PDA

View Full Version : How to hide my computer on local area network from the others ??

Haytham
18.03.08, 01:33
hi ...

i need to know how to make my computer hidden on my network from other users ??

i want my computer no one can see it with any program like net look or netcut or any other program can scan for other pc on the network .

thanks ....

spanish77
16.04.08, 17:33
Just install a firewall !!!

Butcho
16.04.08, 18:58
You can download XP-Anti-Spy.
This programs contains the features that you want...

shahjinn
19.04.08, 07:20
disable the network discovery service from your services.msc from start run command and set ur hardisk permission for others very limited so no one can have a full access control it will ask password so you dont have to worry about ;)

regards
shahjinn

delda
04.06.08, 08:12
lol
rename ur pc with one of the Special Char Like _ @ }{ etc....... char if u using M$ Windows

egypt man
13.09.11, 16:00
my company have a domain all computers connected to it and i found that all computers connected to internet throw proxy and som sites are disapled and the admin can watch my download activity and sites i visite can any one help me on hide my idenity from admin

thanks,...

anon
13.09.11, 16:02
1. read the posts above
2. use a VPN
3. don't use your company's Internet connection

sebota
14.09.11, 03:01
@Haytham , network admins also have software to detect PCs that disappear from network, it could be explained that you are doing something fishy, you don't own your work network so I advice you to be careful, some people get the boot for such acts, good luck ;)

byondemand
22.11.12, 15:06
well its hard to remain transparent on network but a desktop firewall can help u out with features like port blocking, port scanning and file sharing disabler as well as that stops ping and tracert type commands. on a domain better not do such silly type activities or u will be kicked out if policies are harsh.