------

I used to cheat in nexusphp tracker. Is there any difference of the cheat detect method between nexusphp and gazelle?

anon
25.03.20, 03:11
I would like to ask that, is it risk to use mratio to cheat in gazelle trackers such as ggn,ptp and redacted? Is it safe enough? And are there something should keep in mind to stay safe? Please share your experience with me. Thank you.

Even better, I'll share everyone's experience =]

I used to cheat in nexusphp tracker. Is there any difference of the cheat detect method between nexusphp and gazelle?

You shouldn't determine a tracker's cheating difficulty solely on the basis of which script it runs. The only detection method NexusPHP and Gazelle have out of the box is a "if upload speed > X, they cheat" routine... which is disabled by default, and no longer means anything in a world where 10 gigabit seedboxes exist.

So does this mean you can do it however and as much as you want? If you read the cheating experience threads, especially for RED and PTP, you will quickly discover the answer is no.

ZeroX319
25.03.20, 06:35
Thanks for your answer.

After read the experiences. I find that use mratio always get caught and use RM+ with memory reader is doable but with high risk. Is that right?

And I want to ask that in Chinese Nexusphp trackers mratio always works good, but in red ptp it doesn't, what methods does they have over those Chinese trackers?

Another question is. As memory reader is to change the fake client less suspicious with my real client, is it necessary if I only open RM+ without other clients? I mean if I use one clients to cheat without memory reader, is that safe?

And if I use some clients file which uses an individual peer_id such as qbittorrent, does it means it's no difference whether I use memory reader or not?

Last question, how does the remote memory reader of ratiomaster+ works? Does it only listen to other clients in different computers but in the same local network? How can I get the peer id and the key of the remote client of my oneprovider seedbox?

Sorry for noob question and my bad English. I 'll be really appreciate if you can answer my wordy questions.

Thanks.

anon
26.03.20, 07:01
how does the remote memory reader of ratiomaster+ works? Does it only listen to other clients in different computers but in the same local network? How can I get the peer id and the key of the remote client of my oneprovider seedbox?

The remote memory reader works on any network, as long as you're able to receive incoming TCP connections. However, a small additional task is required to make it work across the public Internet. After exporting the dummy torrent, you'll have to use Bencode Editor (download and support thread available in this forum) and replace the local IP in the announce URL with your external one. Do that, save. Start the remote memory reader, load and start the torrent in your seedbox (I won't even ask why you want to cheat if you have one) and that's it. Once again, make sure the listen port is forwarded to you beforehand - RatioMaster has an option to do this automatically via UPnP - or else nothing will happen.

As for your other questions, all of them have already been asked and answered before, so do a search and you'll find what you want to know (hint: http://www.sb-innovation.de/search.php?do=process&query=memory+reader&titleonly=1).

ZeroX319
26.03.20, 09:40
Thanks for your answer!
You are warm?hearted and I am really appreciate to your patient.

anon
12.07.20, 08:42
Time is the most valuable currency, more than the Kuwaiti dinar... anyway, version 5 is out!

ar_avishek
16.07.20, 00:12
Awesome one <3

weixin
06.08.20, 06:47
Thank you for the update. I?m trying the V5 version now. Is my V4 version just delete the entire folder?

anon
07.08.20, 00:33
Is my V4 version just delete the entire folder?

Since the new uninstall script is backwards compatible, I suggest doing the following steps.

extract v5 to a new, different directory
run the uninstall.bat from v5 as administrator
delete the v4 folder
done, proceed as usual with v5

sigduwksnsksis9283
13.08.20, 09:01
is it possible to log all errors and outputs in .log file? like the command prompt keeps hogging all the ram either due too much lines are or something else im not sure of like,
this is after continuous running session of 16-19 hours
https://i.imgur.com/EWvsimw.png
this wouldn't have been a problem if i wasnt on a potato pc :idea:

anon
14.08.20, 01:20
is it possible to log all errors and outputs in .log file?

"When running as a service, the local proxy... won't display a terminal window, instead logging all events and errors to mitmproxy.log." -- Me, 09.01.20

like the command prompt keeps hogging all the ram either due too much lines are or something else im not sure of like,
this is after continuous running session of 16-19 hours
> 2,323.8 MB

The console buffer is just text, and isn't infinite or even large enough to reach these levels. This looks like a memory leak in mitmproxy, and my possibilities of fixing that are limited (the configuration file already disables unnecessary functionality). I can send you a test version, but that will have to wait until next week; in the meantime, you can run as a service and restart it whenever memory usage grows too much.

Mon
15.08.20, 22:20
That's a lot of work. I'm surprised to see such a progress after all the time i've been off this site. You're the real hero, @anon! :rolling_eyes:

anon
16.08.20, 01:11
It's funny when you think about it. Versions 3.x and above of mRatio came out at a time when I was "retiring" from cheating and torrents in general. cheatos even asked me once, "is there a reason you're not supporting mRatio?", because my limited involvement with its programming and testing contrasted so much with what I'd done for RatioMaster, Extreme Mod, eMule SBI Leecher and PrE, etc.

