PDA

View Full Version : Stranger Things

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
19.07.16, 13:52
Stranger Things
50min | Drama, Horror, Thriller | TV Series (2016– )

When a young boy disappears, his mother, a sheriff, and his friends must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ch5xBTHCyY

Great tv show..it reminds me about old movies atmosphere made in 80-90 wich can't be compared with 2016 movies ever ...it's a mix between super 8 , true detectives season 2 atmosphere and old movies...it has thriller scene , sf, and brings me back in time when movies where good

yoco
19.07.16, 22:37
Might take a look at some point, later!

eragooo
20.07.16, 12:26
One of the best show I have ever seen. Must watch!

yoco
20.07.16, 14:38
I just read a really good reviews. Downloading now :D

yoco
21.07.16, 22:42
Watched 4 episodes so far! God damn, this is amazing so far! Netflix sure know how to make tv shows good! Highly recommend.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.07.16, 00:10
why the fuck u guys don't trust me when i say something :tongue:

yoco
22.07.16, 22:39
Any more similar recommendations?

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.07.16, 23:59
not much..but i let u know if i find more....i can't compare and IMDB over 9 tv show with other trash tv shows

yoco
23.07.16, 16:42
Did you maybe watch the Night of and The Night Manager? People say they're good, but I haven't watched any episode yet!

takomania
25.08.16, 17:27
just finished watching this one - great show! looking forward to season 2 (though i hope they don't mess it up like they did with s2 of true detectives...

yoco
25.08.16, 22:04
oh god, I still have to watch that one! Do you think I'll regret it? :D

takomania
26.08.16, 12:26
i never watched series 2! i loved series one so much and series 2 had such disappointed audiences that i steered clear of it!

definitely check out s1 of true detectives though - it's excellent!

yoco
26.08.16, 16:08
Yea, I watched season 1 when it came out, and it was good first 4 episodes, last 4 were amazing :D

anon
26.08.16, 17:54
I downloaded the pilot when this thread was started, but haven't watched it yet. Based on your feedback, it's next on my list (and I'll check the other recommendations too).

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
19.10.16, 22:37
i have recalled what old movies feedback gives me this show...stephen king old movies...beside that ..season 2 is on the way ...

s2 of true detectives

don't get me started with s2 from true detectives ...ufo's in this show?,,really?...beside that ..both ..cop...and villan was stupid...Detective Ray Velcoro can't be compared with the masterpiece role that Detective Rust Cohle was in season 1 expecially trough the best acting role by Matthew McConaughey....season 2 was carried trough the acting of Detective Ani Bezzerides(Rachel McAdams) and Frank Semyon ( Vince Vaughn) but not enough to be a masterpiece

anon
20.10.16, 18:53
Coincidentally, I was watching the season finale when DarkSaibot made his post :wtongue:

I also recommend this series. I like how protagonism is well spread among the main characters, so that there aren't any you don't care much for (speaking of which, Will and Steve will apparently have more central roles during the next season). And of course, all the bits of the conspiracy, which are revealed little by little.

slikrapid
20.10.16, 20:18
funny, 3 negative reviews in a row speak of:

Definitely for the under-12's

The only way Im thinking people like this,is only if they are teens or so much younger than even that. Is not a good show for anyone who is over 22.

The fact that the show is tagged as Horror has nothing "horror". Its like a toned down version of E.T movie for 8 year old kids.

anon
21.10.16, 15:11
Its like a toned down version of E.T movie for 8 year old kids.

E.T. didn't have a body count! :eyebrows:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.10.16, 09:14

The only way Im thinking people like this,is only if they are teens or so much younger than even that. Is not a good show for anyone who is over 22.

The fact that the show is tagged as Horror has nothing "horror". Its like a toned down version of E.T movie for 8 year old kids.

sure..same reviewer...."wow man...batman vs superman was awsome and so realistic..and that line that batman spoke " do you bleed" was orgasmic......i'm hardly waiting for new power rangers also " :)))

slikrapid
22.10.16, 18:20
E.T. didn't have a body count!

goes right over their (8-year old) heads anyways ;)

sure..same reviewer....

actually, it was 3 reviewers, from different countries,... though he could be faking (multiple accounts method) hehe

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.10.16, 19:28
i meant to say ..that u will be suprised to see from the same reviewer a good review to something that u really hate ...then u will be circumspicious about his reviews :P

yoco
06.02.17, 11:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Egf5U8xLo8

alpacino
09.02.17, 08:10
Wow, I gotta catch up with this, still haven't watched the first season. :rolling_eyes:

Instab
09.02.17, 15:48

that pretty much nails it and that aside it's also lame. i watched the first two episodes when i had a cold a few weeks ago and "slow progress" would be an understatement :P
however, because of the very good reviews i gave it another shot and watched the last episode. it wasn't much different so in the end the only good thing about this is the title music which is really nice.

