PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Robot

anon
23.10.16, 20:07
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=17080

Follows Elliot, a young programmer working as a cyber-security engineer by day, and a vigilante hacker by night.

Source: Mr. Robot (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/)

General Info:

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
No. of seasons: 3 (season 3 coming on 2017)
No. of episodes: 18

I watched the first episode yesterday, and it looks very good! The hacking scenes seem largely accurate, unlike it is usual in TV and movies. I think Instab and Master Razor will also like it.

Master Razor
23.10.16, 20:26
I watched it last year. Stoped watching after episode 8 or 9 of season 1.
I didn't like the directotion of the show.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.10.16, 22:14
kinda true...even if at the beginning looks like something cool...on the road..you have that felling that the script lost the main purpose focusing more on the main character double personality issues...but bottom line ...decent show ..still watching...if i have to rate...i say an 7,9 - 8

yoco
23.10.16, 23:18
I like the show! Need to watch season 2 :)

Instab
24.10.16, 01:35
the script lost the main purpose focusing more on the main character double personality issues
exactly, this quickly turns into a personality drama. i stopped watching it after a couple of episodes.

anon
24.10.16, 18:34
I watched it last year. Stoped watching after episode 8 or 9 of season 1.
I didn't like the directotion of the show.

exactly, this quickly turns into a personality drama. i stopped watching it after a couple of episodes.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, founder and president of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"This antitrust thing will blow over." -- Bill Gates, Chief Executive Officer at Microsoft, 1995

"I think Instab and Master Razor will also like [Mr. Robot]." -- anon, SB-Innovation.de moderator, 2016

Instab
25.10.16, 07:08
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, founder and president of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"This antitrust thing will blow over." -- Bill Gates, Chief Executive Officer at Microsoft, 1995

"I think Instab and Master Razor will also like [Mr. Robot]." -- anon, SB-Innovation.de moderator, 2016

:lol:

but thanks for thinking of us :happy:

anon
27.10.16, 17:16
So, I watched the season 1 finale and...

...loved it. It's like Fight Club and The Matrix were combined and turned into a TV series.

My only complaint: first fsociety had 50 hours to get everything done, or else the Dark Army wouldn't attack the China datacenter and all they'd worked for would be lost. Then Tyrell visits Elliot at his apartment, both go to the arcade, *TIME SKIP*, three days later Elliot wakes up in a black SUV, and by then everything had fallen into place and the revolution occurred. This felt pretty cheap.

But everything else is top-notch once you realize that (as was already said) it's a drama series with computer hacking elements, and not the other way around.

takomania
29.10.16, 12:36
watched from the first episode of s1 and loved it! The game is great too - very unique - try it if you haven't already!

Lucius
29.10.16, 12:41
I have heard a lot about it, queued it to be watch when I'm not pampering my little lovely ladies :D (I think this will still forever :D)

anon
29.10.16, 23:03
I have heard a lot about it, queued it to be watch when I'm not pampering my little lovely ladies :D (I think this will still forever :D)

Watch it with them, they might learn some things about password cracking and stuff :01:

To avoid spoilers, I'll say: only towards the first season's finale do things get interesting and the true direction of the series is revealed, so you'll have to watch it entirely to decide if you like it or not.

Master Razor
29.10.16, 23:53
It always amazes me how these fuckers wind up in power positions when they know nothing o of technology and how it grows.

slikrapid
30.10.16, 00:24
It always amazes me how these fuckers wind up in power positions when they know nothing o of technology and how it grows.

it just goes to show how even high-positioned people in a certain industry have a hard time guessing the future of their own field of activity
the world moves in mysterious ways, no?

anon
30.10.16, 23:09
Well, that was true at the time it was said. Computers were very expensive toys reserved for enthusiasts (with money) and corporate settings. The general populace didn't know what they were good for, and they couldn't do much to begin with. Let's have a look at these specs and price tag (equivalent to $24363 in today's dollars).

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=17121

Anyway, more predictions that turned out to be wrong here: Top 87 Bad Predictions about the Future (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/244810-Top-87-Bad-Predictions-about-the-Future)

fraudman
01.11.16, 15:59
I need an episode of Mr. Robot where Elliot successfully cheats on what.cd

anon
01.11.16, 16:27
I need an episode of Mr. Robot where Elliot successfully cheats on what.cd

Fuck cheating, I want to see their Torrent Celebrity forums to know if the rumors of multiple threads about me are true :wgreedy:

anon
08.11.16, 16:57
Season 2 was taking a long time to puff up, but things have finally gotten interesting as of episode 8!

The revelation of Elliot having been in prison all this time and created a Matrix for himself (and/or his hidden persona) was a serious mind screw. I hope they don't pull this all the time, though, because then we'll never know if what we're seeing is really true and it'll feel like a cheap trick.

Also, I use OpenWrt every day, so it was pretty nice to see this.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=17153

Backfire was already outdated by the time this was filmed, but it remains relevant because it's the last release that works decently with less than 32 MB of RAM or some Broadcom chipsets.

anon
06.11.17, 00:34
The first episode of season 3 was bleh, but it's really taking off now!

yoco
06.11.17, 11:40
Season 2 is just sitting on my hdd. I liked first season but I hear not so great stuff for season 2 so I don't know if I should watch it!

anon
07.11.17, 17:49
You should. The pace is slower but it's just as good.

anon
19.12.17, 17:11
I'm afraid the third season wasn't on par with the other two. There was a promising buildup at first, but afterwards everything came off as filler to me, and then they pulled that thing with Angela and the recovery key as a cheap hook for season 4?