Now that the program's own coder is missing in action and I don't have as much time as my high school boy self did ten years ago and I barely use private trackers in the first place, I ironically take it upon myself to do something like this so that it can keep working... because I have the skill to do so and don't want to see it become abandoned and useless. Well, life's full of surprises :idunno:

Anyway, the next version will include a way to run multiple instances of mRatio (thanks to sigduwksnsksis9283 for betatesting this feature) and here's a screenshot.

https://bayimg.com/1d1cc9f5c5a5cf0948cb1a3664bfc475f387d1ea.jpg

sigduwksnsksis9283
17.08.20, 07:26
Anyway, the next version will include a way to run multiple instances of mRatio (thanks to sigduwksnsksis9283 for betatesting this feature) and here's a screenshot.

image (https://bayimg.com/1d1cc9f5c5a5cf0948cb1a3664bfc475f387d1ea.jpg)
Yes, the multiple instance works nice but the thing is there is no way to identify which instance is seeding/cheating to which tracker without opening.. if there was a way to change the icon or add/change mratio package name then it would be amazing...
like i hide all the instance's in tray i have to open all and see which one is cheating on which tracker :/ .. this is a real mess when your running 15+ instance x(

anon
18.08.20, 03:26
Yes, the multiple instance works nice but the thing is there is no way to identify which instance is seeding/cheating to which tracker without opening.. if there was a way to change the icon or add/change mratio package name then it would be amazing...

mRatio uses an executable protector with custom parameters, which makes modding possibilities extremely limited. Otherwise, we would have decompiled it to fix bugs directly and there would be no need for this project. Efforts at analyzing and possibly decrypting the binary are ongoing; I was very fortunate that this particular check is not fully encrypted and therefore can be hacked. Custom icon should also be doable by using Resource Hacker to replace the first ICON_GROUP resource, unless there is some integrity check I haven't encountered.

Other ideas for being able to tell instances apart include adding a dummy torrent at the top of the list with a custom name and/or tag, and using the (public) mTranslator program to create a custom language file for each one with customized text.

The executable patch method does not actually remove the instance check, it only alters it to prevent multiple iterations of the same mod while still allowing others. A side effect of this is that you're able to create shortcuts with custom names and comments, then run them to activate their corresponding instance. Of course, I only provided five executables for your test, but I plan on writing a dynamic patcher for v6. No time estimates for that, though.

like i hide all the instance's in tray i have to open all and see which one is cheating on which tracker :/ .. this is a real mess when your running 15+ instance x(

Well, I didn't anticipate you would open so many, you terrorist :ninja:

sashiagustina
14.10.20, 13:01
[10/14/2020 6:03:29 PM] Torrent data and settings loaded.
[10/14/2020 6:03:29 PM] Torrent settings saved.
[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] [Waffles Method] Starting by user request.
[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] Creating START announce ...
[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] Establishing a connection ... tracker.themixingbowl.org
[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] Sending data ... GET /6b314524ad4688d8e99f747b5eb3d39a/announce?info_hash=%b6%8d6%dazi%b9X%a3%3c%92%af%88 %d4%15%25%cc%b5%f07&peer_id=-qB4250-lGQfInATycvS&port=37740&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=0&corrupt=0&key=7D143B5A&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcrypto=1&redundant=0 HTTP/1.1
Host: tracker.themixingbowl.org
User-Agent: qBittorrent/4.2.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Connection: close

[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] Receiving data ...
[10/14/2020 6:03:52 PM] Input string was not in a correct format.
[10/14/2020 6:03:52 PM] Now seeding ...
[10/14/2020 6:03:52 PM] Torrent settings saved.

mratio showing yellow colour in this log tracker

cloud99
15.10.20, 16:10
[10/14/2020 6:03:45 PM] Sending data ... GET /censored/announce?info_hash=censored&peer_id=-qB4250-lGQfInATycvS&port=37740&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=0&corrupt=0&key=7D143B5A&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcrypto=1&redundant=0 HTTP/1.1
Host: tracker.themixingbowl.org
User-Agent: qBittorrent/4.2.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Connection: close

Hi there,
I noticed the mRatio log tracker code of yours and noticed you have your passkey posted here. Please edit your post and change that so that you account is protected. Also change the torrent hash to something random. If you have already done this, please ignore my post.
~cloud99

anon
15.10.20, 17:12
mratio showing yellow colour in this log tracker

Thanks for the report, I'd been meaning to gather more information about this bug. It seems to be related to mRatio's handling of chunked responses, or responses which falsely claim to be chunked to be more specific.

I'm not going to push a fix on v6 because I need to investigate the matter in more detail, but as a workaround, you can disable the proxy when adding torrents from tracker.themixingbowl.org to mRatio. They don't use HTTPS so it's not necessary anyway.

anon
17.10.20, 19:20
Version 6 is finally out!

JohnareyouOK
30.10.20, 00:06
Anyone who has encountered the "Bencode data is incorrect" and "Input string was not in a correct format" errors.Encountered “Input string was not in a correct format” error here as well. Just PM you two packets Charles captured:
1st one: mR <-> Charles <-> mRatio Fixer v6 <-> Internet
2nd one: qB <-> Charles <-> Internet
Let me know if there's anything more need to be tested about this issue.

anon
01.11.20, 03:43
Thanks, I received and had a look at the data, and it appears to confirm my suspicious about chunked responses. I'll have a closer look and write a fix as soon as I can.

instaone
05.11.20, 14:33
SSL Error pls help
[11/5/2020 5:35:58 AM] Receiving data ...
[11/5/2020 5:36:01 AM] [526] HTTP/1.1 526 Origin SSL Certificate Error
[11/5/2020 5:36:01 AM] Now seeding ...
[11/5/2020 5:36:01 AM] Torrent settings saved.

anon
06.11.20, 01:14
[11/5/2020 5:36:01 AM] [526] HTTP/1.1 526 Origin SSL Certificate Error

That means the tracker's owner is using Cloudflare with SSL mode set to "strict", but not exposing a valid certificate to them. It's a problem on their side and anyone using any client will be affected. All you can do is wait for them to fix it or (if they have this option) not use the HTTPS announce URL.

JohnareyouOK
06.11.20, 19:15
Looking for feedback from...

Anyone whose Windows language does not use the Latin script (Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.); does installing and running this as a service work for you? See "Known issues" if it doesn't, and let me know if that didn't help.

Feedback: The service mode works perfectly on my PC with CJK environment. No need for the steps in "Known issues".

Encountered ?Input string was not in a correct format? error here as well. Just PM you two packets Charles capturedThanks, I received and had a look at the data, and it appears to confirm my suspicious about chunked responses (see my post above).I'm getting "Incorrect bencode data!" error on another tracker (different tracker than the last time encountered "Input string" error). is it the same cause as the "Input string" error and has been fixed in next version? do you still need torrent sample or packet related with this "Incorrect bencode data" error?

anon
08.11.20, 00:16
Feedback: The service mode works perfectly on my PC with CJK environment. No need for the steps in "Known issues".

This is a pretty random bug then...

I'm getting "Incorrect bencode data!" error on another tracker (different tracker than the last time encountered "Input string" error). is it the same cause as the "Input string" error and has been fixed in next version? do you still need torrent sample or packet related with this "Incorrect bencode data" error?

I'm not yet 100% sure the "input string" error is caused by chunked encoding (although it's the most plausible explanation so far), and have no details whatsoever to debug "bencode data is incorrect", so sample .torrent files that trigger them are very welcome.

JohnareyouOK
08.11.20, 20:29
I'm not yet 100% sure the "input string" error is caused by chunked encoding (although it's the most plausible explanation so far), and have no details whatsoever to debug "bencode data is incorrect", so sample .torrent files that trigger them are very welcome.Sent just now.

Btw, if anyone is also lazy as me don't wanna re-download thousands of .torrent files, but instead wanna let torrents that already been added in mRatio to use this awesome fixer, here's one method:

If wanna modify ALL torrents already in mR to use this fixer:
1. Close mRatio
2. There's a folder named "mRatioTorrents" in the same folder as mRatio.exe, copy this "mRatioTorrents" folder and paste elsewhere to backup in case.
3. Open Notepad++ (download link (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/))
4. Click Ctrl+F, switch to "Find in Files" tab
5. "Find what", fill

mRTorrentProxyType.*?mRTorrentProxyUseAuth
"Replace with", fill

mRTorrentProxyType1:318:mRTorrentProxyHost9:127.0. 0.118:mRTorrentProxyPort4:808021:mRTorrentProxyUse Auth
"Filters", fill

*.mRSave
"Directory", fill in the path to the "mRatioTorrents" folder
"Search Mode", choose "Regular Expression"
4. Click "Replace in Files" button, and "Yes" when being asked "are you sure..."
5. Done.

If only wanna modify torrents of certain trackers in mRatio to use this fixer:
Taking IPT as an example, its tracker domain is routing.bgp.technology, so
"Find what", fill

routing.bgp.technology(.*?)mRTorrentProxyType.*?mR TorrentProxyUseAuth
"Replace with", fill

routing.bgp.technology\1mRTorrentProxyType1:318:mR TorrentProxyHost9:127.0.0.118:mRTorrentProxyPort4: 808021:mRTorrentProxyUseAuth
Others are the same as above. Replace the red part with the tracker need to modified.

anon
10.11.20, 06:11
The first time I made pizza, I had no idea what I was doing, but I followed the steps and timings my mother always used and things went fine. This is basically the same principle. It works because you're replacing a set of entries between known boundaries, but if you wanted to do something else like adding entries or editing values, you would have to know their boundaries in advance and correct the lengths respectively, and the whole ordeal would become much more complex. Bencoding is a very simple format that offers good performance (no index, but lookups can skip irrelevant entries based on size), yet so damn hard for humans to edit. Or read.

I will think about adding a mass-replacer that automates this, but no promises, I don't want to spend hours working out bugs and edge cases on it.

By the way, IPT has two other trackers: localhost.stackoverflow.tech and ssl.empirehost.me. I don't know which criteria they use to favor one over the others on their torrents.

josecarmona
27.11.20, 10:16
Hi! is there any chance that you could do a portable version like the old one? thanks!

anon
28.11.20, 06:55
This is still portable, that hasn't changed from previous versions =] Installing it as a service is optional. Installing the root certificate is mandatory, but .NET uses the system certificate store, and there are no workarounds I'm aware of.

josecarmona
28.11.20, 16:41
Thanks for your amazing work in this tool! i can't wait for 7! keep it up!

alina
30.11.20, 04:24
Torrent data and settings loaded.
Torrent settings saved.
Torrent starting by user request ...
Creating START announce ...
Establishing a connection ... abtorrents.me
Error establish the connection: A timeout while waiting for the proxy destination to respond.
Retrying tracker connection with abtorrents.me in 30s.

Ports are 2810 and 2910.

anon
10.12.20, 00:36
Version 7 is out! Uninstalling v6 before upgrading is highly recommended, especially if you're running this as a service.

JohnareyouOK
14.12.20, 07:21
Just feedback, V7 works very well so far with 5200 fake seeding torrents and ~50 active up/down new torrents per day. error code 1053 appears again, but was also resolved again after spaces removed.

sigduwksnsksis9283
14.12.20, 10:50
works very well so far with 5200 fake seeding torrents

Give thou, some knowledge on how thy can use mr to seed 5.2k torrents. thy is very sad that it can't do it and mr starts throwing error or uses too much cpu power of my potato.