bottom line is that this show suffers from the same problem as all other netflix shows i've watched: the screenplay. the only exception is house of cards but everything else has just a poor script. anyhow there're many good shows available currently so it doesn't matter much.

alpacino
10.02.17, 09:53
What I've been hearing all around from real life friends and relatives is that they really liked it, most tend to say they related to it because it has an 80's feel, and that's what have attracted me to it, I will try to watch it asap, finishing some other shows lately, god there are too many TV shows and so little time.

yoco
23.07.17, 10:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

anon
24.07.17, 08:09
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=13641

yoco
17.10.17, 22:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZXOOLMJ8s

yoco
29.10.17, 22:52
Just watched season 2! Amazing show!

anon
30.10.17, 23:17
Haven't watched it yet, but after the new seasons of The Americans and Better Call Saul finished airing early on, this and Mr. Robot S03 are the TV shows I'm looking forward to watching this year.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
31.10.17, 00:10
have one more episode from season 2 to watch - and i can say that second season can't be compared with first season ,or i'm getting used with the atmosphere,but it feels like something is missing - the salt and pepper - the flavor started to were off

offtopic: Mr. Robot S03 started to be great - after an avg season 2 and a predictable unfolding story on season 1
i'm waiting for black mirror season 4 - idk how long

the only exception is house of cards

wich is almoust done - season 6 final season - hoping to end with both underwood's on the electric chair -since they started to be annoying 4 seasons ago already

Did you maybe watch the Night of and The Night Manager? People say they're good, but I haven't watched any episode yet!

sorry for not responding and see the question in proper time - just noticed
- The Night Of -yes- is a great mini series
The Night Manager - not yet

alpacino
01.11.17, 22:57
People are making such fuzz from this show that I will have to watch. Soon after I finish "The Following".

latres
05.11.17, 21:48
Have already downloaded that NTb release floating around, just need to find the time and check it. Hope is at least equal to the first season.

* since someone mentioned it, The Night Manager was really good too and has also been green-lighted for a 2nd season :)

anon
05.11.17, 23:28
* since someone mentioned it, The Night Manager was really good too and has also been green-lighted for a 2nd season :)

That's grand, looking forward to it. I liked both miniseries (and The Night Of's finale actually had a hook for a second season).

latres
06.11.17, 16:52
i think the Night of was perfect and doesn't really need a second season. Some things are better left as they are.

On the other hand, stranger things could get at least another season, if not 2 and still maintain the good quality.

yoco
06.11.17, 23:05
I think it's confirmed there'll be 4 seasons.

slikrapid
07.11.17, 17:34
imdb says 9.0, the hype is strong with this one

S01 is slow but watchable, guess the goonies, ET, stand by me comparisons may somewhat apply, the writing is weak, the characters are weird and dysfunctional, winona overacting much, looking for will-i-am, not recommended for a very young audience

S02 drops the ball, the mood changes, became generic, introduced annoying new characters (2 kids & detective, 008 & gang were awful), became weirder (sheriff & 011, winona and sam of lotr, 008 & 011), levels of slime and gore increased, fast-forwarded most of the season, oh and anti-russian propaganda is there as well (usa political & military agenda spreading through usa tv shows)

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
10.11.17, 22:33
+ the chemtrails sky conditioning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwy34XjpJd8

slikrapid
11.11.17, 15:46
just noticed this one:

VA-Stranger_Things_(Soundtrack_from_the_Netflix_Origi nal_Series)-WEB-2017-ENTiTLED

yoco
20.03.19, 22:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEG3bmU_WaI

Blocker
25.03.19, 04:04
Really looking forward to watch the 3rd season, very well made TV show , I like a lot the plot.

Data1
25.03.19, 10:27
Also looking forward to watch the 3rd season, hate long breaks

mepmao
26.03.19, 18:31
Is this show as good as everyone says? Sometimes when a show gets too much hype, it's never as good as the hype.

yoco
26.03.19, 22:35
I really like the first season. Second one isn't as good, but still watchable. Give it a try.

Data1
27.03.19, 08:12
Is this show as good as everyone says? Sometimes when a show gets too much hype, it's never as good as the hype.

You're right but you have to see it as a whole. There will olways be an Episode that is not so good. It's all a matter of taste ;)
I liked it, it reminded me of the 80s, like is supposed to be.

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 ---------- Previous Post was at 08:07 ----------

Second one isn't as good, but still watchable. Give it a try.

I agree with you

mepmao
27.03.19, 18:09
I really like the first season. Second one isn't as good, but still watchable. Give it a try.

Okay, I just watched the entire first season yesterday and oh my God... This show is AMAZING.

