PDA

View Full Version : Joal-Desktop (Windows / Linux / Mac)

anthony-joal
17.09.17, 01:20
What is Joal-Desktop
Joal-Dekstop is somehow a ratio master, the "desktop" version works though a graphical user interface (pictures available at the bottom of this post).
I initially developped JOAL because i was bored of the .NET framework requirement and i wanted to have a ratio-faker that could work on every OS.

How JOAL compares with other tools

JOAL
RatioMaster Plus
mRatio

OS
Windows / Linux / Mac
Windows
Windows

Multi-torrent
Yes
Yes
Yes

Configuration
Simple as hell
Hard
Simple

Memory reader
No
Yes
Yes

App updates
Automatic on Windows
Download needed
Download needed

Clients file updates
Automatic
Download needed
Download needed

Proxy compliant
No
Yes
Yes

Multiple language
No
Yes
Yes

Headless server app
Yes
No
No

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying JOAL is better than other tools around here. It does not cover the same needs. JOAL is focused in providing a simple user experience with multi-os support. It will fit your need if you want to get started with cheating your ratio or if get yourself lost in configuring other tools, but if you are an advanced user (or a developper) you'll find much more configuration opportunities in mRatio or RatioMaster.

How to use it safely

Start the app.
Wait for updates to be checked.
Change the configuration (if needed).
Drag and drop torrents.
Voila!
Click on "stop" before closing the app.

Some tips you need to know to use joal properly:
Do not use JOAL when your real torrent client is started.
Try not to froget to press the "STOP" button before closing the app.
Always download torrents in your regular client before adding them into JOAL.

Where do i download it
Download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/latest)

On Windows app is auto-updated when you start it.
On Linux app is auto-updated when you start it.
On OSX updates must be downloaded manually (because a god damn signing certificate cost $300 a year...)

Preview

If you like the project consider adding a star to the repository : https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop (on the top-right).

josecarmona
17.09.17, 10:40
Hi! congrats for the release! one question,it would be possible to make it portable? thanks

anthony-joal
17.09.17, 11:32
Hi, thanks.
The autoUpdater and the configuration folder would require too much work to be made portable. Sorry about that.

adamindibi
17.09.17, 13:19
So, it doesn't download the torrent file? Uploading from scratch.

anthony-joal
17.09.17, 14:18
So, it doesn't download the torrent file? Uploading from scratch.

Exactly it just uploads

adamindibi
17.09.17, 17:47
Isn't it dangerous though?

anthony-joal
17.09.17, 18:18
Not at all. you just need to download the file in your real torrent client before you add it to JOAL.
I didn't want joal to be a real client that download files before uploading it, it's just a simple upload faker.

zora
18.09.17, 04:25
The mac app opens up, checks for updates and then goes to a white blank page where nothing happens. Tried opening it a few times at this point.

anthony-joal
18.09.17, 08:41
Damn... Nothing never works on mac x)
Can you try to run a terminal then start joal app from this terminal? I'll be interested on what is outputed to the terminal

adamindibi
18.09.17, 14:08
I'll be using this because it really has a simple design, and I like those fonts, really. + it has a client file I can edit with any notepad software. But do you know how to get the peerid my own torrent client? Thanks.

anon
18.09.17, 18:02
it has a client file I can edit with any notepad software.

But do you know how to get the peerid my own torrent client?

Do you only want the peer_id, or are you interested on writing/updating client files?

anthony-joal
18.09.17, 18:41
I'll be using this because it really has a simple design, and I like those fonts, really. + it has a client file I can edit with any notepad software. But do you know how to get the peerid my own torrent client? Thanks.

Same question as @anon.

If you want to set the peerid (like mRatio allow you to do with memory reader), you can't do that. JOAL was meant to be simple and will stay like that.

If you want to build your own client files, well... that's a complex process to explain here, but if you got some time i can teach you that. It require times to create a file for a new torrent client client though.

There is no memory reader because (first not all client can be memory readen) and mostly because the workflow for JOAL is not the same as the one for mRatio.
mRatio memory reader is ment to be started along with your BitTorrent client.
JOAL is ment to be used without the real BitTorrent client (even if you can use it along).

The most common use case scenario for JOAL is:
1) Download a file with your real BitTorrent client.
2) Remove the file from your real BitTorrent client as soon as it's over.
3) Close your real BitTorrent client.
4) Start JOAL.
5) Add the torrent to JOAL.
6) Keep seeding.
7) Don't forget to press "stop" before closing the app.

JOAL is simple but everything comes at a cost. You won't be spotted by loosing yourself in configuration, but to be simple JOAL needs to get ride of somes features.
I'm focusing myself on providing a simple user experience with up to dates client files.

ratiocu
18.09.17, 23:31
how can i use on raspberry pi ? where is the java files ? i want to use web interface for raspberry pi ( java )

anthony-joal
18.09.17, 23:51
Hi ratiocu.

The .jar file has not been officialy release yet because of the lack of documentation (even if you can download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal/releases)).
It should be released in the next few days. ;)

zora
19.09.17, 08:02
Damn... Nothing never works on mac x)
Can you try to run a terminal then start joal app from this terminal? I'll be interested on what is outputed to the terminal

Sure thing! What would I have to type? I don't really know what I'm doing in the command line lol

adamindibi
19.09.17, 11:41
I'd love that, I only need to know how the base peerID for torrent clients. Otherwise, I looked in the client file's code and seems easy to change.

"pattern": "-base PeerID-[A-Za-z0-9_~\\(\\)\\!\\.\\*-]{12}",

anon
19.09.17, 17:52
I'd love that, I only need to know how the base peerID for torrent clients.

First, capture enough announces made by that client to be able to find a pattern.

Secondly, you need to be acquainted with regular expressions. Let's have a look at the peer_id pattern for Deluge 1.3.15:

-DE13F0-[A-Za-z0-9_~\(\)\!\.\*-]{12}

This means: -DE13F0- followed by 12 characters, each of which can be any of A to Z, a to z, 0 to 9, or _ ~ ( ) ! . * -

The one for uTorrent 3.5.0 Build 43916 is more complicated:

-UT3500-(\u008c\u00ab)[\u0001-\u00ff]{10}

This means: -UT3500-, followed by bytes 0x8C and 0xAB, and then 10 bytes each of which can be anywhere from 0x01 to 0xFF.

anthony-joal
19.09.17, 19:06
Hi all :)

@All
Version 1.0.1 has been released.
If you are on Windows just restart JoalDesktop to update it.
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/latest).
- The Linux app has been fixed and is now working.
- Fix somes typos in the settings page.
- Fix the app name not being correct.

@Zora: Sure :) first download the freshly released 1.0.1 from https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/latest.
Install it again, then open a terminal and type: /Applications/JoalDesktop (it should work, if it does not tell me i'll reach you by MP).

@adamindibi: The more i read your question the more i ask myself what you want.
Do you want to create a client file for a not supported BitTorrent client? (in this case anon's answer is a good start, when you'll be familiar with basic regex and network sniffing i'll be able to tell you more).
Or do you want to modify an existing client file (because you should not do that at all !).

@ratiocu The joal repository now had documentation (not docket yet but...) you can check it out if you want

zora
19.09.17, 22:11
There doesn't seem to be any output in terminal?
http://i66.tinypic.com/sdmogg.png

anthony-joal
19.09.17, 23:19
There doesn't seem to be any output in terminal?
image (http://i66.tinypic.com/sdmogg.png)

Great... x)

I'm building a development build just for you then ^^ I'll send you a mega.co.nz link by MP as soon it's available. It takes some times though, you won't get it until tomorrow.

adamindibi
20.09.17, 16:07
Hi all :)

@All
Version 1.0.1 has been released.
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/latest).
- The Linux app has been fixed and is now working.
- Fix somes typos in the settings page.
- Fix the app name not being correct.

@Zora: Sure :) first download the freshly released 1.0.1 from https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/latest.
Install it again, then open a terminal and type: /Applications/JoalDesktop (it should work, if it does not tell me i'll reach you by MP).

@adamindibi: The more i read your question the more i ask myself what you want.
Do you want to create a client file for a not supported BitTorrent client? (in this case anon's answer is a good start, when you'll be familiar with basic regex and network sniffing i'll be able to tell you more).
Or do you want to modify an existing client file (because you should not do that at all !).

@ratiocu The joal repository now had documentation (not docket yet but...) you can check it out if you want

I wanted to update my clients by myself, thanks to Anon, I now know how to get the peerid of torrent client. (I used the smartsniff guide, other one seemed too sophisticated)

Why shouldn't I modify an existing client file? Isn't the only things I have to do is just change the base peerid and user agent?

anthony-joal
20.09.17, 21:48
I wanted to update my clients by myself, thanks to Anon, I now know how to get the peerid of torrent client. (I used the smartsniff guide, other one seemed too sophisticated)

Why shouldn't I modify an existing client file? Isn't the only things I have to do is just change the base peerid and user agent?

The client provider are what they have to be, modifying might result in you being caught. And keep in mind that each client you manually put in the desktop version of joal will be deleted when the next update will be downloaded.

Changing the base peerid is enought most of the time to update a client file to a new version (not all the time) but you can't just copy paste a client file to create a new client, each parameter in the client files has a meaning and is here for a good reason. If you take a look at all client files you'll see that they all are differents.
If i were you i'll just stick to the official client files. I may add more clients if you need some more that are currently not supported.

anthony-joal
22.09.17, 22:48
Hey there,

Version 1.0.2 has been released.

