Feedback...

anon
02.08.12, 03:19
Not really bugs, so I'm posting here.

You last visited: Today at 21:36 : You Have 7 Unread Posts

This used to have a line break between, like this:

You last visited: Today at 21:36
You Have 7 Unread Posts

Also, having the activity stream page and iSpy is redundant. One of them should go, and I vote to kick the stream if it's possible :wtongue:

Rebound
02.08.12, 03:24
First thing fixed, second thing i think you're right. But better ask staby first.

Instab
02.08.12, 04:00
yeah my vote for keeping ispy, too :D

SealLion
02.08.12, 05:20
You humans are all the same. Always thinking only of yourselves. Humans ought to be a controlled substance.

Is there a way to make an addition to the shoutbox settings so that upon logging in, the shoutbox is not in full view always. To my knowledge there isn't any setting to have the shoutbox minimized permanently when selecting to go to the 'Forum' tab. I'm not talking about the small reducer tab (or arrow) in the upper right corner of the shoutbox that reduces it temporarily, I mean permanently within one's profile settings.

Instab
02.08.12, 05:27
You humans are all the same. Always thinking only of yourselves. Humans ought to be a controlled substance.

Is there a way to make an addition to the shoutbox settings so that upon logging in, the shoutbox is not in full view always. To my knowledge there isn't any setting to have the shoutbox minimized permanently when selecting to go to the 'Forum' tab. I'm not talking about the small reducer tab (or arrow) in the upper right corner of the shoutbox that reduces it temporarily, I mean permanently within one's profile settings.

i'm afraid not. but there is an option to disable it for you completely.
that aside activity stream should be gone now :happy:

SealLion
02.08.12, 05:30
Do you mean it can/could be disabled on a member to member basis??
If so, I don't think that is really what I was after. It's just that I find that the loading of the chat box dialogues seems to, at least in my own experience, slow down the loading of the Forum tab page entirely.

Instab
02.08.12, 05:35
Do you mean it can/could be disabled on a member to member basis??
exactly

If so, I don't think that is really what I was after. It's just that I find that the loading of the chat box dialogüs seems to, at least in my own experience, slow down the loading of the Forum tab page entirely.
no doubt there, the forum index page is way too fat. alternatively you could try the archive http://www.sb-innovation.de/archive/

anon
02.08.12, 05:44
that aside activity stream should be gone now :happy:

I can still see it if I go to activity.php...

SealLion
02.08.12, 05:49
Ya. The archives I"ve tried before on the odd occasion. The disadvantage that I find in using the archives is that a user would have to navigate through all the sub-forums to find out what's new. It doesn't have the 'new posts' tab as is readily available on regular index page. Let me think about your idea to having the chat box disabled permanently for my profile. I'll let you know in a while.

SealLion
02.08.12, 05:53
By the way. The 'What New"> New Articles. This thing has never worked. What was it's original intention if I may ask??

EDIT: I see you disabled the chatbox as it does not pop up and slow down the loading of the page when I select the Forum tab. Actually, I do like it better myself now. Thanks Instab.

anon
02.08.12, 05:58
Ya. The archives I"ve tried before on the odd occasion. The disadvantage that I find in using the archives is that a user would have to navigate through all the sub-forums to find out what's new. It doesn't have the 'new posts' tab as is readily available on regular index page.

You can always bookmark that link and check the new posts that way.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Instab
02.08.12, 07:04
I can still see it if I go to activity.php...
sure, as far as i could see there is no official option to just turn it off so the only way is to get rid of all traces

By the way. The 'What New"> New Articles. This thing has never worked. What was it's original intention if I may ask??
and that wasn't just because we don't have new articles very often?

I see you disabled the chatbox as it dös not pop up and slow down the loading of the page when I select the Forum tab. Actually, I do like it better myself now. Thanks Instab.
you're welcome but i did nothing :P

You can always bookmark that link and check the new posts that way.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post
of course that's the way to go. i did it like that since my first visit

anon
02.08.12, 07:10
of course that's the way to go. i did it like that since my first visit

I have a pretty long URL bookmark I used to filter the German section, back when Snitlev posted like crazy there!

Nowadays I use the regular link, as overwhelming activity is sadly no longer a problem.

(Remember when you could filter forums from the search page via the user CP? :happy:)

Instab
02.08.12, 08:12
(Remember when you could filter forums from the search page via the user CP? :happy:)

sure although i never used it. anyhow at least we have the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." again on the unread posts page :D

yoco
02.08.12, 13:59
If I paste a YT link it only shows the link and not the video. If I want video to appear I need to put . Is this gonna be fixed?
:smile:

Rebound
02.08.12, 15:38
Have to wait for staby to fix it. Cause i haven't full server permissions.

