PDA

View Full Version : Better Call Saul

Blocker
13.04.15, 18:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q4qzYrHVmI

The trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer, Saul Goodman, in the time leading up to establishing his strip-mall law office in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Highly recommended IMO :top::top::tongue:

anon
14.04.15, 04:38
Glad someone created a thread for this one. I'll quote a post I made on another discussion:

For those of us who have watched Breaking Bad, we have that foreknowledge about characters and their motivations, which makes the show indeed great because it tells its own story and expands on the other one.

On its own, I think people may understandably find it slow. Then again, that's exactly what happened with the first season of Breaking Bad - it wasn't until after season 2 that it really took flight.

Not sure what's up with the last episode, though. He suddenly breaks down after getting a bunch of "B" balls at the bingo (which probably wouldn't happen if the script didn't ask for it)... then returns to his hometown and somehow goes back to scamming for a week? :unsure:

Alright, what Chuck had just done and said to him was not nice. But I feel that could have been done a bit better.

Sazzy
14.04.15, 12:13
I don't think the bingo was related, it was just that kind of moment where you start to think: you know what! Fuck it. Fuck it all. I don't even care anymore.

Sometimes people tend to prove others right that way, despite the fact they were wrong.

Agreed it wasn't the best ever, but I could imagine how he felt and why stuff happened.

yoco
14.04.15, 15:52
I never really liked Breaking Bad, so I doubt I'll enjoy this one!

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 16:21
last episode was boring

Sazzy
14.04.15, 18:56
last episode was boring

Said the guy who thinks iZombie is great :lol:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 19:29
is just a metter of taste and point of view ...said the guy who also liked breaking bad
beside that..better call saul is like first season of breaking bad ...slow moving on action

I can't agree with you all..just to make you ego-happy :smile:

merlotte
15.04.15, 12:36
I always thought that Breaking Bad was good, but just after the first two seasons. Considering that Vince Gilligan, the creator of BBad, is one of the two creators of Better Call Saul, I think the TV series are very much alike. But Bob Odenkirk, Saul Goodman in BBad, plays other character in Better Call SAUL? From what I've read, Better Call Saul doesn't seem very attractive and I prefer to try Vikings first. Or House of Cards...

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
15.04.15, 13:50
Saul Goodman in BBad, plays other character in Better Call SAUL?

no, it plays the same character but until the events of breaking bad , in the period when it was at first in law area and his name was Jimmy McGill

well the story of Better Call Saul is not a bad one ,each episode gives you a drop of plot from what will/could happen and it keep's you watching,but after a time ,thinking clear , without drinking the Breaking Bad Juice you come to realise that after 10 episodes not much happend with Jimmy McGill and the show was a lil bit saved from being to booring using Mike Ehrmantraut as the second plot character ....the story is very well narrated but is like that books that you find them over the internet (4 Dummies books) when you write 300 pages for something that you can put in 100 pages...maybe because they want to drain the pipe with more than 1 or two seasons until the timeline will reach breaking bad events and it's all over or mostly over

anon
15.04.15, 15:19
But Bob Odenkirk, Saul Goodman in BBad, plays other character in Better Call SAUL?

Remember when Badger got busted for trying to sell meth to an undercover cop? By recommendation of Jesse and co., Walt turns to Saul, and at some point in conversation the latter tells him his real name is McGill and he "changed" it to appeal to Jewish clients.

after a time ,thinking clear , without drinking the Breaking Bad Juice you come to realise that after 10 episodes not much happend with Jimmy McGill and the show was a lil bit saved from being to booring using Mike Ehrmantraut as the second plot character ....

True. After the very last scene in the season finale, I am highly eager to see how Jimmy turns into Saul Goodman, but we'll have to wait for that.

Blocker
15.04.15, 19:29
last episode was boring

In comparison with the previous ,I agree with you , this TV show is getting better with the time , I will continue watching it

alpacino
16.04.15, 08:41
I never really liked Breaking Bad, so I doubt I'll enjoy this one!

What?? Are you on cracks boy?
:wgrin:
Sorry for the joke.

yoco
16.04.15, 15:59
Nah :P I just never understood why people love the show so much. I managed like 3 seasons.

Sazzy
16.04.15, 18:29
Breaking bad is an amazing show imho, but you just can't binge it. It's really good if you followed it with one ep a week (as it aired). If you binge it, you easily overdosed and it got boring after a bit. I'm guessing that's what happened to you ;)

anon
16.02.16, 22:04
Season 2 premiered today!

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
25.02.16, 19:37
and after 2 episodes is still boring, still saved by mike story and background ...this show is 10% interesting ..90% flat line..not much is happening

anon
26.02.16, 03:07
Season two was when Breaking Bad really started to puff up, and I expect the same here. Saul's already moved to a super-duper lawyer buffet (with a super-duper desk) from the back of a nail salon. Everything's already set up for the more interesting episodes to begin.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
27.02.16, 11:03
i agree..but i still expecting more from this show...probably is my bad that i expect breaking bad masterpiece plot twist ..even if the characters are different in each way....wondering also how...mike turned up to work for gus fring since right now is more in a moral gray area

Sazzy
27.02.16, 17:09
BB wasn't _that_ good either though. All my friends watched one ep a week and were hyper about it. Maybe it's just not a show you should binge, like I did. It's good, but to me it's not better than BCS. BB might have been more interesting with all the drugs going on, but it's not a surprise that it's more about legal cases in this one. I just hope it's not going to turn into a House MD, where every episode is basically the same (e.g. sick person, it's lupus, it's not lupus, victim cured)

anon
31.03.16, 03:44
Alright, there are only three episodes left for this season, and I think DarkSaibot has been right so far.

anon
21.04.16, 22:07
Alright, season 2 is over and...