BugFixes

Fix mac application. (Thanks to @Zora for reporting the bug)
Fix linux application. (Thanks to @Zora for reporting the bug)

Clients

Add qbittorrent 3.3.1 (default version in ubuntu 16.04 apt repo).
Add qbittorrent 3.3.7 (default version in ubuntu 17.04 apt repo).
Add rtorrent 0.9.6/0.13.6.

zora
23.09.17, 02:19
Mac app is still broken :(

Now the app stops after downloading joal desktop, java and the java core
http://i68.tinypic.com/67sb9e.png

anthony-joal
23.09.17, 13:08
Jut sent you a PM about that.

czullo
25.09.17, 18:24
Great to see new stuff coming up. Love you all Devs! No homo ;)

anthony-joal
01.10.17, 23:31
Version 1.0.3 has been released.
If you are on Windows just restart JoalDesktop to trigger the update.
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/tag/v1.0.3).

Bugfix

Improved the way java app is shutted down when joal-desktop windows is closed. (It should also fix osx app).
Ensure only one instance of joal-desktop can be run at the same time.

Features

Removed useless links in menu bar.
Added an about window.
Updates a lot of joal-desktop deps to last version.

Lucius
05.10.17, 13:31
I love the idea of this project (hate Java though :)), Will contact you in PM soon for some major improvements (please contact me if I didn't, forgive my memory)

Keep it up :top:

anthony-joal
05.10.17, 14:00
Thanks for your support :biggrin:

On the desktop version you don't need to install java. The proper version will be downloaded and installled in joal config folder.
Looking forward for your email :)

anthony-joal
07.10.17, 01:10
Version 1.0.4 has been released.
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/tag/v1.0.4).

Changes

GUI is now reset on disconnection.
Reduce torrent bar size.
Add a warning in history tab to instruct this is still under development.
Adding torrent file will take a bit longuer than before, but will reduce CPU overhead.
Made the "Change connection settings" more visible when not connected.

astarta
22.10.17, 14:55
Everytime i try to start this app i got this error in pop up window - "Uncought Exception: Error: incorrect header check at Unzip.zlibOnError (zlib.js:152:15)
Any solution ?

anthony-joal
22.10.17, 21:59
Everytime i try to start this app i got this error in pop up window - "Uncought Exception: Error: incorrect header check at Unzip.zlibOnError (zlib.js:152:15)
Any solution ?

Hi astarta, that weird, i'll need some informations to help you out:
1) What os are you running JOAL on (OS + version).
2) Which joal version are you trying to run?
3) Which antivirus & firewall are you using?

---------- Post Merged at 20:59 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:46 ----------

Version 1.0.5 has been released.

Changes

minUploadRate and maxUploadRate can now both be equal to 0. (ghost-seeding mode)

[Clients]

Added utorrent 3.5.0 build 44090.
Added vuze support.

astarta
22.10.17, 22:05
I'm running Win 10
JOAL ver. 1.0.4
Antvirus is standard defender from Win10
same for Firewall it's just Win10 sys firewall

anthony-joal
22.10.17, 23:12
Version 1.0.6 has been released.

Changes

Fix broken app due to Oracle new policy on jre downloads...

astarta
23.10.17, 00:25
after that update 1.0.6 everything works :)
Thank you Anthony

Unregistered
28.10.17, 11:08
Hi guys!

I want to know why this is happening. I haven't had this problem before.
"Stomp "content-length" Header Value 1147462 exceeds configured buffer size limit 1024000"
https://www.pixeltopic.com/image/uxnmqabzehzizc/

I have installed the latest 1.0.6.

Kind regards!

oicilef14
14.11.17, 15:49
Hi guys!

I want to know why this is happening. I haven't had this problem before.
"Stomp "content-length" Header Value 1147462 exceeds configured buffer size limit 1024000"
https://www.pixeltopic.com/image/uxnmqabzehzizc/

I have installed the latest 1.0.6.

Kind regards!

Same to me.

anthony-joal
15.11.17, 21:59
Hi @oicilef14,

sorry for the delay in my wanswer, i'm working on the project a lot this time.

I'll need some more informations to investigate:

1) Does it happens when you drag and drop a torrent ?
2) If not, when does this happens.
3) How many torrents are you seeding simultaneously(more or less)?

anthony-joal
16.11.17, 20:40
Version 1.0.7 has been released.
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/tag/v1.0.7).

Changes

Increase client=>server websocket message size from 1Mo to 5Mo.

This release may fix the above reported issue.

Warlock
01.12.17, 00:53
I'm using the manjaro linux, how do I install the joal on it?

anthony-joal
01.12.17, 20:40
I'm using the manjaro linux, how do I install the joal on it?
Well, on some linux distros you can run the .AppImage. But as far as i know Manjaro does not supports it. It may be worth trying by youself for a confirmation, just download the AppImage, make it executable and double click on it.

If as i suppose your distribution does not supports AppImages, you can still use the server application (https://www.sb-innovation.de/f46/joal-server-windows-linux-mac-33550) (with a web-ui in browser).

whyme
02.12.17, 00:30
Well just tried at Ubuntu 17 and it works good. Thanks :)

anthony-joal
02.12.17, 01:04
Glad to hear it :)
How do you feel about the first setup? Wasn't it too long to install dependencies?

whyme
02.12.17, 03:17
Glad to hear it :)
How do you feel about the first setup? Wasn't it too long to install dependencies?

took less than a minute.

anthony-joal
02.12.17, 14:43
took less than a minute.

Nice :) i'm asking because it's kinda long for me.

Warlock
02.12.17, 15:08
The .appimage version is running joal, it worked now. But I have one question only: how do I select a port, for example, whenever the program opens, it selects port 62500. Can you do that? Because it does not have a port set, it has non-connectable status.

anthony-joal
02.12.17, 15:50
The .appimage version is running joal, it worked now. But I have one question only: how do I select a port, for example, whenever the program opens, it selects port 62500. Can you do that? Because it does not have a port set, it has non-connectable status.

the port is not customizable for now, it will be in future versions

anon
02.12.17, 21:40
the port is not customizable for now, it will be in future versions

Complementing that change with support for UPnP port forwarding would be really great, it would make connectability "just work" which is the spirit of this program =]

anthony-joal
02.12.17, 21:58
Complementing that change with support for UPnP port forwarding would be really great, it would make connectability "just work" which is the spirit of this program =]

Nice idea :) i added it to the TODO list

Instab
03.12.17, 17:55
it might be fair to add a warning tho. security wise upnp is a bad idea.

anthony-joal
03.12.17, 18:23
I'll add it as a optional command line argument (disabled by default)

Unregistered
15.12.17, 08:58
the mac 1.07 version isn't working, it's stuck on checking for updates.
i thought i read that you were not able to add auto updates, why check for updates?
easier way would be to bookmark your website so we can check for updates ourselves and this error does not occur

miunes
18.12.17, 23:57
Hi mate! A little help here please?

I'm trying the Mac version of Joal and my .torrents get stuck at 0kb forever. What can it possibly be?

Thank you!

anthony-joal
19.12.17, 01:12
Hi miunes, as ou can see on the left side of each of your torrent (the green and blue glyphs) there is not leechrs nor seeders active on these. Try with more "active" torrents, in which people are interested a lot.

anthony-joal
19.12.17, 22:54
Version 1.0.8 has been released

[Changes]

Drop deb distribution for linux (AppImage still available)
Drop zip distribution for mac (DMG still available)
Drop support for windows x32 (as per Java will soon do)

[Clients]

qBittorrent 4.0.0
qBittorrent 4.0.1
qBittorrent 4.0.2
qBittorrent 4.0.3

PtiMinet
21.12.17, 12:45
Any date to add utorrent 3.5 44294 please ?

anthony-joal
24.12.17, 16:50
Version 1.0.9 has been released
If you are on Linux or Mac download it here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/tag/v1.0.9).

[Clients]

uTorrent 3.5.0 (build 44294)
uTorrent 3.5.1 (build 44332)

ilneroviaggiatore
21.01.18, 13:00
Will you do in future a release for windows 32 bit? Thanks for work!

anthony-joal
21.01.18, 21:55
Hi,

I used to support 32 bits, but i no longer do, since further java releases have no plans to support 32 bits architecture anymore. Joal-desktop is now x64 only. But you can run the CLI tool on both architectures, take a look at "joal-server" topic if you are interested.

raqi33
05.02.18, 00:08
Hi Anthony,

I'm on Mac Os High Sierra and can't use Joal desktop properly.
First, when I drop torrents into the box, most times, it won't work : after 10-15s of processing, the torrent will disappear.
Sometimes, though, it works, and gives me an overall speed. I wait till the upload is complete, but then I go check if my ratio has improved, and nope. Nothing happened.
The tracker I'm on is KG : does your software work with it ? Or is it me who does something wrong?
Thanks!

H265
05.02.18, 00:43
Hi Anthony,

I'm on Mac Os High Sierra and can't use Joal desktop properly.
First, when I drop torrents into the box, most times, it won't work : after 10-15s of processing, the torrent will disappear.
Sometimes, though, it works, and gives me an overall speed. I wait till the upload is complete, but then I go check if my ratio has improved, and nope. Nothing happened.
The tracker I'm on is KG : does your software work with it ? Or is it me who does something wrong?
Thanks!

it should work everywhere just like other cheating softwares. Use carefully!

anon
05.02.18, 07:13
Sometimes, though, it works, and gives me an overall speed.

Any chances you're loading torrents with zero leechers? JOAL refuses to fake upload on those as a basic security measure.

raqi33
05.02.18, 07:16
No, no, the torrent has 6 leechers.

anthony-joal
05.02.18, 22:37
Hi raqi33,
I'm sorry that you've encountered problem with JOAL, a new version is coming in few weeks that should be much more stable. I'll try to help you get it working until then.

I don't think it's a KG specific issue, all the trackers are the same, JOAL as any other tools works on all of them. It might be a OS X specific issue.

Try to:
- Drop a single torrent
- Ensure the torrent has peers (both leecher and seeders) or check "keep torrents with no more peers" option.

If you still have issue after this procedure, send me your email via private message, i'll tell you how to start in debug mode to access application logs, this way i'll be able to tell you what is going wrong with JOAL :)

Thanks for reporting the problem.

raqi33
17.02.18, 05:04
Hi Anthony,

I did what you said, it still doesnt work.
The torrent has seeders and leechers, it says it uploads at 154kB/s, I wait till the upload is full (blue line completed), but it doesn't impact my ratio at all.

I'll send you my email via DM.

---------- Post Merged at 19:04 ---------- Previous Post was at 19:00 ----------

As a newbie, I don't seem to be able to send you a PM.
My email is easy. It's my alias here (a) yahoo (dot) fr

anthony-joal
17.02.18, 23:26
Ok you are talking about ratio, it changes everything, a lot of users first believed that JOAL didn't work because the ratio "didn't changed".

Let's take an example:
Let's pretend you have a ratio of 5.
Let's also pretend you have download 500Gb.
It means you already uploaded 2500Gb

Now if you let JOAL active half an hour with an upload speed of 140kb/s, you only add 246Mb to your upload. You now have 2500,2Gb uploaded, and this won't change your ratio at all.

The more your stats increase, the more it take time to make the ratio change. It doesn't mean that JOAL is useless, but it takes time.
With the default configuration JOAL will generate something between 7 and 14Gb of upload in 24 hours.

If the speed is visible in JOAL, i'm pretty confident that it works. You should check KG website to see if you have access to realtime stats.

raqi33
19.02.18, 06:21
I wrote ratio, but I meant "stuff uploaded". I hasn't changed at all. It's stuck. And I've let JOAL run for hours. Again.
I used RatioMaster, and it worked fine, until I couldn't even open the software, some day (that's why I turned myself to Joal, who seems much simpler).

anthony-joal
19.02.18, 22:42
I wrote ratio, but I meant "stuff uploaded". I hasn't changed at all. It's stuck. And I've let JOAL run for hours. Again.
I used RatioMaster, and it worked fine, until I couldn't even open the software, some day (that's why I turned myself to Joal, who seems much simpler).

Ok, well send me a private message then, i'll tell you what to do next :) (tell me under which OS you are in your private message).

raqi33
11.03.18, 23:18
Hi Anthony,

I'm afraid I can't send you DM's, cause I'd need 10 messages on the board to be able to do so.
Can you write me an email ? It's my nickname here at yahoo point fr

Unregistered
12.04.18, 22:01
do your app have a webui for linux ?

CoreCore
23.04.18, 18:54
On a side note, I will be looking at making a portable windows version, As I will not and hate having java installed on my system. I don't even have java in linux.

anthony-joal
23.04.18, 22:37
do your app have a webui for linux ?

Sorry for the delay... for some reason i haven't been notified by email about your message.
The desktop app works on Mac, Linux and Windows. If you are looking for a webui, the server version might suit your needs https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=33550 , but it's not as simple as the desktop app to setup.

On a side note, I will be looking at making a portable windows version, As I will not and hate having java installed on my system. I don't even have java in linux.

I probably won't ever make a portable version of this app, it will be too much for nothing. You don't even have to install Java to use the desktop app, it silently download his own portable JRE to run joal on top of it. You won't even notice java on your system.
It automatically download dependencies on first launch. And check on each subsequent launches, it will automatically check for joal updates (except for Mac OS).

abc327442
28.04.18, 00:39
When i hover mouse on the number of seeders it shows leecher on a little popup which is actually opposite. just letting you know. it dosent bother me. :smile:

anthony-joal
28.04.18, 00:43
When i hover mouse on the number of seeders it shows leecher on a little popup which is actually opposite. just letting you know. it dosent bother me. :smile:

Haha, good to know, i'll fix that in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

Mon
19.05.18, 11:17
Everything seems to be fine, but it needs proxy so bad.

anthony-joal
20.05.18, 00:17

You may use a VPN on your computer if you want to hide yourself behind it. I just can't embed everything into JOAL x) or it will soon be as complicated to use as the old RatioMaster. I want it simple as possible.
But if you cares about a VPN, you may be interested in the joal-server version, it will be easier to setup a vpn on a server than on your daily computer.

Mon
20.05.18, 13:21
I get your point, but cheating on trackers is never been easy, you always have to make sure that everything is working properly and safe, so that'd be nice adding some extra features, maybe separating them in "settings" tab(just like MRatio's "beginner","advanced" and "expert" interface settings).
Any way, keep up the good work! :top:

p.s.
I wish it was lightweight tho.

anon
20.05.18, 19:45

You can set an HTTP proxy by passing command-line parameters to the Java virtual machine (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/120797). Not the same as full-fledged proxy support, but may help.

There are also parameters to control heap and memory usage, if you want to experiment :richter: With that said, RAM is there to be used. As long as there aren't any leaks and JOAL plays nice with other programs, it can use 40, 400 or 4000 MB.

anthony-joal
21.05.18, 23:19
I get your point, but cheating on trackers is never been easy, you always have to make sure that everything is working properly and safe, so that'd be nice adding some extra features, maybe separating them in "settings" tab(just like MRatio's "beginner","advanced" and "expert" interface settings).
Any way, keep up the good work! :top:

p.s.
I wish it was lightweight tho.

I get your point, but for most of the user out there, the best way to be safe is to not have too many option to play with ^^.
I wanted joal to be plug and play, and i've reached what i think is the "maximum" number of acceptable configuration that my grandma could understand.

As anon stated there is way to achieve what you want, which i consider are "advanced uses cases" and thus, require to get out of the plugandplay that Joal-Desktop may offer. If you want to setup a proxy you might use joal-server (with the WebUI), so you could control the JVM arguments.
I agree that this is more complicated to do it this way rather than writing values into textboxes, but for most peoples, these textboxes would looks obscure and maybe suspicious.

I believed that an advanced use requires an advanced knowledges, it forces us to understand what's behind the hood rather than simply click on a button :).

About the lightweight, honestly I wish it was too ^^, but i doubt that i could do better.

anthony-joal
23.05.18, 23:25
Version 1.1.0 has been released.

[Changes]

Greatly improved how speed is spread among torrents, to look like more legit
Client files list is now ordered semanticaly (ordered by client version)
Linux version does not auto update anymore as this was not working as intended.
Decreased CPU/RAM consumption
Reduced useless logs and made logging messages more concise

[Fix]

Fixed a bug with public tracker files
Fix some non criticals bugs
Fix a visual Glitch in WebUi (about the announce timer tooltip)

[Client]

uTorrent utorrent 3.5.3_44428
bittorrent 7.10.3_44429

Vevonico123
25.05.18, 10:45
When I add a torrent with seeders and no leechers, while having the option "Keep seeding torrents even with no peers" unchecked, it will automatically delete my torrent after 2-3 minutes

:/

anthony-joal
25.05.18, 12:17
Have you restarted joal after modifing the config?

Vevonico123
25.05.18, 14:36
I did that, yeah.

Ticking in the box, it won't seed when there are no peers too.

anthony-joal
25.05.18, 22:46
Can you send me an email at : joal.contact@gmail.com

and tell me which OS you are on? I'll tell you what to do next.

Vevonico123
26.05.18, 15:11
I did yesterday, what do I do next?

anthony-joal
26.05.18, 15:25
I'm answering you by mail right now ;)

Spidtest
05.09.18, 11:09
Do you think we could change this by adding bad hashes? Randomly generated maybe up to 2% depending on torrent size? 1 GB may have like 8 mb failed hashes, 200 GB may have round 34 MB has failed

In JavaScript (math.Random)?

(I'm talking in terms of failing to download?)

anthony-joal
05.09.18, 12:13
I'm sorry but i'm not sure what you're asking about. JOAL is not downloading anything it just "seed". Where do you want to add random download error?

anon
05.09.18, 20:15
Many clients report the amount of downloaded data that failed a hash check and was discarded separate from real download, e.g. the "corrupt" parameter in uTorrent and qBittorrent. Spidtest and me were talking about this in another thread (see 349527 onwards) and he pointed out that always reporting 0 corrupt bytes, as all mods and tools are currently hardcoded to do, could be a detection vector (if an unlikely one). So the ability to report a non-zero amount of corrupt data would look more realistic in comparison.

With that said, if that is implemented, care must be taken to see exactly how clients report corrupt data (byte per byte, multiple of piece size or multiple of 16384) and do it identically, lest this feature increase your chances of getting caught.

anthony-joal
09.09.18, 22:48
Ok, i see.
Sadly, this would required a huge refactor to be implemented properly, i don't think that i would ever make it.

ungodly
22.03.19, 02:42
Hey,

I appreciate the work!

I am also having trouble with torrents disappearing, even those with peers. 0 set as the Min/Max for uploading and "Keep seeding..." enabled.

Running on Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon (4.0.8) in a virtual box vm.

Any advice on identifying why this is happening?

anthony-joal
23.03.19, 23:34
Hi ungodly :) thanks for your support.

This may happen if joal fails to contact the tracker too many times in a row. Are you sure these torents still exists on the tracker? And are you sure that the client you have selected in joal is alowed by your tracker?

ungodly
29.03.19, 00:45
Yes and yes.

IPTorrent, Deluge (1.3.15)

I restart my vm and re-add the torrents and its fine. Tracker shows torrents as seeding. Issue is that they eventually disappear.

Also note, I am running the latest PIA VPN client.

oldowner
29.03.19, 14:43
hello.
i have install the joal desktop v 2.0 and i added torrent file.
now its running but upload speed is 0.
using qbittorent 4.1.5 and "keep seeding..." is on.
what is the problem?
thanks.

anthony-joal
29.03.19, 23:29
Yes and yes.

IPTorrent, Deluge (1.3.15)

I restart my vm and re-add the torrents and its fine. Tracker shows torrents as seeding. Issue is that they eventually disappear.

Also note, I am running the latest PIA VPN client.

I can see two cases then :
- The torrent disapear in the 10 seconds after that you've added it. This case would required more investigations to find out what's going on.
- The torrents randomly disapears after a random amount of time and they most likely disappear all at once (or with a short delay one after another). This means that either the tracker is down and joal can't announce for multiple times in a raw. The VPN tunnel has dropped the connection and joal cannot announce either. It sometimes happen with my VPN as well.

hello.
i have install the joal desktop v 2.0 and i added torrent file.
now its running but upload speed is 0.
using qbittorent 4.1.5 and "keep seeding..." is on.
what is the problem?
thanks.

Yep makes sense. As a safety measure joal disable upload if there is 0 seeders OR 0 leechers on a torrent (the two digits on the left of the torrent bar). In your case both are 0. If you want to generate some seed traffic use newer or more active torrents.
The Option "keep seeding..." is to instruct JOAL to keep a torrent when there are zero peers (otherwise it will automatically delete it. It's usefull if you want to earn bonus point.

oldowner
30.03.19, 06:49
i downloaded another torrent file with seeders and yet no upload speed.
"keep seeding..." is on.
i tryed to set it off but the torrent disapear.

anthony-joal
30.03.19, 13:27
i downloaded another torrent file with seeders and yet no upload speed.
"keep seeding..." is on.
i tryed to set it off but the torrent disapear.

Hi,
As i said

As a safety measure joal disable upload if there is 0 seeders OR 0 leechers on a torrent
Joal will generate seed only if there are seeders AND leechers.

If you were to generate seed on a torrent with no leechers (people who download) it would be suspicious
If you were to generate seed on a torrent where you are the only one who share (the seeder) but nobody can actually download because joal is used to send fake data, it would be also suspicious.

Joal only generate seed when you are "hidden in the crowd".

ParamouR
02.07.19, 00:34
Can I please have torrent client for - qbittorrent-4.1.6

anthony-joal
02.07.19, 23:49

Sure. I'll publish an update by the end of the week.

anthony-joal
04.07.19, 00:19

The new version with qBittorrent files up to 4.1.6 is available for download

bupzepoxi
22.08.19, 04:02
man JOAL is awesome, thx

H265
26.08.19, 20:03
@anthony-joal - I would like to change the speeds of a few torrents from all the torrents i have added to joal desktop. I'm unable to do this. Is it possible to change the speed settings of each torrent in joal?

anthony-joal
26.08.19, 22:25
@anthony-joal - I would like to change the speeds of a few torrents from all the torrents i have added to joal desktop. I'm unable to do this. Is it possible to change the speed settings of each torrent in joal?

Hi, no that is not possible, the speed is split proportionaly to the seeder / leechers ratio on each torrent, this is automatic and not modifiable manualy.

H265
24.09.19, 18:26
@anthony-joal - My internet connection is not stable and it disconnects/reconnects often. Idk why but something happens and the torrents stop seeding in joal. Joal will still be running but when i check the tracker it shows i'm seeding nothing. Do you know why this happens? On mratio the torrents start re-announcing when i reconnect to the internet.

anthony-joal
24.09.19, 18:56
@H265 hello,

When joal fails to announce multiple times in a raw it moves the torrents to the archive folder.

When th etorrtents does not appears on the tracker, are th torrents files still in joal-conf/torrents or have they been moved automatically to joal-conf/torrents/archived?

H265
24.09.19, 20:33
@H265 hello,

When joal fails to announce multiple times in a raw it moves the torrents to the archive folder.

When th etorrtents does not appears on the tracker, are th torrents files still in joal-conf/torrents or have they been moved automatically to joal-conf/torrents/archived?

i'm on xubuntu. where can i find the installed files of joal? i used the appimage file to run joal. Is it possible to tell joal to keep checking if the internet is connected properly every x mins?

anthony-joal
30.09.19, 22:59
I don't really understand how AppImage works internally, it's just a convenient way of releasing Linux-ish version of Joal.
If you are looking for the torrents and the joal-core binary you wil find them in : ~/.config/JoalDesktop/joal-core/

Unfortunatelly there is no way to tweak the system to prevent joal from removing the torrents if it faisl to announce multiple times in a raw nor there is one to re-add the removed torrent automatically

pedrothelion
03.10.19, 00:58
Hello, Can I please have torrent client for - µTorrent 2.x?

Raptus
14.10.19, 18:22
Hello, I just installed JoalDesktop on my mac OS Catalina (1015)
The program opens correctly

When I go to my torrents downloads account to see my ratio I do not see any dramatic change.

The settings are 30/170/20 (seed simulator)
I use Deluge 1.3.15

Do I miss something ?

Again thanks you because I did not managed to install RatioMaster and I finally found JoalDesktop. 20243

colousit
27.12.19, 04:58
Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for your efforts on building this tool. Especially given that we can use it for MAC, there aren't many that work with mac. As for your decision to keep the basic settings and simple to use its perfectly alright. One can't expect every tool to do everything for everyone. This is great work.

I have just 1 query. I know you have explicitly called out that original client and Joal shouldn't be running together. Would you advice the same thing even if the torrent files in Joal and Original client are different ?

The reason I ask this is everytime I need to download something for real, I would want to remember to stop and close Joal and then vice versa.

Eitherways, thanks again, I hope trackers don't detect it.

anon
27.12.19, 22:49
I have just 1 query. I know you have explicitly called out that original client and Joal shouldn't be running together. Would you advice the same thing even if the torrent files in Joal and Original client are different ?

Likely yes, since even if the client you're using (and emulating in JOAL) uses an individual peer_id and key, the port number will differ.

Note that you can run both programs at the same; most trackers won't even notice, plus there are legitimate reasons to seed from multiple clients in the same computer. It's just not recommended, because as a cheater you want to blend in, not stand out.

colousit
28.12.19, 08:03
I noticed an aberration when checking for active torrents on a tracker. There was duplicate entries on same torrent from different IPs. i.e. all of the torrents that I was seeding were showing twice. As soon as I realzed I stopped the seeding. I didn't notice it earlier. Not sure what must have happened.

anon
29.12.19, 18:58
An aberration :gew:

Any chances your IP simply changed in the middle of the session? I once wrote a script that runs in the background and warns you when that happens.

colousit
30.12.19, 08:33
I doubt if my IP changed. After I resumed seeding it picked up correct IP and duplication was no longer visible.
Also I suppose, if IP changes, it would change for last few digits. This was a very different IP altogether.

The IP change link is Windows only :frown: Days of Windows were so nice.

anon
30.12.19, 16:39
The IP change link is Windows only :frown: Days of Windows were so nice.

You wanted Mac, now deal with it :wtongue:

anthony-joal
01.01.20, 00:10
Hi colousit thanks for your feedback :)

The double / seed is indeed weird. Anon's should be right, the tracker may have registered two differents IPs. I'd lik to mention that the IP can change completly between two attributions it's not just a matter of one or two digits nor it is of range (event if there is some kind of a range but....).
One can have 2.15.45.32 and claim another IP two sec latter an end up with 96.48.128.205.

Dadadudu
01.01.20, 01:31
This is such a ridiculously well made tool! I've been using the CLI version for a while now. I use it on my seedbox when I don't want to keep several 100 GB torrent files real-seeding and taking space. Good job!

anon
02.01.20, 20:31
I'd lik to mention that the IP can change completly between two attributions it's not just a matter of one or two digits nor it is of range (event if there is some kind of a range but....).
One can have 2.15.45.32 and claim another IP two sec latter an end up with 96.48.128.205.

This script should output all IPv4 address blocks owned by your ISP. It's simple enough to probably work on the Mac OS terminal too.

#!/bin/sh
IP=$(wget -q -O - http://ipcheck1.jdownloader.org/)
AS=$(wget -q -O - https://ipinfo.io/$IP/org | cut -f 1 -d " ")
wget -q -O - https://stat.ripe.net/data/announced-prefixes/data.yaml?min_peers_seeing=0&resource=$AS | grep prefix\: | grep -v \:\: | awk '{print $3}'

alpacino
25.01.20, 13:32
Hello, my torrents are getting all archived after a while. I suppose it's because announcing is failing. My area has a lot of power surges and internet blackouts lately. Can you make an option in the app to change this behavior? This is relly frustrating.

anthony-joal
25.01.20, 16:40
Hello, my torrents are getting all archived after a while. I suppose it's because announcing is failing. My area has a lot of power surges and internet blackouts lately. Can you make an option in the app to change this behavior? This is relly frustrating.

Hello,
I'm curently rewriting the whole project in another language, the feature you asks is already implemented in this new version, torrents won't go away on errors out network failures, they'll be set a zero speed until a successfull announce occurs again.
But i'm not quite done yet, i expect the new version to be out in the next few months.

Mooxi
15.02.20, 12:53
the new version will implement advanced options as RM+? It look cool this program and can be nice if it can replace RM+ and mR

anon
15.02.20, 22:56
the new version will implement advanced options as RM+?

While I can't speak for Anthony, one of the design goals of JOAL is not being as complex as other tools, so I doubt it.

anthony-joal
24.02.20, 21:31
the new version will implement advanced options as RM+? It look cool this program and can be nice if it can replace RM+ and mR

Hi,

What anon said is right, i dont want joal to be overwhelming as RM back in the days. (i can't speak for RM+ as i didn't used it personnaly). What kind of feature would you like to see in JOAL?

H265
25.02.20, 20:00
@anthony-joal - JOAL starts torrents automatically whenever i open the app. Can you add start/stop buttons for torrents? there is no way to start/stop the individual torrents in joal. Also it would be nice if we could set different speed ranges for different torrents.

anthony-joal
25.02.20, 21:59
@anthony-joal - JOAL starts torrents automatically whenever i open the app. Can you add start/stop buttons for torrents? there is no way to start/stop the individual torrents in joal. Also it would be nice if we could set different speed ranges for different torrents.

Unfortunately i don't think i'll add these to JOAL. I plan to add an explorer to allow put back in seed torrent that have been deleted (this may act as the individual start/stop).
But i'm sure that i won't add a per torrent speed settings, the auto dispatch based on seed/lech is way better for 99% of joal users; and the result is much more natural on the tracker side.

JOAL is not meant to be used as a burst ratio boost solution, it's better to let it run as long as possible with low speeds

Mooxi
27.02.20, 22:09
the actual version of JOAL is safe to use? I'm using ratio master + because I can check all settings in right place, I don't wanna screw so there's conditions where is better to not use it? I mean for hard scripted tracker or no safe for some situation. I think the start and stop torrent is important in case you accidently open the program and you're on with wrong ip, some tracker are really annoying for this ip adress thing. And with more different tracker for torrent is a safe choice to pick which torrent need to be started and which not

anthony-joal
27.02.20, 22:32
the actual version of JOAL is safe to use? I'm using ratio master + because I can check all settings in right place, I don't wanna screw so there's conditions where is better to not use it? I mean for hard scripted tracker or no safe for some situation. I think the start and stop torrent is important in case you accidently open the program and you're on with wrong ip, some tracker are really annoying for this ip adress thing. And with more different tracker for torrent is a safe choice to pick which torrent need to be started and which not

I consider joal client emulation to be at least "as safe as" mRatio and RatioMaster+.

If you know what you are doing, and you if are aware of the impact of every settings according to the BitTorrent protocol; using RM+ and playing with the settings is totaly safe and can produce betters results than JOAL. But the risk is that you change something in a way that looks good to you but produce weird results under the hood. By coding joal (and reading the god damn BitTorrents RFCs) i've learned a lot about the BT protocol and i now realize that i was a fool by playing with the settings the way i did back in the time :stupid:

When joal is started all the torrents begin to seed. But there is a stop seeding/restart seeding buton available. It acts as if you were closing your real client (stopping all the torrent at a time). But there is no per torrent start/stop option though.

To add a torrent in joal you have to do one one these actions:
- drag and drop the torrent in the joal UI
- manually add the torrent to a folder
It seems to me that if you do one of those two actions you intentionally want to seed the torrent and report fake seed to the tracker, thats why i didn't and won't add a per-torrent start/stop option.
If you want to get ride of one particular torrent you can still remove it from the web ui though.

Mooxi
03.03.20, 15:18
understand so in another words this thing of start and stop is just a security thing, start and stop a torrent can be see as suspicious behavior. nice to know, :klatsch_3: I'm waiting for your new release. Can you add even fake downloads feature? It can be useful to not waste internet connection

anthony-joal
05.03.20, 01:49
I didn't meant that starting or stopping a client was a bad thing nor a suspicious one, i wanted t osay that joals does not offer this feature and i added that when you click on the global "stop" button, it acts as you were closing a real torrent client.

There is nothing wrong with stopping and restarting a torrent.

I'm not sure yet about the download feature, if i figure out a simple way to use it i'll add it, but i'm not convinced yet. Mostly because i dont want to open a popupthat asks for what you want to do every time you add a torrent in JOAL.

muli525
01.04.20, 22:22
Looks awesome!
one question tho, Why does the desktop install extracts elevate.exe?
What requires elevated permissions in this?

anthony-joal
05.04.20, 22:38
Looks awesome!
one question tho, Why does the desktop install extracts elevate.exe?
What requires elevated permissions in this?

Hello thanks :)

The elevation is required due to the way JOAL updates itself. I use an NSIS packager and the electron-updater library. Joal need to remove it's own executable, kill himself from the running tasks and relaunch himself. That's why :)

See: https://www.electron.build/configuration/nsis (packElevateHelper) for more technical informations.

devilhacker
27.04.20, 23:45
hello

is it a option to seed without leechers?because joal upload only when leechers exists. for better ratio to Private trackers for example.

anon
27.04.20, 23:52
is it a option to seed without leechers?because joal upload only when leechers exists.

Just find a better torrent :happy:

Unregistered
22.05.20, 20:17
Hi,

Thank you for this helpful program!

I have a question: How to know the upload size ? (like in RatioMaster)

illusive
25.05.20, 21:46
I never tested this so far. Time is killing me. However, I need an alternative to mR since it looks inactive and it's actually the best faker around so far. The fact this one is Java, open source and up to date looks initially very interesting, thank you. Will try asap and hope to find it better than all others.

anthony-joal
06.07.20, 01:09
I never tested this so far. Time is killing me. However, I need an alternative to mR since it looks inactive and it's actually the best faker around so far. The fact this one is Java, open source and up to date looks initially very interesting, thank you. Will try asap and hope to find it better than all others.

i'm not publishing too much updates on joal as of now.
I'm actively working on the new version :), i'm rewriting (from scratch) joal in another language (golang). Mainly for performance purpose, but also because i've learned a lot along the way and i now feel like i can do much better than the actual JOAL (which i consider completly safe, dont get me wrong).
I don't really know how mRatio and other tools works internaly, but i expect the new version to be much more extenssible and much safer.

Along with the performance and security improvements some cool features are to be expected:
- Support for torrents with multi-tier/multi-tracker and ability to mimic every variant of them (announce to all or fallback)
- Built-in proxy support.
- Joal will answer to the bittorrent network clients by chocking them all. (basically says "i'm busy already" to everyone).
- Webui will be less resource consuming
- No more need for the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) as Go provide native binary for all plateforms (one of the performance improvements).
- No need to setup the environment with config file and folder structure anymore, joal will work out of the box and automatically down or create whats needed to run in "default" mode.

JohnWick
21.08.20, 00:17
Is this version still safe ?

unable to find 32 bit version for Windows 7,

1 question came into my mind, if we want to download any movie in real torrent client, but after file is completely downloaded in our pc, then leechers goes to 0 or 1 or 2 or 3, then can we use joal ? or it is same as rm+ 2.1 only for gaining ratio? i mean if tracker rule is after download file, we should upload it to at least ratio 1, or seeding for 2 weeks, but after downloading if leechers goes to 0, can we use this tool ? or only we can use it there are maximum leechers.. ?

anon
21.08.20, 05:37
i mean if tracker rule is after download file, we should upload it to at least ratio 1, or seeding for 2 weeks, but after downloading if leechers goes to 0, can we use this tool ? or only we can use it there are maximum leechers.. ?

Posted some pages back...

Joal will generate seed only if there are seeders AND leechers.

If you were to generate seed on a torrent with no leechers (people who download) it would be suspicious
If you were to generate seed on a torrent where you are the only one who share (the seeder) but nobody can actually download because joal is used to send fake data, it would be also suspicious.

Joal only generate seed when you are "hidden in the crowd".

iwabo
25.10.20, 20:13
I tried to install Joal Desktop on Raspbian OS but somehow I can't get it to work. Am I missing something?

anthony-joal
26.10.20, 08:42
Hello, raspberry runs on arm architecture joal-desktop doed not supports it.

