PDA

View Full Version : Wifi blocking wallpaper

SealLion
29.06.12, 00:57
This is an older post from Gizmodo.com but I thought it would be an interesting thing to post anyways because wifi is pretty much everywhere and also wifi is vulnerable to intrusion. All you have to do is read on reports on Beini (which is reported to be outdated and does not have enough support for wireless cards but supposedly still does it's intended role) to BackTrack and a few others.

Nevertheless, this article on a special type of constructed wallpaper for the home is neat to say the least.

Wi-Fi-Blocking Wallpaper Protects Your Web Fortress by Keeping Neighbors Out

Scientists from the institut polytechnique Grenoble INP and the Centre Technique du Papier have developed a novel new product so gratuitous, it almost seems necessary: a silver-crystal coated wallpaper that can block neighbors from freeloading off your Wi-Fi network. The silver crystals are arranged in such a way that they are able to block certain wireless frequencies, not least of which is the same frequency as a WiFI router.

There is more at the link posted below. Enjoy :)

Wi-Fi-Blocking Wallpaper Protects Your Web Fortress by Keeping Neighbors Out (http://gizmodo.com/5909100/wi+fi+blocking-wallpaper-protects-your-web-fortress-by-keeping-neighbors-out)

insane
30.06.12, 19:55
haha at first i thought this was like a wallpaper for the computer. lol Its actual wallpaper for your house.

gu5t3r
30.06.12, 23:42
( L O L )2

anon
01.07.12, 02:34
haha at first i thought this was like a wallpaper for the computer. lol Its actual wallpaper for your house.

I'd be pretty pissed if someone wrote on my walls, but on the Internet that's commonplace.

CM05
01.07.12, 08:59
Crazy. My thoughts exactly. :m-rofl:

Would be better as a paint imo.