JohnareyouOK
14.12.20, 13:06
Give thou, some knowledge on how thy can use mr to seed 5.2k torrents. thy is very sad that it can't do it and mr starts throwing error or uses too much cpu power of my potato.That must be sucks bro. mR doesn't have these issues on my machine. With ~5000 torrents running, the memory usage is at ~50MB and CPU usage is totally negligible (it's not CPU-bound program after all). Overall, pretty stable.

The only serious bug I've met is a certain probability that it would crash when I typed keywords after the cursor was positioned in search box. Other than this, never met a throw-out error.

Another reminder is avoid selecting and deselecting huge number of torrents at once, like on a scale of ~5000 torrents, if I press Ctrl+A accidentally, mR would freezing for at least 40min ...... and after 40min it finally wakes up, I deselect them, again accidentally, by clicking a random torrent, another 40min begins.... :shockkk!:

Anyway, High CPU is definitely not normal. Maybe try asking in mR's main thread?

anon
14.12.20, 19:38
I gave some advice on how to (possibly) reduce mRatio's CPU usage some time ago.

...make sure "reduce memory consumption" is disabled and "don't resize the main window in real time" is enabled in the settings. Increase the interface refresh rate to 2s. Always sort the torrent list by name so that elements only move when you add or delete something. Collapse groups that have less-relevant torrents so that fewer elements have to be refreshed.

The248 changed the list view control at one point to address slowdowns with many loaded torrents. With that said, I think we can all agree that 5,200 of them is 1. not a standard scenario, 2. pushing the limits of any program, whether they're a ratio cheating tool or a legitimate client. Writing extreme high-performance code isn't easy.

weixin
16.12.20, 03:39
I used the real client of QB4.2.5. Then I also selected QB4.2.5 in MR. Then I read the real client memory data in MR. The result still cannot be read at this time.
I am using UT2.0.4 to simulate the client and I can read the memory and its port on the real client normally.

anon
16.12.20, 03:42
The memory reader in mRatio only supports uTorrent. Furthermore, it wouldn't be necessary for qBittorrent 4.2.5 in any case.

sigduwksnsksis9283
16.12.20, 23:16
a legitimate client.
This reminded me how deluge suffers just by adding 2k or so torrents. the fact we can cheat with 5.2k or more torrents is more then amazing considering how old this software is.

anon
16.12.20, 23:31
This reminded me how deluge suffers just by adding 2k or so torrents.

As I recall, Deluge won't even attempt to run so many unless you change some configuration parameters.

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Development/Vast_amount_of_torrents#Stateofgit-developTobev2

I think rTorrent is the only client that is actually able to deal with thousands of torrents. The others only try and succeed to some extent :memehappy:

the fact we can cheat with 5.2k or more torrents is more then amazing considering how old this software is.

You should download and run mRatio 2.0.9 just to see what a long way we've come since then. Saving the torrent list? No, just readd them every time you start the program, it can't be that hard. uTorrent emulation and client files? You don't need that!

weixin
17.12.20, 09:47
The memory reader in mRatio only supports uTorrent. Furthermore, it wouldn't be necessary for qBittorrent 4.2.5 in any case.

Except for the UT client, does any client mRatio support memory reading?

anon
17.12.20, 17:07
No, only uTorrent is supported.

dxdo
20.12.20, 11:29
i download mratio and now what is this? what is the difference

anon
20.12.20, 21:14
This is an addon for mRatio. Everything you need to know is explained in the first post.

sigduwksnsksis9283
22.12.20, 01:12
got this error today while adding some avistaz torrents randomly.

[12/22/2020 6:12:42 AM] The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
[12/22/2020 6:12:42 AM] Retrying in 30s.

and

127.0.0.1:19827: Client Handshake failed. The client may not trust the proxy's certificate for tracker.avistaz.to.
with this few lines above

127.0.0.1:19825: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 197, in peek
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "mitmproxy\proxy\server.py", line 121, in handle
File "mitmproxy\proxy\modes\socks_proxy.py", line 54, in __call__
File "mitmproxy\proxy\protocol\tls.py", line 245, in __call__
File "mitmproxy\net\tls.py", line 468, in from_file
File "mitmproxy\net\tls.py", line 406, in get_client_hello
File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 199, in peek
mitmproxy.exceptions.TcpException: ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None)

127.0.0.1:19825: clientdisconnect
any idea what causes "unexpected packet format"?

anon
22.12.20, 04:48
any idea what causes "unexpected packet format"?

There are two possible causes.

The server is very outdated and does not support the "new" TLS Client Hello message or secure renegotiation. Not the case here, as tracker.avistaz.to uses Cloudflare, and mRatio Fixer takes some measures to prevent this from happening.
An HTTP request is being sent to an HTTPS port, or viceversa. Shouldn't occur either, but there's a chance v7's port autodetection code is failing for some reason.

