PDA

View Full Version : Vimeo: New Zealand (Water& Rocks)

SealLion
07.07.12, 03:29
I guess in continuing my travels around the world via Vimeo, I thought that I'd see what Vimeo has to offer with regards to a very beautiful country that is known to have a large diversity in geography. Snow peaked mountains, white-water rivers, mountain valleys, beaches (my favorite :biggrin: ), green pastures, rolling hills, and the like.

As there are just too many videos to present, I figured I would provide two here.

I really the 1st video because it presents a bit of what New Zealand has to offer. If you go through the entire video, you can see some of the larger boulders presenting evidence of erosion. Most likely due to one of the most recent ice ages or of a large flood that rushed it's waters past the boulders for a very long time. If you observe closely enough you can see that some of the boulders are pock-marked--holes. Near the end as the hot air balloon lifts off, you can see the aerial view of the mountains. Notice that they are all brown. Very little of the mountains, as shown in the video, are treed.

I also liked this video because it also has some of the wildlife diversity of that country. Enjoy the 1st one. :smile:

http://vimeo.com/17808185

The 2nd video is of some people doing what they most obviously like doing most. Mountain bike riding in New Zealand. Apparently because of that countries small population, there are not a whole lot of bike trails available; however, pretty much the entire country side is available for mountain biking. This video is kind of a longer one. It's 6 mins in length but if you stick through it all the way, there's some cool scenes though. The only thing I found missing from this 2nd video is a helmet-cam view from the mountain bikers. I think that would have made this 2nd video even better. In this video, you'll also very briefly see some of New Zealand's fjords and bays.

Anyways. Enough of my longer posts. Enjoy. :smile:

http://vimeo.com/33681000