PDA

View Full Version : Faking ratio with Ubuntu

TheShimon
17.12.12, 16:27
Recenly I've switched to Ubuntu from Win7, very happy with this decision by the way.

I'm back to the cheating buisness. I do have basic understanding of Ubuntu (and even more than just basic), I installed mono and wine but mRatio doesn't seem to run.

I looked up the board abit and found RatioMaster which supports only old clients...
Is there any method to cheat with Ubuntu which involves new (or at least from the last year) clients of torrents? uTorrent preferred but any other client is fine.

Thanks from advance,
The Legendary TheShimon.

anon
17.12.12, 17:02
I looked up the board abit and found RatioMaster which supports only old clients...

Then ask for a new client file!

Another great option to do this under Ubuntu would be Vuze Extreme Mod, of course.

cheatos
17.12.12, 20:38
Recenly I've switched to Ubuntu from Win7, very happy with this decision by the way.

In what way you are happy with using Ubuntu over Window 7? If you don't mind me asking?

I installed mono and wine but mRatio doesn't seem to run.

*mR won't run in mono -> known, since it requires PInvokes.

*I tried wine since I had some free time, and looks like it needs some patches,I've installed .net4 and latest unstable wine, got stuck here:

fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.VisualBasic"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"

the internets suggests patching some files in wine and recompiling, both are very time-consuming so I won't do it.

Patch: (I'm not even sure if it's applicable to the latest wine)
Running .Net 2.0 SP1 application Zalktis (http://pl.digipedia.org/usenet/thread/11809/20823/)

Another solution is having a WinXP VM, WXP is very light, it wouldn't have a disastrous effect on your machine.

Is there any method to cheat with Ubuntu which involves new (or at least from the last year) clients of torrents? uTorrent preferred but any other client is fine.

Easiest solution would be -as anon said-: using RM in wine AND:
using it with (uTorrent 2.2.1 build 25110) emulation since a lot of trackers allow it for being 'the last good uTorrent before the abomination, that is uT3'.
if some tracker staff complained about it, just mention 'hating the new uT3 things'.

Regards,
HRH Cheatosander of SB-Innovationia XIV, Leader of the Pantsless Knights, 32.33th division.

Blocker
17.12.12, 20:54
Then ask for a new client file!

Another great option to do this under Ubuntu would be Vuze Extreme Mod, of course.

I think anon's advice is the easiest option

VEM works like a charm in Ubuntu!

SealLion
18.12.12, 05:13
Regards,
HRH Cheatosander of SB-Innovationia XIV, Leader of the Pantsless Knights, 32.33th division.

I know it's totally off topic, but that's hilarious.

Mihai
20.12.12, 13:31
I've only tested VEM and it worked like it should. I'm not sure about RM + Wine so I suggest testing it on some low level trackers just to be sure.

anon
20.12.12, 16:06
For the record, we do have a cool tutorial on running RM via Wine, made by SBfreak.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21923

Installing stuff on Linux = running commands in the terminal, installing packages, cleaning stuff up. Installing stuff on Windows = double-clicking an executable. :wgrin: