PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss tracker anti-cheat detection

kimemono
26.07.18, 03:18
So I have no knowledge whatsoever about what kind of information a tracker stores and how could it be used to detect ratio cheating.
But I was thinking, if a tracker stores how much Terabytes were downloaded in a torrent and how much was uploaded, if there's more upload than download, it could be easily detected that someone is cheating.
So Maybe in an automated system they could store which userkey is connecting to others and how much they're sending to each, it would be almost impossible to cheat, unless you were using 2 accounts - one downloading and one uploading from each other.

That's just my crazy theory, but if someone knows how anti-cheat systems work, I'd be glad if you could explain :)

Instab
26.07.18, 08:03
if someone knows how anti-cheat systems work, I'd be glad if you could explain :)
there is no general anti-cheat system. it depends on each tracker, which values they store and how they use them. impossible to tell unless you've seen their code.

anon
27.07.18, 00:18
there is no general anti-cheat system. it depends on each tracker, which values they store and how they use them. impossible to tell unless you've seen their code.

This.

I once attempted to compile a list of anti-cheat scripts and measures (see thread 19258), but it would have never been complete.

JohnareyouOK
28.03.19, 19:44
I once attempted to compile a list of anti-cheat scripts and measures (see thread 19258)
Thread 19258 does not appear to be viewable because of permission to access issue. curious to know about it if it can be opened to ordinary member.:tongue:

anon
30.03.19, 17:43
It was on the elite section, but since it's a nine year old thread, I guess it wouldn't hurt to "declassify" it as read-only. Try again now.