But you may be interested on the "server version" with a webui:
https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?33550-Joal-Server-(Windows-Linux-Mac)

H265
26.10.20, 14:22
@anthony-joal - Can you make it possible to drag and select multiple torrents? Sometimes I want to stop 20-30 torrents. It would be much easier if we could drag and select these torrents to stop them.

anthony-joal
26.10.20, 14:30
Hi. Thats not on deck for now, but after reworking the core app i will also do the same for the webui, i've added your request to the todo tasks :)

H265
26.10.20, 15:18
Hi. Thats not on deck for now, but after reworking the core app i will also do the same for the webui, i've added your request to the todo tasks :)

Thanks. Another thing i forgot to mention. It would be nice to have the seedtime of each torrent in joal in a new column. I fake seed on some trackers at 0 kbps to avoid hit and runs. It becomes very hard to know which torrents satisfy the required no of days of seed to avoid hnr on foreign trackers when you're seeding a lot of torrents with non english characters in filenames.

Joal is also displaying wrong seed count on torrents for me. I can send some screenshots in pm if you want.

iwabo
26.10.20, 16:20
Hello, raspberry runs on arm architecture joal-desktop doed not supports it.

But you may be interested on the "server version" with a webui:
https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?33550-Joal-Server-(Windows-Linux-Mac)

Thank you. I figured as much after trying a few things with the desktop variant and then tried getting the server to run with web interface. I tried installing and then running it via docker but it didn't seem to work. The instructions itself seem clear enough to me but to be fair I'm not that experienced with Linux so I might have done something wrong. I'll try Java now.
Edit: Yeah same. When I try to run it in Java it seems to work but then it shows a bunch of errors and I can't open a webinterface.

anthony-joal
29.10.20, 00:19
Thanks. Another thing i forgot to mention. It would be nice to have the seedtime of each torrent in joal in a new column. I fake seed on some trackers at 0 kbps to avoid hit and runs. It becomes very hard to know which torrents satisfy the required no of days of seed to avoid hnr on foreign trackers when you're seeding a lot of torrents with non english characters in filenames.

Joal is also displaying wrong seed count on torrents for me. I can send some screenshots in pm if you want.

Hi,
Nice idea (about the counter), can you create an issue at https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal/issues so i can think about it for the rewrited app?

I'm aware of the counter being wrong for some trackers ATM, the problem is already solved in the new reworked version (not yet available though).

Blocker
08.11.20, 19:27
Thaks a lot buddy , very friendly to install in MacOS :D

JohnareyouOK
10.11.20, 04:50
known about Joal before but never used it, wanna have a try these days. thank you so much for keeping it updated. there aren't many developers still active. really appreacited your effort. :top:

JohnareyouOK
11.11.20, 00:17
What does blue bar under each task mean? tasks including that of 0kB/s also have them. would getting to the end make this torrent get removed from joal (or countdown to each tracker communication interval)?

anthony-joal
13.11.20, 14:14
This bar is a countdown before tracker update, if you hover it it should display a popup with the remaining time.
But this is not something i will keep in the next big release, it is not really relevant for multi tracker with different intervals.
I'll find another way of showing it

sebrrr
15.11.20, 12:00
Hello and thank you really much for your work... BUT... I tried to use Joal Desktop and don't figure how to work. I still have the "desktop app" check with a red cross... did I miss something ? (I only download the app, put in the application folder, and run it...)

Ps: sorry for my English mistakes.

sebrrrr
15.11.20, 20:23
Hello and thanks you very much for all that ! I am on Mac OS and the "desktop app" is still with a Red Cross... I d'ont know wha I missed.
ps: sorry for my English :/

(oops, sorry, double post :( )

anthony-joal
16.11.20, 21:35
That is completly normal, it comes from the fact that you bought a Mac.
Everyone make mistakes i won't judge you :biggrin:

Since Apple are dickhead with developpers you can't benefit from autoupdates. And you'll need to check for updates manualy once in a while. Otherwise it will cost me a shit ton of money each years to obtain a meaningless Apple approved certificate.

anon
17.11.20, 09:05
(oops, sorry, double post :( )

I deliberately left your previous one because it had some more details, so don't worry about that.

Mac is good... Linux is good... but when it comes to everyday desktop usage I don't have plans to leave Windows any time soon, even if Stallman wouldn't approve.

sebrrrr
17.11.20, 09:24

hahaha !!!!

ok so... I'll wait patiently the next updates ;) Thanks you very much for your work !

czullo
08.12.20, 12:44
Any chance of qBittorrent/4.3.1 emulation?

Also can anyone have some quick tutorial how to run Joal version on raspberry?

anon
08.12.20, 13:38
Any chance of qBittorrent/4.3.1 emulation?

It's already there? :unsure:

https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal/blob/master/resources/clients/qbittorrent-4.3.1.client

Also can anyone have some quick tutorial how to run Joal version on raspberry?

See https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal#getting-started; it seems Docker is the easiest route here.

anthony-joal
08.12.20, 22:24
Hello :) indeed the file was there but i haven't published he release, it's on the way ATM (building resources in CI pipelines).

If you want faster client updates you can download client file individually from the link anon sent you and manually add them to your "config/clients" folder.

fanielle
09.01.21, 22:06
Hello Anthony-Joal,
I just want to ask if is it safe to just download a torrent file on a private tracker site, and directly put it on joal.
I ask this question because I don't know how ratio is really calculated.
In other words, do I have to download the file liked to the torrent file before seed it with Joal ?

anthony-joal
09.01.21, 22:48
Hello Anthony-Joal,
I just want to ask if is it safe to just download a torrent file on a private tracker site, and directly put it on joal.
In other words, do I have to download the file liked to the torrent file before seed it with Joal ?

Hello fanielle,

Well, that's an arguable point. I always seed torrents that i have downloaded previously to stay on the safe side, but it's not "mandatory".

A little lexical recap before diving to the answer:
- Seeding, it's the action of sending the file(s) describe by a .torrent file, to other users on the network.

To seed the content of the torrent you MUST have a part (or the whole) file on your hard drive disk obviously, because you need to send the bytes that constitutes the file(s).
Which means that you have most likely downloaded the file first, but there are other ways to get your hands on the file, you may have had it from one of your friend though a USB stick or whatever, or downloaded somewhere else. But this is kinda tricky because you would need to:
- Get your hand on the exact same file (every bytes NEEDS to be the same, no place for any modifications or whatever)
- Download the associated .torrent file from the tracker
- Add the torrent and point the download folder to the already existing files
- Then your client will start to seed

So in theory it's not a "mandatory" to download before seed. But i still strongly advice to do so, because most of the people won't be able to explain why this could happen if they somehow get caught.

anon
10.01.21, 01:03

A torrent's ratio is the amount of upload you've made on a torrent divided by how much data you have downloaded from it. If the latter is 0, ratio is commonly displayed as "infinity", although in that case some clients and trackers equate the download to the torrent's size, so that the "ratio" instead indicates how many full copies of the torrent you have uploaded.

As for the rest, Anthony gave a good summary, the "exact same file... every byte needs to be the same" part being most important. Most warez scene releases will qualify, while exclusives and packs don't (packs are also bad for cheating due to partial seeders, but that's a different matter).

fanielle
10.01.21, 17:24
Oh thx so much for the quick and reactive response. It's a really great soft that you make !! really good job !!

I install joal on a raspberrypi and evrything seems to work.

But, I'm now in front on a problem : as I want to be protected, I've install a vpn on the pi.
I follow the official guide :

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Linux/1325531132/Installing-and-using-NordVPN-on-Debian-Ubuntu-Elementary-OS-and-Linux-Mint.htm

But now, it's impossible to use the webui to reach the pi...

am I do something wrong ?

Thx in advance !!

anthony-joal
10.01.21, 23:09
I've install a vpn on the pi.

But now, it's impossible to use the webui to reach the pi...

Have I do something wrong ?

Thx in advance !!

I'm affraid that this kind of network related thing are out of my knowledge. We are working on JOAL V3 ATM wich will include example how to setup a VPN (with docker) to redirect the joal traffic trough a VPN without havign your whole system running through the VPN.
But so far there is no such example even if i'm still doing something pretty similar.

Maybe your issue has something to do with the nordvpn whitelist add port but i'm not sure at all

anon
10.01.21, 23:33
NordVPN sells itself as a P2P-friendly service, but infamously doesn't support port forwarding. You'll have to either use a localhost tunnel or find a better VPN.

fanielle
11.01.21, 21:51
You'll have to either use a localhost tunnel
I have installed OpenVPN and everything works great on the raspberrypi
Thx very much for your return, I'm a noob in network setting :rolleyes:

anon
12.01.21, 02:03
I'm a noob in network setting :rolleyes:

You should give yourself some credit if you were able to set up OpenVPN, that's fairly hard even with tutorials. Which is partly the reason WireGuard is gaining so much popularity these days...

fanielle
13.01.21, 17:49
Hello everybody, I have a little question :
I install joal on my raspberrypi 2, and a vpn thru openvpn.
When I launch joal in command line, everything works fine.
But after several hours, it seems joal stop working, because webui stop working.
I wonder if it's because maybe the vpn change my ip address ?
How can I know if joal is running, is there a command line genre joal status ?
Is it possible to view a log file where I can find the problem or anything else ?
Thx in advance !

vidfan
13.01.21, 18:38
Wie Speicher- und CPU-lastig ist das?

anthony-joal
13.01.21, 22:53
Hello everybody, I have a little question :
I install joal on my raspberrypi 2, and a vpn thru openvpn.
When I launch joal in command line, everything works fine.
But after several hours, it seems joal stop working, because webui stop working.
I wonder if it's because maybe the vpn change my ip address ?
How can I know if joal is running, is there a command line genre joal status ?
Is it possible to view a log file where I can find the problem or anything else ?
Thx in advance !