Season 1: 9/10
Season 2: 10/10
Season 3: 7/10, rounded up

yoco
19.12.17, 23:40
Another show I just don't feal like watching, and I loved first season! :frown:

anon
21.12.17, 16:06
Let's make a deal. You watch season two, and after the fourth one finishes airing, I'll tell you if whether you should continue or not.

yoco
21.12.17, 23:40
I'll try next week when I'm off!

Master Razor
22.12.17, 11:27
I stopped watching after the first episode of season 2. You can watch it but I highly doubt you'll like it.

anon
09.10.19, 22:02
The fourth and final season started a few days ago (I've yet to watch the first episode). If they make a convincing storyline and tie all loose ends, it could end the series on a high note. Let's see.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
11.10.19, 01:06
final season already ? could be related to Rami Malek awards and shit tone of projects since than - back in season 1 - Rami Malek was a good actor but without the hype that it has now

anon
13.10.19, 17:45
I believe it had been decided since season three that the fourth would be the last. This is a good thing, it gives them the opportunity to wrap everything up and finish things well instead of stretching the story forever.

And if there are any doubts as to how final this season will be, well, just look at the first ten minutes of the first episode :dry:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.10.19, 20:45
watched the first episode from last season and i'm already happy about what happend with the blonde bimbo :biggrin::klatsch_3:

btw ep 2 is out also

anon
27.12.19, 03:30
Some filler, acceptable mindfuck finale. The reveal about what really happened with Elliot's father and the window incident had superb buildup, but felt like a cheap retconned conclusion (and was largely forgotten after a couple of episodes). Lots of deaths this season, some very well-deserved, but I'm glad Elliot, Darlene and Dom made it out fine. The Virtual Realty infiltration and Cyprus National Bank hack were the peak points.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
27.12.19, 10:47
i'm on ep 11 i think - left there untill all of the ep was released

the elites hack - robbing their money was a great ideea and probably the single solution to save this planet outside tv show also

Sazzy
28.12.19, 23:22
13 is already out and is the ending
I feel like they kinda really rushed it out of nowhere, but I'm happy with it anyway. At first I thought 11 was the actual ending since I wasn't paying attention and I was kinda upset with it. I liked the real ending better even if it could've used a bit more clues along the way.

anon
29.12.19, 19:01
I feel like they kinda really rushed it out of nowhere, but I'm happy with it anyway.

This sentence summarizes my feelings fairly well. I'd rate this season 7.5/10. Not superb, but good enough, and at least they didn't keep it going forever to finish with a Dexter ending.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
01.01.20, 10:54
finished the season
wich for me actually ended with ep 11 - a good show - but not for everybody

bytheway: anybody noticed that on powerplant scene when eliot is installing the malware on the pc - parts of the hack where blurred out

anon
02.01.20, 20:32
bytheway: anybody noticed that on powerplant scene when eliot is installing the malware on the pc - parts of the hack where blurred out

I didn't. I suppose it was meant to represent how important this moment was and/or Elliot's state of mind during it.

What I did notice was that technical depictions of computer hacking were close to nonexistent, and mostly limited to scripts (where they can type ./hackbank.py and the actual commands run behind the scenes). Conversely, the first two seasons had very accurate portrayals and got praised for that.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
03.01.20, 21:01
I didn't. I suppose it was meant to represent how important this moment was and/or Elliot's state of mind during it.

i haven't understand very well elliot state of mind on the whole tv show- it's like i was studying inception - that made the show "not for eveybody" - beside that- they are a few moments when elliot goes from having double personality or triple to the moments when his sister is talking to mr. robot separatelly like it was talking with elliot( i mean the same space) - for example - on departure in the last season -on the episode " exist" i think - elliot was around the motel - mr robot was leaning over the car - and darlene tells him something like " you know when you are not an asshole you are actually likeable" or something - those type of scenes made things more confusing about what is mr. robot - a ersonallity of elliot - a ghost or what :smile: - not to mention that on the last episodes whne they added paralel univers things got more confusing

Conversely, the first two seasons had very accurate portrayals and got praised for that.

indeed...some friend told me that about the previous seasons- but i don't know very well codding so i took for good the coding in the last season also

anon
04.01.20, 22:44
for example - on departure in the last season -on the episode " exist" i think - elliot was around the motel - mr robot was leaning over the car - and darlene tells him something like " you know when you are not an asshole you are actually likeable" or something - those type of scenes made things more confusing about what is mr. robot - a ersonallity of elliot - a ghost or what :smile:

Fight Club, which provided the inspiration for this aspect of the series, cheated a bit with the concept of alternate personalities, and it looks like the same happened here. It's hard to do it convincingly otherwise, even if unlike with Tyler Durden we're already aware of who Mr. Robot is.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
05.01.20, 19:02
omg...i have missed the fact that first time this was implemented in fight club :top: