PDA

View Full Version : God of War

yoco
14.06.16, 08:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_wIEHCYz_U

takomania
18.06.16, 18:44
asides from looking stunning (which is normal for gow games), they appear to have actually responded to every piece of negative criticism that anyone ever had against a god of war game (story, one dimensional characters, repetitive gameplay etc).

this is going to be interesting - looking forward to seeing more!

yoco
18.06.16, 22:54
Same here! I love how they changed everything! :top:

Sazzy
19.06.16, 21:16
Dad simulator 2016 :lol:

ozymandis
22.06.16, 11:26
Looks awesome can't wait to get my hands on it

Kh@lDr@go
24.07.16, 15:44
Long gaming articles could be written about the mighty GOW. till this very day every now and then i gotta get my PS2 up and running the game to play it.I can't remember how many times i finished it. lol :biggrin:

yoco
24.07.16, 22:43
Same here! Played both on PS2, never played GoW 3 thou, didn't have PS3!

Kh@lDr@go
25.07.16, 22:28
Same here! Played both on PS2, never played GoW 3 thou, didn't have PS3!

Man, you must be joking. How could you not possibly try to paly it at any cost ?! even if you had to borrow the console from a friend, rent it or even worse ,Steal it lol.... The dynamics and gameplay, the story and drama in GOW3 is more than thrilling.

Now GOW4 is about to be realeased on PS4, Which means you will miss a lot if you don't catch up 3 as soon as possible :)

yoco
25.07.16, 22:34
I'm sure they'll remaster GoW 3 for PS4 in near future! :P

yoco
13.06.17, 12:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbAB8Rar3zE

Pentax
13.06.17, 21:53
I have not played any GoW title yet, but this one definitely looks interesting. Added it to my games radar. :cool:

alpacino
14.06.17, 00:05
You should definitely play God of War 3, one of the best games I have ever played.
Now this new one maybe the excuse for me to acquire a playstation 4, we'll see.

yoco
14.06.17, 10:42
You should definitely play God of War 3, one of the best games I have ever played.
Now this new one maybe the excuse for me to acquire a playstation 4, we'll see.
When you buy PS4, buy another one and send me?!! :wink2::top:

anon
14.06.17, 22:49

PlayStations are super expensive in Brazil due to very high import taxes, so it may actually have to be the other way around.

yoco
15.06.17, 10:39
alpacino is from Brazil?

anon
15.06.17, 16:08
alpacino is from Brazil?

Yes sir... you need to hang out more =]

yoco
15.06.17, 22:24
Yes sir... you need to hang out more =]
I can't keep track from where you guys all are :tongue:

alpacino
15.06.17, 22:41
I'll see what I can do...

PlayStations are super expensive in Brazil due to very high import taxes, so it may actually have to be the other way around.
You got that right my friend, sadly. But when/if I buy it's going to be through "alternate" channels. Not stolen merchandise if anyone is wondering.

yoco
16.06.17, 15:37
My man :top:

anon
16.06.17, 17:08
You got that right my friend, sadly. But when/if I buy it's going to be through "alternate" channels. Not stolen merchandise if anyone is wondering.

Let me guess, you're either traveling to Chile to buy it, or having it shipped from there in a box with "grandma's cookies, do not open" written on it :wgrin:

I feel you, it's the same thing here, and only now slowly beginning to change (the 35% tax and restrictions on imported hardware will be lifted this year). Everything is half price or less in Chile, the difference is abysmal.

czullo
16.06.17, 17:43
My ps4 slim and wallet are ready :D

yoco
16.06.17, 22:19
Just wondering. How much does PS4 Pro actually cost in Brazil?

anon
18.06.17, 19:39

The price tag is around $1800 according what I've read.

yoco
18.06.17, 22:25
Are you fucking serious? That's absurd!!!! Here it costs 400€

anon
19.06.17, 01:48
I know, it's insanely high and most of it is taxes :frusty: In Argentina it's $780 if you buy it directly from Sony. Compare all amounts against the "real" $300... which by the way is said to be a reference to the original console's $299 price tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvEzZoYb1Y

alpacino
20.06.17, 10:51
Let me guess, you're either traveling to Chile to buy it, or having it shipped from there in a box with "grandma's cookies, do not open" written on it :wgrin:
You got that right my friend, Chile is the best "gateway" for these. They have the best prices. :wgrin:

I feel you, it's the same thing here, and only now slowly beginning to change (the 35% tax and restrictions on imported hardware will be lifted this year). Everything is half price or less in Chile, the difference is abysmal.35%? Wish it was the same on my f'in country. Here it is 60%! Plus if you use a credit card, which you are very likely to do to buy in USD and then pay the card's bill in BRL, you are then added another 6.38% tax!
Glad to hear your country is lifting this tax, will it be lower or zero? Wish they would do this here too, but their excuse is that they are "protecting" the internal commerce and all that bull. The internal commerce is already overloaded with so many taxes that's why things cost a lot in here, specially electronic apparatus.
What are these hardware restrictions your country has?

