PDA

View Full Version : LilyHammer

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.15, 14:46
LilyHammer

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/AlexPyno/MV5BMTU5NjAyOTkyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzIzODAwMzE._V 1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Lilyhammer (2012)
TV Series | 45 min | Comedy, Crime, Drama

A New York mobster goes into hiding in rural Lillehammer in Norway after testifying against his former associates.

Creators: Eilif Skodvin, Anne Bjørnstad
Stars: Steven Van Zandt, Trond Fausa, Steinar Sagen |

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/AlexPyno/lilyhammer_cover.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfRgVbp9gSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4B3gAkb1fg

Review : Like Sopranos just in Norway
Steven Van Zandt what can i say more ?

Rebound
13.04.15, 14:52
I'm loving this series. It's very funny and Steven Van Zandt acts really well.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.15, 16:39
agree..the only a little bit bad thing is the language...since Steven Van Zandt is the only one who speaks in english...but after a while you can manage....using also subs

Rebound
13.04.15, 16:44
agree..the only a little bit bad thing is the language...since Steven Van Zandt is the only one who speaks in english...but after a while you can manage....using also subs

Yeah, you're right. I'm watching the series in German, so most Norwegian parts are translated as well.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.15, 21:15
that i did not know...having the option to hear the voices in own language is great..i was watching the show in norvegian...and it was a pain in the ear to understand all the plot ..until my country subs appeared ...this is how great is the show.. Jan Johansen made my laugh each time ..just when i see'it..it has so funny face in the show

Sazzy
13.04.15, 21:56
I personally think dubbed tv is the worst thing ever made, though, and welcome subs. It's nice to have something in your own language, but only if it was recorded that way. The fact alone that the lips are out of sync, is terribly annoying.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 01:54
point of view true in 99% of cases ,mostly when the dubbed version is over english original voices,but when it come's to norvegian ,trust me dubbed version is better, excepting the fact that you're Norvegian

anon
14.04.15, 05:24
Original voice track plus subtitles beats everything else for me, and I have learned a lot of vocabulary and proper pronunciation that way.

Cartoons and animations are an exception. I prefer watching those dubbed to my native language.

Sazzy
14.04.15, 12:09
I watch Japanese shows all the time. Subs all the way. But in my country we are raised with subs.

ozymandis
14.04.15, 15:00
same here subs rock although anime normally has proper dubs but still the originals was are badass.I have watched it in subs and it's funny as hell with the additional benefit of picking up foreign words

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 15:10
not all the people have the option to use torrents :)) maybe some of them watch the show on a channel from their country where is dubbed...and don't have what to do about this ..you "righteous pricks" :tongue:

anon
14.04.15, 15:54
not all the people have the option to use torrents :)) maybe some of them watch the show on a channel fro.m their country where is dubbed...

Channel? What's that? I do have access to these torrents you speak of :snooty:

I haven't "watched TV" (as in sitting in front of the television and looking at it for more than five minutes) since 2009. Downloading series is so much better. If so inclined, I can watch an entire season in a single sitting, or just keep episodes in my hard disk and deal with them at some point in the future, no Internet connection required. Piracy :01:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 16:20
i think i made a mistake or a Misunderstanding,first i taught the Rebound is watching the german Dubbed versions,, after second reading i think is more about subs ...( but you can't say anything because this elite's members that know all and have the keys of truth always jump on my head right away )

I haven't "watched TV" (as in sitting in front of the television and looking at it for more than five minutes) since 2009. Downloading series is so much better. If so inclined, I can watch an entire season in a single sitting, or just keep episodes in my hard disk and deal with them at some point in the future, no Internet connection required. Piracy

well..not everybody has between 16 and 35 to know about torrent ...they are some that still use tv channels ..i don't see my grandma torrenting ..or my mom...or my dad

anon
14.04.15, 16:30
i think i made a mistake or a Misunderstanding,first i taught the Rebound is watching the german Dubbed versions,, after second reading i think is more about subs ...( but you can't say anything because this elite's members that know all and have the keys of truth always jump on my head right away )

I talked about subs because that was the topic at hand when I entered this thread. None of us had any ill intent :gnoes:

well..not everybody has between 16 and 35 to know about torrent ...they are some that still use tv channels ..i don't see my grandma torrenting ..or my mom...or my dad

My dad is 64 and he torrents like a madman, but such cases are the exception to the rule.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
14.04.15, 17:17
I talked about subs because that was the topic at hand when I entered this thread. None of us had any ill intent

don't worry ..you're still a peach

My dad is 64 and he torrents like a madman, but such cases are the exception to the rule.