How did you start joal? are you running the command line over SSH? If so, you msut be aware that closing the SSH also close any process you may have started.

---------- Post Merged at 21:53 ---------- Previous Post was at 21:53 ----------

Wie Speicher- und CPU-lastig ist das?

I only speak English or French, sorry.

fanielle
14.01.21, 07:37
How did you start joal? are you running the command line over SSH? If so, you msut be aware that closing the SSH also close any process you may have started.

Yes indeed, I started joal via ssh.
So now I use VNC to start joal on my pi, and it seems that everything is ok !!
Maybe it can help pi users ;)

Thx !! and one more time, congratulation for this mighty job !!

anon
14.01.21, 08:39
You can keep using SSH if you want, but you must start JOAL through nohup or screen (or another terminal multiplexer). Otherwise, whenever you close the shell session, it will receive a hangup signal and shut down.

Another option is adding a line to /etc/rc.local or installing it as a service, and then it will always be available without any extra action on your part. That's a little more complex, however.

barbou
30.03.21, 17:27
i found JOAL 2 here :
windows link: JoalDesktop-2.0.6-win.exe
(https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/releases/download/v2.0.6/JoalDesktop-2.0.6-win.exe)
please make guid to use

anon
02.04.21, 02:19
please make guid to use

But the appeal of JOAL is that you don't need a guide to use it. Select a client emulation, load torrents, start and that's it.

If you're stuck trying to install or run the program, let us know how and we'll try to help, but even that shouldn't be a problem either.

goemon01
26.04.21, 16:04
It stuck at the check for update step. Giving error at Java Runtime Environment check, "Undefined error"...

Version: 2.0.6
Latest Java Runtime installed.

anon
02.05.21, 11:56
https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/issues/9
https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/issues/29

May help.

Pauline
15.05.21, 15:45
Hi there! Just downloaded Joal, hoping to trick my ratio on YggTorrent, but it does not seem to be working at this point...

Here are the steps I followed:
1) Download of JoalDesktop-2.0.6-mac.dmg
2) I've dragged and dropped my torrent file in the app, before realising I had to download it in my normal client first
3) I've downloaded the file with uTorrent web
4) Once the download has been completed, I deleted the torrent from the client (but not the associated data on my laptop)
5) I then dragged and dropped the same torrent file in Joal

The progression bar is active, but overall speed is at 0 B/s, and my ratio remains the same in YggTorrent.

I've probably missed some important step at some point, but I fail to get where :(

Thank you for your help!

Kuskus
17.05.21, 10:41
have a issue, help me please

https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/issues/50

anon
17.05.21, 23:50
The progression bar is active, but overall speed is at 0 B/s, and my ratio remains the same in YggTorrent.

I've probably missed some important step at some point, but I fail to get where :(

Does the torrent have more than 0 leechers?

james294
04.08.21, 05:21
Hello I am curious what the appropriate min and max upload rate is for my internet connection. download: 76 mbps upload: 50 mbps

anon
04.08.21, 22:20
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this. You'll need to check out 19749 and 18705 and decide yourself.

Also, 50 Mbps of upload sounds very good :smilie4:

james294
07.08.21, 23:48
what happens if you add torrent you havent downloaded yet?

anthony-joal
07.08.21, 23:50
Hello I am curious what the appropriate min and max upload rate is for my internet connection. download: 76 mbps upload: 50 mbps

As anon already said, that depends on a lot of factor and there is not perfect answers.
Nevertheless, i always adivese people to leave it running 24/7 with LOW speed (somewhere between 30 and 70 kbps

anon
08.08.21, 05:02
what happens if you add torrent you havent downloaded yet?

In principle, nothing. JOAL has no way of knowing whether you've already downloaded what you're adding, let alone enforcing that. If tracker staff notice you jumping straight at 100% finished and you don't have plausible deniability (i.e. the torrent isn't something you can find elsewhere in the same exact form), you may get in trouble.

Question for Anthony, why is BitComet emulation deliberately unsupported? I have written BitComet client files for RatioMaster and don't recall any difficulties in doing it accurately; its bad reputation and consequent blacklist status seem the most likely explanation.

anthony-joal
03.09.21, 01:01
Question for Anthony, why is BitComet emulation deliberately unsupported? I have written BitComet client files for RatioMaster and don't recall any difficulties in doing it accurately; its bad reputation and consequent blacklist status seem the most likely explanation.

It's been a long time since i've decided not to emulate BitComet so i might not remember exactly, but one of the reason was the heretic numwant value for every request, it used to change wether you were announcing STARTED, COMPLETED, STOPPED or "NONE", and it was also different if you added the torrent for the first time or restart it from previous sessions...

There was some other weird behavior at some point but i can't remember.

In the end i've considred BitComet a garbage code that does not follow the bittorrent specs and it seems to work by accident. Based on that i've decided not to support such a mess in the hope that people switch to a more trustworthy client (hopefully qBittorrent).
Despite that i do have client file for other shitty client like utorrent or so...

anon
03.09.21, 05:13
In the end i've considred BitComet a garbage code that does not follow the bittorrent specs and works by accident. Based on that i've decided not to support such a mess in the hope that people switch to a more trustworthy client (hopefully qBittorrent).

Sounds reasonable. This, its padding files and the massive amounts of spyware are the reason I stopped making mods for it, too. It's the second worst client in existence after Xunlei.

anthony-joal
03.09.21, 22:16
Sounds reasonable. This, its padding files and the massive amounts of spyware are the reason I stopped making mods for it, too. It's the second worst client in existence after Xunlei.

Didn't knew about about Xunlei :klatsch_3: looks like a nice peace of garbage code too :biggrin:

anon
04.09.21, 08:37
My my, you're in for a treat.

Overdownloads; I've observed up to 170% of a torrent's size.
Doesn't report progress (probably as a consequence of the point below).
I've never managed to download any data from a Xunlei peer. They only leech.

It's the reason most major clients have unofficial addons to ban IPs that use certain peer_ids.

Blocker
26.01.22, 04:40
I reinstall it on Mac , but it freezes on the "checking for updates" window.

anon
26.01.22, 13:17
It stuck at the check for update step. Giving error at Java Runtime Environment check, "Undefined error"...

Version: 2.0.6
Latest Java Runtime installed.

https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/issues/9
https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop/issues/29

May help.

josh_kowalki47
03.02.22, 18:37
I want to know if it's possible to upload even if trere are no leechers.
I konw it's risky but i would be willing to try that.

anon
06.02.22, 02:52
I konw it's risky

...and that's why the program doesn't allow it. You can explicitly choose to keep torrents that don't have any leechers active (as opposed to auto-removing them), but only with zero fake upload.

JohnWick
19.03.22, 04:04
Exactly it just uploads

hi,
there should be "Download" option like ratio master,
if we only want to to boost ratio, and if we use only seed/upload it will be suspicious, it will be only helpful, if we real download, or only on scene encodes, i think

2nd, as your app work on windows desktop, mac, linux,
it should also for android mobiles,

3rd, please upload 32 bit version for windows desktop pc

4th, there should be option, if we want to upgrade the joal to latest version or not, not forceful upgrade like windows 10/11 update

anon
22.03.22, 21:57
there should be "Download" option like ratio master

Fake download is harder to perform convincingly due to the higher speeds involved and the rampant overseeding on most private trackers. If such a feature was added, people would either get caught easily or wonder why their torrents never start "downloading". Also and as a rule of thumb, if you require more functionality than is already available, you are not within JOAL's target audience (which is fine). The option to keep inactive torrents seeding at 0 KB/s was a notable exception.

2nd, as your app work on windows desktop, mac, linux,
it should also for android mobiles

1. Android "ports" of existing programs are actually written from scratch with the goal of being similar and offering comparable functionality. Java applications are no exception, as there is no traditional JRE for Android, and you can't just cross-compile the code as the underlying system is vastly different. Needless to say, this requires extra time and effort.
2. how many people are actually interested on such a thing as anything other than a novelty? Most private trackers do not allow the use of mobile torrent clients and Internet access for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. What would be the point of having a cheating program for a platform on which real downloading and seeding are an impossibility?
3. none of the above actually matters, since Anthony mentioned working on a port to Golang, for which an Android interpreter does exist.

3rd, please upload 32 bit version for windows desktop pc

Guess which processor architecture Java stopped supporting on 2018!

4th, there should be option, if we want to upgrade the joal to latest version or not, not forceful upgrade like windows 10/11 update

On both cases, there is merit to the decision, although I do agree on making update checks optional nonetheless. Unlike Windows, though, JOAL is free software. You could remove the update check from the code and recompile :richter:

JohnWick
26.03.22, 22:03
Fake download is harder to perform convincingly due to the higher speeds involved and the rampant overseeding on most private trackers. If such a feature was added, people would either get caught easily or wonder why their torrents never start "downloading". Also and as a rule of thumb, if you require more functionality than is already available, you are not within JOAL's target audience (which is fine). The option to keep inactive torrents seeding at 0 KB/s was a notable exception.