Here, in Walmart the PS4 Pro with 1 TB internal storage costs the equivalent to $792 USD with the current exchange rate. The price tag anon mentioned and even above that was found when they launched the console here for the first time.

anon
20.06.17, 21:38
You got that right my friend, Chile is the best "gateway" for these. They have the best prices. :wgrin:

Make sure to get Harry Potter's invisibility cloak while it's still on discount =]

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=17887

35%? Wish it was the same on my f'in country. Here it is 60%! Plus if you use a credit card, which you are very likely to do to buy in USD and then pay the card's bill in BRL, you are then added another 6.38% tax!
Glad to hear your country is lifting this tax, will it be lower or zero? Wish they would do this here too, but their excuse is that they are "protecting" the internal commerce and all that bull. The internal commerce is already overloaded with so many taxes that's why things cost a lot in here, specially electronic apparatus.
What are these hardware restrictions your country has?

It's going to be zero for everything, here is a chart showing the difference (too lazy to translate, but you get the idea).

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=17888

"Restrictions" was the wrong word, quotas would have been a better choice. Since shops couldn't import everything they wanted, supply was strongly skewed towards items that sold the most, so you had a dozen sellers offering the same mid-range products (with a price competition that's decent in context), and very little choice for other things that sold less, regardless of their actual value. I once had to buy a replacement CPU fan for a Sony Vaio laptop which was no more than $10 on eBay, ended up paying $39 to the only shop that could smuggle import it from the USA.

Both the old and the new ways are politically motivated, of course - the previous government had strong protectionist policies, the current one wants a deregulated free market.

Here, in Walmart the PS4 Pro with 1 TB internal storage costs the equivalent to $792 USD with the current exchange rate. The price tag anon mentioned and even above that was found when they launched the console here for the first time.

Nice, but 792 dollars is less insanely expensive, not cheaper :dabs:

alpacino
21.06.17, 01:18
It's going to be zero for everything, here is a chart showing the difference (too lazy to translate, but you get the idea).
Nice. Don't worry about translation, although I'm not fluent in spanish we share a common older language that derived years ago, so I can read and understand 95% spanish, but can't write or speak correctly, I bet it's likely the same for you in relation to portuguese.

"Restrictions" was the wrong word, quotas would have been a better choice. Since shops couldn't import everything they wanted, supply was strongly skewed towards items that sold the most, so you had a dozen sellers offering the same mid-range products (with a price competition that's decent in context), and very little choice for other things that sold less, regardless of their actual value. I once had to buy a replacement CPU fan for a Sony Vaio laptop which was no more than $10 on eBay, ended up paying $39 to the only shop that could smuggle import it from the USA.

Both the old and the new ways are politically motivated, of course - the previous government had strong protectionist policies, the current one wants a deregulated free market.
Understood. Wish mine would do the same, but here we have no signs of that happening anytime soon. Even the gasoline prices are way too high here when the other countries are all having reduced prices.

Nice, but 792 dollars is less insanely expensive, not cheaper :dabs:

Indeed, I still consider it quite insane as it is almost double the USA price for the PRO version.

anon
21.06.17, 20:27
Nice. Don't worry about translation, although I'm not fluent in spanish we share a common older language that derived years ago, so I can read and understand 95% spanish, but can't write or speak correctly, I bet it's likely the same for you in relation to portuguese.

You are correct, leaving aside some words like "esquisito" or "brincar" which have completely different meanings :gsmile:

Understood. Wish mine would do the same, but here we have no signs of that happening anytime soon. Even the gasoline prices are way too high here when the other countries are all having reduced prices.

High gas prices make things worse. All merchandise must be transported and that adds to the overall cost.

axanon1
02.11.17, 15:39
i am waiting rpcs3 for play gow3

I know, it's insanely high and most of it is taxes :frusty: In Argentina it's $780 if you buy it directly from Sony. Compare all amounts against the "real" $300... which by the way is said to be a reference to the original console's $299 price tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvEzZoYb1Y

anon how you know? are you from argentina?

anon
05.11.17, 22:12
anon how you know? are you from argentina?

Yes sir, and I shall prove it by posting this image.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=18385

salahef
23.06.18, 02:04
thanks for the game

i will buy it for my ps4

raycroft
18.02.24, 01:08
Might have to actually buy PlayStation this time to play this, looks incredible.

alpacino
19.02.24, 05:36
After all the hype from 2016, I gotta be honest with you. This game sucks, it's not God of War, more like Soy of War. Sazzy couldn't be more correct on post #4, it's a dad simulator, I remember seeing some idiots posting how this game will/would make you a better dad, etc. Most of the time you have this little brat coming along forcing you to do boring stuff and chores.

The original God of War trilogy Kratos was greek and for no reason (they don't explain this in the game) he got tired and went north (wtf?). Kratos is no longer the "vengeful spartan" he once was, now he has a kid and "he needs to do better", laughable.

If you want to play good God of War games, go for the original trilogy. 1 and 2 on Playstation 2, also remastered on PS3, and the best in my opinion, the 3rd installment on PS3 also remastered on PS4.

Now what was bad, became even worse with 2022 God of War Ragnarok, which is the sequel to the 2018 one. Now his son is an annoying adolescent that keeps emasculating his father to the point where Kratos, an effin god of war, has to apologize to his son, and promise to do better. I'm not even going into details how they crammed a new black girl in a Norse mythology Viking scenario.

Original God of War series creator seems to hate what they did with the franchise:
https://www.levelup.com/en/news/768147/The-creator-of-God-of-War-despises-the-direction-the-series-has-taken

It's really a shame the direction that game industry is heading, now that it's been infected with the same woke virus as the movie industry.