If this happens consistently and/or with specific torrents, I would appreciate receiving a copy of the .torrent files, as well as the client file you're using. I won't use your passkey, but I need everything to be unaltered.

sigduwksnsksis9283
22.12.20, 04:55
If this happens consistently and/or with specific torrents, I would appreciate receiving a copy of the .torrent files, as well as the client file you're using. I won't use your passkey, but I need everything to be unaltered.
i'll send one next time i find this issue, since it occurs on a random basis to a random torrent can't give specific ones. so it will be 30 or so torrents since it occurs on 3-5 while starting.

st379
14.01.21, 17:18
I wanted to delete vuze so I am now looking at a replacement. Thank you for your hard work.

anon
15.01.21, 01:54
My Windows virtual machines are/were stored on my external disk, which failed last month. Fortunately, the one I used to work on this project was the only exception. It's also interesting that the failure occurred the same day v7 was released...

Anyway, I'm happy to know this has been useful and the latest version is largely stable.

anon
20.01.21, 16:28
Since this project is out of beta and no regressions have been reported, I will delete my copies of previous versions soon. If anyone is interested on having them, let me know. All deleted.

Badr
14.02.21, 04:33
thank you for the hard work. mRatio is my favorite and the easiest to use.

anon
16.02.21, 04:11
I'm pleased I was able to delay mRatio's descent into obsolence with what appears to be a fairly successful attempt. And help from betatesters was key to that!

Unregistered
25.02.21, 10:41
I'm pleased I was able to delay mRatio's descent into obsolence with what appears to be a fairly successful attempt. And help from betatesters was key to that!

mratio not working on blutopia and digitalcore club

anon
26.02.21, 07:40
Can you post mRatio logs from those torrents that don't work?

anon
23.03.21, 14:33
1000 downloads! :w00t:

anon
08.08.21, 05:02
I had plans for a v8, but due to reasons beyond the scope of this post, I am no longer able to continue working on mRatio Fixer.

In the attachment, you will find all the notes I took for the upcoming release, as well as what little progress was made on it during the last four months. Anyone who has time and skill to fork the project and keep improving it is encouraged to do so, provided everyone mentioned in the first post is credited.

To all testers, this wouldn't have made it anywhere without your help. You turned an idea and a horribly written launch script from me into a reliable addon used by many people every day. And somewhere along the way, we even discovered how to run multiple mRatio instances too. Thank you!

:gthanks: :sbi:

start.bat: change administrator privilege check so that it's only done when necessary, since mitmproxy itself doesn't need it
inst_patch.bat: check if generated filename already exists before proceeding, create a new name if it does (even though it's extremely unlikely and could theoretically lead to an endless loop if all valid filenames already exist)
inst_patch.bat: check that "mRatio.exe" isn't a directory when calculating its hash with sha256sum

Antenelles
16.08.21, 15:22
Not work ... after a few days

This script requires administrator privileges. To run it, you should:
* Right-click on start.bat
* Click on "Run as administrator"
* Click on "Yes" in the User Account Control prompt

and nothings happend

anon
19.08.21, 01:18
Well, did you run it as administrator?

lotteria
01.10.21, 05:54
I'm using mRatio v5.4.1 on my previous Windows 11, also use mRatio fixer v7 on that Windows version, but I've downgraded the Windows version to Win 10 LTSC (not used fixer v7 yet, and backed up the torrents files on other disk) and when i turned on mRatio, some torrents that appeared this, and its 'Status' bar is always show 'Starting' with the yellow face:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080

Mostly of the torrent files had this were added before i use fixer v7 (the files before i used v7 in Win 11 version was fine), and when i realized it i used fixer v7 again on Win 10 but it didn't change anything: https://imgbox.com/OTOBqhiN

Anyways, it's just an unpredictable error when changing the OS, when i changed Win 10 to Win 11 (previous of previous :biggrin: ), it runs correctly.

anon
02.10.21, 06:21
"Connection refused" means Fixer can't bind to port 8080 or isn't active at all. Are you running interactively or as a service? What's in the log window/file?

lotteria
26.10.21, 04:30
"Connection refused" means Fixer can't bind to port 8080 or isn't active at all. Are you running interactively or as a service? What's in the log window/file?
What do you mean when running it "interactively" or "service"? Sorry I don't know much about this field.
I think that is a conflict between mRatio with my torrent client, because I remember that I've configured the WebUI of my torrent client, I used XAMPP to deploy and test too, so I think it's incompatible :)

sigduwksnsksis9283
26.10.21, 06:18
What do you mean when running it "interactively" or "service"? Sorry I don't know much about this field.
interactively means that you can see the logs in a command panel and with some tinkering change stuff on it. like running the bat file as admin is interactive, service means that it runs in the back-end without the user knowing what happens and the logs are instead stored in a log file.

I think that is a conflict between mRatio with my torrent client, because I remember that I've configured the WebUI of my torrent client, I used XAMPP to deploy and test too, so I think it's incompatible :)
Try to avoid using the web client as its not good as the main client unless your doing something differently. mratio shouldn't have any conflicts with your client no matter what, please provide some more info. unless you are trying to keep the same torrent in both mratio and client at the same time avoid it because it leads to more damage then benefit.

also side note since you might be facing port issues, you can change the port of mratio fixer by changing this line 23 in `config.yaml`

listen_port: 8080

to any other port that is free and not in used either by your client or XAMPP server tools. then use that port back in mratio and see if you still see the same issues. also run interactively instead of silent when trying it, then switch to service after problems are sorted.

anon
02.11.21, 05:12
XAMPP or torrent client binding on port 8080 is a possibility, but there are many ifs here, so I'll wait for the log before jumping to conclusions. sigduwksnsksis9283 answered everything else.

zacader
17.05.22, 08:17
How to use it with vpn ? The connection to the tracker server is unstable ,so i need vpn to connect tracker

anon
17.05.22, 11:55
How to use it with vpn ?