1. Android "ports" of existing programs are actually written from scratch with the goal of being similar and offering comparable functionality. Java applications are no exception, as there is no traditional JRE for Android, and you can't just cross-compile the code as the underlying system is vastly different. Needless to say, this requires extra time and effort.
2. how many people are actually interested on such a thing as anything other than a novelty? Most private trackers do not allow the use of mobile torrent clients and Internet access for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. What would be the point of having a cheating program for a platform on which real downloading and seeding are an impossibility?
3. none of the above actually matters, since Anthony mentioned working on a port to Golang, for which an Android interpreter does exist.

Guess which processor architecture Java stopped supporting on 2018!

On both cases, there is merit to the decision, although I do agree on making update checks optional nonetheless. Unlike Windows, though, JOAL is free software. You could remove the update check from the code and recompile :richter:

i found another android app, which is working good, but features are same like joal,i mean no [fake] download feature,
my real issue is when i real download 0day p0rn torrents from private trackers in windows desktop pc/laptop, my real issue is there no leecher or only 1 leacher, so i want there should be a method, we create some type of website (free one, some sites provide limited hosting), that only fake seed with 0kb.

blacktide
31.03.22, 00:39
This is my favorite ratio program. I tried the other ones but they were confusing and would not report the upload data 1/2 the time. Plus it has a nice GUI. I left the thing on for over 24 hours by mistake and I had over a terabyte of upload that went through. It was by no means a top tier private tracker but still no missing upload data and no one noticed.

anon
31.03.22, 16:44
my real issue is when i real download 0day p0rn torrents from private trackers in windows desktop pc/laptop, my real issue is there no leecher or only 1 leacher, so i want there should be a method, we create some type of website (free one, some sites provide limited hosting), that only fake seed with 0kb.

I don't see the connection between that and the need for an Android app that can fake download... anyway, I have explained the downsides and pitfalls of this idea last time you brought it up. If this is an important matter and you can't or don't want to set up a minicomputer to serve as a fake seedbox, I suggest renting an ultra-cheap VPS and installing JOAL or BBTEM on it (preferably the former as BiglyBT's console and headless modes are extremely difficult to use). http://www.lowendtalk.com/ and https://lowendbox.com/ will help.

On a sidenote, make sure Doze or battery saver mode never put that app you found to sleep, or else you may encounter an unpleasant surprise!

I left the thing on for over 24 hours by mistake and I had over a terabyte of upload that went through.

Well, that's why the speed values are configurable :richter:

highlander
31.03.22, 17:31
Hi,

I'm trying to use joal in command line on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.
I have 2 errors saying that both "clients" and "torrents" folders are missing.
They are not missing FOR SURE, as i used .gz lastest archive, and both folders are showing alongside the config.json file.

[WARN ] 2022-03-31 15:38:47.046 [ main] o.a.j.c.SeedManager: Sub-folder 'torrents' is missing in joal conf folder: /home/ubuntu/config.json/torrents
[WARN ] 2022-03-31 15:38:47.048 [ main] o.a.j.c.SeedManager: Sub-folder 'clients' is missing in joal conf folder: /home/ubuntu/config.json/clients
[ERROR] 2022-03-31 15:38:47.067 [ main] o.a.j.c.t.w.TorrentFileProvider: Folder /home/ubuntu/config.json/torrents does not exists.

I've tried using different jre versions, different joal versions. Both folders are readable with appropriate permissions...

Any idea?

Thank you!

anon
31.03.22, 22:04
If the directories do exist and are chmodded correctly, then this is very puzzling to me. I'd suggest running as root, but that seems unlikely to fix anything as the error is "-path- not found" and not "permission denied" (and would not be a true solution anyway). You lose nothing trying, though.

highlander
01.04.22, 08:34
Thank you for your reply :)

Just tried with sudo but ran into the same problem. Both folders are drwxr-xr-x in the same location as config.json.

Just in case here are the following error lines when running the jar:

[WARN ] 2022-04-01 06:46:47.255 [ main] o.a.j.c.SeedManager: Sub-folder 'torrents' is missing in joal conf folder: /home/ubuntu/joal/config.json/torrents
[WARN ] 2022-04-01 06:46:47.266 [ main] o.a.j.c.SeedManager: Sub-folder 'clients' is missing in joal conf folder: /home/ubuntu/joal/config.json/clients
[ERROR] 2022-04-01 06:46:47.284 [ main] o.a.j.c.t.w.TorrentFileProvider: Folder /home/ubuntu/joal/config.json/torrents does not exists.
[WARN ] 2022-04-01 06:46:47.294 [ main] o.s.b.w.s.c.AnnotationConfigServletWebServerApplic ationContext: Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDepen dencyException: Error creating bean with name 'applicationClosingListener' defined in URL [jar:file:/home/ubuntu/joal/jack-of-all-trades-2.1.29.jar!/BOOT-INF/classes!/org/araymond/joal/ApplicationClosingListener.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'seedManager' defined in class path resource [org/araymond/joal/web/config/BeanConfig.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Failed to instantiate [org.araymond.joal.core.SeedManager]: Factory method 'seedManager' threw exception; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: Torrent folder '/home/ubuntu/joal/config.json/torrents' not found.

Weird :/

anon
01.04.22, 18:41
nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: Torrent folder '/home/ubuntu/joal/config.json/torrents' not found.

This line made me realize something I should have noticed before... any chances you're passing the full path to config.json in your command line? Because JOAL expects a path to the directory that contains it instead, so you should be using --joal-conf="/home/ubuntu/" in your case (and don't forget the file system is case sensitive).

highlander
02.04.22, 19:40
This line made me realize something I should have noticed before... any chances you're passing the full path to config.json in your command line? Because JOAL expects a path to the directory that contains it instead, so you should be using --joal-conf="/home/ubuntu/" in your case (and don't forget the file system is case sensitive).

Well done sir! I was passing the whole path in cluding "config.json".
Started it with /home/ubuntu/joal/ and it worked!

For some reason while reading the readme i got convinced i had to include the file name as well...

Thank you!

anon
02.04.22, 21:35
Nice! And fortunately this was a harmless mistake... one you wouldn't want to make with dd or shred instead, trust me.

j0__0hn
24.11.22, 19:37
I have this use case:

- ~40 torrents need to be seeded at 0 kb/s (to avoid Hit and Run warnings)
- 1 torrent needs to be seeded at 100 kb/s ( a popular torrent with a big swarm)

since joal does not support per torrent speed control, what would be the easiest way to achieve that ?
2 side by side docker instance ? Whould that be noticable by the torrent tracker ?

anon
25.11.22, 09:37
Your scenario is difficult to handle with a single instance. If those 40 torrents have zero leechers and you're completely sure this will always remain so, you can effectively ignore them as JOAL will never fake upload on torrents no one else is downloading, but that's a big if.

Running two separate Docker containers is a good idea as long as your emulated client uses an individual peer_id and key. Since it's possible for programs in different containers to use the same listen port(s), this would render each one's activity indistinguishable from the other as far as trackers are concerned (but do check the logs on both to ensure this).

Note your Docker bindings must account for the facts that 1. ports on the host (for accessing the Web UI) cannot be shared, 2. either instance must be reachable from the Internet at all times on the port it reports to the tracker if you want to show up as connectable.

j0__0hn
26.11.22, 20:03
@anon,
thanks,
I abandonned this route, 2 java applet would lead to an heavy computionnal burden.

Here is a modified version which will set a weight of 0, thus a speed of 0, for torrent whose filename starts with "HR".
https://github.com/lkjasdfoi/myjoal/commit/473c5e90d49d17c2436ba9ad6269b06c2d38170a

anon
27.11.22, 13:25
Be the change you want to see in the world =] Nice work!

H265
15.03.23, 18:22
@anthony-joal - Can you increase the variance of the torrent speeds. I'm noticing multiple torrents with the same upload speeds. I can send a screenshot in pm if you want it.

sharktachi
20.03.23, 15:16
Is there a Transmission 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 client released yet?

Sorry I do not have the knowledge to create it by myself.

Thanks in advance.

anon
22.03.23, 01:33
To all client file writers, make sure to double-check Transmission's peer_id generation policy from here onwards...

sharktachi
23.03.23, 12:45
Has been changes in the peer_id formation?

PD: Damn, 4.0.2 is out already...

hiwa29
22.08.23, 23:17
Is this app safe to use as it seem to be very old and not updated for along time?

anon
23.08.23, 00:22
very old and not updated for along time

December 2022 wasn't that long ago, and Anthony has stated development work is going towards a complete rewrite (in Go instead of Java).

Anyway, like all modern mods and tools, it's safe as long as used correctly :richter:

hiwa29
23.08.23, 05:46
December 2022 wasn't that long ago, and Anthony has stated development work is going towards a complete rewrite (in Go instead of Java).

Anyway, like all modern mods and tools, it's safe as long as used correctly :richter:

does TL ban my account if use this app since it doesn't have Memory reader ?

anon
23.08.23, 05:50
JOAL doesn't need a memory reader since (as described in the first post under "How to use it safely") it's not meant to be used simultaneously with a torrent client.

hiwa29
23.08.23, 08:37
JOAL doesn't need a memory reader since (as described in the first post under "How to use it safely") it's not meant to be used simultaneously with a torrent client.

so what you tell me is that even if i use for example "ratiomaster plus" without memeory reader I will be fine? :confused:

anon
23.08.23, 08:44
Not sure how you derived that conclusion from my post or why you'd bring up RM+. I suggest doing a little research on what the memory reader is and does first, it's well-documented.