Instab
02.08.12, 19:33
Have to wait for staby to fix it. Cause i haven't full server permissions.
me? :eek: :und_wech:

Rebound
02.08.12, 21:57
YT bug should be fixed.

anon
03.08.12, 06:08
Can you make the "Advanced Search" link at the top default to "Search Single Content Type" as it was before?

saebrtooth
03.08.12, 13:53
I have a pretty long URL bookmark I used to filter the German section, back when Snitlev posted like crazy there!

hehe Snitlev still posts like crazy

SealLion
03.08.12, 23:41
you're welcome but i did nothing :P

Ok. Well then let's make it official. Could you please disable the chatbox for my profile. For some reason the chatbox did not present itself for one login and so I thought that you might have taken preliminary action. Hence my statement above.

Thanks in advance and bon voyage. :jungspund: :smilie_prost:

and that wasn't just because we don't have new articles very often?

what?? I don't get it. What about the new articles from over the last year or 6 months or so??

Instab
05.08.12, 02:35
Ok. Well then let's make it official. Could you please disable the chatbox for my profile. For some reason the chatbox did not present itself for one login and so I thought that you might have taken preliminary action. Hence my statement above.

Thanks in advance and bon voyage. :jungspund: :smilie_prost:
you're very welcome will do it right away

what?? I don't get it. What about the new articles from over the last year or 6 months or so??
we had 4 articles in the last 6 months. 3 of them are yours so you won't see your own articles as new of course. but i might have gotten that wrong. what exactly is missing?

SealLion
05.08.12, 05:31

we had 4 articles in the last 6 months. 3 of them are yours so you won't see your own articles as new of course. but i might have gotten that wrong. what exactly is missing?

I don't think anything is missing. It's just that when I select to go to what new articles are present, normally one see's the new articles that were recently written. Including one's own. However, what would be the reason for an article publisher to not see his/her own article if that current article is recent?? Is it just a sort of default setting of sorts??

Instab
05.08.12, 18:31
when I select to go to what new articles are present
that would be which url exactly?

SealLion
07.08.12, 01:46
that would be which url exactly?

What's New>New Articles> [http://http://www.sb-innovation.de/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBCms_Article]

I get the message:

vBulletin Message
Sorry, there are no new items to view.

You may search for specific items, here.

I can search at the link given but it basically brings the user to the regular SEARCH page. On second thought (with respect to what I posted above), I find that it just kind of defeats the purpose of having a 'New Articles link (since New Articles are already posted on front page) that when a person goes to see what kind of New Articles are present, it does not show what New Articles are there.

Would it not be best to delete such a link?? It is kind of redundant, I find. New articles are already present on the Home Page. A person could just as easily navigate to the Home Page and select what page they want to see for New Articles instead. Too many links to things on the site IMHO.
I see it kind of redundant to have a New Articles link present that, in my mind if it were to show what new New Articles are shown on the Home Page which are/have been published, they would be there. But they are not. Just a SEARCH page is present instead. Like I say, would it not be best to just delete this New Articles link instead??

Instab
07.08.12, 11:44
yeah i'd say we just run a few tests and if it's of no use it'll get kicked out :D

SealLion
08.08.12, 03:08
Any particular reason why only 2 videos can be posted inside the Video section that is in the German fun and chill section??
I tried to upload/present 2 vids today but was prevented. Any particular reason for this restriction??

Rebound
08.08.12, 08:47
I remember the New vb Version have in the usergroup settings a limitation for that. I think staby check this if he have time.

Instab
08.08.12, 10:11
Any particular reason why only 2 videos can be posted inside the Video section that is in the German fun and chill section??
I tried to upload/present 2 vids today but was prevented. Any particular reason for this restriction??

I remember the New vb Version have in the usergroup settings a limitation for that. I think staby check this if he have time.

the settings are all over the place now :P
anyway set to 5 for now :happy:

SealLion
08.08.12, 10:47
Ok. Well 5 is probably more than sufficient. Nevertheless it's all fine now. Also, on the topic of trimming the fat (i.e. too many redundant & unnecessary links throughout the board), are you aware that when going to the

What's New TAB>New Posts; New Events(does not work); New Articles (does not work), Mark Forums Read

carries the same information as

Forum TAB>New Posts;Quick Links drop down menu>Today's Posts; Forum Actions drop down menu> Mark Forums Read

The 'does not work' shown in parenthesis above carries the same vBulletin Message error message that I posted in post #26.
And as such there is a case of redundancy with the 2 TABS presenting the same information. Is providing the same info in 2 different TABS intentional??

Instab
08.08.12, 14:09
yes the new version changed much of the menu. we're still not finished yet

SealLion
17.08.12, 05:37
Something else that I have noticed (and perhaps others too) is that even after selecting to check the check box under username and password for logging in, when posting and some time expires, I get logged out. How come?? Are you guys aware of this??