No additional setup is required for that. If you're encountering problems, make sure to follow the steps in the first post carefully (note mRatio proxy settings do not apply retroactively for existing torrents), and post error logs from both programs if they persist.

Adolfinho
07.06.22, 05:06
two questions, 256 kb/s per torrent (max 10mb/s total) is a "tolerable" seeding speed using General trackers like TL or IPT?
is better leave the upnp mapping ports on or off in settings?
is better use my real ip adress on settings or leave it blank?

thanks in advance, cheers from Brazil

zacader
11.06.22, 09:39
win10 2019 ltsc run start.bat as administrator ?cmd window show something then quickly disappear , then popup "windows can't open .--- file" and let me chose a application to open .--- file.
i had install the "x86 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and ".net 3.5" . ltsc can not run mRatio Fixer v7?What should I do? I need help!

anon
13.06.22, 20:14
256 kb/s per torrent (max 10mb/s total) is a "tolerable" seeding speed using General trackers like TL or IPT?
is better leave the upnp mapping ports on or off in settings?

See my reply to 365220 which I'm guessing was also written by you.

is better use my real ip adress on settings or leave it blank?

That feature should be ignored unless you have specific reasons to use it.

win10 2019 ltsc run start.bat as administrator ?cmd window show something then quickly disappear , then popup "windows can't open .--- file" and let me chose a application to open .--- file.

Can anyone else confirm this? I deliberately changed the extension on all bundled executables to .--- because they aren't meant to be run directly, and under normal circumstances this does not affect functionality.

As a workaround, you can try renaming them back to .exe and editing the batch files accordingly. Make sure to either use Notepad or select cp437 encoding in your text editor.

mmmmm
17.06.22, 00:21
Can anyone else confirm this? I deliberately changed the extension on all bundled executables to .--- because they aren't meant to be run directly, and under normal circumstances this does not affect functionality.

As a workaround, you can try renaming them back to .exe and editing the batch files accordingly. Make sure to either use Notepad or select cp437 encoding in your text editor.

win10 1703 x64 enterprise work .

i had install the "x86 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and ".net 3.5" . ltsc can not run mRatio Fixer v7?What should I do? I need help!
try this https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/releases

anon
18.06.22, 21:18
win10 1703 x64 enterprise work .

Thanks for checking. This is a pretty curious issue... but my workaround should work fine. If there are more reports about this, I'll mention it on the first post and possibly make a hotfix for affected users.

zacader
20.06.22, 04:17
See my reply to 365220 which I'm guessing was also written by you.

That feature should be ignored unless you have specific reasons to use it.

Thank you very much . Rename them back to .exe , this solved my issue.

I have reinstalled the system many times . two approaches solve the issue , 1 is rename them back to .exe , 2 is update windows system .These two methods only apply to 2019 ltsc . Win10 consumer edition and win7 ultimate have no such issue

try this https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/releases

Thank you for your advice, I've tried.
I reinstalled the microsoft Official image 2019 ltsc os and only the program recommended by you are installed,issue still exist, it not works for me. But i reinstalled the system again ,do not install any program, only update the windows, this issue solved. I extract "mRatio Fixer v7" somewhere run start.bat as administrator , it works well . I just update windows system without installing any programs .

anon
20.06.22, 05:21
These two methods only apply to 2019 ltsc . Win10 consumer edition and win7 ultimate have no such issue

Well, that's even more interesting... Windows 8 onwards has been a steady stream of fuckups, but it's rare for Microsoft to make a change that 1. only affects a specific version, 2. alters a behavior present for more than two decades with no obvious reason, 3. affects a component that is on maintenance mode (cmd.exe) instead of its favored alternative (the new Terminal app). However, you got it working and that's all that matters.

Also, reinstalling your operating system multiple times just to debug this problem is really admirable :gsmile:

weixin
23.07.22, 02:08
Please I am getting this error now. How should it be solved? I was running normally a few days ago and suddenly the computer restarted and opened start. bat has such an error, all bats in this folder have this error. I can't even delete the certificate and the entire folder. Hope it gets resolved. i have win11 operating system
https://s2.loli.net/2022/07/23/j32VYJ9x64uMsHK.png
https://s2.loli.net/2022/07/23/uhJiUltPzd7IawB.png

anon
23.07.22, 14:26
loli.net :wub:

Anyway, I suppose you fixed the problem by doing as the first screenshot says? I mean, the method used to check for administrator privileges is simple yet very effective, but you never know with Microsoft and Windows 11.

Mon
13.08.22, 12:52
Hi, how should I set up my own proxy if fixer's one is already set in the settings (127.0.0.1)? Should I use an external software (e.g. proxifier)?

anon
13.08.22, 14:48
Unfortunately mitmproxy doesn't support upstream proxies in SOCKS mode, so you'll indeed have to resort to an external solution. Proxifier would be my recommendation due to its excellent compatibility. Remember that the rules you implement must apply to mitmproxy.---, not mRatio.exe.

dewdy2k
06.03.23, 17:03
How can I change the port that mRatio Fixer operates on (8080) to something else? Another application, which I run, needs to use this port.

AxiomaticDirection
06.03.23, 17:14
How can I change the port that mRatio Fixer operates on (8080) to something else? Another application, which I run, needs to use this port.

