PDA

View Full Version : Azureus v3.xx & DL only certain files

CoreCore
05.05.08, 15:09
I have been wondering if there is anyway to make Azureus (either with plugin or setting change) to only download the certain file(s) you select to DL at time.

Ect if i just need like files .r00-.r04. Is there anyway to keep Azureus from writing them to HDD. Like uTorrent just uses a info file with the data from the other files in the torrent and only writes to HDD the files you selected to download.

Thanks for the info

Ultraviolet
05.05.08, 18:11
Add the torrent to Azureus in Stopped Mode.
Select Details for torrent.
Go to "Files"
Set all files you don't want to "Don't download"
Start torrent
Azureus might write the not needed to HDD, but with filesize=0.

Hope that helped. ;)

CoreCore
06.05.08, 03:43
Thanks, for the info... yea that is how im doing it now. Just wondering if there was anyway of keeping it from even writing them with 0 bits on the HDD.

Just a bit confusing at times what where the files i needed and Not. I mite be able to make a plug-in that will do it, just need to figure out exactly how the info would be stored in a separate file like uTorrent does it.

abcabc
08.05.08, 15:22
Hi,
If you want to download only some certain files in torrent, you can choose WRONG default location for download. I mean If you have 3 hdd that is C, D, E. You choose the default location for download is H:\ or something different C,D,E. So when you open the torrent. It will pop up and let you choose which files will be downloaded and change the path.

This is not a wise idea but I think it can help.

Sorry if my English is bad.

cutthroat1855
09.05.08, 14:31
just choose the files tht u want to download and if it created files tht u dont want to download on ur hard drive just select them from the files list again and click on delete
check the pic

CoreCore
09.05.08, 14:34
thanks cut, i did not think about doing that way

cutthroat1855
09.05.08, 15:45
no proplem , i hope it worked ;)