PDA

View Full Version : Iceland’s Largest BitTorrent Tracker Wins in Court

CoreCore
28.03.08, 19:48
Whilst one site may have closed its doors thanks to the MPAA, after continuous legal pressure, another has prevailed today in court. Torrent.is has won in court over the Association of film rights-holder in Iceland (SMÁÍS)

Full report here:
Iceland?s Largest BitTorrent Tracker Wins in Court | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/torrentis-case-dismissed-080328/)

yoco
29.03.08, 18:09
They can try but they won't shutt BitTorrent :smile:

CoreCore
31.03.08, 06:32
BT, has tons of legal usage also. So they can't cancel/shutdown the BT project. It has ton of good legal usage for very large demo games, freeware, ect. It's not sure a pirate app and truthfully like what the court said in Iceland the BT file it self does not contain any of the data that is downloaded. It's just a file with information and no true copy written data.

SealLion
03.05.08, 23:49
I'm glad to see and hear that Bittorrent is winning in some areas. It really annoys me to see the RIAA nazis and the 'websherrif' {from Italy} trying either to close sites or to block material from being downloaded.

good for iceland..even though I don't live there :)

czullo
04.05.08, 11:13
good sign, i hope that bittorrent in EU will be legal :)

anon
04.05.08, 18:55
good for iceland :)

i'm pretty sure anti-p2p scum couldn't shutdown the bt network even if they wanted... it's every time easier to host a tracker and thanks to the decentralization provided by things like DHT or PEX sometimes you don't even need to do so when you just want to make a torrent and start sharing your stuff with the world :biggrin:

SealLion
04.05.08, 20:31
bittorrent will never die out. It'll always be around, for sure.

Its the users at places like Napster that I feel sorry for. They pay to download. :stupid::stupid:
While we get it all for free....:biggrin::klatsch_3::klatsch_3:

techmax
08.05.08, 19:42
Ya...

Hoping Don't Happen like OiNK Again...