Change listen_port on config.yaml.

dewdy2k
06.03.23, 17:43
I did change the port in config.yaml and mRatio to 8050, but it does not seem to work. Do I need to do something else?

mRatio Fixer shows: Proxy server listening at 127.0.0.1:8050, but there is no Client Connect / Disconnect activity...

anon
06.03.23, 18:30

Change listen_port on config.yaml.

This was already asked and answered in the previous page, by the way...

mRatio Fixer shows: Proxy server listening at 127.0.0.1:8050, but there is no Client Connect / Disconnect activity...

Check the following.

4. Open mRatio and configure this proxy in the preferences: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 8080

· Changes to mRatio's proxy settings do not apply retroactively, so existing torrents will not be affected.
Workaround: remove and readd torrents, or use the procedure detailed at 359303.

dewdy2k
06.03.23, 18:57
This was already asked and answered in the previous page, by the way...

Check the following.

Mea culpa, I went through the other pages, but it seems that I was not reading carefully.

I have followed the guide to refresh the torrents and now it works like a charm. You are the best, thank you!

Byden2050
18.04.23, 13:31
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080
PLEASE HELP

https://imgbox.com/Yb8w9rYA

anon
18.04.23, 14:06
You can start by reading the replies to posts where others reported the same error.

Byden2050
18.04.23, 15:06
You can start by reading the replies to posts where others reported the same error.

I am failed to fix. Please help

Byden2050
19.04.23, 15:43
PLEASE HELP

https://imgbox.com/Yb8w9rYA

Any better solution for this problem? I tried lot but fail every time.

anon
20.04.23, 08:51
You may have missed this post =]

Byden2050
20.04.23, 09:18
You may have missed this post =]

Log file- https://imgbox.com/AQIoDZqX

anon
20.04.23, 09:39
It's the logs from Fixer that I need. Those are in the terminal window if you used start.bat, or a .log file if you installed this as a service.

mmmmm
26.04.23, 00:52
>>>>>> mRatio Fixer v7 <<<<<<

Features:

· Fixes the "received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream" error (caused by lack of TLS 1.2 support)
· Fixes the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error (caused by response compression)
· Fixes the "a call to SSPI failed" error (exact cause unknown)
· Fixes the "input string was not in a correct format" and "bencode data is incorrect" errors (caused by chunked responses)
· Can run interactively or as a service
· Includes mRatio multiple instance unlocker and patcher

also fixing

Invalid compressed gzip data

mmmmm
27.04.23, 02:30
It's the logs from Fixer that I need. Those are in the terminal window if you used start.bat, or a .log file if you installed this as a service.

found this error at terminal , maybe useful for next fixer update .

127.0.0.1:60177: clientconnect
127.0.0.1:60177: Traceback (most recent call last):
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

File "mitmproxy\net\tls.py", line 401, in get_client_hello
mitmproxy.exceptions.TcpException: ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None)

mitmproxy has crashed!
Please lodge a bug report at: https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy
127.0.0.1:60177: clientdisconnect
127.0.0.1:60186: clientconnect

something else

127.0.0.1:55332: clientdisconnect
127.0.0.1:55334: clientconnect
127.0.0.1:55334: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "mitmproxy\proxy\protocol\tls.py", line 281, in __call__
File "mitmproxy\proxy\protocol\tls.py", line 386, in _establish_tls_with_client
File "mitmproxy\connections.py", line 139, in convert_to_tls

mitmproxy has crashed!
127.0.0.1:55334: clientdisconnect

anon
can you update it to the last versions ?
since this one from
10.12.20 but the last mitmproxy is Nov 2, 2022 , off-course when you got some free time .

anon
27.04.23, 13:14

mitmproxy has crashed!

Well, that's bad :smilie4: If you can isolate one or more .torrent files that trigger these errors consistently, I'd be very interested to see them!

the last mitmproxy is Nov 2, 2022

The mitmproxy in v7 already wasn't current at the time of release, but I had to do that to maintain Windows 7 compatibility and avoid a memory leak in the then-latest version.

With that said, there's a possibility of updating the project to v8... stay tuned!

mmmmm
28.04.23, 17:34
Well, that's bad :smilie4: If you can isolate one or more .torrent files that trigger these errors consistently, I'd be very interested to see them!

The mitmproxy in v7 already wasn't current at the time of release, but I had to do that to maintain Windows 7 compatibility and avoid a memory leak in the then-latest version.

i don't know which one cause the crash but am watching ,
i can send you list of those trackers using fixer7 .

With that said, there's a possibility of updating the project to v8... stay tuned!
:top:

anon

can you add something at the .bat to show the time ?

i searched and found this (https://superuser.com/questions/283673/how-to-get-windows-command-prompt-to-display-time) but don't know which one and where ?

by the way the crash happen again .

mmmmm
29.04.23, 08:09
i think found one of four crashes :
The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
Retrying in 30s.

sent you another torrent from the same tracker (untouched) at PM .

anon
29.04.23, 11:05
can you add something at the .bat to show the time ?

Error messages come from the mitmproxy process, but if you replace the contents of fixer.py with this, you can add a basic yet effective logging feature.

https://paste.ggc-project.de/?018459a5dfbe3231#EM14EAKCYquSCvcUU7rbXX3gAuiPP5G8 a2nMaJnndBpR

No need to restart Fixer as the change applies immediately.

i think found one of four crashes :
The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
Retrying in 30s.

sent you another torrent from the same tracker (untouched) at PM .

Thanks, this one has happened before but it is very hard to reproduce, so I never found what causes it or if it's something I can fix at all.