JohnareyouOK
27.03.19, 19:38
season 1, 10/10
season 2, 9/10
The biggest threat of this show is these little actors grew up too fast!

yoco
27.03.19, 22:40
Okay, I just watched the entire first season yesterday and oh my God... This show is AMAZING.
Glad you liked it! :D
Tell me how you feel about second one after you watch it.

midnighter
28.03.19, 12:59
I really like the Series. I' m waiting for the third season. Eleven is soo cool.
Normaly I'm only watching anime-series but this one is a really goood one.

anon
30.03.19, 18:59

I agree completely with yoco's assessment. Furthermore, the second season didn't have much of a hook for the third one, and the latest trailer doesn't show a lot either...

I really like the Series. I' m waiting for the third season. Eleven is soo cool.
Normaly I'm only watching anime-series but this one is a really goood one.

I'm loving that torii gate avatar, you and I are going to be alright :smilie4:

mepmao
30.03.19, 20:38
Glad you liked it! :D
Tell me how you feel about second one after you watch it.

I just finished the second season! Not as strong as the first one, but still super enjoyable. I personally thought "Episode 7" was super weird and actually pointless if I'm being honest. Super excited for season 3 this summer though.

---------- Post Merged at 20:38 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:37 ----------

I agree completely with yoco's assessment. Furthermore, the second season didn't have much of a hook for the third one, and the latest trailer doesn't show a lot either...:

The third season seems really different. In my opinion, it looks like they dialed the horror side of it down a lot, judging from the trailer. Super excited, nevertheless.

yoco
30.03.19, 22:41
I hope season 3 is really good. Maybe they can do season 4 as well, but after that the kids will be all grown up.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
31.03.19, 00:47
i predict an average season 3 but who knows - the plot script is already repetitive now added with older characters could be a even more downer

yoco
23.06.19, 10:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLpezAxde1Z5TFp1p_Z4U50z8RAk8x1W_u&v=XcnHOQ-cHa0

sbmodhd
24.06.19, 12:32
I'm waiting for it!

Blocker
27.06.19, 03:06
looking forward to watch it;)

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
28.06.19, 20:54
4'th of july - Independence Day

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
06.07.19, 22:44
it's not that bad - haven't finished yet - but it's starting to have old clichés - like russians- ideas borrowed from other movies - teenage flings clichés = entertainng eather way to watch

yoco
06.07.19, 23:07
It starts really slow. I'm at episode 6 :D

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
07.07.19, 12:29
same - starts slow and finish quickly

yoco
08.07.19, 22:34
Season complete. I gave it a solid 6/10. Wasn't that good, but it wasn't bad as well. First season is still the best!

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
09.07.19, 16:58
same ratings - to many story scripts rehashed from other movies

yoco
09.07.19, 22:32
My biggest issue was the Russians. It seemed such a cliche! :frown:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
10.07.19, 21:13
about that they have a lack of logic - beside the usual russian are evil propaganda like it was in the cold war era - how the fuck batallions of russians has established over u.s. without anybody noticing - russian soldiers not even bothered to be undercover = unless they've used teleportation for travelling :smile:)) not to mention the underground bunker activity presumed like nobody will notice that just because on the top was a mall

not to mention that you close a door to another world - but after that you left the place guarded only by local sheriff :smile:

the monsters and the body snatching copied from THE THING and Body Snatchers = The EVIL Russian GUY is made like a chinese copy of the terminator (even based on the looks it's made to resemle with Arnold or make you Think about the first terminator movie,they even mocking him about this ) not to mention - 1 person with broken leg manages to lift a bed all by himself after that miracoussly recovers in a few hours -and when is shot - is shot only in the bulletproof vest

they don't explain why 11 lose his powers at the end - wich also is a cliche with the supernatural hero that lose his powers alongside with the cliche somebody is dying on the explosion but is not actually dead | The cliche let's go to the "coco beans" character to figure ourself the whole plot

show is saved only by dustin - Steve and his interactions with that girl - Lucas sister and Jim + some side characters

yoco
15.02.20, 09:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB2GYwbIAlM&feature=emb_title

anon
15.02.20, 21:54
I still haven't watched the third :pinch:

yoco
16.02.20, 10:20
You won't miss much!

berial
25.02.20, 14:09
First season was so good. Follow ups haven’t really caught the same magic.

Data1
26.02.20, 14:13
First season was so good. Follow ups haven?t really caught the same magic.

You are right, but it is / it was still a good series ;)

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
26.02.20, 19:31
they are good as follows : season 1 } season 3 and last ,season 2

JP2020
26.02.20, 20:30
if we have similar tastes and i really liked these (especially s1)

Give The Expanse a try. S1 OK but gets better all the way through
- only one real WTF stupid :-( moment and that near end of last series so far

I was so impressed, I stole the ebooks.

insane
01.03.20, 02:02
can't wait for new season.

Tom1012
10.05.22, 17:26
I admit, actuall season not as close as good as the first season. But still worth watching it.

anon
11.05.22, 00:50
I still haven't watched the third :pinch:

You won't miss much!

I still haven't watched it, but considering this comment and my current schedule, I think I'll take the Shift+Del route here.