PDA

View Full Version : The Shannara Chronicles

yoco
18.10.15, 17:28
directed by Jonathan Liebesman (first two episodes)
starring Austin Butler, Poppy Drayton, Ivana Baquero, Manu Bennett, John Rhys-Davies, Brooke Williams, Marcus Vanco, Daniel MacPherson, Aaron Jakubenko, James Remar
release date January 5, 2016 (on MTV)

Amberle (Poppy Drayton) a young Elven girl, is chosen to undertake the quest for the Bloodfire. The way is perilous, though. Other demons besides the Reaper stalk the land. Amberle will need a protector if she is to prevail, and Wil Ohmsford (Austin Butler) heir to the elven magics of Shannara, is chosen to accompany her. Amberle’s quest and the fate of the Four Lands will rest on Wil’s ability to unlock the magic of the mysterious Elfstones of Shannara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr3z_sTSNU

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
19.03.16, 19:34
i have watched the first season , it's not good or bad, just a teen tv show simillar with teen wolf just that is with elfs ,
it has a strange story also, action takes places in a post apocaliptic enviroment where elfs are tha main population after humans were almoust extinct , but somehow the technology is just a relic, they are back to the stone age , horses, crossbows,swords, + magic in the mix and the" so used" female character in middle of everything

yoco
19.03.16, 22:47
I have only last episode to watch, but yea pretty much what you said! The first two episodes are actually really good, you can see they put effort in CGI. It was really nice!

Instab
20.03.16, 00:56
well it's from mtv so no surprise. the plot is not bad tho from what i've seen. at least they're getting to the point unlike many other shows

anon
20.03.16, 03:05
Amberle (Poppy Drayton) a young Elven girl

I'm sold :wub:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
20.03.16, 07:14
i'm not :biggrin: looks like a teen girl that never grows up (Jennifer Lawrence style )

first episodes are always better no mather the tv show and i agree with the plot ,but when it reaches the end it's on fast forward ....they use 10 episodes to reach the lost magic , or whateva ,the seed and in just 1 episode the final battle take place between demons and elfes + dwarfs ++ wich take around 5 min ..demon chief is slain in 2 sec ...and they are already back from a travel who took 10 episodes..plus the cliche ending

the only good thing was that i saw Manu Bennett(Crixus) acting again

yoco
20.03.16, 11:21
Well you kinda spoiled it for me now.... but no matter, I was kinda expecting this. :D
"Crixus" looked damn awesome I must say. My favorite character for sure. And that other chick is good looking as well :P

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
20.03.16, 12:03
for "the other chick " Eretria , i agree, she looks more like a sexy women, at least in the show, in the real life it's simillar with just a pretty face Amberle (Poppy Drayton)

or is just me with my type of girls like :
Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha Vikings)
Lauren Cohan ( Maggie TVD)
Kate Beckinsale ( Underwold)
Lauren German ( Lucifer)
Sarah Shahi ( Person of Interest)
even Lili Simmons ( banshee) ( from the categ teen girls)

yoco
20.03.16, 22:48
All those women are awesome! I like them as well :D

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
21.03.16, 00:05
i don't think that it will be any man who can say "no" to those marvelous creations

yoco
21.03.16, 10:44
Gay man would disagree, lol

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
21.03.16, 21:20
gay man will turn straight :))

Sazzy
21.03.16, 21:28
i have watched the first season , it's not good or bad, just a teen tv show simillar with teen wolf just that is with elfs ,
it has a strange story also, action takes places in a post apocaliptic enviroment where elfs are tha main population after humans were almoust extinct , but somehow the technology is just a relic, they are back to the stone age , horses, crossbows,swords, + magic in the mix and the" so used" female character in middle of everything

it was psyched right until "teen wolf". Also wish I didn't read the spoiler. Doubting to start this now~

yoco
21.03.16, 22:44
gay man will turn straight :))
Miracles do happen :D