I found a way to upgrade mitmproxy without dropping Windows 7 support, so I'm hoping switching to the latest version will finally end weird bugs like these (there were major changes in the engine since 4.0.4).

mmmmm
29.04.23, 12:49
Error messages come from the mitmproxy process, but if you replace the contents of fixer.py with this, you can add a basic yet effective logging feature.

https://paste.ggc-project.de/?018459a5dfbe3231#EM14EAKCYquSCvcUU7rbXX3gAuiPP5G8 a2nMaJnndBpR

now its show the time and the tracker , perfect :top: ,thanks

Thanks, this one has happened before but it is very hard to reproduce, so I never found what causes it or if it's something I can fix at all.

I found a way to upgrade mitmproxy without dropping Windows 7 support, so I'm hoping switching to the latest version will finally end weird bugs like these (there were major changes in the engine since 4.0.4).

:top:

mmmmm
29.04.23, 17:44

its more easy now with the time and tracker

sent you a torrent from the second tracker cause crash
can you check the certificate of this tracker maybe there is a problem with it .

mmmmm
29.04.23, 23:03
i found the others two trackers if you still interested .

another errors :

127.0.0.1:61158: Client Handshake failed. The client may not trust the proxy's certificate for bwtorrents.tv.

127.0.0.1:60544: SOCKS5 mode failure: TcpDisconnect('[WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host',)

anon
30.04.23, 13:52
Okay, I checked everything you sent me.

Connection was forcibly closed: haven't managed to replicate this so far. The message merely means the TCP connection was reset on the server side and there are many possible reasons for that.
mitmproxy has crashed: your logs indicate it is caused by the above error, which normally shouldn't be fatal...
Unexpected packet format: haven't managed to replicate this one either. This error means the tracker is not returning a valid response to the initial TLS Client Hello packet. The best I can do is capturing traffic in hopes of eventually encountering it, then check what exactly is being sent (and I'm doing that right now).
Client handshake failed: as per 360275 this may be caused by or be interconnected to the others.

None of the trackers you sent me have any bad certificates or TLS misconfigurations. The best I can do while I continue running tests is giving you a second update to fixer.py; this one strips some more long HTTP headers, and if the crashes still occur, the extra logging will tell us whether it's before or after processing the response.

https://paste.ggc-project.de/?d5d87f686c008867#6GBedd5JzVsUfi6coob9YTutxohQJCrs Tg3y6omYf7WD

mmmmm
01.05.23, 14:14
[2023-05-01 15:34:51.927766] Making https connection to bwtorrents.tv:443
127.0.0.1:53897: clientconnect
127.0.0.1:53897: Traceback (most recent call last):

mitmproxy has crashed!
127.0.0.1:53897: clientdisconnect
127.0.0.1:53898: clientconnect
[2023-05-01 15:34:54.873724] Making https connection to bwtorrents.tv:443

127.0.0.1:57160: clientconnect
[2023-05-01 18:24:24.433874] Making https connection to digitalcore.club:443
[2023-05-01 18:24:25.253397] Processing response from digitalcore.club:443 as https
127.0.0.1:57160: clientdisconnect
127.0.0.1:57220: clientconnect

127.0.0.1:57220: Traceback (most recent call last):

mitmproxy has crashed!

127.0.0.1:57220: clientdisconnect
127.0.0.1:57221: clientconnect
[2023-05-01 18:27:48.711760] Making https connection to torrentland.li:443
[2023-05-01 18:27:49.492994] Processing response from torrentland.li:443 as https
[2023-05-01 18:27:49.492994] Killing HTTP header "X-RateLimit-Limit" in response
[2023-05-01 18:27:49.492994] Killing HTTP header "X-RateLimit-Remaining" in response
[2023-05-01 18:27:49.492994] Killing HTTP header "Permissions-Policy" in response
127.0.0.1:57221: clientdisconnect

anon
01.05.23, 18:54
Those logs show the connection is reset before receiving a response. So it's either something at the network level, or the tracker doesn't like the request and immediately sends a RST (but that's unlikely since all we do is parse the Host header and change the TCP destination port if required)

Since I haven't managed to encounter any of these so far, I don't have any other ideas for now :gnoes: I think I'll focus on upgrading to mitmproxy 9, and if the problems continue, make a special debug build to get more data.

mmmmm
01.05.23, 21:58
Those logs show the connection is reset before receiving a response. So it's either something at the network level, or the tracker doesn't like the request and immediately sends a RST (but that's unlikely since all we do is parse the Host header and change the TCP destination port if required)

Since I haven't managed to encounter any of these so far, I don't have any other ideas for now :gnoes: I think I'll focus on upgrading to mitmproxy 9, and if the problems continue, make a special debug build to get more data.

so no more logs until you upgrade mitmproxy 9 , that's the good news :top:
waiting your free time :jubel:

anon
30.05.23, 04:57
Not dead.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21544

nageshnarian
07.09.23, 17:05
using mRatio without fixer. Can i start using fixer and continue with the existing seeding list in mRatio?

Update: Got it from tutorial.

hiwa29
13.09.23, 09:16
Is this Fixer necessary ?
can i use mratio without this patch ?

anon
13.09.23, 09:46
Only one way to know. :wwink:

hiwa29
13.09.23, 11:01
Only one way to know. :wwink:

guess i don't need this fixer, mratio didn't give me any error :biggrin:

bulletproof2k
22.10.23, 16:48
@anon Is Ratio and this patch relevant at the moment?

anon
23.10.23, 07:59
Someone already asked that in this very page, three posts above yours.