Many happy returns for your dad with health and happiness ..
no wonder you're a moderator ..you came from an IT familly :wink2:

Rebound
14.04.15, 20:42
I personally think dubbed tv is the worst thing ever made, though, and welcome subs. It's nice to have something in your own language, but only if it was recorded that way. The fact alone that the lips are out of sync, is terribly annoying.

Normally, I would agree with you. However, in Germany there are very good dubbing studios (maybe the best in the world). All speakers are actors/actresses, and most dubs are very professional and lip-synced. Of course, there are some exceptions (as usual). When I have time, I watch things in English, but otherwise, and especially in this case with Norwegian parts, I prefer a German-dubbed version (and LilyHammer's is really good).

Speaking of which, thanks to anon for correcting my English posts. I know it's not perfect, but I'm still trying. ;)

anon
15.04.15, 04:42
don't worry ..you're still a peach

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm hungry.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=15337

Many happy returns for your dad with health and happiness ..
no wonder you're a moderator ..you came from an IT familly :wink2:

Uh, maybe. I think I was 3 the first time I used a computer. It would not turn into an habit until much later, though. For a middle-class family such as mine, purchasing a computer in the 90s was quite a financial adventure. We would have to wait until the turn of the century before it became a reality.

Speaking of which, thanks to anon for correcting my English posts. I know it's not perfect, but I'm still trying. ;)

And you will improve. All it takes is constant practice. And the good news is, it can and very often is fun.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
15.04.15, 13:54
Uh, maybe. I think I was 3 the first time I used a computer. It would not turn into an habit until much later, though. For a middle-class family such as mine, purchasing a computer in the 90s was quite a financial adventure. We would have to wait until the turn of the century before it became a reality.

oh..what times was back then ,,. i still remember the struggle for a pentiumI and after 10 years for an AMD athlon 1700+ ..back when the games had gameplay and made you feel something ...what gold times..(nostalgic)

ozymandis
15.04.15, 14:09
oh..what times was back then ,,. i still remember the struggle for a pentiumI and after 10 years for an AMD athlon 1700+ ..back when the games had gameplay and made you feel something ...what gold times..(nostalgic)Nostalgic indeed and games those were the best of times instead of over reliance on graphics these days

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
15.04.15, 14:18
i still rememeber the nights spent on Half-Life | Opposing Force | my first shooters ,
Warcraft II Warcraft III , DOOM II , Duke Nukem ,Heroes ,Project IGI , AVP ,MaxPayne....ahh..drawl :redface:

anon
15.04.15, 15:33
I think I went to sleep at 5am when I first got Half-Life and Counter-Strike working, and they didn't even run well (< 30 FPS). GTA Vice City would not start at all, because it demanded 32 MB of VRAM, but the BIOS on that computer would only let you allocate either 2, 4 or 8 megabytes to the integrated video adapter... I recall wishing I could give more out of the available 256 MB to play it and make other games work better.

Later on, I'd get the computer I'm using to this day.

DOOM II

I made a dedicated MS-DOS bootdisk to play it at full speed. I'd eventually learn about Doom95.

ozymandis
15.04.15, 18:11
I still remember the 1st time I used bullet time in max payne it was epic:biggrin: and dukenuke em halflife too a lot of us were hooked on project IGI ah those days . i still play warcraft 3 sometimes;)

anon
16.04.15, 03:50
I still remember the 1st time I used bullet time in max payne it was epic:biggrin:

Same here with Enter the Matrix, another one that wouldn't run on my computer but I'd play at a cafe as often as was possible.

I tried Max Payne once but it was too "serious" for me, I preferred the other more fast-paced games.