...Jimmy's finale was bleh. When the tape recorder was revealed, I thought "uh, I saw this coming, Jimmy will be in so much trouble now :gmellow:". I'm more concerned about Mike. Who other than Nacho could possibly know he was going to the middle of the desert to kill Héctor Salamanca, then follow him there to stop him? And what were their interests on doing that? It could be argued that this was somehow a foregone conclusion since Héctor, Nacho and the twins are all alive in Breaking Bad, but it could have been this bullet that put the first on a wheelchair, so it's still done well.

Also, the conspiracy theory about how we'd see Gus because the taking first letter of each episode name spells "FRING'S BACK" after rearranging was false :wtongue:

anon
11.08.18, 02:54
Season 4 premiered some days ago, I'm grabbing the first episode as we speak.

I can't believe I didn't post anything about season 3, so here goes: it was 'kay, but I'm getting tired of waiting for something big to happen.

alpacino
13.08.18, 09:53
Nice! I paused on season 2, can't remember why but whatever. Now I'm re-watching whole Breaking Bad again, then will go back to Better Call Saul.

anon
14.08.18, 03:27
I've been meaning to rewatch Breaking Bad for a while. It really was a well-directed masterpiece; by season five they had me pressing F5 after midnight in order to grab the latest episode as soon as it was uploaded.

Same goes for Mr. Robot, which will get a fourth season this year. The first two were very good.

Sazzy
15.08.18, 17:45
but I'm getting tired of waiting for something big to happen.

I dont think anything big will ever happen. It's an anti climax tv show~

anon
24.09.18, 02:52
I dont think anything big will ever happen. It's an anti climax tv show~

We're halfway through season four and you've been right so far, but I think I may have been "seeing" this series the wrong way. I expected a big buildup followed by an constantly upwards trajectory like the Breaking Bad it's spun off from, but perhaps it's better seen as a slice-of-life kind of thing, where there is some plot that drives each season or at least kickstarts it, but the main attractive is the characters' day to day situations.

Under that perspective, I'd rate it 8, perhaps even 9 out of 10. After all, I'm still watching it :wwink:

Sazzy
24.09.18, 08:13
I agree; It's definitely that kind of show. Going into it expecting a breaking bad will only leave you wanting more.
But that being said, I'm quite enjoying seeing everything sloooowly come together. Like how they're now building the underground lab! :)

anon
12.10.18, 06:04
Alright, season 4 is over.

Wiegler was asking for it, but having to put him down may have been a transition point for Mike. The others can still finish building the lab, and knowing Gus, they will.

Great plan by Kim to make Jimmy show some fake sadness about Chuck and change the board's decision with the appeal (blink and you'll miss it: the waitress spreading the word about those $25000 was the same girl from the college crew that has helped Jimmy at various points, including this season with Huell), but did you see the look on her face when he told her that the speech all lies? And when he said he wouldn't be practicing law under the name McGill? Jimmy was still frustrated at realizing that to the system, he was no different than that girl who didn't get the scholarship because she had shoplifted two years prior, but still... this is going to be a very big strain on their relationship.

anon
26.03.20, 06:09
The current season has been great thus far.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=20339

Tom1012
10.05.22, 17:24
I like the original. After trying one season and trying to like it still could not get into this.

anon
11.05.22, 00:50
I felt the same way, until I realized the pacing and overall "goal" of this series is different. The fact it's a prequel also forces its hand to an extent: obviously they can't kill off any characters that were alive on Breaking Bad, nor create too many important ones that never show up later (Lalo was only mentioned in a single scene), nor show any highly dramatic events that become similarly forgotten. Speaking of which, it'll be interesting to find out what happens to Kim here, considering she was completely absent from the original...

Anyway, the last season has arrived, now I just need to make some time to start it!

Master Razor
16.08.22, 20:14
I suppose this is the end of the BB universe. Vince Gillian mentioned his next project will not be related to BB just to show that he can, supposedly.

It was a good show, I really enjoyed it. To think Saul Goodman would've never have existed without his brother, Charles. Most of time, the people around us make us who we are. If Charles would have accepted him into his firm, he would've become just another law-abiding lawyer. And his own brother - this makes it even worse.

anon
16.08.22, 22:55
I suppose this is the end of the BB universe. Vince Gillian mentioned his next project will not be related to BB just to show that he can, supposedly.

It's better to quit while you're ahead rather than going on and on until your work becomes a mockery of itself. Case in point: The Simpsons... and let's not forget that even so, anything Gilligan gets involved with from here onwards is going to be judged by how it measures against Breaking Bad and its extended universe.

Can't say more, as I haven't even started the new season yet :gfrown:

anon
16.09.22, 08:47
Bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VERYGL00tFo

Master Razor
16.09.22, 09:55
Yes, I believe such videos are called YouTube Poop (YTP), the name fits.